Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Feb-21 06:06:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and wet here in Brackley this morning , will have a generally quiet day.
Some housework etc, I found yesterday morning very cold , I went to the supermarket , expecting milder temperatures but the cold air hit me .
Take Care,
Mick

mrshat Mon 15-Feb-21 14:00:15

Loved that grandMattie! LoL moment ?

cornergran Mon 15-Feb-21 13:56:31

Thr same things happened to me marydoll. Reporting side effects from the vaccine (headache, exhaustion and nausea for 3 days) triggered an invitation to take a covid test, I did. Negative as anticipated. Strange system for sure.

Auntieflo Mon 15-Feb-21 13:32:36

Greenfinch, thank you for letting us know that you are OK.
I did try to Pm you, but don't think it worked.

Loved the hedgehog joke GrandMattie. We need all the laughs we can get.

annsixty Mon 15-Feb-21 13:08:15

Really laughed out loud.
You are “a caution” GM

Beechnut Mon 15-Feb-21 12:53:39

Maaaattie ???

grandMattie Mon 15-Feb-21 12:48:17

Very relieved to hear it, Marydoll. Some of those forms to fill are very ambiguous, aren’t they?
“We all make mistakes”, said the hedgehog climbing off the scrubbing brush... ?

sazz1 Mon 15-Feb-21 12:42:51

Good morning or is it afternoon from Devon. It's cloudy here but warmer. OH had the Oxford vaccine Friday and had a slight temperature for 2 nights and a bit of a headache. He's fine today. SIL who has had a kidney transplant and is diabetic, on insulin and anti rejection drugs had no reaction at all, nothing to the same vaccine so I think it's just potluck if you react or not
Hope Marydoll feels better soon xx

Litterpicker Mon 15-Feb-21 12:38:44

Meant to say, it’s lovely to hear everything is smiling again on the Angus coast Taichinan smile

Litterpicker Mon 15-Feb-21 12:35:48

Good day from cloudy but milder W Sussex.

I had my vaccination on Saturday. The system was so smooth and efficient. I wasn’t convinced I’d had any vaccine though as I didn’t feel the needle go in. Fortunately (?) I woke up in the night with a headache and have been unbelievably sleepy since, even for me, a dormouse at the best of times.

I had theAZ one, DH had the Pfizer and had a few days of feeling tired. Hope Marydoll will feel better soon - nausea and vomiting is so miserable.

I dropped my phone on the kitchen floor yesterday and it seems very dead but I am hoping the phone shop where I bought it is open and may be able to fix it. How is it that a device that we managed perfectly well without, now seems like an extension of our body?

Sun coming through clouds now. I will go and get some fresh air and sniff the gorgeous daphne bush flowering next door.

Grammaretto Mon 15-Feb-21 12:08:11

Good morning/afternoon from the Scottish Borders where it is a bit milder and most of the snow is away.

I had no adverse reaction to the vaccine though I did have a reaction to my home made Chinese meal. grin

Your poor ewes sheepandcattle . I once wanted to be a farmer but I am quite glad I didn't get my wish. It is a very hard life.

I'm doing my Gaelic homework. I am an absolute beginner . I'm finding some great connections with the vocabulary. bròg is a shoe pronounced brogue . The word pet comes from the Gaelic, Peata, meaning tame animal.

I love your flowers Ashcombe.
I received a book of his own stories and poems from my 8yr old DGS. Something to treasure.

Have a lovely day in the new semi-warm everyone.

Marydoll Mon 15-Feb-21 12:04:55

I don't have Covid! The symptoms started as soon as I got the vaccine, they just happen to be similar to Covid ones!
What I had filled in in error was the part for Covid symptoms, not the vaccine side effects. I am an idiot, to say the least.My brain is just mush just now!!!! ??

grandMattie Mon 15-Feb-21 11:57:01

Really, Marydoll? You shouldn't get CV19 from the vaccine, whichever flavour it is... Hope it doesn't complicate your life too much.
Glad the GP is giving you something for the vomiting, etc. shamrock X

Marydoll Mon 15-Feb-21 11:06:50

I now have a message via the Covid app, saying I should get tested because I feel unwell. I filled it in thinking it was asking for my symptoms after receiving the vaccine! I'm certainly getting my money's worth from the NHS! ?

Taichinan Mon 15-Feb-21 11:05:20

Good morning everybody from a glorious Spring morning on the Angus coast. The outside temp is 4°C but feels more like 14°C compared to yesterday. All has survived, - the fish look happy and the snowdrops and daffodils are smiling too ?
Coming late to the feast, I haven't taken time to read the 60-odd posts ahead of me, but look forward to doing so later. I hope all is well with all, and you can enjoy this amazing day ???

Mapleleaf Mon 15-Feb-21 11:00:08

Good morning from a brightening South Yorkshire.It was misty and dismal first thing, but for now the sky has blue patches and the sun is shining. It's such a lot milder, too, thank goodness.

So sorry that you are having rotten side effects Marydoll and I do hope they start to recede very soon.

A lot of people don't have side effects, annsixty, so don't worry, I'm sure the vaccine will be doing its job. It's a bit like the flu vaccine in that respect - some people have after effects, others have nothing at all.

Mick I hope you have felt well enough to attend your appointment at your surgery today, but if not, I'm sure you can re-arrange. I'm glad you have decided to take things a bit easier today, though - listen to your body.

Some beautiful pictures of bouquets today.

Take care everyone. ?

B9exchange Mon 15-Feb-21 10:57:25

Good morning all, lovely flower pictures, good luck with the appointment MaryDoll. Loved your update as usual SheepandCattle!
Plumber came yesterday, and the bath panel doesn't fit, so will have to spend a small fortune on having it cut down, as they don't seem to make the right size any more. Boiler man came today, with a wait and see approach to the boiler leak!

But really good news, a man is coming to look at buying the old sofa, new one arrives on 23rd, so not much time.

I have been feeling really 'off balance' for the past few days, like being on a rocky ship, or a descending lift. Hoping it will ease off, bit better yesterday and today, so fingers crossed.

We had an M and S meal yesterday which was lovely, and my 'secret admirer' provided chocs and a card. Our wedding anniversary on Wednesday, so will save our celebrations for then!

Have a good day all.

Happyme Mon 15-Feb-21 10:55:12

Morning from a grey misty but milder Cumbria where the sun is trying to break through.
Ooh sheepandcatlle your post made me cross my legs in sympathy with your ewes. Hate to see the crows hanging about when they see a sickly ewe or lamb.
Exciting weekend as joined the ?? club on Saturday along with DH. In preparation for possible side effects I had cooked meals in advance and cleaned the house so I could have a few sofa days. Pleased to report no side effects at all...not even a sore arm. DH on other hand has felt fluey but is almost back to his normal self this morning.......bustling about doing nothing urgent stuff!

Callistemon Mon 15-Feb-21 10:54:51

Good morning Mick and everyone

annsixty good to see you posting; I think, like having Covid itself, people's reaction to the vaccines will vary. Some people may have no reaction but it does take a while for your body to build up an immune response.

It's not as chilly here today in S Wales and had rained in the night. It's dry now and trying to brighten up.

Marydoll I hope you'll feel better soon, what misery; hope you're managing to take some fluids and don't get dehydrated.

Nothing exciting in the diary today except doing laundry, cleaning and general household chores.

Sending ??? to all who are anxious, unwell or just down in the dumps for whatever reason.

Jaxjacky Mon 15-Feb-21 10:51:06

annsixty I just looked it up, apparently less than half of people in the trials had a reaction to the vaccine, it’s still working! Everyone’s immune system is different.

granfromafar Mon 15-Feb-21 10:47:58

Good morning all from a wet and mild west Kent. Can't quite believe the predicted temperature or 17° for later in the week but will be happy with double figures.
Hope you manage to persuade OH to phone the doctor, Gingster. They can be stubborn at times, I know!
Off to swap some jigsaws with a friend later to keep up a plentiful supply.

annsixty Mon 15-Feb-21 10:47:50

I know Nannagarra thank you, I have read it but can’t reply.
I will do so as soon as I am able but many thanks for the info.x

Sparklefizz Mon 15-Feb-21 10:46:24

Hi Everyone, just popped back in to read all the posts.

Lovely photos of flowers .... thanks for sharing.
Sorry to hear some are still suffering after-effects from their vax and hope this week brings a recovery.

Ouch! Sheepandcattle I could really feel for those ewes with massive prolapses! shock What a hectic time you have had. A farming life isn't easy, I know.

Best wishes for grandMattie's GD's operation, and for all who have medical appointments today.

My oldest granddaughter is in quarantine in her apartment in Qatar. She's a teacher and some children in her class tested positive and she had some symptoms herself. However, thankfully she tested negative and has another week in quarantine. She has to wait for an app on her phone to change colour before she's allowed out of her apartment. Anyone who is outside can be challenged and asked to show their phone to see if they have the green "You are allowed out" coloured app. The penalty is harsh if you are in the wrong.

I have been so worried about her as I couldn't bear the thought of her being stuck in a foreign country alone and ill. She has not been allowed to fly home for nearly a year now and we don't know when that time will ever come. My daughter copes brilliantly.

Special thoughts to all who are troubled. x

Borrheid55 Mon 15-Feb-21 10:45:58

Morning all from an overcast Kent. The snow has disappeared overnight, thank goodness.
I saw a link on Saturday night to the vaccine booking system and booked for today. Surprisingly, we don’t have a vaccination hub in Ashford so a trip to Folkestone to the recently vacated Debenhams store. I don’t drive so DH will take me. At least I will see the sea. I’m in Cohort 5, DH is in 6 - so he has to wait. I’d actually prefer if he got it first as he is out to work every night ( HGV to Walsall hub). Marydoll I really hope you are feeling better today. I had a flu vaccine 40 years ago as I worked in a GP surgery, and was off work for two weeks with side effects! I decided just before Christmas to try again and all ok apart from sore arms! I was given the pneumonia one at the same time. Does the Covid one make a full house?
Nothing else planned today - got yesterday’s chicken carcass on to make stock for soup. I’ll sort that out before I go to Folkestone.
Have a good day everyone, positive energy to those that are poorly!

Nannagarra Mon 15-Feb-21 10:43:59

annsixty have sent you a PM.

annsixty Mon 15-Feb-21 10:34:32

Tried once again to PM , no joy so please forgive me, I will keep on trying.