Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday ( Shrove Tuesday)

(70 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Feb-21 06:08:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry outside with a little bit of wind, here in Brackley .
Today , under normal circumstances, I would have done my bus trips to Bicester and Buckingham , returning to Buckingham from Bicester and going into a cafe I have been a regular customer usually for a coffee but on shrove Tuesday , they did home made pancakes .
But I will have to cheat today with some ready made ones from the supermarket.
Take Care,
Mick

grandtanteJE65 Tue 16-Feb-21 16:31:04

It's half-heartedly thawing here.

Tiring trip by bus to hospital and back again for a scan.

Noisy, but not uncomfortable, so not complaining.

Arrived back FROZEN, so went to bed for an hour with DH

No, no, ladies and gents, just to sleep we were both worn out! But the bed gets warmer faster with us both in it.

muse Tue 16-Feb-21 12:43:54

Hello everyone. Late visiting. Wet, damp but warmer in Cornwall. Watching or rather listening to the rain hammering on the windows at the moment.

Mr.M not mentioned pancakes so I'm keeping quiet. Meant to be on no cakes and biscuits till the end of the month. One deliberate slip was valentine's day with cheesecake. I suspect if I make them, it will be maple syrup or, muscavado sugar and lemon juice.

How did it go Mick?

Taichinan Tue 16-Feb-21 12:23:01

I have just written a beautiful, light, witty and supremely intelligent post, and lost it. (Well, as it's lost, you'll never know if it really was!! ??)
Suffice to say it's a beautiful Spring day on the Angus coast. Snow? Ice? What snow and ice?
I'm not going to attempt the recreation of the lost post, so will just say I have loved reading all of yours and seeing the photos - Ashe's flowers (and Love Story) and the baby and calf. So sad for you Georgesgran ?❣️
Mick I have the sneakiest suspicion that you didn't make it to your medical appointment yesterday. Please tell me I"m wrong.
Ellan please come back soon, and all the other 'resting' posters too. We miss you all.
Happy pancakes everyone! ???

GrannyOwl5 Tue 16-Feb-21 11:39:00

Morning everyone from the north Kent coast where it is grey and overcast. Rain coming in later today so we have been for our constitutional this morning. Now sitting smugly with coffee and cat.

Welcome to the thread Forsythia. As Jaxjacky says you will have to tell Urmstongran the value of your house; think she is not posting today, but brace yourself tomorrow ??.

Some seed planting later and some potatoes are busily chitting so will have to get them planted sometime as well. Looking forward to the warmer weather we are supposed to be having over the weekend so I can get out into the garden.

In the meantime, the new 1000 piece jigsaw is calling to me and I have a good book that I am enjoying. Hope everyone has a good day. I’m another one missing EV; hope she is ok and enjoying her crumpets.

Stay safe.

Nannagarra Tue 16-Feb-21 11:30:36

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is mild and rather grey.
Talk of pancakes makes my mouth water, especially for those with sugar and lemon juice. I must stir myself and make the mixture.
I’ve been wondering about missing posters and hope they are okay. Sending ?for Georgesgran. Have the best day you can everyone. ?

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 16-Feb-21 11:07:41

Once again good Morning all from sunny but dry Harrogate - lost my first post in the ether! Nothing much doing today, having already given a recorded message from Amazon a trip on my roomba!! Sheep our DH's do like to make a drama if they are not up to scratch!! Glad he's OK though.

Gagagran we had our roof repaired yesterday, now we need a good downfall of rain to test it - but it has to fall in a particular direction to leak!!
Emailed my cousin in Canada - they haven't started with vaccines yet, but she hopes to get hers soon! Might put things in proportion here.

Mick hope your MOT went favourably yesterday, but yes, you do need to take more care (if you want to get us off your back, anyway!)

Glad to hear you feel a wee bit better Marydoll long may it continue

Have the best day you can, folks, tomorrow is a day nearer freedom!!

hollysteers Tue 16-Feb-21 10:59:53

Good morning Mick and all from a bright and breezy northwest coast. After feeding the cat, don’t think she was really hungry, just likes attention, I turn my thoughts to another purposeless day. Always things to be done in a house of course, but no one comes. I ‘should’ clean the inside of the car etc, but ‘should’ has taken a back seat.
I’ll carry on with my charcoal sketching and cheer myself up with thoughts of my bubbled son arriving at the weekend, that will get me moving a bit and I may even roast a chicken.
Last night watched ‘Legends of the Fall’ on Netflix recommended by my daughter. I’m not a Brad Pitt fan, but enjoyed it, though rather long and sometimes too gory.
Thoughts to the worried.

Grandmafrench Tue 16-Feb-21 10:38:07

Good Morning from little ole' moi in the S of France, where the drizzle has stopped and the sun has arrived.

Found my mojo, in the bottom of a paint pot this morning. Just taken a quick break to make some pancake batter 1

Wanted to say bravo, bravo, all you Vaccined Ladies. Thinking about all of you with problems, sadness, worries, illness and fedupness. Post when you can, Georgesgran - everyone is thinking about you wherever you are. x?x
Missing posters, hope you are all o.k. Back to the paintbrush for me - I must have our corridor looking smart again.
Stay safe and take good care of yourselves - always.
Hugs.

annsixty Tue 16-Feb-21 10:18:38

A latish Good Morning from Stockport.
I had a bad night so slept in today.
Pancakes here later , lemon and sugar also for us, I love them.
Georgesgran my thoughts are with you, I have “been there and done that” so I totally understand.
My neighbour has suggested we walk up the road together later.
I haven’t given her my answer yet, both physically and mentally I will struggle with going, I must try to make the effort though.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Gelisajams Tue 16-Feb-21 09:59:11

Good morning from an overcast mild (I think )Morecambe Bay. Having skimmed through posts I’m still smiling at the mishaps and mistakes of some posters. There does seem more of an air of positivity or perhaps it’s just me. I got out briefly in the garden yesterday though not for as long as I hoped. Although it was warm enough the ground was wet and icy cold, so when the rain started I called it a day. DH who was working under instruction on the hedge stayed out and got soaked. I came in the house and the postman had brought us both the letter so we are off to the cricket club on Sunday for our jabs. That together with the good news from the consultant had me walking on air yesterday. I rounded the day off with a long video call with a good friend.
Take care and stay safe everyone?

amselerin Tue 16-Feb-21 09:56:42

Good morning all from a slightly warmer Lueneburg. Yesterday afternoon it snowed rather heavily, so I had to be out early to clear all the snow from the paths. When I finished that I made myself a cup of tea to drink while reading your messages. I made room on the dining table for my lap top and in the process the full cup of tea landed on my carpet. (I must obviously be a bit more tidy and not leave lots of clutter on the table). But what does it matter with so much time on ones hand. I am not going anywhere just yet.

This afternoon the Buergerbus is picking me up to take me to the next village to renew my passport. This bus is supplied by the council to take us elderly people to wherever we want(within this area) and takes us home as well, From door to door. We don`t get a bus pass here. We are lucky in this district as this service is not provided in many places.
My little dog is refusing to go out in this weather. The other day he just sat down and refused to walk. So I had to carry him. I only managed it for about 30 meters. After stopping for a while he then walked again. I am sorry to see the snow go. But spring is on the way and with it, hopefully, better news for all of us.

Keep well all of you.

Grammaretto Tue 16-Feb-21 09:55:53

Good morning everyone from the Scottish Borders where it is

8° C. A few patches of snow remain but I can hardly believe it was -8 last week.

Do they really sell Staffordshire oatcakes in Tesco? Nannytopsy
I will make pancakes for old time's sake, I think.

Hope your days go well,

Auntieflo Tue 16-Feb-21 09:54:28

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It is so much milder here, that we actually ventured out for a short walk, round the block, yesterday. This morning it is raining, so do we go for a walk? Maybe.

Like Marydoll, I had trouble finding the thread this morning, but here we are. ?. Good to hear that you are bouncing back to normal Marydoll.
Thank you Ashcombe for your explanation, it sounds as though you have both made it work well for you. Well done.

Grannysyb, Loved the idea of asking the sheep to form a cross legged queue for Sheepandcattle. Would make a lovely cartoon.

Sorry to hear that your DD may have an infection Sar53, best wishes to her .

I have also missed EV's posts recently.
Is she taking a break?. Voluntarily. I can't keep up with who is in and who is out, these days. Also missing the people that Susan56 mentioned.
Georgesgran, ? for you and glad you feel like posting again.

Had my Covid swab yesterday, very quick, only ones there, then told I should self isolate for 3 days! Well I can't/ couldn't as I then had to go for a blood test, and in two days time I am due back at the hospital for a biopsy. C'est la vie.

Have a good day one and all.

Kim19 Tue 16-Feb-21 09:50:16

Good morning all from the gloriously grey north. The sun popped out for a whole three minutes. I've already been bombarded with the '321' method of the perfect batter mixture this morning and have decided to give it my best shot. Nothing much else to do........ Have a good day everyone. Cheers!

Jaxjacky Tue 16-Feb-21 09:40:35

Welcome Forsythia this is the best start to the day Urmstongran will wish to know the value of your house....long running joke!
Georgesgran look after yourself too, take help that’s offered, ? Pleased you’re on the up Marydoll keep striving! Gingster ??

Greyduster Tue 16-Feb-21 09:30:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a damp grey South Yorkshire. I slept badly and feel like a limp rag this morning, but we will go over to the butchers this afternoon, and have a walk in the park if it dries up. There will be pancakes later, with syrup and lemon, and yes, grandMattie, although I don’t make them myself, we are very partial to a fried Derbyshire oatcake with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Have a good day folks.

GrannySomerset Tue 16-Feb-21 09:25:41

Currently sunny and positively balmy in North Somerset so perhaps a little time in the garden - can only tidy as ground is so wet it’s best not trodden on.

Wonderful cleaner is here bottoming the sitting room to within an inch of its life now that so much furniture has gone off to be reupholstered. When we were first married our sitting room contained a sofa, a sideboard and two dining chairs. It rather looks as if we have come full circle in nearly 60 years!

Glad the news is better, Marydoll, thinking of you, Georgesgran and concerned about EllanVannin, but grateful for the various stories, especially from sheepandcattle. Hope we all have a good enough day.

Nannytopsy Tue 16-Feb-21 09:24:56

grandMattie Staffordshire oatcakes were always my son’s favourite! You can buy them in Tesco.

polomint Tue 16-Feb-21 09:23:02

Good morning from central Lanarkshire where it is a mild 8 degrees but windy.
I will also be making pancakes today
Hope everyone has a pleasant day

hulahoop Tue 16-Feb-21 09:19:47

Good morning from West York's it's a damp one here,no pancakes for me I have never liked them I will make oh some of he wants them.
?to George's gran after yourself .
Marydoll hope your jab symptoms soon disappear .

Susan56 Tue 16-Feb-21 09:13:35

Hopefully photo is attached now!

Susan56 Tue 16-Feb-21 09:12:17

Good morning from Shropshire.Dry at the moment but rain forecast for later.

Another day with nothing much planned.DH is making plans for the garden so as soon as the weather improves that’s where he will be.We have also made plans for our road trip round Wales when we are allowed out!Lots of plans being made but not much going on day to day!

I have attached a photo taken a couple of months ago of our grandson on their dairy farm.Thought sheep and cattle may like it.He loves the cows so much???

Georgesgran?

Thinking of Cherry,Ellan, dragonfly?Also Auntieflo and everyone else with illness and worries.Mary, glad the medication has improved things,

Have a good day all.

Marydoll Tue 16-Feb-21 09:11:06

As far as I know, you can receive and raed PMs, but can't respond using the reply box. I received eight identical ones, so so something is amiss.
As it is a free site, we can't really make a fuss, can we? I sent Dantech a screenshot of the script, in the hope he can spot the coding error.

Pittcity Tue 16-Feb-21 09:05:39

I have seen that PMs are still being received and sent, there are just no emails informing us. I found mine in the INBOX at the top of the page and ended up sending a dozen the same in reply as there is no acknowledgement that they've been sent. I have been able to delete the excess from the SENT box.

harrigran Tue 16-Feb-21 09:04:58

Good morning from the NE where the snow is all gone now.
My sister rang last night to say she has been able to book a vaccination for 8th March and said she was to have the one that worked, not the UK one hmm Has she been listening to the false stories in her Eu country ? More worrying is the fact that she felt she would be able to travel to the UK and mix with us.
My thoughts are with you Georgesgran, I understand how you feel.