Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Mar-21 06:10:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight this morning in Brackley , a little bit of brightness in the sky , but dry and cold outside .
Today, my usual shop , then do my own Fish & Chips , plus await a call from provider as to fixing email .
This weekend sees the start of more cycling on TV , of which I am looking forward to watch .
As it breaks watching continuous repeats on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

NannyJan53 Fri 05-Mar-21 08:20:25

Good morning from a grey and cloudy Black Country.

I made a lovely Banana, Pecan nut and Maple Syrup Loaf yesterday. I cut into 1/3rds and freeze 2 portions.

No real plans (yet again) for today. May finish my book, then onto the next one. Probably a walk to the Park at some point.

I am sure all will go well today Gagagran and your DH will be on the phone before you know it.

Special thoughts of merlotgran and Georgesgran flowers

Gingster Fri 05-Mar-21 08:21:07

Good morning all from Essex and it’s looking brighter but chillier.

My eldest GD and I are going for a walk today, as I haven’t seen her for so long. She might go back to Uni at the weekend as she’s fed up of being in her bedroom at home. She needs to be with friends and experience some of student life, be it very limited at the moment.

Georgesgran And Merlotgran my heartfelt sympathies to you both. ??

Gagagran I’m sure all will be well with your DH. Try not to dwell and worry too much . Make a few phone calls to family/friends to take your mind of it for a while. ?

Quite a few of you seem to be going shopping today. I think we’re all fed up with deliveries and want to go for ourselves. My DS1 always shops for us but I long to have a wander and pick up things I never think of when making my list ?.

Bellasnanna I’m glad you got your two cappuccino s yesterday. I’m also surprised your infections have gone up. Hopefully places won’t be closed for too long.

Wishing you all a carefree day and keep warm and cosy. ??

Susan56 Fri 05-Mar-21 08:21:16

Good morning from Shropshire.

Thinking of Georgesgran and merlotgran and sending much love?

Another day of childcare today.DGD back in school so just H then school pick up later.DGD was so excited when I collected her from school yesterday.She is loving being back with her friends but says she misses us.Her favourite part of the day was her school dinner, a giant Yorkshire puddings with a roast dinner in it followed by Rice Krispie cake but made with cornflakes grandma?

We had a call from the company our aborted trip to Holland was booked with yesterday.We asked for a refund which after trying every way possible to persuade us to book another trip they agreed we were entitled to.We had paid for this holiday 18 months ago and no longer have the card we used.She insists that they will try and refund to the card and when it fails they will send us a cheque?We have another holiday booked with them but have only paid the deposit so will probably cancel as their customer service was terrible and who knows what will be happening later in the year.

Thinking of all our missing goodmorningers,dragonfly, Lins and so many others.Cherry, hope you are ok and had a restful night?

Have a good day all.Can hear the fifteen month old whirlwind approaching?

Grammaretto Fri 05-Mar-21 08:21:25

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It seems warmer than yesterday though still barely above freezing. We had sleet and snow briefly yesterday.
I dreamed of holidays but when I went on my favourite site, cottages in UK were booked up until the middle of next year.

Thinking of all of you recently bereaved and those poorly or anxious. There will be better times ahead.

Susan56 Fri 05-Mar-21 08:24:03

Gagagran,will be thinking of you and your DH today?

Nannagarra Fri 05-Mar-21 08:26:55

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is cool and overcast.
Today I’ll attempt to reproduce MiL’s liver and bacon. She was also the queen of roast pork and of cheese pie.
I hope all goes well for Mrgagagran today and that Oop’s DD is on the road to a speedy recovery. It would be so good to hear from Travels.
Georgesgran and Merlotgran are uppermost in my mind.
Have the best day you can everyone. ?

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 08:32:52

We had liver & bacon casserole last night Nannagarra! Not made it for years. I couldn’t get over the fact that British lamb’s liver, enough for two of us, was only 98p from Sainsbury’s!
?
Sorry everyone I’m monopolising the thread. I’ll shut up now.

grannysyb Fri 05-Mar-21 08:33:42

Good morning, bright blue sky here, but it looks chilly. Need to walk to the butcher this morning, and take some library books back. Thinking of Georgesgran and Merlot, and hope all goes well for Mrgaga.

Nannytopsy Fri 05-Mar-21 08:35:59

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Don’t you just love it when cats do that BlueSapphire?! we have a long haired ginger who is a master at fur balls.
A quick outing to the fish van is my plan for today. Much love to Merlot and Georgesgran.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Alygran Fri 05-Mar-21 08:36:10

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is much brighter today.
Another shopper here. I’ve shopped pretty much every Friday in lockdown.
Charity admin and funding bid ‘stuff’ this afternoon.
My thoughts are with Merlot and Georgesgran?.
Hope all goes well with the op gaga and you don’t have too long to wait for the phone call.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

ginny Fri 05-Mar-21 08:46:21

Good Morning all. Another ‘ditto day weather wise and otherwise.
Hope to be able to have a coffee and chat with friends and family next week. Maybe one each day, I won’t have spokenso much for months!
Gagagran hope DHs op goes well.
Thinking of all who are troubled but hope you can find a ?somewhere today.

Greyduster Fri 05-Mar-21 08:47:24

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a brightening South Yorkshire. It feels colder, though. Nothing planned for today. We may go our for a walk. Much of yesterday was taken up with phone calls with family and old friends. No-one calls you for ages and then they all want to talk to you at once!? A FaceTime with DS showed his hair getting longer and longer - he refuses to let DiL cut it. I’ve never seen him looking so scruffy! If it weren’t a two hour drive I would rush over there myself with a pair of scissors!
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling today?. Stay safe folks.

Nannagarra Fri 05-Mar-21 08:47:37

Re liver and bacon Urms: do you have a fail-safe recipe you’d like to share following on from the enormously popular SOAP?

hollysteers Fri 05-Mar-21 08:56:18

Good morning Mick, one and all from a cloudy northwest coast, but brightening up.
First of all, condolences to Merlot, such a hard time, endured by myself and many on here, who know the journey.
Windows opened and a nice breeze coming through the house.
Another shock, an M and S pinafore dress, not worn since last year and so useful over a polo neck sweater, too tight and now in my jumble bag. A symptom of a lethargic winter.
Off soon to post a book and old fashioned 4 page letter to my sister in law in her care home in the south of England. The smallish quiet supermarket has a post office inside and suits me as never busy. Today could prove me wrong...
Have a nice day, the sick and the well.

gillgran Fri 05-Mar-21 08:58:20

Good Morning from an overcast & chilly Cambs.,

Hopefully our plumber is coming to repair our heating boiler.
We have a leak.! The boiler is in the airing cupboard, didn't notice it dripping until we noticed a damp smell.! Why did I store so much "stuff" in that cupboard.?

I made the SOAP recipe for dinner last night, it was lovely, (thank you Urmstongran. )

Warm wishes to all, especially those with extra trials & worries.

Thinking of Merlotgran & Georgesgran, flowers

Anniebach Fri 05-Mar-21 08:58:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 09:00:37

I’d like to send you a ? gillgran but I’ve been on here enough times this morning ....

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 09:03:16

I do Nannagarra. I’ll post it in a minute. It’s years old but idiot proof (me, not you).

I’m in and out of this thread like a fiddler’s elbow this morning. Good job I’m so interesting.

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Mar-21 09:03:39

Good morning all. 0° in Polmont and yet again, grey skies. It feels very cold too. Like many of you, I'm particularly thinking of georgesgran and Merlotgran and their sadness just now. Gagagran? for you. I'm sure the op will go well. Marydoll you need some flowers too ?. You're having such a difficult time with your health. It's good that you have a caring and helpful family.
Yesterday disappeared in a flash. I had an unexpected phone call from a friend which was very nice. Then dd gave good news about his job and his love life which was even better. All that is needed is for sil to regain his health after a couple of months of I'll health and to get a job. He was paid off in December because of covid and a downturn in his work. He and dd have put a brave face on, but it is worrying, both the job and health situation. Anyway, today we are having a family zoom escape room game, organised by ds to celebrate my dd's big birthday on Monday past. That will be different and hopefully fun. Until then, I shall potter. Have a good day all.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 09:05:35

Here you go.

GrannySomerset Fri 05-Mar-21 09:06:07

Bright sky this morning with the possibility of some sunshine so a better start to the day. Lots of sadness and anxiety on the thread this morning so thank goodness for GC and their enthusiasm for life - could really fancy Susan’s GD’s school lunch!

Tesco calls and am hoping to go on my own. Now DH has had a letter telling him he is vulnerable I have right on my side, but he is so bored by life I think he will want to come for the ride even if it means staying in the car. I have run out of things to suggest that we might do since he can’t walk far and he does need life beyond our house and garden.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 09:07:38

The text looked a bit small so I’ve just enlarged it.
Might be easier to read.

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 09:09:05

Good morning from Anglesey. Blue sky, grey sky, can’t make its mind up but it’s dry.
My thoughts are with Georgesgran, Merlotgran and of course Travelsafar, so very sad for you all.

muse Fri 05-Mar-21 09:39:15

Beautiful blue Cornish sky this morning. Very chilly on the very quick walk with Mya an hour ago.
Special thoughts for merlotgran travelsafar and Georgesgran flowers
Legs feel less like lead weights this morning and no sign of dizziness. Horrible day yesterday. MrM says I should have a blood pressure test. I do suffer occasionally with low and passed out once.
Not too much rushing around today planned for day as I need to get on the phone. Booking car in and something else but for the life of me, I can't think what it is at the moment.

Hope all goes well with dentists, doctors, hospitals, vets, garages, home jobs and garden tasks today.

Sainsbugs delivery just arriving. Mya's heard them!. All in stock except a nail file!

grandMattie Fri 05-Mar-21 09:40:02

Urms, can’t bear liver. As children, we’d have to have it minced, raw, with hot liquid/food to keep all the iron it. I used to gag but was made to eat it. Was too frightened of my father and his stick., such a shame