Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(8 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 18-Feb-21 11:34:02

no mentioning football today, disastrous weekend

jaxjacky. Condolences! I see what you mean! sad
Plus 6 losses in a row, whereas City have forgotten how to lose! grin
Good news is that we are now free on extended parole as promised after 5 days severe lockdown; no backflips.
Even better news! This will be quite a short epistle as I've just installed Win !0 (and already lost one half-baked message)
So now learning navigation skills again!
Before I go, can someone confirm that the adverts appearing on our GN screens appear on yours'?
Currently they comprise the usual bevy of young ladies parading in T-shirts with interesting messages emblazoned across their fronts
e.g. "When this virus is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me!"

Yes! it's one size fits all and it makes a change from ladies' underwear and swim wear! grin
Must disappear before this does!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

nanna8 Thu 18-Feb-21 11:46:13

I don’t get any adverts on gnet at all, why don’t you just block them?

Megs36 Thu 18-Feb-21 11:51:03

Hello Rufus not seenthe adverts you mentioned, however there are some pretty grim ads relating to bodily functions, there was a thread a little wjhile ago about these, some quite hilarious.....??.
Hope everything is going well, as you may know there’s lots of comments here regarding travellers arriving and sent straight to hotels for isolation, I thinkOz did this very well but it seems not very well received here to put it mildly.
Weather here (SE) still very wet but not so cold and little snow. TG.
My husband got his second letter with shielding advice to end of March,but no real change for us, here’s hoping next week will show a little relaxing of general restrictions. What I ask myself does a supermarket look like and do I care??.
All the best
Cheers ????????

Rufus2 Thu 18-Feb-21 13:09:02

I don’t get any adverts on gnet at all, why don’t you just block them?
Nanna8 Are you kidding!? grin
I'm not complaining; I want more!
Some of the messages are worth a chuckle, but I didn't want to be carrying coals to Newcastle, so to speak by repeating them here
Recently the themes were bathing attire and even underware, although there wasn't much room for some messages! blush
e.g. "Don't piss off Old People; the older we get, the less "life in prison" is a deterrent"! grin
How that fits across the front of a lady's T shirt has to be seen to be believed! hmm
OoRoo

Galaxy Thu 18-Feb-21 13:14:55

Is GN like Facebook, in that the ads relate to the searches you are doing.

Jaxjacky Thu 18-Feb-21 13:56:57

Hi Rufus, yes, City should take the Cup, deserved too. Next Tuesday Leeds v Saints, tension in the house.
I get ads on the right of the screen here, but I sort of don’t notice them, they must know I hate shopping! I’ve just looked now, men’s hoodies and sweats...
We have sun this afternoon, thought it had decided to permanently stay with you, might get up the allotment at the weekend.
Take care ?

Rufus2 Thu 18-Feb-21 14:12:55

Is GN like Facebook
Don't know much about Facebook Galaxy,
I know what you mean, but it's not like that! Ads appear regularly down the right hand side of the screen before I've even got underway and the subject matter is mainly feminine attire. Nothing to do with my browsing. hmm

Here's another!
"A day without wine is like.....'' I have no idea!" confused
Cheers

Megs36 Thu 18-Feb-21 19:37:25

Got the wrong end of the stick, thought you meant TVads, told you I’m losing the plot???
Cheers again ????