Gransnet forums

Chat

Megan and Harry again!

(1001 Posts)
Newatthis Sun 21-Feb-21 12:15:54

Can someone please enlighten me in letting me know what was wrong in Harry and meghan saying "service is universal"? Surely it is. We also like to help each other and provide a service to each other when we can, that's what I'd like to believe anyway. Isn't this what they meant? There's seems to be a lot of H & M bashing again over this, however, it's all gone quiet over Prince Andrew's alleged sexual relationship with an underage girl. Am I missing something?

maddyone Sat 27-Feb-21 09:59:39

I have a simple wish, that I’d never have to turn on the news and hear about them again. I fear it’s unlikely to be fulfilled.

trisher Sat 27-Feb-21 10:08:44

I have news for you all. Your TV has many channels some of them don't show news, alternatively use your remote and turn it off. I've seen one clip of the Harry/Corden interview. I don't want or need to watch more.
As for the twang I'm one of those people who pick up an accent wherever happen to be, it's not deliberate it just happens.

Peasblossom Sat 27-Feb-21 10:22:59

Actually I think we will hear less and less about them as time passes. Once they’ve done the Oprah interview and had the baby there won’t be much else to say or do that’s relevant in Britain.

In the US they’ll have to find their role. It’s a young thrusting society. I think they’re a bit old now for a wide fan base, young Americans aren’t interested, they have their own idols. The celeb friends they mix with, the Clooneys etc, are moving over from A listers to yesterday’s men.

It’s a tough world in LA.

janeainsworth Sat 27-Feb-21 10:23:54

Well said Trisher. I can actually beat that, I haven't seen that interview at all.

Accents are fascinating, aren't they. Not only how they differ within a few miles, but how they have changed over the generations.

lemsip Sat 27-Feb-21 10:34:31

Well there has only been the brief clip on the bbc news anyway.

eazybee Sat 27-Feb-21 10:38:18

Never forget H has a pathological hatred of the Press, whom he blames for his mother's death, completely ignoring the fact that she generated such intense interest with that dreadful interview.
I really cannot understand why he is following that route, with the dire example of his mother, father and uncle to show the damage it can do.

NellG Sat 27-Feb-21 10:45:55

Ah, the subtle difference between 'nasty' comments about the goings on of celebrities, royals and women with large families and weak pelvic floors versus the 'nasty' comments directed at other posters.

A Gordian knot of sham morality and the fodder for one of the most popular threads on GN...

Look at us being all horribly normal

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 27-Feb-21 10:48:57

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about No.1 oh me oh my
What I think, what I want, what I like, what I know, what I need.
But most of all I wanna talk about ME.....

With apologies to Toby Keith and his song.

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 27-Feb-21 10:51:48

Peasblossom not sure about the Clooney family, like Oprah he says he only met them once before the Invite to the wedding arrived and they seem to be settled in the U.K.
George said ages ago that they prefer the lack of press coverage they get over here!

Lucca Sat 27-Feb-21 10:54:10

NellG

Ah, the subtle difference between 'nasty' comments about the goings on of celebrities, royals and women with large families and weak pelvic floors versus the 'nasty' comments directed at other posters.

A Gordian knot of sham morality and the fodder for one of the most popular threads on GN...

Look at us being all horribly normal

?

Anniebach Sat 27-Feb-21 11:12:03

He did say the waffles are made from organic ingredients, and
The Crown is fiction

maddyone Sat 27-Feb-21 11:33:11

I’ve said it already but I’ll say it again, I haven’t seen the Harry interview with James whatever his name is. I saw a small clip on SkyNews and instantly turned it off. Having said that, if I try to watch the news, it’s comes up every time. I’m not interested and I don’t want to watch it. For that reason I can’t comment on the content of the interview.

Peasblossom Sat 27-Feb-21 11:36:45

Oh sorry Oopsadaisy. You can tell I’m not up to date with celebrity culture. I didn’t even know the Clooneys had settled in the UK?

Rosie51 Sat 27-Feb-21 11:37:34

trisher

I have news for you all. Your TV has many channels some of them don't show news, alternatively use your remote and turn it off. I've seen one clip of the Harry/Corden interview. I don't want or need to watch more.
As for the twang I'm one of those people who pick up an accent wherever happen to be, it's not deliberate it just happens.

How patronising! You might like to know it's possible to make your point without lying about something.....William, Catherine and George made a tour of Australia and New Zealand in George's first year. Perhaps you'd like to withdraw your lie that they didn't do a royal tour?

trisher Sat 27-Feb-21 11:44:32

Rosie51

trisher

How patronising! You might like to know it's possible to make your point without lying about something.....William, Catherine and George made a tour of Australia and New Zealand in George's first year. Perhaps you'd like to withdraw your lie that they didn't do a royal tour?

I'll certainly apologise for not being 100% au fait with the travels of the RF. Although given a choice between Africa with a 4 month old and New Zealand with an 8 month old I know which I'd go for.

lemongrove Sat 27-Feb-21 11:44:44

nanna8

Don’t encourage those avidly combing the posts for something to report, please! Hate it when posts mysteriously disappear. Detest the permanently offended brigade. Like the poor, they are always with us, NellG and I hope you don’t fall foul of them because your posts are interesting and good and feisty.

??????????
And we would welcome you in The Argy Nell should you feel inclined ( it’s under new management now, Doodle runs it) whoever does the accounts there runs it btw.
I have gone off into the sunset with my rich boyfriend ( on his yacht) although we pop back now and again.
Your comment earlier about ‘the baby being after a potato peeler’ had me in stitches.

Peasblossom Sat 27-Feb-21 11:51:07

South Africa is a beautiful, beautiful country trisher and the level of facilities for those who have money and privilege are, if anything, superior to those of New Zealand.

I expect Harry and Meghan had every facility.

What is your vision of Africa?

Rosie51 Sat 27-Feb-21 11:58:55

trisher

Rosie51

trisher

I'll certainly apologise for not being 100% au fait with the travels of the RF. Although given a choice between Africa with a 4 month old and New Zealand with an 8 month old I know which I'd go for.

I'll certainly apologise for not being 100% au fait with the travels of the RF. not au fait!! Yet you stated that whereas Harry and Megan toured South Africa, Catherine and William didn't do any tours. That suggested you considered yourself informed. Not prepared to apologise for the lie then? Of course a 22 hour minimum trip is much preferable to an 11 hour one.

trisher Sat 27-Feb-21 12:03:14

Rosie51

trisher

Rosie51

trisher

I'll certainly apologise for not being 100% au fait with the travels of the RF. not au fait!! Yet you stated that whereas Harry and Megan toured South Africa, Catherine and William didn't do any tours. That suggested you considered yourself informed. Not prepared to apologise for the lie then? Of course a 22 hour minimum trip is much preferable to an 11 hour one.

Rosie51 if you insist on regarding a mistake as a lie there is very little I can do about it.
Though as mistakes, misinformation and unsupported 'facts' abound on this thread it seems a bit obsessive to focus on one. smile

Rosie51 Sat 27-Feb-21 12:10:04

trisher when someone states something as fact, they've usually researched beforehand. It says a lot that you won't actually say you withdraw the statement you made. I wonder where you found the information in the first place? grin

Anniebach Sat 27-Feb-21 12:23:30

Harry and Megan were appointed president and Vice President of the Queens Commonwealth Trust founded in 2018 so S.A. was an obvious choice .

paddyanne Sat 27-Feb-21 12:26:04

Ha ha ha ,my then 3 year old wanted a speed peeler for his birthday ,he used to watch Hot Chefs while I cooked dinner and Gary Rhodes who was his hero .Maybe the Sussex wean is into cookery shows ?
He took" his"speed peeler with him when he left home at 29

Jane43 Sat 27-Feb-21 12:35:18

nanna8

On our tv this evening Harry was saying that he left the UK because the press there are so bad and were affecting his mental health. I could understand that , especially after his mother’s experiences.

Having spent a lot of time in the USA I can tell you that the press over there is far worse, not the national newspapers but the magazines such as National Enquirer which are lined up next to supermarket checkouts. Some of the claims made about the Royal Family would make your hair curl.

Ellianne Sat 27-Feb-21 12:35:37

No no! Not cookery shows for Archie. That is stealing Prince Louis' thunder. We all know he loves Mary.

tickingbird Sat 27-Feb-21 12:38:33

Trisher Instead of advising others to turn off their tv’s or switch channels when H&M appear why don’t you switch/avoid said threads when they appear? You and other ‘non interested /don’t care’ posters seem to dive in en masse practically salivating whenever there’s a thread about them and it’s not to comment on them it’s to attack posters who are interested.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion