Gransnet forums

Chat

I'll keep this short...

(43 Posts)
Ninarosa Sat 06-Feb-21 16:28:38

Just to say husband and I are two weeks into Covid-19 and although we are poorly have avoided hospital, and worse.
I have dreaded this outcome for twelve months and now feel so relieved we've weathered it I want to give thanks. I wish I believed in a higher power to whom I could offer up my thoughts. Just that really, a bit emotional I think.

Calendargirl Sat 06-Feb-21 16:30:50

Glad you seem to be ok.

My DIL has Covid, hope she goes on ok also.

granfromafar Sat 06-Feb-21 16:32:13

Sorry to hear that you both have the virus but glad that you are getting through it. Hoping for a full recovery soon. flowers

cornishpatsy Sat 06-Feb-21 16:43:20

I can imagine the relief you must feel, wishing you a speedy full recovery.

I assume, as you are on here, that you are probably over 50. It is always encouraging when older people survive, especially today for me as my neighbour died yesterday from Covid.

timetogo2016 Sat 06-Feb-21 16:43:22

Id`e be emotional too Ninarosa.
Myself and dh wish you both a full recovery.

FarNorth Sat 06-Feb-21 17:01:52

Of course you are emotional Ninarosa.
I am emotional too, on your behalf.

Wishing you and your DH a steady improvement and full recovery. thanks

catladyuk Sat 06-Feb-21 17:11:47

hope you both make a speedy recovery.

kittylester Sat 06-Feb-21 17:11:53

That is so good to hear. Thank you for letting us know. thanks

Urmstongran Sat 06-Feb-21 17:18:47

You must be so relieved. It’s an emotional rollercoaster I expect. Worrying that the symptoms might worsen after 7 days requiring medical help would make me so anxious if I caught it. You’re both past that stage however and really thankful to be so and getting well again. Great news!
?

Antonia Sat 06-Feb-21 17:19:44

Glad you have avoided the worst of this dreadful disease. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Shropshirelass Sat 06-Feb-21 17:20:22

My Mom is 98 and is just into her second week of Covid, she is getting a little better, quite a relief after being told last week that it did t look good for her. Still keeping fingers crossed as she is still on oxygen but reducing slowly.

Sara1954 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:22:56

That’s very good to hear. We hear so much doom and gloom, it’s lovely to hear something positive.
Best wishes to you both.

Blossoming Sat 06-Feb-21 17:23:36

Wishing you both a good and speedy recovery. flowers

Smileless2012 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:25:46

Sending you both good wishes. Get well soonflowers.

Luckygirl Sat 06-Feb-21 17:28:28

Get well quickly - so pleased to hear you are weathering this. Do you know where you caught it?

Jane43 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:28:56

Best wishes to all of you affected by this horrible virus.

J52 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:33:53

Glad you’re over the worst. It is a worry, especially when the news features the most severe patients.
Get well soon.

Ninarosa Sat 06-Feb-21 17:36:48

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes for us both. We are both sixty six and I have poor immunity due to cancer treatment some years ago.
I think I wanted to try and word my post so that there could be perceived a small ray of hope in all this, but didn't want to appear cock-a- hoop about it. I know many of you know of folk who haven't survived or are still so ill, my thoughts are with all struggling.
Thankyou.

fevertree Sat 06-Feb-21 17:49:40

Nina thank you for posting. The good news balance is needed too and unless we hear from people who get through it, we only think of the worst case scenario.

My cousin, 66 caught the virus, she has no idea how or where. She was very ill at home being cared for by her husband and then took a turn for the worse quite suddenly and was taken to hospital and put on oxygen and other medications. She was there for a week and is now back home recovering.

People do get through this, I definitely read your post as being a ray of hope. We need those!

Harris27 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:55:56

I am thankful at the moment and feel I’ve dodged a bullet. I work with younger people who have all tested positive and I negative me being asthmatic and oldest there. I’m healthy enough but they have age on their side I truly feel grateful and offer up a prayer each night.

Harris27 Sat 06-Feb-21 17:56:45

Keep going ninarosa wishing you well.

B9exchange Sat 06-Feb-21 17:58:48

Great news, so relieved for you. Now that you are now on the mend, it is easy to forget that actually the vast majority will never set foot in hospital if they get Covid, and will have it mildly. We hear so much about the unfortunate few for whom it is really serious or sadly lethal, but they are a small proportion of cases. Out of the nearly 2 million active cases of Covid in the UK at the moment, only 3,505 have required hospital admission.

Once you are better you can really relax and enjoy the Spring and Summer, knowing you have nothing to worry about. Even if you don't believe in a Higher Power, I am sure the one of your choice would be delighted to hear of your thanks! smile

Pantglas2 Sat 06-Feb-21 18:04:49

Lovely to read your good news Ninarosa flowers

Kandinsky Sat 06-Feb-21 18:05:59

So glad you’re both recovering - it must have been very frightening to find out you had the virus.
For you flowers smile

Sunlover Sat 06-Feb-21 18:29:28

My husband and I both had the virus at the beginning of the year. Luckily we both had it fairly mildly. It was still a very worrying time as we counted off the days. Even now 5/6 weeks on we get more tired than before. Feel very grateful to have come through it without major problems.