Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Mon 01-Mar-21 06:11:01

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a bit twilight this morning here in Brackley but its dry outside.
Plan to do a small shop later, about mid morning .
Yesterday , watch my cycling on Eurosport which gave GB riders for there respective teams podium places .
Hopefully, if the sport continues to plan for the year , GB riders will take podium spots .
Take Care,
Mick

NanaTuesday Mon 01-Mar-21 17:08:09

Good Afternoon from a dull Cambridgeshire,far too late for a pinch & a punch( can we even still say this ?)
The day started with my DH having his vaccine which equals us both having had our first vaccine now & being very happy about it .
I had mine last Thursday & apart from being tired out & sleeping for the afternoon & some swollen glands on Sunday, I've been fine .
The rest of the day has seen me battling with British Gas who have sent me a truckload of Bills .I was on the phone for well over an hour to the Call Centre which transpired to be in South Africa , all was going ok then I got transferred to somewhere in the Uk & had to repeat all again ( great joy ) while on hold yet again the call cut out ! I gave up - Thats time I won't get back.
Then I popped over to our house to see how the builders are getting on .We were flooded in August & moved out in September . Again deep joy , no builders .Its a never ending surprise wondering if they will or will nit be there !
Next step was a trip to find out when our Shower Screen was arriving, The first one ordered last Wednesday , we were emailed on Thursdayto say had been cancelled & the money was refunded . Prompt more phone calls , new order placed on Friday in Store . Todays Visit we discovered it wasn't on the System to be delivered Quell Surprise , its. a never ending merry go round of fun at the moment .
though I did manage to order an Afternoon Tea to be delivered to my MIL for Mothersday from a catering company close to her .
Hoping every one is having a nice day ,be kind & stay safe x

CherryCezzy Mon 01-Mar-21 13:21:25

Congratulations on the birth of your DGD and first grandchild DanniRae ☺️
Aww, Susan what a wonderful picture, they both look adorable ☺️
Sorry for the misspell earlier Gelisajams blush

Take it easy today Marydoll and don't overdo -- the shopping-- it tomorrow ?

Taichinan Mon 01-Mar-21 13:09:55

Happy Birthday Jax and happy walking Alygran. Glad all is going well sheep. Looking forward to the photos!

DanniRae Mon 01-Mar-21 12:46:08

Thank you to everyone who posted good wishes on the birth of my darling granddaughter smile

Special thanks to LauraNorder for pointing out that there were more lovely posts on "Good Morning Monday"....very kind of you to take the trouble x

Jaxjacky Mon 01-Mar-21 11:47:18

A big thank you for my birthday good wishes. I must extend mine to the corners Happy Anniversary and congratulations to DannieRae on the new addition. It’s 22 years today that MrJ and I got together, watching The Full Monty, who said romance is dead!

Litterpicker Mon 01-Mar-21 11:34:07

Good morning and Happy St David’s Day to all with Welsh connections. Lovely photo of the girls in their national dress Susan56. Also enjoyed the shadow from your daffodils Scentia (I think).

Sunshine here in W Sussex, a bit breezy but ideal for the planned garden tidy-up. The garden is tiny but there is still lots to be done - a path to DH’s newly ‘extended’ shed where he plans to have a pottery wheel, and top soil to be ordered to level up new beds and cover the solid clay.

Don’t know how you find the energy to post Sheep but like everyone here I’m following the lambing avidly.

EllanVannin your enjoyment of your food is delightful! I enjoy baking and am looking forward to sharing my cakes and biscuits with family again. I’ve just frozen some millionaire shortbread before the whole batch is consumed by the two of us grin.

Thoughts to all with illness and worries.

Legs55 Mon 01-Mar-21 11:26:44

Good morning from Devon, sun is breaking through so I'm hoping for a nice afternoon. Off out to do some shopping today in Newton Abbot a I need a Supermarket shop, I'm lucky that we have some lovely shops in my small Town but some things I can't get. Start of a week full of medical appointments, 3 days of having my dressing changed, blood test & Podiatrist.

Tomorrow is my only free day but as I can't do much at home I'm off to see DD & DGSs before DGS1 goes back to School next Monday.

DD got bad news regarding DGS1's Secondary School, he's been placed in a School she doesn't want him to go to instead of the School of choice, very tearful phone call this morning, she will appeal. He should have been tested for Dyslexia but with Covid it hasn't happened. I can only be there as support but she's a determined lady, fingers crossed for a good outcome.

flowers for all Grans with Health & other worries

flowers & Congratulations to all with Birthday's & Anniversariessmile

CherryCezzy Mon 01-Mar-21 10:50:39

Ddyd gwyl Dewi Sant hapus, Happy St David's day to all fellow Welsh goodmorningers ☺️
Good morning, it's quite a bright but cloudy morning here in the Gower.

I didn't post yesterday as I slept the morning away after two horrible seizures and spent the rest of the day in a foggy haze ?. I haven't got very far with reading everyone's doings for today either so will catch up with that later.

I see we have anniversaries and birthdays amongst us today ?. Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs cornergran ??, happy birthday to your DD Bellasnana ? and ? happy birthday to you ? *Jaxjacky ?? ?.
A belated happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs Gelisijam ??and I hope you enjoyed your pre birthday birthday yesterday Susan, early ??? ? for tomorrow.

Not sure what the rest of today will bring, except for a bit of admin' that needs to be taken care of.

Thinking of Georgesgran, Auntieflo and Panache and I hope you are okay Lins. flowers for everyone feeling under the weather, sad or just thoroughly fed up. Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

GrannyGravy13 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:30:28

Many Happy returns Jaxjscky ?

Happy Anniversary the corners ?

Congratulations on the arrival of your GC dannierae

Nannagarra Mon 01-Mar-21 10:22:10

Lovely photo Susan56. I always enjoy your tales of your DGC.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 01-Mar-21 10:22:06

Good Morning all from misty, chilly Harrogate.
Diolch yn Fawr iawn Susan56
Happy anniversary Cornergran and Happy Birthday JackJaxy
I managed to have a rummage in Aldi on Friday, first time there in about 6 months, I love a good rummage - I'd love to come with you to Home Bargains Marydoll, our nearest is in Ripon, it might as well be Glasgow for all the use it is just now!!
Our little dog wouldn't go for any walks yesterday, but got quite excited about the prospect today, she must be getting better.
Should have a chat with my school friend shortly and my sister later on, a good day for chatting!!
Couldn't get my vacuum cleaners to work over the weekend. Gave the Roomba 'my all' and got it working, the same for my Dyson. Got 2 working vacuum cleaners now!!

Have the best day possible, folks. tomorrow is another day!!

Callistemon Mon 01-Mar-21 10:21:13

Good morning Michael and everyone.

Wishing Welsh grans and those with Welsh connections a happy St David's Day ???????
daffodildaffodildaffodil

I hope everyone has the best day possible

EllanVannin Mon 01-Mar-21 10:16:40

Happy Birthday to you Jaxjacky and many of them flowersxx

Mapleleaf Mon 01-Mar-21 10:15:48

Good morning all,

What a contrast to yesterday's weather. It's very grey and dismal in South Yorkshire today and looks set like this for the whole day. The mist has lifted a little though.

The grass got its first trim of the season yesterday, and looks better for it, as it had grown quite long. More daffodils and crocus are popping through and the shrubs are beginning to show tight leaf buds, so things are gradually warming up.

I hope you all have a decent day and ?to all who are feeling sad, lonely, ill or worried. Take care everyone.

EllanVannin Mon 01-Mar-21 10:14:24

Susan what a beautiful photo x Lovely children.

Nannagarra Mon 01-Mar-21 10:14:10

Good morning from the Sefton coast where the sun is shining brightly, the tits are singing and snowdrops fill the woodlands.
As we are still having frosts I’ve decided to delay the energetic garden tidying which kept me out of mischief at the weekend. Instead I’m planning to go for a walk in the hope there will be fewer visitors today. I shall be on the lookout for lapwings as another sign of spring.
Oooh, Marydoll Home Bargains! That’s such a trove of irresistible non-essential goodies for me.
Sending happy birthday wishes to many people here and congratulations to corners. Thinking of Georgesgran and Auntieflo. ?

Gelisajams Mon 01-Mar-21 10:05:34

Good morning from a bright frosty Morecambe Bay. Thank you for you anniversary wishes yesterday and may I extend mine to the Corners and wish Jaxjackie a very happy birthday. Also congratulations to Danirae.
While I was eating my breakfast one of my crowns has come off. Again! It’s only about a month since it was put back on. That means a trip to Manchester tomorrow. I’ve had the same family looking after my teeth all my life and have stayed with them regardless of where we live.
There’s a tap tapping across the road as the house opposite is having bricks removed from the side of there window. However this was done on Friday and all put back. In fact it’s about the fifth time it’s been done. I do wonder what the problem is and I feel for the lady who I don’t really know, but it’s obviously one of those problems which isn’t readily sorted.
Scentia I have guinea pig envy. We had lots of guinea pigs when the children were little. They are such responsive pets despite their size. Unfortunately I’m allergic to all animals with fur so we have no pets now.
The frost looks as though it’s pretty much melted so I must think about heading into the garden and finishing the weeding. Then it’s off to the garden centre to get some soil conditioner and mulch. One bed can have the contents of the compost bin tipped on it as well.
Special thoughts to Georgesgran at this very difficult time,
and all with pain and problems. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Beechnut Mon 01-Mar-21 10:03:57

Happy anniversary Corners ???

Happy Birthday JaxJacky ??

EllanVannin Mon 01-Mar-21 09:54:02

Good Morning All x White Rabbits.
Another fine morning to lift the spirits. Musn't get too used to it as it can change in a jiffy.

Some serious tidying up to do, though should finish cleaning the back kitchen first and clearing the worktops. Why don't I like empty spaces ? grin I'm a fiend. If I see a space it has to be filled with something as I feel as though something is missing. It's a " disease " I've always had ! Anyone else this odd ? Answers on a postage stamp---I thought so, only me !

I might have a visitation from D today, it's 4 weeks since I last saw her, but they had isolation to put up with and I did tell her to keep her distance so it should be safe now.

Foxy was around last night and must have, again, scared the old Tom from his kennel as he's not appeared for his breakfast as yet. I've got a bit of chicken for him, from the wings which I picked off this morning while slicing meat from the breast for my sandwiches and side salad later.

Crumpets eaten as my tum was rumbling so that'll do me until 11'zz when I'll have coffee and a chunk of chocolate cake that a neighbour gave me yesterday. It looks like a piece of celebration cake with choc. orange pieces on top.

Love the pic of the daffodils, a real reminder of Spring and new life. I always perk up at this time of year.
I knew Sheepandcattle would be busy in the nursery getting the lambs prepared for outdoor living, such an involved job but I imagine, the best part of the year.

Birthdays and Anniversaries cropping up so a happy day to All concerned as by the time I've gone through the posts I forget who's celebrating, but best wishes to you flowers x

Thoughts to Georgesgran x Auntieflo x and those who need a bit of a lift.

Take care everyone and remain safe. Enjoy the new day/ month. xx

hulahoop Mon 01-Mar-21 09:51:03

Good morning from West York's it's very misty hopefully will lift .
Congratulations to dannirae on the safe arrival of your grandchild ?
Happy birthday jaxjacky ??
Hope everyone has a good day

Megs36 Mon 01-Mar-21 09:43:47

Morning all, March already, and what a year,like many others we’ve still not seen some of our family for months and because my husband is still shielded , which really started with scary stay in hospital for a week last year, till the end of this month those that live relatively near won’t visit, last year we sat a couple of times (socially distanced!) in our tiny garden but a bit cold at present. However hopefully one of last year’s postponed weddings will take place in July ??.
Still too scared to visit shops ,even for essential shopping by myself while Mr M stays in the car so maybe online ordering may continue for a long while yet.
End of my moans, best wishes to all ?

Susan56 Mon 01-Mar-21 09:34:29

Meant to add this photo to my post.Normally the children would all dress up for school.

Nannytopsy Mon 01-Mar-21 09:30:46

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Grey and calm in Suffolk today, as per the forecast. Exciting day today - first a click and collect and then a visit to my favourite nursery which opens for the summer today. I have quite a list of new plants I need!
Yesterday we removed six cornus from a narrow bed , which gave us a bit of a work out.
Congratulations DanniRae, Jax & the Corners. I hope the day is kind to everyone

B9exchange Mon 01-Mar-21 09:30:21

Greetings from a dull, overcast Hertfordshire, such a contrast from the past few days.
Enjoy your anniversary Corners, hope you have a really special meal planned
Congratulations on the new baby Danirae
Happy Birthday to you Jaxjacky
Thinking of Georgesgran, may this day give you the strength to get through it.

Not much going on today, the washing and ironing of course, and continuing knitting the edging of a pram blanket for expected new grandchild due in mid April. Parents have decided they don't want to know the sex before it arrives, so this one is in pale green!

Take care everyone.

GrannySomerset Mon 01-Mar-21 09:29:03

Lots of birthdays and celebrations this morning, and DS is another - due on St Patrick’s Day, he preferred St David instead, having commandeered my birthday and then deciding to wait another twelve hours. As I posted elsewhere, I was saddened yesterday that DH can no longer write his name on my birthday card, but the day was saved by an inspired gift from DGD2, who arranged delivery of six iced doughnuts with Happy Birthday on them. We shared them with our lovely neighbours and at 4.00 pm had a cup of tea and a doughnut together but in three separate houses.

Delighted by the news from the maternity ward, envy Marydoll her empty (and second the suggestion of Sarah Raven whose plants are expensive but excellent), and am thinking of Georgesgran. At least it’s officially meteorological spring!