Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Sun 28-Feb-21 06:11:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight situ at the moment in Brackley but its dry ,and maybe cold out.
Yesterdays Jab had its problems , got out my brothers car and started to eel i was blacking out , I was spotted and then got my jab , I became unwell but recovered .
Think movement seems to upset my system, I got home feet up and relaxed with cycling on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Gelisajams Sun 28-Feb-21 08:36:18

Good morning from Morecambe Bay. It’s frosty with a blue sky. Hopefully it will warm up later.
It’s our wedding anniversary today. Well sort of! Our anniversary is actually the 29th so we only get a proper one every few years. We had an unexpected delivery of afternoon tea in a box delivered yesterday courtesy of DS3 and his wife. We were surprised they even knew. We put it in the fridge and will drive up the road and eat it by the Shore later. Exercises and zoom church first!
Thinking particularly of Georgesgran and her DH, and others who are troubled in so many ways.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Susan56 Sun 28-Feb-21 08:37:30

Good morning from Shropshire.Another frosty start but sun forecast for later.

Am enjoying these sunny days out in the garden and washing on the line.Small things but very cheering?Our younger daughter is feeling down in the dumps which puts a cloud over things a bit.She works hard as a teacher but they are missing seeing extended family and friends as so many are.She is worrying about the effect of it all on DGS?

DH is making a special meal today.It is my birthday on Tuesday but as that is our childcare day and we are up so early we are celebrating today!

Thinking of Georgesgran and her husband?also Auntieflo,the Panache’s and anyone else with worries and struggles?

Have a good day everyone?

Alygran Sun 28-Feb-21 08:41:21

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It was a glorious day yesterday. I had my lunch in the garden and sat outside to read my book for an hour. It’s been frosty overnight and it’s foggy now but the sun is burning it off.
The moon was spectacular as it rose. I went next door to take some photos. Their greenhouse hides the view a bit from my side.
Croissants for breakfast then a bit of ironing to do. Some family FaceTime later.
Thinking of Georgesgran and her DH.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

harrigran Sun 28-Feb-21 08:43:42

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Another brilliant moon last night.
Pleased you got your vaccination Mick, take care of yourself for the next few days and rest.
My sister's SD has refused the vaccine, she is a carer for her MIL who has just left hospital after covid. This woman has a lot of children and does not believe lockdown should have happened. Her philosophy is ' let people catch it and get it over with '.
A day with the newspapers for me.
Thinking of Georgesgran flowers

Grandmabatty Sun 28-Feb-21 08:45:48

Good morning all from Polmont. It's very calm out with grey skies. I had a horrible nights sleep or rather no sleep. The upshot is that this morning I'm feeling headachy and washed out. It's not what some of you go through but it's very annoying. I'm on to second cup of coffee already and then I'll clean the windows. I always clean all the glass in the house at roughly the same time as the window cleaner does the outside. I'm a creature of routine. I plan to do some garden tidying too. Lunch will be poached eggs with mashed avocado on sourdough bread. Dinner will be homemade tiny meatballs in tomato sauce with spaghetti. Have a good day all.

EkwaNimitee Sun 28-Feb-21 08:59:37

Good morning, Mick, I hope you have a better day today. And hello everyone else, it's another lovely day here on the Cumbrian coast. Yesterday, I started tidying up the garden of my let. I overdid it a little so today will be spent catching up on some neglected magazine reading. I subscribe therefore I should read. I also have the technical challenge of trying to download and listen to some music DS1 has composed and sent me via Dropbox. He insists it should be listened to on high quality speakers. I have some connected to the Mac but the files were sent to my phone. We shall see, or rather hear. It's not classical music and he thinks I won't like it but I am curious.
The best possible day to you all.

Anniebach Sun 28-Feb-21 09:02:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Sun 28-Feb-21 09:06:51

Good Morning from a cloudy S Hants, GrandMattie how about dauphinoise potatoes or cauli/broccoli cheese with the roast chicken instead of roast veg?
Up later today, managed a little doze before I stripped the bed, unlike me. Mick glad you got your jab, but get your wobble sorted out please. We’re off to the allotment later, there is an area I won’t tackle any time soon, so it’s going to be covered over rather than letting the weeds carry on and spread their seeds. We might see our friend up there, a real chat in the offing, he’s a bit deaf and doesn’t always wear his hearing aid, social distancing means shouting. I was looking at our weather forecast yesterday and it’s showing sleet in a couple of weeks, winter’s not done yet.
sheep must be doing double shifts, I feel exhausted thinking about it, hope it’s all going to plan.
Thoughts are with those who are struggling and those facing painful days and nights in more than one way x

Greyduster Sun 28-Feb-21 09:11:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire, slowly burning off the heavy frost! Mick I hope you will take the advice on here and tell your your doctor about your little blip. Can’t afford to ignore these things.
I was in the kitchen most of yesterday and DH was glued to the rugby in the afternoon. He was delighted with the result???????. So we are going for a walk today. Chicken curry for dinner.
Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Gelisajams!??
Have a good day folks.

BlueSapphire Sun 28-Feb-21 09:21:08

Hello and good morning from DD's in East Northants, where it is very misty, but can see sunshine through it.

Yesterday went ok - it was a heart ultrasound I had - no results for 10 days or so. Not really expecting them to find anything. (Fingers crossed!) On the way home DD had to stop the car as we could see a plane circling (think it was a Dakota) from the Battle of Britain Flight flyover at Captain Sir Tom's funeral near Bedford. She managed to get a photo of it on her phone.

Watched Six Nations yesterday, sad to say England did not play well, although not helped by the controversial first try awarded to Wales. Ah well, that's the game, you win some, you lose some. Will be watching my team Northampton Saints at lunchtime today, but I forgot my lucky socks!

Started my new cardigan yesterday; it's a tricky pattern, actually knitted all in one from the top down, which is something I've never come across before, so I need to concentrate.

Home after the rugby, then an easy tea tonight, probably egg and chips. I will do a mini roast tomorrow.

Take care and stay safe. flowers for Georgesgran.

Grandmafrench Sun 28-Feb-21 09:22:27

Good Morning everyone from ??, where the glorious weather was interrupted by heavy rain at 6.15am! Good heavens, no! I am only aware of this from our security camera - 06.15 doesn’t feature in my schedule (well not at this time of year) ?

Beech I think you Kneed a Kneeler for those Knees.

Please make sure now that you profit from some R&R, dwmxwg. I’m sure that even Superwoman needs a bit of a lie down, sometimes.

You sound like an anxious person, Mick - problems with mask-wearing, travel, etc., since Covid. Hardly surprising - so many of us have difficulty processing how badly we’ve been affected by it all. Only recently your routine of paracetamol, feet up, tv distraction led to you ignoring symptoms until you suffered what must have been a pretty scary incident - and hospital. It’s quite likely that planning to have The Jab has played on your mind and when you arrived at the Centre, your nerves and anxiety led you to feeling fearful and unwell. That’s quite normal, but only you can honestly say whether your monitoring by the hospital and GP surgery at this point is up to date, or whether an appointment is necessary to check that your meds are working and any tests are up to date. If you are at all anxious or if you feel unwell again, don’t feed that anxiety by thinking or stressing about it - or self medicating - contact your surgery and tell them what’s happening. Only then will you get the reassurance and help you need until you feel confident, fit and back to your old self again.

What a lovely way to pass the day, Grammaretto. Keep very calm with your very own large garden Gnome, Mary. You’re going to make a bad thing worse if you buzz about being Mrs Fixit. More firm training is needed - think unruly Labrador puppy. But I’d definitely padlock ladders and carry key in my knicker pocket! It’s the only way to relax.You too, Corner - these men need to start acting their age, not their shoe size ?

Some lamb for lunch today. Hope the gorgeous live versions are not giving the Senior Midwife @ sheep’s clinic too much stress. I have to say I’d love to be knee deep in little lambs today - with all of their jumping and tail shaking - very cheering!

Love and hugs to the Panaches, Georgesgran and to all coping with illness, sadness or pain. To you all, have the best day - look forward (not back, you’re not going that way) to better days and to our freedom.

????‍♀️???

Nannagarra Sun 28-Feb-21 09:25:18

Good morning from the Sefton coast where the sun has appeared to burn off the hard overnight frost.
It’s good news that you have had the jab, Mick. The wise advice in the above posts should help you.
Yesterday we walked to the beach naively thinking there wouldn’t be too many visitors. There was an organised group of wild swimmers which was lovely to see though I don’t think I’ll be joining them!
Once home I did a bit of gardening at the front of the house while DH watched sport. The distanced chats I had with a couple of neighbours proved such a tonic. One lady, who lives round the corner and like me is a devotee of the comfy bus, told me she is taking part in an AZ trial. Normally we don’t stop to natter (which is probably my favourite activity).
Thinking of those with illnesses and those caring for them plus those with troubles and wobbles. Have the best day you can. ?

amselerin Sun 28-Feb-21 09:31:40

Good morning to all. I hope that you all have a very pleasant Sunday. My concern for Mick and all who are ill or just feeling under the weather. I wish you all well.
I had a busy day yesterday. My gardener did a lot of painting and I am very pleased with the result. Today nothing on the cards. I collected some paint at the hardware store yesterday and quickly went in to buy a little kitchen carpet.
So, now just a bit of tidying up and then I shall relax.
Can`t wait to hear all from sheepandcattle.
Take care and keep welll.

Grandmafrench Sun 28-Feb-21 09:33:30

Happy Happy Anniversary, to the Gelisajams ??♥️
and a very Happy Unbirthday, Susan - or make it a 3-day event? ????

Mapleleaf Sun 28-Feb-21 09:39:54

Good morning everyone,

As greyduster says, it's another glorious morning here in South Yorkshire and the sun is burning away any lingering frost pockets.

I'm glad you managed to have your vaccination yesterday, mick but sorry to hear you had another funny turn before you had the jab. I seem to recall you said you have an upcoming chat with the nurse or doctor? Do mention your dizzy turn - it might just be that your meds need a slight tweak or it might even be that it was due to you feeling a little anxious about the vaccination. Whatever, please mention it, and today have a very easy, stay indoors day.

I hope to fit in another walk today. We went for one yesterday and it was lovely, really very springlike.

A beautiful photo of the moon, Alygran.

Take care all, and to all with troubles or illness, I send you my very best wishes. ?

baubles Sun 28-Feb-21 09:49:53

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where the sun is hiding but may very well manage to break through the cloud later.

Take it easy today Mick, glad you got vaccinated although you weren’t feeling great.

A day at a time is my mantra and what I always tell my children when things are tough Gagagran, it works when I am able to calm my monkey mind.

Sorry to hear that you’re having a flare up Marydoll, hope you get your fairy doors installed, I have them too. I love all things fairy related, I’ve even convinced my GDDs that I believe in fairies.

Grandmabatty hope you sleep well tonight.

Happy anniversary to the Gelisjams

Today will be very similar to yesterday and the day before and the day before that. Pottering in the house, walking with the little pooch and cooking something for dinner.

Yesterday I had to stand aside to allow a group of seven middle aged walkers pass me, the sight of them really jarred with me and it took me a moment to figure out why. What has become of me that seeing a few people out together felt quite shocking. confused

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday, and keeping Georgesgran in my thoughts.

hollysteers Sun 28-Feb-21 09:58:36

Good morning Mick and all from a very sunny northwest coast.
Mick, I’m so sorry you haven’t been well, you need to look after yourself and take it easy.
I had one of my regular sleepless nights. It’s usually when there is something on the next day or it can just be random. So instead of having a bike ride or spending time in the garden, I’m planning another sleep, which is a waste.
I love how my cat comes to bed with me and sleeps by the side of the bed all night, she’s no trouble at all and I’m not sure how she puts up with my foghorn snoring?
Thinking of Georgesgran, the sick and the well.

Grandmabatty Sun 28-Feb-21 10:02:26

Happy anniversary Gelisjams and thank you Baubles.

Scentia Sun 28-Feb-21 10:03:38

They’re out in the run and just adorable. They even took some courgette from my hand.❤️
Take care everyone and stay safe❤️

dustyangel Sun 28-Feb-21 10:03:40

Good morning all. I’m still in bed having been brought a cup of tea by DH before he went for a shower. He will have had to move the washing out first as it ended up there as the sun turned into complete cloud cover again yesterday. The bathroom being the only room we leave with the underfloor heating on overnight. Very handy when it’s chilly but we have to squeeze past to use the loo.
We have to go into Faro tomorrow as we both need to have back X-rays, fortunately DH was able to synchronise our appointments at the X-ray centre. We’ve had a generic message that the vaccine will be available but think it’s not likely to be until about April.

Scentia Sun 28-Feb-21 10:05:31

These will undoubtedly appear in my original post at some time!!

Stilllearning Sun 28-Feb-21 10:18:19

Good morning from S Lanarkshire, grey but dry, so hopefully a walk with my local daughter this afternoon. Yesterday I drove to meet up with one of my friends whom I hadn’t seen since before Christmas because of the bad weather conditions and we had a lovely laughing walk round her small town. We got take away coffees and felt we had had a proper outing!
Beechnut, you have reminded me that I have a portion of SOAP in the freezer so that’s dinner sorted, and Grandmafrench, ‘don’t look back, you’re not going in that direction’, is great advice.
Time to get ready for church and I will be thinking of all those on here who need special prayers.
Good wishes to everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 28-Feb-21 10:23:30

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate - I have put yet another wash on with hope of drying it outside!!
Our dd2 is waiting to find out if she has the dreaded Covid - thought they got the results same day nowadays!
Our little dog was very sick yesterday, she seems better this am, but if she gets worse again it will be an expensive trip to the Vet.
Mick do as Marydoll says!!
Thinking of both Georgesgran and Marydoll - dont do too much!!

Hope today is good for everyone.

hulahoop Sun 28-Feb-21 10:33:13

Happy anniversary gelisajams ☺???
It's a beautiful sunny day here in west York's we were in local park yesterday very busy with not much social distancing so will give it a miss today .Going to tackle inside of car it's very dirty mainly dry mud ??
Hope everyone has a good day .

EllanVannin Sun 28-Feb-21 10:42:13

Good Morning All x.
Aren't we doing well with these bright sunshiny mornings ? Late waking up thinking the light was on.grin This weather warms the cockles and suits me down to the ground.

Poor Mick, you've been out of sorts for a while now which must annoy you as you're one for getting out and about. It sounds like a virus of another sort with all that floats about this time of year. Let's hope the jab puts paid to it, but take it easy for the next week or two and let the jab take its course.

Excelled yesterday by starting a de-clutter in the back kitchen. Why do I feel that I must be surrounded by " things " ? Well it's starting to get on my nerves with kitchen tops cluttered to the extent that I've found myself cleaning around them instead of a jolly good clean swipe all over.

Chicken was cooked yesterday with a leg missing as promised grin down the hatch it went with the cats not getting a smell in. I felt mean but they don't do so badly, never straying far in case they miss something.

Urms I don't see why your trip can't go ahead as my neighbour has been booked for Oz in April and is still going to see her relatives---via Singapore for a short stay first. These flights have continued throughout, following rules of course but it hasn't stopped the more hardy from travelling.

Nobody suffered too badly 3 weeks ago when GS had a positive test, so he's now back at work after initially having a couple of days in bed dosed up. D was off work too but still had to go out shopping otherwise nobody would have been eating. Doesn't make sense when a whole family has to isolate so defeats the whole object of who's supposed to do the shopping when a potential carrier is out and about.

As a poster said, their MiL would have gone out, maskless to " catch it ", the same as my mum was when childhood illnesses were around, we played with those children----though I never did get chickenpox try as she might.grin
I must confess to not wearing a mask locally, never have for this last 12 months, only at M&S and for my jab.

I imagine Sheepandcattle is getting stuck in with jobs while the good weather dictates as there must be certain things that are left until such times that they become important enough. Besides, it's lambing season too so the animals welfare is more important. Hope all is well.

Thoughts with those who aren't up to par in some way,*Dragonfly*, Gilly Georgesgran Auntieflo flowers

Have a peaceful day and take care of yourselves---you too Marydoll no biting off more than you can chew ! xx