Gransnet forums

Chat

I'll keep this short...

(44 Posts)
Ninarosa Sat 06-Feb-21 16:28:38

Just to say husband and I are two weeks into Covid-19 and although we are poorly have avoided hospital, and worse.
I have dreaded this outcome for twelve months and now feel so relieved we've weathered it I want to give thanks. I wish I believed in a higher power to whom I could offer up my thoughts. Just that really, a bit emotional I think.

nanna8 Sat 06-Feb-21 22:10:27

It is good to hear you are recovering ninarosa and good for you for sharing your news. We only tend to hear the bad outcomes and it is encouraging to hear you are battling on ok.

Shinamae Sat 06-Feb-21 21:43:39

And I am 68 on Tuesday...

Shinamae Sat 06-Feb-21 21:43:15

Aching legs!!!!......??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

Shinamae Sat 06-Feb-21 21:42:41

Best wishes and get well soon to you both. I had Covid back in April and I was asymptomatic however I have been left with 18 legs in the morning that I presume is some form of long Covid as my doctor has done blood tests and cannot find anything else wrong...?

Aldom Sat 06-Feb-21 21:17:11

B9exchange From the Government website the figure 3,505 actually refers to the number of people ventilated. Patients admitted to hospital, latest figures 405,808 and currently in hospital 29,326.

muse Sat 06-Feb-21 21:09:16

Ninarosa
So good to hear you are both over the worst. thanks

Aldom Sat 06-Feb-21 20:53:03

So good to know that you and your husband are recovering from what must have been a frightening experience. Wishing you continuing good progress.
If Travelsafar is reading this, you remain in my thoughts. I hope you are feeling better now and have support as you grieve for your husband.

deefletch Sat 06-Feb-21 20:46:03

Wishing you all the best for a full recovery soon. Its a nasty one by the sounds of it x

sodapop Sat 06-Feb-21 20:23:36

So glad to hear you are both recovering Ninarosa don't overdo things now, get plenty of rest. thanks

crazyH Sat 06-Feb-21 20:23:17

Ninarosa - glad you both are better. Good wishes to you and all who are afflicted with Covid - get well soon flowers

lavenderzen Sat 06-Feb-21 20:18:33

Ninarosa sending best wishes to you both thanks

GreyKnitter Sat 06-Feb-21 19:07:45

Sorry to hear that you both caught the virus but glad to hear that you are recovering well. I’m sure you are emotional right now. Take care of yourselves as you recover.

glammanana Sat 06-Feb-21 18:56:29

I am really pleased that you are both on the mend it must have been really frightening.
My eldest son & daughter in law are into their 2nd week and are slowly feeling better thank goodness I felt awful not being able to help them in any way.

polomint Sat 06-Feb-21 18:55:35

Thank you for starting this thread. I wish you all the best and glad to hear that you are getting well. I understand that it would be quite emotional to catch it and hearing all the morbid news on tv. That in itself is worrying for anyone and then to catch and wonder if you will get worse would be quite scary. Then the relief of coming through it. So glad to hear some positivity

Kandinsky Sat 06-Feb-21 18:54:00

Exactly - we never hear about the vast vast majority of people who recover.
The media is too focused on the worst case scenario. But I guess they have to.

JenniferEccles Sat 06-Feb-21 18:50:26

It was good of you to take the trouble to start this thread Ninarosa.

It is great to hear from a couple who are recovering well as all we hear on the news is about those seriously ill, and worse, in hospital.

We all know by now that the vast majority of people who contract the virus have very mild symptoms and make a full recovery, but we never hear about them do we ?

V3ra Sat 06-Feb-21 18:46:40

Such a worrying time, especially with both of you being ill.
Best wishes for a complete recovery ?

baubles Sat 06-Feb-21 18:40:35

Best wishes to you both Ninarosa, I’m not a bit surprised that you are feeling emotional.

Sunlover Sat 06-Feb-21 18:29:28

My husband and I both had the virus at the beginning of the year. Luckily we both had it fairly mildly. It was still a very worrying time as we counted off the days. Even now 5/6 weeks on we get more tired than before. Feel very grateful to have come through it without major problems.

Kandinsky Sat 06-Feb-21 18:05:59

So glad you’re both recovering - it must have been very frightening to find out you had the virus.
For you flowers smile

Pantglas2 Sat 06-Feb-21 18:04:49

Lovely to read your good news Ninarosa flowers

B9exchange Sat 06-Feb-21 17:58:48

Great news, so relieved for you. Now that you are now on the mend, it is easy to forget that actually the vast majority will never set foot in hospital if they get Covid, and will have it mildly. We hear so much about the unfortunate few for whom it is really serious or sadly lethal, but they are a small proportion of cases. Out of the nearly 2 million active cases of Covid in the UK at the moment, only 3,505 have required hospital admission.

Once you are better you can really relax and enjoy the Spring and Summer, knowing you have nothing to worry about. Even if you don't believe in a Higher Power, I am sure the one of your choice would be delighted to hear of your thanks! smile

Harris27 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:56:45

Keep going ninarosa wishing you well.

Harris27 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:55:56

I am thankful at the moment and feel I’ve dodged a bullet. I work with younger people who have all tested positive and I negative me being asthmatic and oldest there. I’m healthy enough but they have age on their side I truly feel grateful and offer up a prayer each night.

fevertree Sat 06-Feb-21 17:49:40

Nina thank you for posting. The good news balance is needed too and unless we hear from people who get through it, we only think of the worst case scenario.

My cousin, 66 caught the virus, she has no idea how or where. She was very ill at home being cared for by her husband and then took a turn for the worse quite suddenly and was taken to hospital and put on oxygen and other medications. She was there for a week and is now back home recovering.

People do get through this, I definitely read your post as being a ray of hope. We need those!