Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Sun 21-Feb-21 06:25:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Starting to feel more my old self , the scars on my arms were I have had needles etc are disappearing .
Yesterday , I did a small shop , maybe another one today being forgetful or is it age .
I took paracetamol yesterday as well as my new and regular prescriptions, in the afternoon took another walk mainly to a cashpoint for some cash but felt better than I had earlier , its a case of relax and let my body repair itself .
next Saturday I have the Pfizer jab which what I have read seems to have more immunities than the others with time gap between jabs .
Also an appointment clash , in a few weeks time same venue different areas , one as cardiac first may involve tread mill , and other 2 hours later for Glaucoma .
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 21-Feb-21 06:35:06

Good morning everyone from a dawning E Kent. Days are getting longer, warmer... we shall beat this gloom, with loads of ? and ☀️.
You’re learning, Mick. If you listen to your body rather than fighting it, things get better.
Iris came home lunchtime yesterday. She looked pale but very cheerful. No pain apparently. She Skyped to show me the Lego summer house she had built. I had given some money for DD to get her some post operation cheer. She had all sorts with it including a “random flamingo”.
DS2 and DGS came to lunch. I had forgotten how big they were. I’m tall but feel tiny next to them ?
Virtual church and gammon joint today.
Today will be quiet and kind to everyone, full of sunshine ? and pain free! ????

Ashcombe Sun 21-Feb-21 06:37:15

Good morning one and all from a calm and dry (at last!) Torbay. I’m glad you feel you’ve turned a corner in your recovery, Mick, and that you have your vaccination booked.

Thank you all for the kind words yesterday when I had a migraine. Since my vaccination over a week ago, I’d had a headache periodically which built up to a full blown migraine yesterday morning. A sound night's sleep has seen off the worst of it.

Each day, I enjoy hearing the latest from our very own farming correspondent, sheepandcattle and marvel at your energy! It’s a little like “Call the Midwife” but with animals! I hope today brings an improvement in progress for Iris so she can return home.

Yesterday DH and I participated in a Zoom session with some of his model railway contacts, all members of a forum, which includes some social threads. (a sort of Gransnet for anoraks!) It was quite good to put faces (mostly old and bearded, including DH!) to names.

Tickling the ivories at church this morning so I'd better get moving. Wishing everyone a happy day of rest. ✝️??

Beechnut Sun 21-Feb-21 06:41:29

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Dark and dry here.

Some ironing and putting up the curtains I washed yesterday and general pottering about.

You’ll have to make a shopping list Mick and if you’re anything like me forget to take it with you.

Lovely colours in your cardigan BlueSapphire.

I hope you feel better Marydoll, also sending condolences to Ginster ?

One more sleep until we hear news from Boris so stay safe and take care all ?

Gagagran Sun 21-Feb-21 06:42:15

Morning Mick and everyone from a dry and mild south coast. 9.5c at 6am. Might even see some sunshine today!

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Mick. We both had the Pfizer jab with no side effects at all. It's 5 weeks on Tuesday since ours so we should have some protection by now. Looking forward to jab no 2 which will probably be in April.

Hope the day is a good one for us all and especially those feeling sad, lonely or unwell.

Sheepandcattle Sun 21-Feb-21 06:58:09

Good morning Mick and all, I’m pleased to hear Iris is home and let’s face it, every brave little girl needs a ‘random flamingo’ in their life?!! Firstly I just want to say that I normally read this lovely thread at lunchtime and always think ‘I must send my best wishes or sympathy’ tomorrow in response to some of the posts where people are ill, bereaved or unhappy but, come the following morning, I can’t remember who I needed to remember- so apologies- I do wish you well in my head!
Sorry to report that the fat woolly ladies are still not performing! ? In all fairness, they aren’t due to start until Tuesday but I would have expected an early appearance of one by now - maybe they are all just fatties!
I had fun yesterday...... I turned them all out into the field yesterday afternoon for a graze and a stretch of their legs and when I went to check on them an hour later, there was a triplet-baring ewe stuck on her back. I made the rooky error of straddling her to roll her back over expecting her to be a bit wobbly and disoriented when I up-righted her ( as they usually are) only for her to take off with me on board! Because she was so broad across her back, my feet were off the ground and she was going like a bat out of hell so my only option was to “gracefully” dismount head first!? I’m attaching a diagram that I sent my granddaughter for her amusement! I’ve been lifted off my feet before by the ewes when I’ve been feeding them and they’ve run between my legs but never actually gone for a backward facing canter across the field - a new ‘extreme sport’ in the making!
I’ve also ( I hope) attached a photo of the very lovely June as she has been featured in a couple of my recent posts. I think she rather enjoyed having a photo taken - I’m sure she sucked her checks in and pouted slightly!
Wishing you all a day of some cheer and happiness.

Beauregard Sun 21-Feb-21 07:14:10

Good morning all from Derbyshire where it's 9c and dry at the moment.

Yesterday DD and DGS2 called as they walked past the house as he rode the pony. DD gave us the news they are planning to move away if SiL is offered the job he has applied for.

Later we had a video call with DS and DGS3. He isn't walking yet, as I thought, but it was lovely to see him.

This morning we are going to watch Noregard ? having a work out in a nearby menage. All very stressful for her as she's never been there before and doesn't like leaving her friends, so it could be interesting! ?

Good to hear Iris is home and feeling cheerful.
Hope Marydoll is feeling better today.
flowers to all not feeling well or coping with difficulties.

Hope Sunday is a good day.

grandMattie Sun 21-Feb-21 07:27:28

Good morning sheep, is backward riding sheep a new Olympic sport? ?????
My great uncle used to farm ostriches in South Africa in the early 1900s, for feather boas, but they also used to race them... ???

Beauregard Sun 21-Feb-21 07:28:13

Loved your cartoon and story of the backward facing canter Sheepandcattle. Gave me a chuckle to start the day!

kittylester Sun 21-Feb-21 07:28:16

Good morning all from a grey but dry North Leicestershire.

It is 4 years today since my mum died and I have surprised myself (and a few other people) by deciding to go to the cemetery with a pot of hyacinths. I really don't have any sense of either of my parents being there and my mother and I didn't get on very well. Weird.

Glad Iris is home. Love and gentle hugs to all who need them.

Nannytopsy Sun 21-Feb-21 07:30:07

Morning Mick and all his followers. Dry but cloudy in Suffolk today. The dunnock is already singing outside the window.
Woken far too early by DGC this morning despite a late night and a long ‘awake’ spell for DGS in the night. Could be a long day!
Glad to hear Iris is home safely.
Oh well, better make a move I suppose.
Good news is no side effects for DH from yesterday’s vaccine.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 21-Feb-21 07:38:32

Good morning Mick and all

It’s 10 degrees here in S E Essex but rather overcast. Another day with no plans. Did and the GC are coming for lunch the 6yr old has requested roast pork with crackling so that is what we have.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

brook2704 Sun 21-Feb-21 07:38:40

Good morning mick and all from Inverness where it’s dry and a little bit of sunshine is forecast for today
sheepandcattle that started my day with a laugh - I hope no damage was done when you landed!
Great news about Iris getting home GM I hope she continues to recover well
Nothing much to report today, I enjoyed seeing the DGC on their bikes yesterday but today we’ll just find a local walk somewhere ?
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles and hope the day is gentle. Take care all whatever the day brings ?

Grammaretto Sun 21-Feb-21 07:38:41

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's light and so much milder now.
Take it slowly Mick and you'll soon be back to your usual active self.
What adventures with your Ladies in waiting you are having Sheepandcattle . I hope the muddy landing was soft. grin

After church on zoom, I plan to clean the greenhouse and when I tire of that, my usual walk and begin my new knitting project. That'll do.

Good news that Iris is home happily playing with her lego and random flamingo.smile
Good wishes to all who have worries and sorrows today.

cornergran Sun 21-Feb-21 07:41:14

Morning Mick, morning All. Another grey, gloomy damp start to our corner of Somerset. Will whoever kidnapped the sun please send it back.

I’ve absolutely no idea what I’ll do today. May tackle some sewing if I can sit comfortably, my back has been advertising it’s various ailments recently. I do know it will be roast chicken, lots of veg with a cheesecake to finish later. Mr C tolerates roast chicken, it’s my favourite, I got to choose this weekend. grin.

Your description of your adventures yesterday made me smile sheepandcattle, hope your feet stay on the ground today. Delighted you have a vaccination date mick, you seem to be more confident now. My grocery shopping ‘memory’ is a list, it works far better than my on board memory for sure. Pleased you feel better Ashdombe and you enjoyed your zoom session. Good news Iris is home grandMattie, a random flamingo brightens anyone’s life.

Take care everyone. Hope Sunday is kind to us all.

Scentia Sun 21-Feb-21 07:44:00

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is looking dry and feels quite mild!! I bet that will change by the time I get out for my constitutional with DGS.
sheep as a vegan I really shouldn’t love your posts, but they honestly make my day. ?
Did lots of garden stuff yesterday and hope to carry on today. I have a list for the garden centre once I get paid, every year is the same, I am so fickle and like to change it every year!
Take care GM friends and Mary I do hope you feel brighter today.❤️

Elizabeth1 Sun 21-Feb-21 07:45:02

Good morning everyone from a fairly bright and calm looking Day on the east coast of Fife from beyond these curtains. Me and my dh went out in the car yesterday afternoon for a wee jaunt to our local beach where we watched youngsters playing happily in the swing park close by.

This is the day we’re both going to make a Sunday roast I’m on the meat and Yorkshire puddings fingers crossed they turn out well my dh is doing the vegetables and roast potatoes he makes excellent roast potatoes. I’ll also make the gravy I’ve watched enough cooking programmes these past few weeks to know what I’m doing fingers crossed we can rustle up a glass of bubbly to put in my new crystal glasses.

Love to all this Sunday may your day be harmonious and full of love for those less fortunate. Protective hugs all around smile

Bellasnana Sun 21-Feb-21 07:46:42

Good morning from Malta where it is a pleasant, sunny day.

I was up early so changed the sheets which means I’ve made myself more ironing to do later.

Men’s final from the Australian Open soon, I am hoping for a Medvedev win.

Yesterday’s outing with DD3 was lovely. I will add a photo of the delicious lemon and poppyseed muffin I had with my coffee. It was topped with a chocolate butterfly.

Glad to hear Iris is home and on the mend. Hope Marydoll will be feeling better today, and glad your migraine has left you Ashcombe.

Hope you all have a good day, thoughts to all with worries and illness. ☀️

ginny Sun 21-Feb-21 08:00:05

Good Morning.
I haven’t posted on here for a week or so. Hardly posted at all.
I’ve not been feeling too good ( not ( not COVID)and things got on top of me. Feeling a bit better now but still quite wobbly.
It’s difficult to single out people to mention but glad some are improving and my thoughts to all who are still sad , ill or troubled.
Hoping for some sun and ?for all today.

cornergran Sun 21-Feb-21 08:02:07

Good to see you ginny, hope you continue to feel stronger. Take care of yourself.

Sar53 Sun 21-Feb-21 08:04:51

Good morning from a dull, grey Essex by the sea, but it is mild so no heavy jumpers needed.
We have to move our big, heavy bed today so we can get behind it to finish decorating. I'm not looking forward to it as it means emptying all the storage underneath and taking off the mattress first. Looking forward to the room being finished.
Pleased to hear that Iris is home, upwards and onwards ?.
Roast gammon today and I think DH will be watching the snooker.
? and a ? for anyone who needs them. Have a lovely Sunday and stay safe everyone xx

baubles Sun 21-Feb-21 08:05:12

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s cloudy but the sun is struggling to break through.

I’ll pop back later to catch up with the posts but rushing off now as it’s vaccine day for us and I’ve woken feeling discombobulated by weird dreams.

Pittcity Sun 21-Feb-21 08:08:09

Good morning from a hazy Colchester. A repeat of yesterday's mild sunshine is forecast. We threw open the windows and doors and got on with pre-move sorting.
I sent DS up to empty the loft as he returns to base today after we eat our Sunday Roast pork.
This week I will be mostly sorting and scanning the many boxes of photos that we have discovered.
Big hugs x

Dwmxwg Sun 21-Feb-21 08:08:56

Good morning from north Surrey where it is overcast but bright.
Have had 2 good nights sleep and feeling much better for it.
Day 3 at work this afternoon so a gentle morning of dog walk and a Pilates session.
Sheepandcattle you have such an “interesting” life and tell a good story to bring it alive for us, thank you.
Gingster sending my condolences to you.
Marydoll I hope you improved through the day yesterday and today is an even better day.
Ashcombe good to hear you Migraine has eased.
GrandMattie good to hear Iris is home and enjoying her Lego.
DH is bringing me tea and porridge in bed this morning.
Wishing all a peaceful Sunday

brook2704 Sun 21-Feb-21 08:09:53

Lovely to see you back ginny and hope you continue to feel a bit better, just one day at a time ?
bellasnana I’ve got serious cake envy!!