Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan and Harry. Has anyone changed their opinion post Oprah?

(1001 Posts)
Missfoodlove Tue 09-Mar-21 09:27:44

Has anyone got a different perspective after watching last evenings interview?
I am be really interested to hear if any of you feel more or less pro the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Alegrias1 Sun 14-Mar-21 21:17:57

?

OnwardandUpward Mon 15-Mar-21 08:31:41

So the general feeling is that it is Kate, but with a discreet female bodyguard.

Considering she had been recieving death threats it's a brave thing to do. I could not imagine M blending in so well that there was a "is it really her?" debate.

Lucca Mon 15-Mar-21 08:33:40

Posted this on another thread but...ironic but of mistyping under this photo

suziewoozie Mon 15-Mar-21 10:06:19

OnwardandUpward

So the general feeling is that it is Kate, but with a discreet female bodyguard.

Considering she had been recieving death threats it's a brave thing to do. I could not imagine M blending in so well that there was a "is it really her?" debate.

No it’s the truth not a general feeling. And there is no way ( quite rightly) that she would have gone had there been a credible death threat. She wouldn’t have been allowed and even more importantly she’s the mother of 3 young children and would never have risked leaving them motherless.

OnwardandUpward Tue 16-Mar-21 08:33:55

Yes, that's what I would have thought.
Perhaps the death threats were made up by a newspaper?
I still would have thought there might have been incognito security around, blending in like Kate also blended in. We wouldn't recognise them because they would be undercover.

Mollygo Tue 16-Mar-21 08:45:37

19 OnwardandUpward, there probably were incognito security just as you describe. Not much point in being blatantly obvious if she’s trying to keep a low profile.

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 09:30:19

OnwardandUpward

Yes, that's what I would have thought.
Perhaps the death threats were made up by a newspaper?
I still would have thought there might have been incognito security around, blending in like Kate also blended in. We wouldn't recognise them because they would be undercover.

Newsapapers making up a story to increase sales/ clicks ? Surely not ?

trisher Tue 16-Mar-21 09:34:01

Of course there was security there. If Eugenie couldn't attend university or drink in a bar without her security, it's absolutely impossible that Kate would be permitted to attend any public space without hers.

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 09:48:14

trisher

Of course there was security there. If Eugenie couldn't attend university or drink in a bar without her security, it's absolutely impossible that Kate would be permitted to attend any public space without hers.

I can’t believe that some people think this is even up for discussion.

Anniebach Tue 16-Mar-21 09:51:12

Every thread is up for discussion

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 09:53:02

Anniebach

Every thread is up for discussion

It was the very idea that she’d be there without security I was commenting on. Really really daft

Anniebach Tue 16-Mar-21 14:10:10

According to a close friend of the Sussex’s, Haz has spoken to his father and brother , it was unproductive!

Wonder If he means the cash flow is still frozen

annsixty Tue 16-Mar-21 14:17:17

Their friends are very free with their comments aren’t they?
Every conversation passed on through them, how cheap and nasty.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Mar-21 14:20:33

I think this thread might well become a permanent fixture.
?
Gives everyone a daily opportunity to post something about M&H and the royal family in perpetuity!
?

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 14:20:47

annsixty

Their friends are very free with their comments aren’t they?
Every conversation passed on through them, how cheap and nasty.

Really ? Never anything revealed via the friends on the other side? Oh come on they all do it.

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 14:22:20

Urmstongran

I think this thread might well become a permanent fixture.
?
Gives everyone a daily opportunity to post something about M&H and the royal family in perpetuity!
?

And that’s in addition to all the other threads which provide endless opportunities to don one’s scarf ???

Mollygo Tue 16-Mar-21 14:26:51

Only 8 to go! Get your post in quick, or catch the follow up version suggested above if you’re desperate.

tickingbird Tue 16-Mar-21 14:31:18

Mollygo You’re quite obsessive on these threads. Who has the time or inclination to count how many posts to go until it’s full? You were doing it on the other M & H thread too. Most strange.

Anniebach Tue 16-Mar-21 14:33:21

annsixty The friend is Gayle King, anchor woman for CBS,
she has spoken often for them,

Anniebach Tue 16-Mar-21 14:34:56

I posted because it was on the news todayv

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 14:36:42

Anniebach

I posted because it was on the news todayv

Not the news I listen to ?

Anniebach Tue 16-Mar-21 14:39:29

Really ? I do listen the BBC,

NellG Tue 16-Mar-21 14:45:38

To be continued....

suziewoozie Tue 16-Mar-21 14:45:44

The BBC offshoot of KP and BP ( not to mention no 10?)

Callistemon Tue 16-Mar-21 14:48:57

tickingbird

Mollygo You’re quite obsessive on these threads. Who has the time or inclination to count how many posts to go until it’s full? You were doing it on the other M & H thread too. Most strange.

It is easy, tickingbird - number of posts shown at the top of the upthread.

Bingo!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion