Soop's welcoming kitchen for friendly folk

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 17-Feb-21 12:34:39

Here we are again...
Happy as can be in the circumstances
All good pals and jolly good company.

WELCOME dear kitcheners, old and new. smile

Doodle Mon 22-Mar-21 20:45:00

puzzler I think you’ve got it. I should probably turn my painting upside down, it might look ok then ?
Baggs I love your flapjacks too. Not so subtle hint? Just made me wonder how mini baggs is getting on. Haven’t heard about her for a while.
Soop and all those suffering ongoing pain. Don’t know how you cope day to day. Must make life very difficult for you all.
Love your boys N&G ?
Sorry about your headache Anno hope some paracetamol get rid of it.
muse hope your son is ok and you hear from him soon. We always worry don’t we.
Still hoping for news of Mia soon.
Take care all. Leave me some crumbs to follow if we move. ?

muse Mon 22-Mar-21 18:09:13

Good evening one and all, When does it become evening? I'm starting this at 5;45pm.

6 hours sleep. MrM came up late last night and I never truly settle till he's in. He was out in his workshop again.

We watched LoD together last night. First time he's seen it so was asking questions.hmm I'm watching it again before he comes in for dinner.

Mark arrived to clear more ground for the replacement beds. MrM decided anything more than 1mm out on the sleeper measurements was too much. He measured all 36 2.4m x200mmx100mm long sleepers. 8 hours later he is still sawing a few mm off nearly all of them. Mark got the clearing done, then wanted the sack truck to move the pavers. I then find out MrM hasn't repaired the flat tyre it had 2 weeks ago. He knew it was needed today. This has not been a good day. `Plus my sciatic pain is making me feel sick. Doing some more pilates in a bit to relieve it. I didn't do any more trenching GrandmaFrench. The loppers were in action today but too much bending and collecting.

Feeling down as dear son didn't ring yesterday. I sent my usual booster text to him.

Mia still absent sad
Good to hear from Panache. smile
Good luck with the call to the Doctor, Soop. thanks

annodomini Mon 22-Mar-21 17:49:28

N&G grin, You have just made me so grateful that all my little boys are now big boys!
I'm sorry to hear about soop's fibromyalgia which I have heard is particularly painful and hard to control. You have kept very quiet about that for ten whole years. And you're not the only one so my sympathy goes out to all of you who suffer in silence.
I've been in the dentist's chair for a whole hour and as a result have a cracking headache and when I regain an ounce of energy I'll seek out my stock of paracetamol which should sort it out.
See you all in the new kitchen. xx

Jaxjacky Mon 22-Mar-21 17:44:49

Hi all, normal, I use that term loosely, morning of washing, hoovering, sausages out of freezer for dinner. Then I booked a holiday, four days mid-week, September, in Weston-super-Mare, never been there before. Spent this afternoon, well two hours, on my voluntary co-ordinating between those wanting, chiefly hospital lifts and those offering them. Ordered some flowers to be delivered for a friends birthday and sorted retrieval of our laptop GD had borrowed for home schooling. Hoping DH will sort dinner, I too have decided to lose about half a stone, weird lunch of leftover cauliflower and small tin of pilchards, filled a gap.Susan and your DD, how debilitating for you both with no magic cure, you’re both very strong in spirit. soop I hope your GP call is productive tomorrow.
Have a gentle evening all. Thoughts are with panache.

NanaandGrampy Mon 22-Mar-21 17:15:59

Evening all,

Popping in before we move !!
Sorry to hear so many people are in pain - it affects more than your body I always feel but your mood too. So hats off to all that deal with chronic pain.

Nothing new to report here really - a little chat with Cooper aged 6 . It went like this....

Cooper; My nose hurts Nana.
Nana: Oh dear , perhaps you have a snotty nose?
Cooper; Nope ! I have had my finger up there all day !!

Enough said- the joy of little boys !!

See you in the new kitchen kitcheners :-)

soop Mon 22-Mar-21 16:54:39

Baggs Dear Pal o' mine, I would like nothing better. sunshine

soop Mon 22-Mar-21 16:53:36

dustyangel I meant to tell you that the camera is an Olympus. We treated ourselves to it to mark a very special occasion.

It is true that we are fast approaching the time when we'll all form a disorderly queue and do the Conga from this kitchen to yet another bigger, brighter, busier gathering place.

If this kitchen should close before I return in the morning, please will the last visitor do the honours and open the door to our new one? There will be the usual buffet and plenty of celebratory refreshments.

Love to you all. PLEASE go home, Mia. It is where you belong. smile moon

Baggs Mon 22-Mar-21 16:49:25

I trust there will be such a special occasion in the not too distant future, soop ?

soop Mon 22-Mar-21 16:44:30

Thank you, corner for your most informative private message.

brook I often enjoy a Digestive biscuit with afternoon tea. On very special occasions, I treat myself to a Baggs type flapjack.

brook2704 Mon 22-Mar-21 16:23:47

Just popping into the kitchen for a last look round before we all move very soon to our new place ...
Thank you for the Pink Ladies BA my favourite!
I’ve just come in from pottering and tidying the garden, so settling down now for a while with a cup of tea and shhhhhh a biscuit I’m one of those people who always likes a little something with my cuppa, as my dear mum used to say a drink is too wet without it!
Sorry to hear you’ve long term pain susan It must have been so difficult for you as a child and probably still is. Your DD too sounds like she’s had to make some big lifestyle changes to manage but well done to her. It can’t be easy.
Thank you for DH birthday wishes grandmafrench we both had a lovely day yesterday Hope it’s not quite as windy today and has warmed up a bit for you too
Sending sunshine and happiness to all

kittylester Mon 22-Mar-21 15:40:59

You lot still here then? Most of the time there is too much going on in here so I fully expected the new kitchen to have opened by now!!

Just thinking of our Galen, who has been a member of our kitchen since soop first opened our haven - I hope you are ok Galen.

I think a lot of us are feeling down at the moment - it all feels a bit so near and yet so far doesn't it?

soop Mon 22-Mar-21 13:34:08

BladeAnnie I eat a pink lady apple every lunchtime. Well done with the diet. You have my respect.

BladeAnnie Mon 22-Mar-21 13:12:46

Good afternoon lovely people from bright and sunny mid-Notts. I'm afraid I'm not bringing cake to the kitchen - just pink lady apples grin. Soop I do hope your telephone appointment goes well. I understand exactly where you are coming from - never easy is it?? I'm still keeping everything crossed for the safe return of Mia, Hellogirl. Roast veg with meatballs for dinner tonight as the diet continues and - hurray- it's working!! Sending virtual hugs to all our friends in need and please stay safe

soop Mon 22-Mar-21 12:52:24

Fern is absent without leave again. I am less concerned this time around. I know that she will return.

Dear Hellogirl, more love coming your way. sunshine

soop Mon 22-Mar-21 12:48:14

Good afternoon lovely peoples. You are all so kind. Thank you for sharing your personal experiences with pain management with me. I find it a comfort to be with those of you who understand. Tomorrow, I have a telephone appointment with the GP who first diagnosed Fibromyalgia almost ten years ago to the day.

Susan56 Mon 22-Mar-21 12:28:56

Sorry to hear so many of you are in such pain.

I was born with what is now known as EDS and have had many treatments over the years.The most effective for me was accupuncture and I have a pen provided by the physio dept called an accused so can just zap myself if need be!You can buy the pens online now.

My daughter has the same condition and she has different exercises which help control her pain.She also went vegan which was massive for her as she loves meat.She doesn’t eat meat or dairy 99% of the time but if she does eat meat she can notice a difference in her joints.

A referral to a pain clinic would also be useful soop although the distance you would need to travel may negate any benefits.

When I was a child I remember having all sorts of weird and wonderful treatments.Being in a room with bright lights shining on various joints and at one stage they made horseshoe type dressings which were literally stuck under my knees to stop the joints from dislocating,Not much fun going to school in Liverpool in the 60’s and 70’s with those on.My dear dad persuaded the school to let me wear trousers to travel to school to stop the teasing.

Anyway enough of my ramblings.I am still hoping that Mia returns home and that Fernhas made an appearance this morning.

Thinking of you all and sending much strength and love to Panache.

Grandmafrench Sun 21-Mar-21 23:00:41

Forgot to say, hope that Mr brook had an excellent birthday. Belated Many Happy Returns to you!

Grandmafrench Sun 21-Mar-21 22:57:56

In case I push the Kitchen door to find it locked, just wanted to say that I hope Sunday has been a reasonable one for all Kitchen peeps.

Lovely to think that there might be a solution of sorts for some nasty pain as a result of us all putting heads together. Always worth a try and sometimes it's only as a result of speaking to others that the best ideas come to light. May you have some relief from it, soop. Don't apologise for complaining, Jax, allotment digging is not for cissies! muse trench digging is also probably very taxing! Don't overdo it - build up your efforts slowly, please.

So good to hear from Panache that there have been some days of relief for her dear one. The most important thing is that help is now on hand and you are together and able to support him and spend time together in these so difficult days. My thoughts are with you, stay strong Mrs P - we all love and care about you both.

The Two D's - daisy and dusty are showing their usual spirit and positivity. Endless good wishes and ??? to you both.

I have been putting off going to bed because the noise here is quite horrendous. Roaring winds down our chimney - and they're forecast again for tomorrow. I just know when I let the dogs out in a moment, they'll lark around in the garden until Mummy is forced to go outside and search for them. Little tykes! They were both bathed today - which does tend to make them quite frisky, but I'm definitely not at my frisky best just before midnight. Words must be had, I feel!

TOYA especially poor dragonfly in her sad loss.

What I would love to hear is that little Mia has strolled safely back home. Come on, Mia, give your poor family a break. We're all wishing hard for her - maybe there'll be some wonderful news tomorrow.

Nighty night all. See you in the new Kitchen as soon as the paint's dry. x

Puzzler61 Sun 21-Mar-21 19:57:22

I don’t have any ideas for ways to alleviate fibromyalgia and other chronic pain, sorry, but I hope all who suffer find relief soon. ?

Thinking of the Panache’s - it’s good to know MrP has had some comfortable days. May he have more. ?

Doodle keep painting until the end as it may be like one of Rolf Harris’s paint walls - do you remember them? As he painted it resembled nothing until he stood back at the end and then Wow! the picture jumped out at you. ?‍? ?
Hoping for good news about Mia ....

Doodle Sun 21-Mar-21 19:41:25

Gracious kitty are we ready for moving again. I’ve hardly unpacked since last time ?
So sorry for all those suffering chronic pain. Hope you find something that provides relief.
Mia please come home.
I’ve been painting by numbers today. I am determined to finish it but can’t believe how long it’s taking. Looks nothing like the picture it’s supposed to be, just hope it comes right in the end.
TOYA ?

Jaxjacky Sun 21-Mar-21 19:25:44

Daisyboots welcome back and hopefully the new tablets will work some magic and dustyangel similarly help and positivity from your consultant.
I feel quite guilty having a whinge about 30 minutes digging when many of you are suffering and would probably swap like that. Along with muse trenchering away, I really must be more grateful for my good health and build up my fitness. So I have no advice to offer you either soop and others with fibromyalgia.
Chicken in the oven, Tesco’s dauphinoise too and veg on the way, I’ve set myself a target to lose 9lb by the end of April, so from tomorrow I’ll be more organised and back on sort of slimming world. I lost 3 stone with them about 5 years ago and have to dip my toe back in when I start creeping up.
Have a gentle evening all..we’ll be riveted to LoD at 9.

muse Sun 21-Mar-21 19:08:26

Not very often I miss a day in the kitchen. Struggled through Saturday with gardening tasks. We were hoping to make a start on the first raised bed. It's on a slope in two directions. Finally. today, I managed the trench and the slope either side is equal. Think I impressed MrM. He's been sawing the sleepers and 3x3 but not quite finished. Mark (garden help) is here tomorrow so he can help with the assembly.

Take care with all the gardening if that's your plan for tomorrow. hmm

Mya was very puzzled and anxious this morning. I'd got my pilates mat out and was doing a 20 mins youtube exercise vid to do help with sciatica pain. Bad night's sleep last night plus MrM was up 4 times with cramp and/or needing a pee. Anyway, in the end, this morning, Mya lay at my feet whilst I did some stretching. Doing an other session tonight after watching 1st ep of new series of Line of Duty.

I can recommend acupuncture too soop.

kittylester Sun 21-Mar-21 19:03:58

I'm just popping in to make sure someone remembers to leave cake crumbs as a guide to finding the new kitchen if we move over night.

I'm sorry to hear so many kitcheners are in pain. Do 'they' know what causes fibromyalgia? It sounds really debilitating and I hope that you can find some relief between you.

Nannytopsy Sun 21-Mar-21 18:48:44

Good evening everyone. We have had a productive day in the garden, completing the gravel paths around the raised beds then clearing out behind the shed, ready for bark mulch. Tomorrow, the area will become a place to store things tidily.
Love and prayers to the Panaches. I don’t have fibromyalgia but did fine acupuncture very successful for arthritis soop.
Have a good evening ?

Urmstongran Sun 21-Mar-21 18:25:31

‘Evening All’

So much on here this evening regards aches and pains from backache to fibromyalgia. And Panache your dear husband needing constant pain relief now, that induces sleep. It’s a sad road you’re being forced to travel along. My thoughts are with you all this evening.

Pain relief is tricky. So much so that these days there are actual pain-relief clinics held in hospital out patients. We got a man on the moon over 50 years ago yet good pain control is still trial and error.

I hope everyone on here has a peaceful evening ahead. x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion