Gransnet forums

Chat

Where do you keep your shoes?

(102 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Fri 05-Mar-21 09:30:51

We used to keep ours on a shoe rack by the front door. However, they invariably ended up just scattered around the floor near the rack and not actually on it! This resulted in the hallway looking really untidy. We have now decorated and the rack and shoes have gone, making the hallway look much bigger. The problem now is where to store said shoes, boots, wellies etc. DH has about 15 pairs of trainers which makes this problem worse! Our house is average size, but we don't have lots of storage space.

BigBertha1 Fri 05-Mar-21 09:47:47

Ours are in our wardrobes as are our coats - can't stand seeing all that hanging about but I am a neat freak so ignore me.

BlueBelle Fri 05-Mar-21 09:49:55

On my feet?? ..... sorry I have a shoe rack in a corner alcove in my bedroom

Alexa Fri 05-Mar-21 09:51:38

In a log basket under the bed, and in another basket with lid under the bureau in the hall.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 05-Mar-21 09:53:26

Shoe rack by front door, wellies and crocs by back door, close to garden and bins. Winter boots in spare bedroom, shoes in shoe boxes in bottom of spare room wardrobes. Trainers in sports bag.
Spare pair of walking type shoes in car, just in case.

Calendargirl Fri 05-Mar-21 09:56:31

Our everyday shoes are kept on a shoe rack in the porch. The rest are on the bottom shelf of the wardrobe, in their boxes. Wellies and walking boots in the garage.

I do wonder if anyone really needs 15 pairs of trainers though? Sounds a lot.

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Mar-21 09:58:09

Shoes are in the wardrobe in my bedroom. They are all neatly arranged in a box like organiser. Wellies are in the hall cupboard next to the snow shovel and waterproof jackets and I have a pair of shoes at the back door.

ginny Fri 05-Mar-21 09:59:09

On a rack in the garage which is accessible from our hallway.

muse Fri 05-Mar-21 10:01:24

Decent shoes - in boxes . Current ones upstairs - summer ones in drawers in new house.

Everyday (which tend to get very mucky at the moment) are on a my homemade rack by the door. These consist of wellies, welly boots, walking boots and one pair of shopping boots and old trainers I use for nipping out to the log store and bathroom. MrM's various boots are there are well. His main ones are his Rigger Boots. His sandals lurk in the corner (he uses them as slippers).

eazybee Fri 05-Mar-21 10:03:13

In open boxes in pullout shelves at the bottom of the wardrobe.
Wellies go in the garage and walking boots in a boot bag in the downstairs loo. Would love to have a boot room!

Ellianne Fri 05-Mar-21 10:03:52

Like others it depends on their usage. Dog walking boots in an old toy chest in the garage, day shoes in hall cupboard, summer sandals currently in loft, posh shoes in protective bags. Slippers all over the house.

Esspee Fri 05-Mar-21 10:07:24

Shoe rack in the porch and shoe rack behind the back door.
Sandals and dress shoes in my wardrobe. Wellies in the garage as rarely used.

kittylester Fri 05-Mar-21 10:07:41

We have a basket under the coat rack in the hall for every day shoes and good shoes on a rack in the wardrobe. Plus current favourites tucked by the bottom of the stair in the dining room. Walking shoes and garden shoes in a very dark cupboard in the utility room.

Roses Fri 05-Mar-21 10:11:41

Just this week got a shoe cupboard for dog walking Spring/summer shoes which is in the porch

Best ones in baskets in wardrobe

Wellies and garden clogs in utility room

Jaxjacky Fri 05-Mar-21 10:11:54

I only have one pair of trainers on the go, so shoe rack by front door, MrJ has one pair of work shoes and one other pair under his table in the l. room, my wellies live in the car boot for the allotment, his are in the shed. Other shoes/boots/flip flops live under the stairs, we don’t have that many really.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 05-Mar-21 10:14:49

Ours are kept in a shoe cupboard in the hall just inside door in a alcove with doors on, so not seem , but as I seem to have collected some more ankle boots they are upstairs in bottom of my wardrobe

Lexisgranny Fri 05-Mar-21 10:15:11

In transparent shoe boxes in the bottom of a corner fitted wardrobe. Garden clogs in a rack near the back door

tanith Fri 05-Mar-21 10:36:30

I have a large F&M wicker hamper (very handy pressie) in the hall with either Winter or Summer shoes in depending on season the rest of the year they live in the wardrobe. At present there are wellies, Ugg’s, good trainers, mucky trainers and walking boots in there oh and snow/ice wire things to put over my boots.

M0nica Fri 05-Mar-21 11:16:59

Winter shoes are currently in the little cubbyhole under the stairs with the coats.

Summer shoes are in the drawer below the wardrobe.

Wellies are with my gardening clothes in the cloakroom as it doubles as a utlility room

mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 05-Mar-21 11:19:56

We have a shoe cupboard in the hall which opens with 2 shelves on and doesn't half tidy the hall up. Plus stops the wiffs! My neighbour was so impressed when we did some new decorating and changed the colour scheme she had the old one and loves it.

Tabbycat Fri 05-Mar-21 11:29:54

I keep my shoes on a shoe rack which fits in the bottom of our wardrobe. My summer sandals are in the bottom of the wardrobe in the spare room. Wellies and 'gardening shoes' are in the cupboard under the stairs in the kitchen.
I agree with Calendargirl who needs that many trainers? I have one pair!

Luckylegs Fri 05-Mar-21 11:33:01

On the bottom of 5 different wardrobes and the other season in the loft in baskets! Too many shoes, I hear you say?!?!

glammanana Fri 05-Mar-21 11:37:34

After having a massive clearout of shoes and handbags my shoes are all neatly stored in the bottom of a wardrobe underneath my coats/summer sandals and flip flops put in my holiday suitcase in the loft.
Garden croc's outside the back door with wellies hanging in the shed.

TwiceAsNice Fri 05-Mar-21 11:46:26

Out of season footwear in baskets on shelf in wardrobe. Shoes in use in canvas box under small table in hall. Boots and trainers used occasionally on shelf in hall cupboard

ninathenana Fri 05-Mar-21 11:51:46

A shelf under the coat rack in the hall and a cupboard in the spare bedroom that is above the stairwell that H fitted out with shoe shelving.