Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Sun 07-Mar-21 06:15:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but looks a dry and cold start to the day outside.
Today , will do a small shop around mid morning , and then have a ready made lunch , followed by more cycling on TV a double dose from Belgium and France .
Although GB riders yesterday in Italy scored well .
Also received my paperback, as to a local persons youth in the 50`s and 60`s in Brackley yesstyerday .
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Sun 07-Mar-21 09:32:05

Good morning all, it’s dry in this bit of Lancashire at the moment, but there’s a fair bit of cloud about.

Not much planned for today, again! Hoping for a walk later, and a bit more de-cluttering.

Look after yourselves.

grandMattie Sun 07-Mar-21 09:32:43

Some pretty flowers for happy Sunday. The blackthorn is opening, always a sure sign of spring! X

grandMattie Sun 07-Mar-21 09:33:19

Oh where did the blackthorn go?

Auntieflo Sun 07-Mar-21 09:40:16

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
When I woke up I felt sure that it was Saturday, but don't know why as we did go and do a small shop yesterday.
In the afternoon, DH washed the car and I ventured into the back garden to sweep up berries and leaves from the cotoneaster tree. I really enjoyed being out there, but we were both exhausted after our efforts, even though it wasn't for long. Later on in the evening I got chilly and a bit achey, so instead of watching a film, I snuggled under a throw and slept through it. DH said it was good!
We will listen to the on line service a bit later, but nothing actually planned for after that.
Finish my book? And start another?
Thank you for all the well wishes and PM's I do appreciate them, and your kind thoughts.
I did see our neighbours boxer yesterday and had a kiss from her. Made me feel better.
SheepandCattle, lovely to hear from you, in the midst of your busy schedule. That wee little lamb could do with a knitted jacket ?. Hope you manage to get a rest today.
EV, I might have crumpets for lunch as my appetite is waning, and I get a lot of nausea at the thought of anything much.
Sending loving thoughts to Merlotgran, Georgesgran, Travelsafar, Dragonfly, BlueSapphire, NanKate, Marydoll and all our GN's who are in need of some hugs.
Apologies if I have missed anyone out, and am missing Greenfinch posting lately
Have a good day one and all.

BlueSapphire Sun 07-Mar-21 09:46:23

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton. I shall have an hour or so in the garden this afternoon, probably to tidy up behind the pergola, where the pyracantha has run rampant; then it will be on to the plants that sit along the back border. Shall take the radio out and listen to the rugby commentary - Saints are away today, playing Harlequins. I shall record the match so I can watch it later.

Finished the main body of my cardigan yesterday, but had to learn a new cast off technique called I-cord; the instructions were not very clear in the pattern, so I found a video on You-Tube. It has given a lovely finish, and I shall be using it again on the button band.

About to make a bacon butty, and then it is lamb chops tonight.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 07-Mar-21 09:50:39

Aw, Auntyflo if you can manage a crumpet or two it'll help x
My thoughts are with you all the way.

Alygran Sun 07-Mar-21 09:52:11

Good morning from North Yorkshire where the sun is breaking through. I’m just finishing coffee and croissants in the conservatory. A sure sign spring is on the way when it’s warm enough in here. Looking forward to the next move to breakfast on the patio!
Busy day yesterday with household chores including defrosting the freezer, washing and gardening.
Today is ironing then meeting a friend for a SD walk. Day 7 of my Walk over Cancer challenge.
Hope everyone has a good day.Stay safe.

hulahoop Sun 07-Mar-21 09:59:11

It's a clear sky here this morning when I can summon the energy a good dust and clean in room this morning.Bellypork for meal today oh,s favourite sending hugs to all grieving,not feeling good or just having a bad day .

Sar53 Sun 07-Mar-21 10:07:48

Urms I realised after I posted that it didn't sound right smile x

Gelisajams Sun 07-Mar-21 10:21:18

A quick good morning all from a calm cool Morecambe Bay. We are just in from a very long walk. It’s Zoom church in a minute so I’ll read and catch up later. I won’t be posting tomorrow morning as we are taking the ‘campa’ for its mot and service. The garage want it for 7am and it’s over an hours drive. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

hollysteers Sun 07-Mar-21 10:41:54

Good morning Mick and journalists ?from a nice day on the Northwest coast. Off for a distanced walk with friend. Even made an effort and put some makeup on. If I had spent as much time painting canvases as painting my face over the years, I would be Michelangelo by now...She doesn’t want a big hike, having foot problems, so it will be a sedate constitutional. Haven’t seen her in ages and should really make a note of all the things I want to talk about, there are so many! It’s good to have this walk planned as it gets me going. Otherwise it’s mindless boring pottering until I can get down to something really useful.
Thinking of the bereaved and the worried, take heart?

Grandmajean Sun 07-Mar-21 10:47:10

Good morning from Cheshire. Feels warmer today. Loving the picture of the lamb ! Love animals .
Not much on today. DS and DGS turned up yesterday to wind the clock in the local church (DS is a bell ringer there ) and we chatted in our driveway. DGS ( age 8 ) ran around the car all the time and jumped up and down - think going back to school tomorrow might tire him out a bit ! Not quite sure whether the chat in the drive fits the rules - have lost the plot a bit. Still getting shopping delivered but would love a trip to our local Waitrose ( never thought I'd say that ) although not sure if sensible. Have had one jab and am fit and well but over 70. Might give it another week or two.
Loving reading your posts. Haven't reached Marydoll yet. Always a good post !

muse Sun 07-Mar-21 10:52:41

Good Morning Folks and welcome Grandmajet.
-1° this morning. Frost still laying heavy where the sun is not reaching it. Cornish blue skies for Mya's quick trot this morning. I wanted to get back to my poached egg on sourdough toast. Thankfully, MrM packed a bunch of garden fleece around the water pump at midnight.

Sheep. Beautiful little lamb, 15 to go then you must look after yourself.

JaxJacky. Well done with the raised beds. I've got two weeks to wait for mine. Three are being replaced by two taller ones. Less bending for me.

amselerin. I've stopped wearing mine when I go out. With mask, reading glasses and beannie, my aids don't stand a chance.

Having my useful pang of sadness when I read of others have a relative round for lunch or going out with them. June seems years away for my daughter's visit.

My thoughts today are with those returning to their full classrooms tomorrow. On the local news the other night, sone head teachers were telling parents not to worry about uniform as many children have outgrown them. My niece says her four boys (all still at primary) are bursting with enthusiasm for tomorrow but I know the staff will be looking out for the anxious ones flowers

No gardening for me except to water what I've planted in the polytunnel. It's sure to be more than -1° in there with this sun.

Grandmafrench I'm trying to guess what the row of emojis are in your message to the children. It's shown as a row of squares on my laptop. I'm thinking they might be hugs ? ? ? ? ?

Cheery-by from me.

muse Sun 07-Mar-21 10:56:44

Cheery-bye (forgot the e)

Toodle pip

Taichinan Sun 07-Mar-21 10:57:25

Good morning all from a grey wet Angus coast. I haven't read through the thread yet, but did note as I skimmed down that sheep and cattle has popped in with a lovely photo of a little lamb. Welcome back, oh wonderwoman of the lambing world.
Nothing happening here, surprise surprise, but I shall do it to the best of my ability ?. I shall roast a piece of rolled brisket for tea, and maybe do a set of tai chi and a WhatsApp with family.
Wishing comfort and love for the bereaved ? and an easing of troubles for the poorly - and a lovely day to all. And I think I shall declare every day a pink flamingo day! ????

Nannagarra Sun 07-Mar-21 11:01:51

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it sunny.
Thank you for the update, sheep. The AGA lamb is so cute and doing so well thanks to you even though you must be absolutely exhausted.
May Iris enjoy her return to school tomorrow and may her day be trouble-free.
Sending a ?to you all.

grandMattie Sun 07-Mar-21 11:04:44

muse, they are flamingos. It seems that they have been adopted as a cheering-up symbol. Lovely though.

Grandmafrench Sun 07-Mar-21 11:11:42

Good guess, muse.....probably the same as hugs for kids who love flamingoes? I’m sending a bunch of flamingoes in the Lego of Life. You’ll have to ask Laura to further explain - or Grandmattie who started it, I think. Most of us need a flamingo to brighten our days! Hope your day is a good one.
Keep warm.

How incredibly sensible if all schools could say don’t stress about uniforms now - not until this horror is behind us - parents have had to struggle enough. We don’t pay our Doctors here at the moment - the government is doing it. Same reason!

Pink Flamingoes to you, Taichinan and any number of hugs whilst you plough through your To Do list. ?

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Mar-21 11:11:54

Good morning all from a sunny, bright South Yorkshire.

I’ve got some cushion covers in the wash so I’m hoping they will dry nicely outdoors today.

DH has had his first vaccine today, so I’m relieved about that. He said it was all very well organised and efficient. I’m still waiting to hear from the surgery about mine. I’ve had the letter, but the venue choices are too far away so will wait to hear from my surgery so I can book for the local venue DH has been to.

The lamb looks very settled, sheepandcattle and I’m pleased that you are coming towards the end of the lambing season. You must be exhausted.

Glad to hear that your hearing aid is not lost, amselerin and that you will be able to get it back from the shop.

Welcome Grandmajet.

Well I’d better go and peg out those cushion covers. Take care everyone.

Nannagarra Sun 07-Mar-21 11:19:30

DS1 just phone to say he had pigeons nesting under his solar panels. Neither he nor DH keen on ladders! Could be an interesting afternoon!

Nannagarra Sun 07-Mar-21 11:20:38

...phoned...has
Need to read carefully before I post!

LauraNorder Sun 07-Mar-21 11:23:51

One morning following a long stay in hospital for Iris , grandMattie’s very brave little granddaughter, grandMattie reported that Iris had received a box of Lego to cheer her up. She was apparently delighted to find a random pink flamingo in the box.
I thought it was lovely that a little girl, going through so much, took great delight in a small thing. Something we could all learn from.
Hence ‘I hope you all find a random pink flamingo in the Lego of life’.

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 12:03:16

That’s just lovely.

ginny Sun 07-Mar-21 12:10:30

Just a quick and rather late pop in to wish you all a pleasant day.
Had to call 111 this morning but all sorted now. Have to say all three people I spoke to were very efficient and reassuring.
Hope you all find a smile today , I’m off in search for mine.

Taichinan Sun 07-Mar-21 12:18:38

Welcome Grandmajet, I hope you enjoy contributing to this morning briefing. I look forward to hearing more.
Thank goodness you located your hearing aids Amselerin. It seems we all have problems with the amount of hardware we have to cram in behind our ears! I have very little hearing without my aids, so forgo my glasses when I'm out.
I'd forgotten about March's lion and lamb Grandmafrench, and now that the 1st is so far behind us I can no longer remember what the weather was like! Oh well, we'll find out on the 31st I suppose, which will either be a roar or a happy gambol into April ???