Gransnet forums

Chat

What is your favourite season of the year?

(90 Posts)
Foxglove77 Fri 05-Mar-21 11:09:46

I love Spring! For me it means the long winter months are finally behind us and the promise of summer is to follow. Spring means new life and I just love all the baby animals, wildlife, spring flowers and blossom. The warmth of the sun on your face is the best tonic.

moggie57 Sat 06-Mar-21 11:20:55

Autumn is the best .the colours are wonderful.animals are gathering the harvest of fruit and nuts .farmers are gathering the crops in ..and a sense of well-being is alright with the world.as the bible saysays seedtime and harvest shall never end

Corkie91 Sat 06-Mar-21 11:25:08

Summer closely followed by spring

JdotJ Sat 06-Mar-21 11:47:24

Spring & Autumn

Daffydilly Sat 06-Mar-21 11:55:31

I love the in between seasons.

Spring for new growth and the promise of warmer days.

Autumn for snuggling up in gloves, hats, boots, scarves and the beautiful colours of nature.

Juicylucy Sat 06-Mar-21 12:08:27

Exactly what foxglove77 said. It’s like I wrote the post.?

Greyduster Sat 06-Mar-21 12:12:27

Late spring/early summer - especially early May. The light has a different quality then and everything looks pristine.

Soozikinzi Sat 06-Mar-21 12:17:53

Another vote for spring. Everything new and pristine and in front of you . Summer can be such a disappointment can’t it !

Daisend1 Sat 06-Mar-21 12:25:30

Living in the UK, come Oct to Mar and were it possible, hibernate. I find no joy in the long hours of darkness.

dirgni Sat 06-Mar-21 12:28:08

Summer every time!

nipsmum Sat 06-Mar-21 12:38:14

I love spring. I've just had a woodpecker and a squirrel outside my kitchen window, making good use of the bird feeders. Not many small birds yet in Aberdeen. Its still a bit chilly for breeding birds here.

harrysgran Sat 06-Mar-21 12:49:25

Summer for me the long evenings in the garden seeing more of family and friends warm sunny days I love it all my birthday falls in June and the six weeks summer holidays are also a welcome break

missdeke Sat 06-Mar-21 12:56:17

Summer then Spring, Spring can often forget itself and think it's still Winter. Autumn can be beautiful but it's the herald of Winter and I hate the dreariness of Winter with its grey skies, cold winds and wetness.

Millie22 Sat 06-Mar-21 13:07:22

Summer ?

LadyGracie Sat 06-Mar-21 13:19:30

I love the spring, New life abounds.

polly123 Sat 06-Mar-21 13:44:16

Love Spring with all it's promise and freshness and love Autumn when I can wear my boots again and walk in the park looking at the amazing colours of nature. Loathe summer and always look forward to getting it out of the way.

grannybuy Sat 06-Mar-21 13:58:50

Summer. It's never too hot in NE Scotland! I like the longer days and the fullness and colour of the plants in the garden. I enjoy - when fine enough - being able to wear less clothing ie jackets and cardigans.

LMW1 Sat 06-Mar-21 14:17:53

I do love Winter.... But hate Snow when I have to go out in it. Looks great through the window though smile

Rosina Sat 06-Mar-21 14:37:45

Autum is heavenly for me; there is a poem about following autumn round the world, so that you are always in that lovely season. The long shadows, the golden sunlight, the cool freshness of the air, the glorious, heart lifting colours and the scent of woodsmoke. I dislike the sumer for the humidity, intense heat for days on end, the sleepless nights, and the wobbling flesh and tattoos! Spring is my second favourite, with its beauty, newness and fresh growth. Given this past year though- I am just glad and grateful to be here, vaccinated, whatever season it is!

Musicgirl Sat 06-Mar-21 14:39:00

I like early Autumn, September and October because the weather is usually still mild and the colours are beautiful. There is a special smell in the air too. Unfortunately, October leads on to November, probably my least favourite month of the year, although January is a strong contender. I also love the freshness and promise of Spring. At this time of year I like to have a vase of daffodils, my favourite flowers. They represent a sign of better things to come. I enjoy Summer, as long as the temperature does not go much over 25 degrees and Winter has its own special features. - there is nothing like drawing the curtains and sitting by a fire with a good book.

Alioop Sat 06-Mar-21 15:26:51

Autumn. Love the colours of the trees, but as long as the days are bright and dry. Detest the winter, darkness and gloom. Wouldn't it be lovely to jump from Autumn to Spring lol

Sheilasue Sat 06-Mar-21 15:30:40

Spring and Autumn.

cupcake1 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:12:40

Spring and summer- beautiful hopeful seasons full of colour and promise even if that doesn’t always pan out ! Dislike autumn just because winter is on its way and I absolutely HATE winter! What is there to like? Don’t say Christmas because I’m not a fan of that either! Been to Oz for Christmas a couple of times and it was bliss endless blue skies sunshine and bbq’s why would anyone prefer dark cold rainy/snowy days is beyond me.

Lizzie44 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:28:28

Love spring - snowdrops, daffodils, bluebells, nights getting lighter and longer. I feel a pang of disappointment when we go past the longest day... followed by a grumble about summer's passing when I hear the closing theme music on the last day of Wimbledon TV coverage.

Kaggi60 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:55:28

I love Spring do not like sitting in the Sun and the cold in winter.

Happiyogi Sat 06-Mar-21 17:08:59

Spring, especially May. Everything looks fresh and it feels optimistic.