Gransnet forums

Chat

Look at What I Made...

(34 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 07-Mar-21 11:05:07

Hello Everyone smile
Bit of a cheek really, no picture attached!
(I can't attach photos from my phone for some reason confused - nothing at all to do with the fact that I haven't made anything recently hmm)

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread showing photos of stuff that we've made.

It was partially inspired by a poster saying that she makes jewellery, and I realised that posters are often mentioning stuff they've made, making me think 'I'd love to see that'.
Also there has also been some beautiful quilting photos recently. And the cheeky bagpiper of course.

It can be anything at all; cakes; jewellery; Mary's granddaughter's fairy garden; Soop's cat house; even something like a front door that you've painted.

I know that we all like a little nosy at what others have made, and hopefully it will inspire at least me to pull my finger out and do something creative for a change!
Thank you flowers

Auntieflo Tue 09-Mar-21 12:14:41

Thank you LadyGracie

And, ? FannyCornforth

FannyCornforth Tue 09-Mar-21 10:28:08

Auntieflo

Have we not had a thread very similar to this a while ago?

Hello AuntieFlo there may have been, but I've certainly not seen it, and I'm on here quite a bit (rather an understatement...)
I wouldn't have started the thread if I was aware of a similar one in recent use. I don't like it when there are repeatitious thread themes.
Btw, no snippiness taken, and none here either Flo! smile

LadyGracie Tue 09-Mar-21 10:17:28

Thank you everyone, I do love to knit. I’ve also knitted an Aran and a cape in the last couple of months, for myself, I have too many jumpers, cardigans etc but can’t stop.

I’ll message you the pattern number Auntieflo

Shinamae Tue 09-Mar-21 09:55:49

My aunt May made me(well I suppose encouraged me really) to KNIT Two dresses when I was about 12 one was green with black stripes and the other was red with black stripes.( started off alright but at the end of it I really really hated it) Then later on at school I spent months making a blouse in the needlework class only for it to come practically all undone at the second wash. Since then nothing “Crafty”for me i’m afraid, scarred for life ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

Auntieflo Tue 09-Mar-21 09:50:54

Apologies , I didn't mean to sound snippy, and I just loved LadyGracie's jumper. Is the pattern available?

Auntieflo Tue 09-Mar-21 09:47:49

Have we not had a thread very similar to this a while ago?

vampirequeen Tue 09-Mar-21 08:28:32

Wow you're all so creative.

FannyCornforth Tue 09-Mar-21 05:56:37

LBCardigans those socks look do cosy. I've noticed that sock knitting is currently quite the thing on GN.
LadyGracie yes, gorgeous mulberry shades.
Such talent.
Thank you everyone, I hope that this thread continues smile

FannyCornforth Tue 09-Mar-21 05:52:01

Ladyleftfieldlover I enlarged your fridge photo and enjoyed having a snoop around your magnets. You've got some fab ones. My dad has got a similar collection which I try to add to whenever I can.
Mollygo oh my goodness! That pie! I've never seen one like that in real life, it looks amazing. DH would faint with delight if I ever made anything near as marvellous as that.
What is inside it?

cornishpatsy Mon 08-Mar-21 11:35:27

Love that jumper LadyGracie, the colours make me think of heather.

Blossoming Mon 08-Mar-21 11:25:31

Grandmafrench

That's fantastic - are you Mrs Patmore from Downton Abbey by any chance?

Grandmafrench. I love Mrs Crocombe, the cook in the English Heritage videos. You can see them on YouTube.

grandmajet Mon 08-Mar-21 10:37:50

Again, not me but my daughter - I did make her, however!

Ijustwantpeace2020 Sun 07-Mar-21 23:10:19

A painting I did and my husband made it into a real clock.

Mollygo Sun 07-Mar-21 17:51:41

Grandmafrench no, but it makes liking to eat lots of pastry look good.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 07-Mar-21 17:34:28

I love baking Simon Schama’s delicious cheese soufflé recipe and decorating my fridge with magnets.

Grandmafrench Sun 07-Mar-21 17:27:18

That's fantastic - are you Mrs Patmore from Downton Abbey by any chance?

Mollygo Sun 07-Mar-21 17:14:38

Does this count?

Grandmafrench Sun 07-Mar-21 17:12:30

What a talented bunch - you should be very proud of yourselves. ??

Daisymae Sun 07-Mar-21 17:01:46

Miniature silhouette in a vintage mini mosaic frame. I quite like tiny paintings.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 07-Mar-21 16:19:09

Beautiful cushion, quilt, jumper and bracelet on here, just lovely.

Latest imperfect sock knitting creations. Ran out of pink wool so added some mustard for the toe.

Blossoming Sun 07-Mar-21 14:00:39

Thank you Grandmajet. I enjoy the whole creative process ?

Harris27 Sun 07-Mar-21 13:50:48

Aw I love these clever people!

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 13:47:51

I love it, Blossoming.

Blossoming Sun 07-Mar-21 13:35:56

That was me FC. Unfortunately I don’t have many photos of my creations but this bracelet is one of my earliest efforts. It was a birthday present I made for my big sister. Sapphire is her birthstone and the design is based on jewellery of the Tudor area. They loved pearls and crosses.

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 12:35:38

Thank you Fanny, I will tell her. She views my gransnet outings with some amusement!