Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Mar-21 06:13:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning , but its dry and looks cold out.
I had my heart monitor fitted yesterday at Horton Hospital Banbury bussed both ways , but once fitted walked the distance back to bus station from Hospital .
Having to keep a diary for 5 days ,see how I feel etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Litterpicker Sat 13-Mar-21 20:40:58

Ashcombe thank you for trying to untangle my confusion! I have looked again and see it was LauraNorder - another esteemed poster, as are you of course smile. I knew I should keep my pencil and paper by me to keep notes blush.

CherryCezzy Sat 13-Mar-21 15:07:07

Litterpicker, I am glad of it but I'd be happier if my neighbour got the help she needs because until she does her twins will continue to suffer.
I hope the Drs put you on the correct medication at the correct dose from the off for you Scentia, it's horrible feeling yuk ?

Ashcombe Sat 13-Mar-21 15:03:07

On reading back through all the posts, Litterpicker, I think you probably meant your comment regarding a media detox to be for Marydoll. Nevertheless, I feel honoured to have been confused with such a special member of this group!

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 14:24:48

Having been fiddling with photos of flamingos all morning,I’m having one last go to see if I can post with less pixels. If it works this is photograph of our nosy neighbour.

I don’t understand why the flamingos have so many pixels but I’ve expanded enough mental energy on it for today. ?

Grandmafrench Sat 13-Mar-21 13:46:33

Oh Scentia definitely time for the Thyroxine! You’ll see such a lovely change from horrible symptoms which you’ve clearly put up with for far too long. Be of good cheer, once the dose is right you’ll get all your bounce back.....and won’t have to beat yourself up to do the work! Good luck!

hulahoop Sat 13-Mar-21 13:37:15

SCENTIA hope you start to feel better soon .Glad to hear things are settling for the better DRAGONFLY.
It is very changeable herein West York's we had a bit of snow yesterday my birthday is next week I remember one year on birthday having thick snow ,hope we don't get a repeat .?to all having it waiting for tests .

mrshat Sat 13-Mar-21 12:28:05

Good afternoon from a sunshine & showery Herts/Bucks border!
Just to say flamingos are really popular here and are affectionately known as 'mingos'! smile
Keep safe and positive everyone.

Taichinan Sat 13-Mar-21 12:25:51

Scentia whatever you do, never lose your smile. ?? for you, lovely lady.

Scentia Sat 13-Mar-21 12:16:32

Grammaretto it is, I don’t think
I’m depressed but I am fed up of bring in pain and I am really tired but I don’t stop in case I can’t get going again?. My main symptoms are my hair is so thin, I have strange pains and feeling cold all the time. I have piled the weight on the last year too. That’s enough to make anyone depressed I suppose? but I keep smiling.

Litterpicker Sat 13-Mar-21 12:14:41

Good morning from bright and blustery West Sussex. I read the first page of posts earlier, before Pilates on Zoom. Those with time to stay have a chat after which is cheering. Teacher has a 3 year old and is always organising themed days for him. Today is his “name” day - his Dad is Hungarian and Roman Catholic. Little boy is very into his animals so wanted a bison cake! Fortunately he was very happy with a standard cake to decorate with flowers, bugs and a model bison ?.

My DGS was 15 yesterday. He appeared on Skype to show us his presents including a set of tools for making his airfix models and a cool cube light. He was back at school on Wednesday and though he says he is happy at home, spending hours playing games, he seemed happy to see his classmates in person. Main problem - having to wear a mask and the glasses steaming up. Anyone solved this?

Good to hear your appointment went ok Mick. The monitor will be a fiddle but keeping the diary will save having to think what to do for a few days ?

Good to hear that Scentia has a diagnosis and should see an improvement in health soon. Glad to hear Marydoll is being good and accepting help. Hope the glitter paint turns up. Cherry so glad you’ve had a bit of peace. Ashcombe media detox day sounds a good idea. No use worrying about what we can’t change. Too many to mention but I read all posts and am thinking of all with worries etc flowers.

I am jealous of your garden stream amselerin. I have always wanted a stream flowing through a big garden with a woodland area since I visited an old friend of my parents as a child and she had exactly that - so lovely!

I must go and finish cleaning my cooker hood - it was in a shameful state. New carbon filter has been ordered - such excitement grin.

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 12:11:55

?

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 12:03:44

Third time lucky?

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 11:55:35

Try again!

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 11:52:58

No good sorting out a photo if it doesn’t get posted.?

muse Sat 13-Mar-21 11:48:24

Good morning from Cornwall. Well, we've had wind, rain, hail and sun so far today.

Off for my walk soon then cleaning the slate floor in the new house. Workmen cleared up well yesterday after fitting the woodburner but it's still muddy outside so the mop will be busy. Put sheeting down but some moved!

Before all that a chat with daughter. Text from her says she is still lazying in bed. Pleased to read that.

Not read anyone's news but will be back early evening to do catch up.

dustyangel Sat 13-Mar-21 11:47:59

Good Morning from the south of Portugal,it’s a bright and sunny day but quite windy too. I can see next doors plum tree is more fully in blossom today. Grandmattie I sorted out a photo of the Flamingo and a Unicorn for Iris. She sounds such a brave little girl.

aggie Sat 13-Mar-21 11:17:31

Good Morning all, think I must be sick this morning ! I have put all the soup I made yesterday in th freezer , sorted the dry washing and put it away , the bread machine is churning the second loaf today , and brushed the floor . Now I have to wash up and tidy the kitchen
Just got an invite to Sunday lunch , in bubbles garden ?

amselerin Sat 13-Mar-21 11:13:18

Good morning all from - at the moment - sort of sunny Lueneburg. I have just returned from shopping. I am waiting for my gardener who is going to paint my kitchen cupboards. He phones me, when he is ready to be picked up. Unfortunately, sometimes he doesn`t make it and I have waited for nothing. I have got used to his ways now and have another gardener in the summer who does the garden.
I cleared all the borders by my little stream in the garden yesterday. I had my Wellingtons on and was doing the bank whilst standing in the water. Unfortunately, in some places the stream was rather deep and the water just poured into the wellies. I just kept on regardless : I started, so I finish ....
I was covered in mud everywhere, but the job is done. (little problem compared to sheepandcattle)
So, I am wishing all of you well. I like all the photos.
Take care and keep well.x

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 13-Mar-21 11:11:52

Good Morning all from wild, windy, wet Harrogate - how's that for alliteration of W?.

sheep I love little pinchy he's gorgeous. You must be so tired, though.
Marydoll hope you've recovered from yesterday's trip, only you could have a day like that! If you've got bits of fabric you might be able to stick them on your fairy doors? I'm trying to convert a small box into Barbie's wardrobe. for GDs birthday. Don't want to buy more plastic than necessary.
Saw GS yesterday, he was in DDs car. he suddenly pointed excitedly to the window - 'Bow', he signed, 'rainbow'!
His speech is coming on, slowly!
Well, this is not helping me, I've baking to do.

Please take care everyone, have the best day you can.
Well, I've got more baking to do

Mapleleaf Sat 13-Mar-21 11:08:17

Just popping in to say a quick good morning to you all from a very blustery and chilly South Yorkshire.
Didn’t have the best nights sleep due to the wild weather and I’ve woken with a stiff shoulder that seems to be getting stiffer at the moment - must have clicked something with all the tossing and turning.

Nice to see you back, Dragonfly ?.

Welcome to all new posters.

I hope that today is a decent one for everyone and anyone with troubles, worries, health concerns, I hope you find some solace today. Take care.

LauraNorder Sat 13-Mar-21 11:03:06

I was wondering sheepandcattle, if it’s possible to somehow splint the legs of Pinchy while the bones are still soft?

LauraNorder Sat 13-Mar-21 11:00:38

Good morning Mick and all from dry and sunny Anglesey.
We stepped off the world for 24 hours yesterday to recharge batteries and find a sense of equilibrium. It did us both good and today I am back to counting my blessings, lots of pink flamingos in my life.
We are limiting ourselves to lunch time news only and concentrating our time on family, home, garden and the things that bring us joy.
I know that’s selfish but I was getting bogged down in all the angst about stuff that doesn’t concern me. Dysfunctional families in ivory towers, extreme political views and silly tv personalities shouldn’t become important enough to make us anxious.
So many of you are going through much more important things and that’s where my sympathy lies.
Sincerely wishing everyone going through tough times a better day today ???

CherryCezzy Sat 13-Mar-21 10:34:20

Oh my brain cell, meant to say that I'm pleased that your DH is home Gagagran ?.
It sounds like your house move went well Pittcity ?
For those with DAC whose birthday it is today remember this - they are your children so, by my reckoning, you're only as old as the day they became your children ?

EllanVannin Sat 13-Mar-21 10:26:31

Lovely to see you Dragonfly.

Blossoming Sat 13-Mar-21 10:25:39

Good morning all from a chilly rainy Lancashire. Not much planned for today. Hope everyone has a peaceful day. Will read your news while I enjoy my morning tea.