Gransnet forums

Chat

The roadmap

(27 Posts)
Erica23 Sun 28-Feb-21 10:18:11

I had a nice surprise this morning when I decided to read the government roadmap for England. I’d had it in mind that we’d be able to meet up with be other household from the 12th of April, turns out if all is well it’s from the 29th if March ! Does everyone know this and I’ve been living in cloud cuckoo land ?

Nannagarra Sun 28-Feb-21 20:32:45

Exactly the same issues are being experienced in several locations on the Sefton coast Kittye. It’s a total PIA. The usual smattering of dog walkers and folk out for a gentle stroll during the day has turned into a surging flood of people on the scale normally seen when a football stadium empties with a consequent rise in numbers.
Like last year, many residents are venturing out at sunrise and sunset to avoid the careless and carefree visiting hordes. Like last year people are camping overnight and groups with carrier bags of booze are amassing under the cover of darkness.
I wish people would observe the mantras to ‘Stay local. Think of others. We’re all in this together’.
No one is immune to the virus.
Everyone can facilitate its transmission and mutation.
We’re all fed up with this situation.
It seems to me that the final stage of Boris’s roadmap has already been reached by so many.