Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Tue 02-Mar-21 06:12:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley , but looks dry outside ,and no doubt cold this morning.
Did a shop yesterday , and was OK both ways walking , have got two 5kg dumbells tempted to see if a few minutes swinging them about will help .
I also got some dispersible aspirin at 300mg, which is stronger than the prescribed one of 75mg.
Today , may take a walk to pick anew prescription, but will watch cycling live on TV this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Tue 02-Mar-21 14:45:34

Happy anniversary grandmafrench I hope you and your DH have a lovely day of celebrations ??

EllanVannin Tue 02-Mar-21 14:42:30

Enjoy your day Grandmafrench, both of you xx

EllanVannin Tue 02-Mar-21 14:41:21

Oh, go on, why not Marydoll ? Let's see your purchases laid out as in a market stall grin That would be fun !
Now take care of your weary bones after that sudden splurge.

brook2704 Tue 02-Mar-21 14:33:42

Hope Mr and Mrs Grandmafrench are enjoying their very special day! ????

Beechnut Tue 02-Mar-21 13:47:08

Happy Anniversary Mr&Mrs Grandmafench ??

grandMattie Tue 02-Mar-21 13:42:42

Hear, hear, Marydoll. Look forward to your purchases being an HB virgin. Our closest is about 40 minutes away.
So relieved, NanaKate, that it is “only” diverticulitis and that you are recovering - so very debilitating.
Mr.andMrsGrandmafrench, felicitations. Have a lovely day! X

dustyangel Tue 02-Mar-21 12:36:35

Glad you’re home safely Marydoll put your feet up now and enjoy your purchases.

dustyangel Tue 02-Mar-21 12:34:38

Good morning all and Congratulations to Elizabeth1,Cornergran andGrandmafrench and Happy Birthday to Susan and the two birthday ladies I missed yesterday. ? What a popular month March is for celebrations. Both ours and DDs are later this month too!
We actually enjoyed our outing yesterday despite it feeling very sad driving through first of all our nearest large town then the city in lockdown conditions. So bleak and lonely looking. Very, very few people around and those who were obviously suited and gowned and of course masked going about their business.

Marydoll Tue 02-Mar-21 12:32:27

I'm back safely. It was stressful, but I did it!
Despite only having done 3500 miles, my poor car is in the hospital. Its all down to not having been driven, as I was shielding. I'm going to lie in a darkened room, at the thought of the exorbitant bill. As well as taking in laundry to pay for my tooth, I will now need to take in ironing to pay for the car and what I bought in Home Bargains!

However, it has taken the stuffing out of me, I'm exhausted, but do I feel liberated. I will be back tomorrow, once I recover. I should make a You Tube video of my bargains to show you all. ?

Susan56 Tue 02-Mar-21 12:17:08

Mick,did the pharmacist question you about the aspirin.As a pharmacy technician in my pre retirement life I would be concerned if you hadn’t been questioned about your health and any other medication you are on.I’m hoping you got the aspirin on prescription,if so sorry for nagging!

ann678tifney Tue 02-Mar-21 11:58:09

Morning everyone from a dry but very cold NE. Have just been to Civic centre to order my Pensions Bus Pass!!! came of age on Friday, now have to wait for it coming through post. Not that I will be using much, as DH can't travel on buses, but it there if I ever need it. We finally got moved on Friday, but things didn't go smooth, and we eventually got to sit down with a takeaway and a bottle of prosecco at 6.30 both went down very well. Still loads of boxes to unpack, but will get there. My youngest DD's husband has just tested positive for Covid, so that means she can't come and look after her dad, so had to go part time at work, to look after him. Luckily the last time we saw him was moving on Friday and he didn't get any syptoms on Sunday. Hope everyone keeps well and safe.

Susan56 Tue 02-Mar-21 11:51:55

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Grandmafrench??

CherryCezzy Tue 02-Mar-21 11:32:18

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower.

Slept for Wales again ?. I don't actually recommend to anyone the medication that I have to take for three nights after having seizures but ... if you're an insomniac they'd work!

Finally, today's the day when our new kitchen plan is being "signed off". It was meant to happen Friday but couldn't and didn't. We've had confirmation and it's happening today ?. It'll be three weeks of mayhem to enjoy when they start ?. Fortunately we can shut that section of our home off completely so no problem with distancing.

?Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you Susan ? ????. How lovely of your family to decorate their home for your birthday, when all you expected today was to be childminding and not celebrating ?. Enjoy your afternoon tea and cake.

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Grandmafrench ?? ?. Enjoy the meal you haven't cooked yourself tonight ?

? for everyone this morning ❤️

GrannySomerset Tue 02-Mar-21 11:21:00

Happy anniversary Grandmafrench and enjoy a meal you haven’t cooked. Just realised that in the past year I have only had one meal I didn’t buy, cook and wash up. When release comes that is something I must remedy.

Grey and quite chilly today. Am trying to summon up the willpower to go and do some tidying in the garden but as yet am reluctant. Wonderful cleaner is busy so am keeping out of the way for the moment. Hope we all have a day free from excitements like puddles on the floor!

Stilllearning Tue 02-Mar-21 11:10:46

Happy Anniversary Grandmafrench!

EllanVannin Tue 02-Mar-21 11:05:53

Good Morning All x Happy Birthday Susan flowers x

No sun this morning sad just grey and breezy and that wind's bloomin' cold too ! Apparently it's supposed to brighten up later so not all is lost.

More sad thoughts here as it's 12 months today that the GGC's dad died, bless him, he was so sick. He was 33. Things have never been the same since within the family, sadly.

Mick I wouldn't be increasing the Aspirin without medical advice if I were you as they can cause bleeding internally. I understand that you must feel anxious in anticipation of another attack but it's not wise to treat yourself. Exercising too should be gentle at first, GP's advice for that.

When tidying up yesterday I came across a carrier bag in the cupboard----full of forgotten items of make-up etc. I do remember putting everything in the bag, but over the years, forgot about it so I had to bin it yesterday. Some good stuff too---my own fault, never mind, it's not wise to use old makeup.

I'll have another hunt today as I had a charity bag put through the door yesterday for collection tomorrow. I know there are clothes that can go so that'll be my job for today.

Cat food will have to be replenished so a visit to the corner shop is in order this morning .
No food needed for myself today as I'll be bunging a couple of potatoes in the oven later for the baking of, with grated cheese, then a banana custard to use up the bananas so that's me sorted for the day---bless my belly !

Birthday and Anniversary wishes to those celebrating xx .

I'd forgotten to bring in a pair of tights off the whirlygig yesterday and they're now wrapped around the lines. Hope they're not peppered in holes, oh 'eck. Silly me.

Thoughts to those who aren't feeling so hot, or are struggling in some way.. Georgesgran in my thoughts x

Hope the day goes well for you all.Stay safe and keep out of mischief, particularly Marydoll grin xx

LauraNorder Tue 02-Mar-21 10:57:20

Good morning all from sunny Anglesey, slightly hazy blue sky, usually a sign of a good day.
?happy birthday Susan, woohoo.
51 years Elizabeth that’s good going ?.
Happy anniversary Grandmafrench, a. glass of wine, good food and sunshine. Can’t be bad ?.
Remembering grandMattie talking about a gift that delighted Iris, I wish you all a random flamingo ? to lighten heavy hearts.
My thoughts are with you Georgesgran flowers.

muse Tue 02-Mar-21 10:53:23

Sun has just broken through in Cornwall. More gardening and cutting the grass. Can't use a posh word like lawn. MrM serviced the mower yesterday so it's ready to go.

Praise for BT this morning. Our landline is down and their text message system work really well for us. Had to explain to him that we're 500m away from nearest neighbour and their phone is OK and we are last in the line. Just hope Openreach are just as efficient. They usually are. We'd get rid of the phone but we have a couple of friends + one work colleague that have to use our landline. Their mobile signals are non existent.

Birthday and anniversary greetings to all with them yesterday or today. There are quite a few.

I'm very fortunate to be busy during the day and fairly fit to be able to do it but I do get envy pangs when I read of so many on GN getting visits, calls, zooms etc or have family really close by. I text my daughter a lot to keep her going and to say we will catch up lots when we can. She works such long hours so I leave it to her to ring. Roll on the day when we can visit both our families and they us.

Grandmabatty Tue 02-Mar-21 10:30:24

Happy anniversary Grandmafrench and your husband. Have a lovely day x

Greyduster Tue 02-Mar-21 10:27:35

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH Grandmafrench!???

Stilllearning Tue 02-Mar-21 10:15:48

Morning from S Lanarkshire where it is very overcast but we are promised sunshine this afternoon so hopefully a walk and a couple of doorstep visits to a some ladies I used to bring books to when I did voluntary work for the local library, delivering books to housebound people. I really enjoyed doing it and felt really lucky to get know some amazing people who had lived such interesting lives. Coincidentally several of them were excellent bakers so a very rewarding post retirement occupation for me!
A bit of an anxious day yesterday, my daughter who works for the Border Force had to have a Covid test yesterday, but thankfully it was negative.. I think she is just run down after the winter.
Good to hear your reassuring news NanKate and ?to Urmston and all who need them today

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 02-Mar-21 10:12:55

Good Morning all from chilly, drizzly Harrogate. My job today - I have been ordered by DH to mend his battery charger!! He doesn't know how to use my welding set. He doesn't know how to use anything indoors, cooker, iron, mixer etc. i.e. he doesn't want to find out either!!
Apart from that, making meals and talking to my younger sister, I have nothing planned for today.

I agree with the others Mick you are playing a dangerous game taking a higher does of Aspirin and attempting any form of exercise just yet.
Marydoll have a great day, getting out and about, it's so liberating!!

Take care and have the best day you can.

Nannagarra Tue 02-Mar-21 10:12:51

Happy wedding anniversary Grandmafrench ??

Grandmafrench Tue 02-Mar-21 10:07:04

Good Morning everyone....overcast but warm sunshine en route for later.

Happy Birthday, Susan and how loved are you! ??
Make it a day of shared memories, Urms - happy ones amongst your tears.
Our wedding anniversary today - another year of happiness shared with my darling. And - when I’m not Cursing Covid - I do feel blessed and am very thankful.

A flan and salad for lunch, I think. Maybe a restaurant take-out this evening. Oh, such excitement, a meal we haven’t cooked! At least, eating at home, we can both have a drink!

Shall get my skates on, dust to shift, bathroom to clean.
Take care all. Hugs and strength to all who need that.
Stay safe, hang in there, please. Times are changing ??

Mapleleaf Tue 02-Mar-21 09:55:29

Morning all,

Another grey, dismal and cold day. I hope we soon get the sunshine back as this dismal weather is depressing, isn't it?

Mick do be careful. Unless you have been advised to, upping your medication dose without medical advise is downright dangerous and foolish. I'm hoping it's been prescribed, though have to say, I think the pharmacist would be questioning you about it if not. Aspirin is potentially dangerous if mis-used. Also, beginning strenuous exercise without medical advice is not a good idea, either, for you at the moment. You need to proceed with caution.

Take care all.