Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Sun 21-Feb-21 06:25:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Starting to feel more my old self , the scars on my arms were I have had needles etc are disappearing .
Yesterday , I did a small shop , maybe another one today being forgetful or is it age .
I took paracetamol yesterday as well as my new and regular prescriptions, in the afternoon took another walk mainly to a cashpoint for some cash but felt better than I had earlier , its a case of relax and let my body repair itself .
next Saturday I have the Pfizer jab which what I have read seems to have more immunities than the others with time gap between jabs .
Also an appointment clash , in a few weeks time same venue different areas , one as cardiac first may involve tread mill , and other 2 hours later for Glaucoma .
Take Care ,
Mick

Scentia Sun 21-Feb-21 13:19:58

Sheep ❤️ Thanks for your second post.

Taichinan Sun 21-Feb-21 12:37:28

A very late good morning (aka good afternoon!) from a Spring-like Angus coast. I didn't fall asleep until around 6.45 this morning so am not at my best. I wouldn't have posted in my "miserable sod" mood but wanted to thank sheep for the chuckle and the explanation, which I think is absolutely right. Also a welcome home to Iris and the random flamingo. Georgesgran I can only imagine what you're going through, but as another poster said, please take all the help that is on offer. You were certainly right to accept the visit from DH's friend. ,?

LauraNorder Sun 21-Feb-21 12:34:00

Georgesgran, how lovely that your husband was able to have a little visit from a friend, it must have lifted his spirits at this awful time for you both flowers.
Hope your pain abates soon Auntieflo.
Thanks Bellasnanna for sharing that lovely picture of normality, something for us all to hope for before long.
Sheepandcattle, your amusing and informative stories of adventures on the farm are much appreciated and lift my spirits.
I’m glad Iris is home and enjoying her Lego, especially the random flamingo.
Wishing everyone with pain and worries their own random ? flamingo

LauraNorder Sun 21-Feb-21 11:55:09

Phew, just squeezing in a good morning from dry and sunny Anglesey. Stop work on that ark Pantglas no rain today.
Will pop back now and read all about you all.
Hugs where needed.

hollysteers Sun 21-Feb-21 11:31:11

Good morning Mick and all from a dull northwest coast.
Well Mick, you seem to have everything lined up health wise, which is good, but I’m surprised you go out every day shopping if your health is precarious. Mine isn’t so much, but I only go into a small corner shop supermarket every couple of weeks. Take care.
Cheered up immensely by bubbled son here who cooked last night. I cooked the chicken with garlic and tarragon previously and he did the rest, spatchcock potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and peppers. It was handed on a tray for a TV supper, a habit my late husband disapproved of. He had a point, as I spilt a little gravy down the front of a favourite red pinafore dress. (I’m glad they are back in fashion, so easy to stick a polo neck sweater underneath) Then we battled to answer questions on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with that miserable bugger, Jeremy Clarkson (a pet hate alongside that other grumpy host, Paxo ?)
Thoughts to all with worries and troubles.

Grandmafrench Sun 21-Feb-21 11:23:50

Good Morning everyone! ? from a windy, sunny, mild, stormy, South ?? where a bit of gardening will take place today and maybe a walk. Maybe. But a definite do-little day and a touch of the lazing about is planned.

Thanks for the ‘reveal’, sheep. I can now see why your posts are always filled with warmth, caring and fun....it’s possibly called farming from the heart! That little June could easily have been my Florence’s daughter. They’re so alike. She was the most wonderful Mum too. Loved those circus tricks and the cartoon. Which one of you failed to spot you were facing different ways? ?

kitty Weird? But we are in such weird times, aren’t we. Do hope you’re o.k.

Dear Georgesgran far too many plates for you to be spinning alone. Please take any help and support that’s offered and don’t ever feel you have to explain yourself to anyone. Wishing you more strength and courage. Take care of yourself. ? NannyT better sleep tonight, hopefully? ginny wobbles will go, but we won’t. Keep telling us how you are feeling. Much better soon, we hope. Pitt how organised are you! Respect, as the kids say!

Mary breakfast in bed and the papers? Sometimes you can be such a sensible girl. Wishing you a better day today.

Auntieflo take care, feel better, feel stronger and be kind to yourself, please. corner, rest that back, and Sar watch yourself with the bed shifting.

Bella how lovely - a glimpse of (nearly) normal life.
Hurrah, Iris is safely home, GM. amselerin so pleased that Waldi is almost back to normal. Do you have a photo of his little lordship that you can post?

What a laugh, oldbutstill. She clearly needed company and chat a lot more than you did ?. Hope her unburdening session really helped with the survey!

Enjoy your Sunday, Urms and Cherry. Hugs and good wishes to you all (and to you, Ellanx).
Thinking of you all - and remember, we are going to get through this together. ??‍♀️

Nannagarra Sun 21-Feb-21 11:10:38

Good morning from the Sefton coast where the sun is trying to peep through an overcast sky.
I was so late posting yesterday it was actually mid afternoon. Is this called ‘Good Morning’?
Oh, how I chuckled at sheep’s account. I do hope you’re not too sore, though.
Many people, including me, feel wobbly Ginny. Our job now is to keep the faith.
Sorry to hear about your SiL Gingster and the problems experienced by Georgesgran at an already difficult time. I think having a visit from his friend was an excellent idea.
Have the best day you can everyone. ?

Mapleleaf Sun 21-Feb-21 10:40:13

??for ginnyand gingster and anyone else in need of some today.

polomint Sun 21-Feb-21 10:25:42

Good morning from central Scotland. Sunny but still a bit windy, however I might go out later a walk with our dog. Keep safe everyone

Urmstongran Sun 21-Feb-21 10:25:32

Glad to have you back with us again ginny these are trying times. harrigran you sound a bit meh today - keep thinking ‘we are nearly there now’.

Georgesgran I think you did exactly the right thing inviting your husband’s friend over. It will comfort them both to spend a bit of time together, these last of days are too precious to waste.

Autieflo as always I am awed by your fortitude dear lady. x

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 21-Feb-21 10:22:01

Good Morning from grey Harrogate - I've put a wash on hoping to get it out for a spell before the rain arrives.
Sheepandcattle your antics and cartoon did make me giggle, reminds me of my 2nd time out riding a horse. We were on the beach (fortunately) I couldn't get the rythmn and decided it would end badly if I didn't do something quick, I dropped off the horse - gosh the rest of the party were all around me saying I'd fallen. I was totally unhurt and got back on a bit more comfortably!!

Apart from cooking and watching a virtual church service, I've no idea what else is doing today.

Hope everyone can have the best day possible

GrannySomerset Sun 21-Feb-21 10:19:10

So sorry that life is being made unnecessarily difficult for you, Georgesgran. I was caught out by hospital pharmacy not open at weekends too. I don’t know what you ar supposed to do if you don’t have transport and/or someone to look after the invalid. Quite a lot of the NHS runs to weekday office hours, unfortunately. Not true of vaccinations though.

Grey morning after a tricky start. DH is at the stage where he won’t admit that he can’t do certain things and ends up causing chaos and extra laundry. Very frustrating all round and does nothing for my somewhat fragile temper. A day with nothing planned apart from the Sunday paper, but will endeavour to be nicer than I have been so far.

Sympathetic thoughts to Marydoll and others not feeling their best, and hope tomorrow sees improvement.

CherryCezzy Sun 21-Feb-21 10:18:16

Auntieflo, I hope your pain eases as the day goes on ?

harrigran Sun 21-Feb-21 09:52:39

Good morning from a dry and sunny NE after heavy overnight rain.
Another nothing day with just the newspaper.
Thinking of Georgesgran and all others with worries.

Georgesgran Sun 21-Feb-21 09:50:59

Marydoll yes - we did have something couriered a while back from the hospital, but it was decided that it was uneconomic for DH’s needs to get them that way.
Hopefully things will settle into some sort of routine now. It was ‘my fault’ I missed the Pharmacy - I honestly couldn’t believe it was closed on Saturdays. X

Urmstongran Sun 21-Feb-21 09:48:06

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry and mild but we have rain forecast from lunchtime lasting all day and tomorrow too. Himself is driving over (5 minutes) to have a cycle round the park with his boy - yesterday was bitterly cold with sleety rain so the inaugural trip had to be postponed - making the most of this window of dry weather.
?

Sunday = stepfather joining us for lunch. Beef in ale, a lá Delia with mash on the menu. Oh - and wine extra nice as I’ve had none since last Sunday. Pinot noir, a nice soft red.

Afterwards I’m looking forward to continuing the book I bought on Kindle yesterday. I’m already almost halfway through it as it’s so readable! It’s by Jenni Murray ‘Fat Cow, Fat Chance’ such an insight into her struggles with weight, breast cancer, joint hip replacement and subsequent bariatric surgery. Reading it is inspiring and has me determined to try harder whilst I can.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Fantastic news that Iris is home granMattie! And sheepandcattle you’ve missed your way - such talented cartoon drawing! You ought to pop that one on our daily cartoon thread! Glad to hear your migraine is settling Ashcombe - fortunately mine all abated with the menopause. Nasty things. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Marydoll Sun 21-Feb-21 09:42:18

Georgesgran, just a thought. One of my medications is precribed by the hospital and they arrange delivery with LLoyds Homecare. Would that be a posibilty for the ones which are hard to source.

Gingster Sun 21-Feb-21 09:37:02

Georgesgran sending kind and supportive thoughts to you and your DH. Lovely to have his friend visit, and quite right. ??

Mapleleaf Sun 21-Feb-21 09:35:45

Good morning all,

It's a fairly dull, grey looking start to the day here in South Yorkshire. I'm not sure what it's going to do, but for now it's very still.

Glad you are starting to feel a little better Mick and listening to your body a bit more. What you need is a shopping list - then you will, hopefully, not forget something and have to go back the next day. Once a week should be enough, really.

Glad little Iris is home, grandMattie.

What an adventure, sheepandcattle. Enough excitement for the day, I would have thought. ??

? Georgesgran. I think, under the circumstances, the visit was for the best. I do hope your surgery gets the prescription situation sorted very quickly - a 50 mile round trip isn't feasible on a regular basis.

Take care everyone.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 21-Feb-21 09:24:25

It’s just stopped raining in Oxfordshire , well, my part of it but it’s 8degress, so it could be worse. DDs dog let us all have a lie in until 9 am this morning, so we are all feeling very lazy.
Good wishes to all who are unwell and those who are looking after loved ones, so many and I might miss someone, sheepandcattle such a funny tale, but I expect you have some very busy days to look forward too.
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Stilllearning Sun 21-Feb-21 09:20:24

Morning from a much brighter S Lanarkshire. Thank goodness for that, yesterday was absolutely miserable, non stop rain and windy with it. My promised walk with my local daughter will materialise this afternoon.
Gingster, I am so sorry for your loss of your sister in law ?
Special thoughts to Georgesgran and friends of my own walking that path.
Great to hear you’re feeling better Ashcombe and Mick
and another thanks to Sheepandcattle for a morning chuckle, your posts should be headed ‘Funonthefarm*! I know that’s only one side of it but you do tell a good story?
What a gorgeous cake Bellasnana, and in the sunshine with a daughter, happy days.
Best wishes for a good Sunday everyone, especially those with private sorrows x

Dwmxwg Sun 21-Feb-21 09:19:01

Georgesgran I have been thinking of you and your husband. I am sure a visit from a friend in these circumstances is allowed and has been good for you both.
Trying to get prescriptions/medication can be such an untimely difficulty particularly when it is a controlled drug. I do hope a a course of steroids will help to ease symptoms and give him a much needed pickup.
I have only experienced this from “the other side”, nursing in my local hospice. I do hope you are getting support from the professionals and friends and family, this is a difficult path to travel alone.

cornergran Sun 21-Feb-21 09:16:53

I’d have made the same decision georgesgran, love to you both.

Keep on resting marydoll, frustrating though it is. You’re very much in many people’s thoughts so not alone. Hope your son in law has good dental news tomorrow.

BlueSapphire Sun 21-Feb-21 09:14:39

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton. I managed to get out in the garden for an hour yesterday, and start tidying up, and if it stays dry may get out again today. Little and often and I shall gradually get round to everything.

Nothing else planned for today, just the usual newspapers, crosswords, and knitting. I successfully managed the V neck and shaping yesterday, so may be starting on the sleeves today.

A good win for my rugby team yesterday - it must have been my lucky Saints socks!

flowers for Georgesgran. Thinking of you, and all those with worries.

Auntieflo Sun 21-Feb-21 09:11:28

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
I thought I was getting away with the after effects of my biopsy rather well, until this morning, when I feel as if I've had a good kicking. (Or been another contestant in the backward riding sheep contest)
I must have been given lots of anaesthetic and it has now completely worn off. Ow! So that will be a day of nothingness then, and that's me sorted out. I think I should be surgically attached to a pot of tea.
Love the picture of June, she does look contented. Do sheep like a cuddle?
I didn't get to read all of yesterdays GM thread. Is that where I can find a picture of BlueSapphire's cardigan? I must look as I was nosy and wanted to see how it has turned out.
Such good news that Iris is home, and busy building her Lego.
Georgesgran, sending hugs to you and hope you het the prescriptions for your DH.
I am hoping that all those who have been unwell lately are beginning to feel better, and if I try to list them all, I will surely forget someone, so it is a blanket well wishing to all. Sorry.
Must go and have some breakfast, then the on line service, then, who knows.
Have a good day one and all.