Gransnet forums

Chat

Log burning stoves

(53 Posts)
nanna8 Mon 22-Feb-21 10:30:24

Have you got one or ever had one ? I just love them. We used to have a pot belly stove when our children were young and it was so cosy. It used to glow red when we stoked it up. Very dangerous for sure but great for roasting chestnuts etc. I still remember it fondly. We have one now at the beach and it is nice but not quite as good looking, square with a copper flue. Almost makes Winter seem attractive.

Thistlelass Wed 24-Feb-21 02:56:03

I have a small multi-fuel stove which sits flush with the modern wood surround. It is 6 years old. Very easy to clean. Has a small ash holder which you just pull out as required. Light as a feather. Wipe the glass clean ( use a special spray) and you are ready to relay. I purchase large tote bags of logs from a charity source. Put fire on as often as I want and that amount lasts me a month. I intend getting a small coal bunker as well. The natural fire is a great source of comfort to me of a winter evening, greatly helping my mood.

nanna8 Wed 24-Feb-21 03:32:12

I don’t know why but there is nothing like a natural fire ? for coziness. Probably goes back to the Stone Age.