Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Feb-21 06:14:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in Brackley but remains dry.
Yesterday , I placed a chilled meat order with Parley Box , just to try out there selection.
I am hoping today later to have confirmation of when it is due.
Otherwise an easy watching cycle racing on Eurosport, and maybe pick up a prescription
later .
Take care,
Mick

Pittcity Tue 23-Feb-21 08:12:21

Yes Kitty. GNHQ say they've fixed the PMs but at the expense of the mobile site.
So we mustn't worry if some posters are missing today.

Jaxjacky Tue 23-Feb-21 08:20:44

Good morning from a slightly chillier, brightening S Hants. Hugs with family on the horizon! Never mind holidays or haircuts, I need a hug with our family ? NanKate fingers crossed for nutritionist. Marydoll tree pruning survived then; safe trip to hospital. I must take my car out for a run, brand new in September, less than 500 miles on the clock! I had a letter yesterday for an increase in my state pension that I haven’t got yet, it’s imminent. Not much on, as usual today, definitely a walk, an easy dinner as football on 6pm.
Hope sheep isn’t madly busy, steady deliveries in maternity. Thoughts with Auntieflo, Georgesgran others with hurts in mind and body.
Have a gentle day all.

Sheepandcattle Tue 23-Feb-21 08:22:31

A quick good morning from a dry and mild Wiltshire. Official start date for lambing today so ready, steady go!
I came down to the lambing shed at 4.30 am this morning (yawn) to find a pair of twins and 2 mums quite convinced that they were theirs! This often happens when maternal hormones are aplenty and the non-mum sees another ewe lambing and decides that they must be her lambs. This led to a bit of a scuffle getting the correct ewe (Ivy) out of the lambing pen with her lambs whilst keeping Bev ( the non-mum) back. Boy did Bev protest at me taking ‘her’ lambs away! The language she was calling at me would have made a sailor blush! I would expect Bev to lamb in the next 24 hours, by which time I’ll sure she’ll have forgiven me!
I then had a big single lamb from Sarah Carson (named after an Irish descendant who came over from Ireland during the potato famine apparently, according to my father who is tracing the family tree) She’s a Galway sheep, one of 8 that I bought last summer. She’s a first time mum and needed a bit of help lambing it, but she LOVES her new baby - photo attached, I hope.
Got to get back to the woollies now - will read the thread over a cup of coffee later so wishing you all a great day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 23-Feb-21 08:27:45

Good morning Mick and all.

We are on Granny duty today, so homeschooling this morning and hopefully the park this afternoon if the sun stays out.

Will read the thread when the little one has his nap later this morning.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 23-Feb-21 08:29:24

Jaxjacky please tell me you will be cheering the Saints on this evening ? We will and they will need all the help they can get?

gma Tue 23-Feb-21 08:31:08

Lovely start to the day here in Norwich! It’s so quiet! Just the odd dogwalker!! And has been since Christmas due to schools being closed. We will certainly notice the difference from 8 March when they reopen! Road back to “normality” seem to be well planned but it’s really up to each and every one of us to do our bit! We have done so well so far, just can’t believe that’s it’s been almost a year!
We have a funeral to attend today, I’ve not been to a lockdown one before, it will be different I know, and it being zoomed to family in Canada and New Zealand also. I wonder if that facility will be continued after lockdown ends?
Have a good day everyone, enjoy the springlike weather whilst it lasts and take care of yourself!!

baubles Tue 23-Feb-21 08:36:17

Good morning Mick, morning all from wet and windy South Lanarkshire.

It’s a far different day here today stilllearning but one of these days we will be able to have a mini meet-up when you come over to see your DD.

Your curtains look professionally made Scentia, they will hang beautifully.

Beautiful photo of the Galway Girl sheep, I hope your day goes well.

My children used to say that sheep must have sticky feet to be able to walk on the hills and not fall off, the photo I took yesterday reminded me of that.

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes yesterday, we’ve promise ourselves a lovely lunch out next year if we’re spared, as my mother would have said.

Dental hygienist for me later then I’ll do the online shop for tomorrow’s delivery.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Dwmxwg Tue 23-Feb-21 08:43:19

Good morning from a sunny north Surrey, very welcome after yesterday’s miserable weather.
Yesterday was an anxious day with parents and the dog. Mum now on antibiotics for UTI, she looked and felt pretty ropey. Dad has an ongoing itch which is driving him bonkers and not sleeping well. They are 87 and 92, married 66 years and are symbiotic in their relationship, it is sad to see them so miserable.
Freddie our dog had usual walk and then just not right, quiet and listless, got him to vet and was kept in until the evening. Bloods all normal, he is home with eye drops for an ulcer and charcoal to mix with his food. He is better but still not his old self. Hoping he will perk up as the day goes on.
Today will be spent watching him like a hawk and generally mooching/moping around the house.
Wishing all a good day. At least we can all start pencilling in plans for the summer

Stilllearning Tue 23-Feb-21 08:44:02

Morning from S Lanarkshire which has reverted to normal, grey and windy! Never mind, the last two days have been lovely and that gave us a nice break. A friend phoned when I was out walking yesterday and when we finished our chat I realised I had talked all the way uphill for a considerable distance so must be reasonably fit, which cheered me up.
Our local U3A is having a zoom ‘humour’ meeting this morning with a guest speaker, a retired head teacher who is supposed to be very amusing, so I’m looking forward to that and had best start getting my top half ready.
Kind thoughts to everyone x

harrigran Tue 23-Feb-21 08:44:35

Good morning from an overcast and windy NE.
I was supposed to be having my hair cut today, hairdresser rang to see if she should come. I told her no, not allowed as DH is shielding.
Washing day, got an early start as scam callers started early. We have had about three or four calls a day for the last eight days, mostly we have to answer because we get calls about DH's medical appointments.
Thinking of you all.

Jaxjacky Tue 23-Feb-21 08:45:15

Oopsadaisy1 indeed I will, used to have a season ticket! DH is a Leeds supporter, he’s from Belfast, long story. There will be a clear divide in the house this evening COYR.

Alygran Tue 23-Feb-21 08:46:04

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s wild and windy here and just starting to rain.
I have another quiet day but zoom book club to look forward to this evening. Hoping I might get a call from the GP about my vaccinations.
Take care everyone and have a good day.

Anniebach Tue 23-Feb-21 08:51:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Tue 23-Feb-21 09:03:24

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is trying to break through in South Yorkshire but it’s windy and feels very chilly. Domestics for us today, moving furniture to clean skirting boards - lots of fun! DH said yesterday that he might paint the hall stairs and landing. I said I would tie him to a chair if he even tried! He doesn’t have a good record with ladders and I would like him around for a bit longer!
Sheep glad to hear that the starting pistol has been fired in your lambing shed at last! Do they all have names or only the ones that are easily recognisable? Like others I’m in awe of your energy - the only thing I do at 4.30 in the morning is stagger to the bathroom and back into bed!
Have a good day folks.

Grandmabatty Tue 23-Feb-21 09:06:50

Good morning all from a very wet and windy Polmont. This is my second attempt as the mobile site wouldn't let me post earlier so I'm on the desktop one. Thank you for the lovely comments about dgs and his birthday yesterday. He had a lovely day. The weather was perfect for a February day and we spent two hours in the park. He climbed a hill with his uncle,my Ds, who joined us for an hour. Then had such fun in the sand pit and children's part of the park. Two hours in the sunshine did for me and I was in bed by half past eight. Today is back to babysitting duties and the excitement of the fish man. So haddock and chips for tea. Dgs is having a croissant for breakfast and haggis and sausage for lunch. Post birthday treat at grandma's. We'll go out later puddle splashing. Have a good day all.

Luckygirl Tue 23-Feb-21 09:10:52

A little bonanza! I check my bank account every morning online and lo and behold someone has dropped £3.5K into it!!!! Turns out it is meant to be there and is a correction of a pension error - I get to keep it!

Hooray!! smile
Probably have to spend it on the solicitor for my move sad

EkwaNimitee Tue 23-Feb-21 09:17:43

Good morning, Mick and everyone from the wet and wild Cumbrian coast. We've had 3 days of sunny mild weather here when you begin to think spring is finally here. Every year, in spite of decades of weather experience on this coast, I delude myself like this! Well, I shall just ignore it and carry on with a bit of housework and laundry, promising myself a start on my new detective novel later on.
The end of lockdown can't come soon enough. What I hope is that the NHS will be able to resume non Covid work. I have an investigation indefinitely postponed and I'm not the only one I know. Meanwhile, I can only worry about symptoms that may be serious or not. Or, better still, check out that cartoon thread!
The best day possible to you all.

GrannySomerset Tue 23-Feb-21 09:19:54

Great news, Luckygirl - all the more to spend on the new house and garden.

After the excitement of the tree surgeon yesterday today is quieter - wonderful cleaner is here and gardener due soon to sort out the back of the big border and plan for summer. I am pinning my hopes on the summer and seeing the family , but trying not to be too fixed on the idea just in case.

Glad to hear that the maternity unit is working and hope for a good day for us all.

Auntieflo Tue 23-Feb-21 09:51:12

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, on this fine sunny morning.
Last night we put out the stand from an old floor lamp, hoping the bin men would take it. They didn't! In the past they have been good about taking odd things, but not this time. I am now wondering whether I could use it in the garden for 'Something'.
Will pop into town later to post parcel to GGS, and that's about the limit of my excitement for today.
Love the picture of the lamb Sheepandcattle, and hearing about the custody battle in the shed.
Nankate, glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better, and hope the nutritionist will sort out any problems.
What a lovely surprise in your bank account Luckygirl, as you say it will probably get eaten up with moving expenses, but always nice to have a bit extra, just in case.
Marydoll, is your hip any better now? You are certainly having a rough time of it lately. But, you had better hide the ladders if your DH thinks he might investigate the electrical fault. Thank you for always thinking about me.
I would like to potter in the garden, but don't think my back is up to it. But, we do have a neighbour who has a garden business, I must ask her to come, if she can fit us in, to sort the front out.
Thinking of Elizabeth1, Georgesgran, * Lins*, and others who are having a bit of a tough time.
Have a good day one and all.

Gelisajams Tue 23-Feb-21 09:53:16

Good morning from a very windy Morecambe Bay. DH is out facing the elements but I’m still lounging around. I felt weary yesterday with back ache. I think I’m feeling more myself this morning, but my arm has gone sore!
Good to see GNHQ are at work on solving the hiccups. I’m looking forward to having PM’s back.
Will see about organising a bit of camping now we have a provisional go ahead. I suspect campsites will be quite full this year.
Despite the wind, it does feel like spring is in the air. Must get my garden tidied and mulched before the new growth starts in earnest.
Take care, stay safe everyone ?

Grammaretto Tue 23-Feb-21 09:54:08

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is raining hard whatever the forecasters say. When it rains in Glasgow, we are in the west. When it rains in Edinburgh we are in the East.
It was so lovely yesterday and I managed a little pottery, a little gardening and a walk to what was once our community garden. The land had to be returned to the owners and now it is derelict again. It makes me so sad cross

Thanks for the story from the lambing shed Sheepandcattle I admire your energy. I hope you get /got to sit down with a coffee.

Yoga today and hopefully I can begin my next knitting project. Just deciding on a pattern.

Here in Scotland we will have an announcement today about the ending of the lockdown. Our DGD enjoyed her first day back at school and met mum and wee sister in the park for lunch. How I wish I could see them.

Hoping all those who are in pain or struggling with life have some good times.

Gelisajams Tue 23-Feb-21 09:55:08

Thought I’d attached garden photo

Grammaretto Tue 23-Feb-21 09:55:57

Luckygirl! Bank error in your favour!!!! grin

Gelisajams Tue 23-Feb-21 09:56:03

Ooops sorry!

Urmstongran Tue 23-Feb-21 09:58:13

What a lovely windfall Luckygirl - even though it should have been going into your bank monthly anyway as it’s yours, it’s ‘saved it up’ for you!