Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Tue 09-Mar-21 06:15:04

Good Morning Everyone,
A bright clear sky start this morning here in Brackley .
Today, will have a quiet day in , get some housework done , and just basic exercise.
I will have a coffee with biscuits this morning, watch Paris -Nice cycle race on TV as its a time trial stage.
Otherwise very little choice of live TV .
Take care,
Mick

cornergran Tue 09-Mar-21 08:18:25

Morning Mick, morning All. Sunny and bright in our corner of Somerset.

Lots of positives yesterday, painless knee injection, new fence was installed without a hitch, Mr C got to his blood test on time and had a helpful telephone chat with a GP which reduced some worry in us both. Today? We’ll spend a little time beginning to sort the garden border trashed by the fence installation before the promised gales arrive. Not much else I think other than a phone call to a sad friend, were both a little weary.

I’m in awe of your stamina sheepandcattle, love the photos. Goodness grandmattie, what a contraption for Iris to manage.

Hope Tuesday is gentle with us all and be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Gingster Tue 09-Mar-21 08:19:47

Good morning all from a beautiful morning here in Essex. I will make the most of the day as winds and rain are expected tomorrow and Thursday. I’m due to go walking with a friend on Friday so hopefully the weather will improve by then. ?.

Poor little Iris. What a brave girl ! ?.

Sheep I do hope you can get more rest soon. You must be shattered! If only all the grans could come and give a hand. I would love to help bottle feed those spare lambs. ?.

gagagran I’m sure your DH will improve day by day. Gradually! Keep positive ?

Grandmafrench thanks for your support yesterday ?.

I’m organising a bridge match this afternoon on Zoom. Haven’t done it before so I hope it works. I will feel so daft if it doesn’t. ?.

It’s my good friends 70th next week . A woman who has everything. She’ll be inundated with flowers so what shall I gift her with ??

Enjoy the sun, those who have it and batten down the hatches for the next few days. ?????

harrigran Tue 09-Mar-21 08:25:02

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Better night for me, slept right through despite having an afternoon nap yesterday.
Easy lunch today, took cooked mince out of the freezer last night, we will have it with neeps and tatties.
Haven't seen any news yet this morning but I expect the newspapers will be full of last night's interview.
Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 09-Mar-21 08:27:11

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s a bright sunny morning in Suffolk, as per the forecast. Hurrah! Gardening it is then.
Lots of orphans Sheep . My SisiL called them caid ( cayed ?) lambs. Maybe that’s a Shropshire name?
We both struggled to get to sleep last night - we were chatting at 2.15am , so a nap may be on the cards.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Stilllearning Tue 09-Mar-21 08:33:18

Morning from S Lanarkshire, at least dry at the moment. Enjoyed the lovely lamb pictures sheepandcattle, the ‘black and whites’ are especially nice. That is some number of pet lambs to cope with!
Good wishes to brave little Iris grandMattie, I hope school goes well for her.
My eight year old DGD still chats and reads with me five nights a week, Malory Towers just now, thanks baubles! and when it was my turn last night, she interrupted and said (politely) ‘Excuse me granny, could you be a bit more expressive?’ She does get lost in the story!
Good wishes to everyone especially those struggling just now.

baubles Tue 09-Mar-21 08:36:34

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s rather dull and drizzly.

What a lovely welcome for the children Ashcombe, and sheep the image of applauding teachers brought tears to my eyes. Very sweet little lambs, your sleepless nights have really paid off.

Take it easy Marydoll, I hope today is better for you. Best wishes to MrGaga and to Iris, it must be exhausting hauling her cage around.
I’ll carry on being busy doing nothing today, I must say I’m getting rather good at it.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

grandmajet Tue 09-Mar-21 08:36:50

Good morning from sunny Nottinghamshire. We’re hoping for the sunshine to last all day so we can finish our lawn care with completing our moss removal attempt and follow it up with over seeding and a bit of organic lawn food. I expect it will be mossy again by autumn!
I’m beginning to separate you into individuals now!
There are some lovely photos. I love the idea of a secret Urmston knitter! What a fun thing to do.
It’s nice to see the effort made by schools to welcome the children back. Please let it be for good this time.
Your poor husband Gagagran. I had one of those gastronasal tubes for 12 days at the beginning of last year and it did the trick. I was also on a drip so it was quite a lot of tubes to fit round when trying to sleep! Fingers crossed, a low residue diet has helped since then. I felt very safe and cared for in the hospital; I hope your husband feels the same.
Spring is on it’s way to bring us all some cheer.

Greyduster Tue 09-Mar-21 08:39:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and it doesn’t feel quite so cold, so we hope to get a walk in later. Now many of the children are back at school, the country park may be a bit quieter!
Thankyou for the lovely photos Sheep; I’m still bemused by the fact that all your ewes have names - and that you can actually tell them apart!
Have a happy, healthy day one and all!

Gelisajams Tue 09-Mar-21 08:46:46

Good morning from a grey Morecambe Bay. I think rain is imminent.
Haven’t read yet but I thought I’d post and read later. DH is asking me if I’m ready to exercise. I will be glad when I can return to the gym and do my favourite exercise Aqua.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Anniebach Tue 09-Mar-21 08:50:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

ginny Tue 09-Mar-21 08:51:32

Good Morning from a bright N. Bucks.

Excited this morning as DD3 is meeting me for a walk. First time I will have seen her for more than a couple of minutes at a time since October. We will wander down the road, she says she will waddle with her baby tummy. It will be lovely to sit each end of a bench with a coffee and have a relaxed chat.
I might have to tie my hands together so I don’t get tempted to give her the big hugs that I want to.

Blood tests this afternoon and otherwise just pottering. May make a cake for a friend who is always dropping in little gifts for me.

Hope you all find a ? today.

Grammaretto Tue 09-Mar-21 08:54:19

Good morning from another overcast damp morning but the birds are incredibly busy. There's a blackbird who is eyeing up the bush I inadvertently over-pruned last year revealing a nest with eggs in. Sorry blackbird.
I won't make that mistake again.
Yoga this morning.
How lovely to be enjoying a coffee with a friend Scentia.
I hope there will be an announcement today from Nicola so we in Scotland can be allowed a bit more leeway. Lots are breaking the rules as it is.
How long will Iris need that splint grandMattie? It looks medieval! I hope her school goes well.
Thankyou for the sheep and lamb pics sheepandcattle
Sorry gagagran you are still waiting for better news.

flowers for all those struggling and sad.

Alygran Tue 09-Mar-21 08:54:51

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We have some blue sky!
Nothing much happening today. I need to decide where to go to do my 10000 steps
Have a good day everyone.Stay safe.

oliversnana Tue 09-Mar-21 09:03:39

Good morning all from a bright Melton mowbray.
Babysitting the boys this morning.
Sheep zwarbles fleece is lovely to spin. I've taught myself over the pandemic.
Not sure as to the rest of the day.
Hope all with health issues and sorrys have an easy day.

BlueSapphire Tue 09-Mar-21 09:06:05

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Northampton, not a cloud in the sky. The towels are in the washing machine so they will get an airing outside today.

I am going out to cut the front grass today, as rain is forecast tomorrow or Thursday. I did the back grass yesterday; I am afraid that if I set about removing moss there would be very little grass left! I also sawed branches off an unruly hornbeam and cut back a border of shrubs.

I had good news yesterday as tests ordered by the doctor came back all clear, which is a relief.

This afternoon/evening I shall attempt to pick up the stitches for the sleeves on my cardigan; I managed to do the button band yesterday and had another chance to show off my new casting-off technique.

I have enjoyed looking at all the photos this morning, thank you for posting, everyone. Hope the day is good to us all.

Newquay Tue 09-Mar-21 09:12:58

Ginster i sent my sister a basket of fruit for her 70th which she thoroughly enjoyed. We had one for our golden anniversary last April too.

amselerin Tue 09-Mar-21 09:13:46

Good morning to all from a cloudy, grey Lueneburg. We even had a flurry of snow. Thanks to all who commented on my lost hearing aids. It`s so uplifting to know that people take an interest. I read all your posts and find them entertaining, sad, informative and inspiring. I don`t comment a lot, because so many of you do that already and I could not say it any better. But, I certainly get a warm glow from all the little glimpses of your lives.
I collected the hearing aids yesterday and took the opportunity to take Waldi into town on the bus (her favorite mode of transport). Yesterday the mediterranean blue sky made me envious of grandmafrench and all of you in the south. Then I went into the Restaurant "Hemingway" to collect a take away meal. The pictures on the walls showed Hemingway relaxing in his shorts in the sun in France or Spain. I got such a longing to do that as well - but when?
So, let`s hope we all can soon relax a bit more. I was surprised how busy the town was. Lots of shops were open to click and meet. The benches around town were full with people eating and just enjoying the sunshine.
I wish you all to have a happy time.

Urmstongran Tue 09-Mar-21 09:14:23

Well done you Alygran on doing 10,000 steps every day during March! I did 11,500 yesterday but I won’t be doing so many again until next Monday!

Are you fund raising? If you are, if you’d like to p.m. about how I can support you with a donation, I’d be more than happy to do so.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 09-Mar-21 09:27:06

Good morning from a dull East Yorkshire. I’m new to this but have been following for a while. I’m a gran to a gorgeous little 4 year old boy who in the words of Stevie Wonder is the sunshine of my life. As he says we’re “ best friends” .
Today I shall get out soon for a walk, then a regular Tuesday chat with a friend and this afternoon me and DH are getting our jabs .. yay! So much excitement in one day. I’ll probably need a nap after that.

hulahoop Tue 09-Mar-21 09:27:43

A very clear morning in West York's .Had a lovely walk with friend yesterday.The frame Iris has reminds me of the time I was orthopaedic nursing.Love the photos of lambs and their proud mums.hope you all have a gentle day .

Grandmafrench Tue 09-Mar-21 09:37:49

Good Morning everyone. Warm, sunny and breezy here in the S of ??, so washing curtains and cushion covers must feature. Hopefully today’s laundering will be more successful than yesterday. Went out for a couple of hours - DH persuaded me to accompany him and overruled my chore-planning. It was so nice to go somewhere with unfamiliar views.The sun was blazing from a blue sky. The laundry was dry! On our return journey there was a black patch of sky way in the distance and then 2 rainbows. Seems they were pointing to our house, where we eventually had to shelter in the car for 10 minutes until the sun re-appeared. The laundry was actually dripping. Later, in a better humour and under cover of darkness, I brought it in, spun it and dried it! Never, in 4 years in the South, have we been caught out by the weather like that. But, suppose it’s still only March!

Today I shall be here to supervise any of Nature’s surprises. One already in the corner of the empty pool this morning - one of the fattest toads I’ve ever seen....accompanied by one of the tiniest! Sweet. DH will be taking his tiling place in the pool when he returns from shopping and pharmacy. I have the run of the house to catch up on the small things I’ve been attempting since Moses was in short trousers ?. The sunlight is at least encouraging.

So pleased to hear that schooldays re-started well for most - and the occasion and relief was marked. sheep, those pretty creatures....what did you say to them, “best in show faces, ladies?” Just think, a few more days and they’ll all be safe, you’ll be getting safe with your vaccinations, life will return to busy from frantic, and you can reclaim your bed! Well done, you ?.

Can hardly bear to look at that cage, GM - much worse than I imagined. Wow, she’s brave - but you know that already.

Mary you know you’re still in charge even if you have to direct operations from the couch! Do it, please. We worry.
Hope Mr G continues to respond to treatment after his hiccup, Gaga. Such fun clearing up after workmen, corner.....watch that knee! stilllearning do please practice being more expressive ?

To avoid a shouted conversation down the drive to a speeding Amazonian person.........I shall now get dressed for some parcel reception.

Stay safe, stay well, stay sane all. Warm hugs and thoughts to those sad or struggling. ?????
??‍♀️?

EllanVannin Tue 09-Mar-21 09:38:40

Good Morning All x.
On the dull side so not sure what to expect really though it doesn't feel too cold when I put my nose outside to put old Tom's breakfast near his " house ".

My word, how one day can be so different from another ! Yesterday while sitting here minding my own business, there was a knock and it was D and GD. I hadn't seen GD since before Christmas 2019 with her partner when he was alive.
My GD's treatment by social workers would have blown H&M's " sob story " out of the water ! It left me numb.

I can't believe how anyone could treat a person as they did with my GD, who was ill and vulnerable at the time after losing her partner to Hodgkinson's then having all her children taken into care. Attempted suicide twice and was left bereft with no support or empathy. It's a long story but I'm going to let the children's services know exactly what happened. Pen to paper today and a stiff letter to send.

By the time they'd gone I felt drained and quite confused as to what this was all about and authoritie's way of " playing God ".

Thank goodness there's one social worker who's seen through all this and is on side with my GD. Another social worker had cried when the children were taken a year ago and with Covid, we all felt powerless because of the first lockdown when we couldn't mix. It's been a nightmare and still remains so. We've been left without a voice !

Aw,*Grandmattie*, I do feel for Iris having to lug that weight around, bless her. What a really brave girl she is. x

Sheepandcattle a lovely pic. of the "families", such a busy time but you'll really have to watch your health too, though easier said than done on a farm. Love the names Thelma and Louise, puts me in mind of a naughty pair grin

What a lovely idea on the postbox Urmston a cheery start to the day as you pass it you'd have to smile.

Must get my shower as I can't think straight at the moment so it'll liven me up a bit. Crumpets at the ready to give me a boost too.
I wish everyone a good day and stay safe wherever you are and whatever you do. Thoughts to those not feeling too clever and to our " absent friends ".xx

CherryCezzy Tue 09-Mar-21 09:38:46

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower.

I've been struggling again ? but won't dwell on it except for the fact that I keep missing this lovely thread.

A bit belated but I want to send my condolences to the recently bereaved flowers

muse Tue 09-Mar-21 09:52:07

Good Morning from sunny but frosty Cornwall.

Opticians today (glaucoma tests). Mid day walk with Mya.

Morning chat with daughter yesterday. Women's Day and she needed a mental boost. Granddaughter at the hospital today. She's been diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome. No cure but hopefully with physio she'll build up muscle strength. Some see tricks with double joints as entertainment, I see the pain in my granddaughter's eyes when she struggles with walking any distance, especially when walking uphill and down.

Lots of praise for those walking 10,000+ steps a day. I average about 5000 and am on my feet a good part of the day.

Sheep Tiredness will do that so I hope you get lots of sleep soon.

Marydoll. How about the beef cobbler tomorrow? You take it easy today. Take away?

Feel like going back to bed but must press on.

Mind how you go everyone smile

Blossoming Tue 09-Mar-21 09:54:48

Good morning all from an overcast soggy Lancashire. I did get my walk yesterday as the sun came out, but there was a bitter wind blowing in from the sea. It’s not raining yet so I may be lucky again. Mr. B is back from shopping, so I will finish my tea while catching up on your posts, then go put the shopping away. I can’t always do much but I try to do my share. Plus it counts as functional physio.

Sending good wishes to all and a hug to those that need one.