Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Mar-21 06:13:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning , but its dry and looks cold out.
I had my heart monitor fitted yesterday at Horton Hospital Banbury bussed both ways , but once fitted walked the distance back to bus station from Hospital .
Having to keep a diary for 5 days ,see how I feel etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Bellasnana Sat 13-Mar-21 06:21:24

Good morning from another fine day in Malta.
Glad to hear your hospital journey went well Mick and wish you luck with the monitor.

I’m up early and have already walked round to my doctor’s house to have blood taken. The system here is very different from the UK from what I hear. We are so lucky.

Just having a quick cuppa then going to get my Covid swab done at the hospital. Good luck with yours cornergran. I shall think of you.

I did watch the tennis yesterday NanKate, thanks for reminding me. I’m such a bag of anxiety at the moment that I don’t know if I’m coming or going. Been awake since 4am.

Wishing you all the best day possible.☀️

Beechnut Sat 13-Mar-21 06:33:17

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is light and dry.

Some thrilling news this morning, my bowel screening kit has arrived. It’s a few months later than usual but looks less faff to do.

I loved your Siamese cat story yesterday B9exchange. We had one years ago and she was such a character. We never knew what we would come home to. I think tipping up the pedal bin was a favourite so I thought I would be clever and buy a taller one. Didn’t stop her but putting a brick in the bottom did.

Take care all and wish everyone well with tests and the like 🌸

grandMattie Sat 13-Mar-21 06:35:14

Good morning from a dry bright E.Kent. The wind and rain kept me awake half the night. Hate it. Still very windy.
Glad the monitoring is ok, “Mick”. Please don’t let your procedures worry you that much, Bella, it’ll be fine.
Had a call from DD yesterday. They need a new car, theirs is literally falling apart, but passed its MoT! Iris was a bit unsettled as her teacher has gone on maternity leave early. She doesn’t cope with changes very well, but is now fine. I thought the parents would be overjoyed with school starting, but they hate the school run more apparently.😂
Another nothing day ahead.
Hope all the procedures, appointments and so on went well yesterday, ditto today if any.
May you all have peace in your heats today. ☀️☀️☀️🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

Hiraeth Sat 13-Mar-21 06:39:57

Good morning from a very windy, wet Germany . Good to hear that all has gone well with the heart monitor fitting Mike .
Just walked to the bakers and back for my Saturday Croissant and bread roll. Not much going on today although I could plant my earlies in my growbags .
Enjoy today everyone wherever you are.

Scentia Sat 13-Mar-21 06:59:34

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is windy as a windy thing.
I am taking DGS out for a walk this morning as he will want to be with mummy tomorrow morning, his daddy is very good at showing him how to spoil his mummy on Mother’s Day. DD said “what about you mum, you are my mum though, I should be with you” I explained that once she had children of her own I passed the baton to her for being spoiled, just a card for me will be fine❤️
I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism yesterday and prescribed some tablets, it may take months to get the right dose though, apparently, but the locum doctor was so nice, I wish he was there all the time. So young though. He will go far I am sure, very nice to an old lady he was😂

cornergran Sat 13-Mar-21 07:04:36

Morning Mick, morning All from a more than windy corner of Somerset. Thr large trees by the river sound like sailing ships in a storm.

Thank you for your good wishes bellasnana, hope both tests are accomplished easily for you. The covid tests are quickly done, it’s number 5 for me as I have been a random sample for a research project. Can’t get any more random grin. Once I’m home that’s me grounded until Tuesday. I won’t mind too much, plenty to read and an excuse to do nothing.. the weather certainly isn’t encouraging being outside.

Sounds as if you managed well yesterday mick, the heart monitor may give some answers.

Best get a wriggle on or I’ll be late. Take care everyone, hope Saturday is kind to you all.

Kalu Sat 13-Mar-21 07:05:48

Good morning all from a watery looking sky in Glasgow. We had heavy hail storms yesterday and today doesn’t look too promising either.

Pleased to hear your procedure went well yesterday Mick.

Another day of craftwork which I love doing

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Sar53 Sat 13-Mar-21 07:16:12

Good morning from a windy Essex by the sea where the sun is trying to shine.
We had a lovely Zoom quiz with my girls and SIL's last night. It was good to chat and I saw the 3 oldest granddaughters for a brief time.
No plans today although there is Rugby on this afternoon for DH to watch.
Enjoy Saturday and find a 😀 xx

NanKate Sat 13-Mar-21 07:23:53

Morning Mickand All.

Grey and cool in South Bucks.

I hope Bellasnana when life has settled down after Covid you will feel less stressed. Also when you have had your procedures done in hospital on Monday. I will be going through the same as you next month, but I suppose we are lucky to be offered these checks. Put your feet up this afternoon and we can watch the Final. Bautista Agut is in excellent form.

Sorry to hear grandMattie that Iris is missing her teacher. Our youngest DGS 8 had a wobble at school a few weeks back. His 2 friends were not in school and he was missing his cats, the lovely teacher text my DS and asked him to send a photo of the cats for our boy to see. It worked a treat.

We hope to get a take away coffee and warm apricot Danish from our favourite cafe and consume them on a river bench. Hope it warms up a bit first.

Hugs to all those who need it today, especially Marydoll

Gagagran Sat 13-Mar-21 07:26:59

Morning all from a still very windy south coast but the sun is up so hopefully a nice day in store. 5.7c on my weather station so definitely not balmy!. We had a magnificent rainbow over us yesterday, just as DH arrived home from hospital. It was a great welcome home for him!

I have a Tesco click and collect this morning and that's all there is on the agenda apart from changing DH's dressing. He is very pleased to be home and will pick up now, going on past performance. There is nothing like your own bed is there?

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

12Michael Sat 13-Mar-21 07:28:02

monitor ESG type so rigged up , carry main thing in pocket , but will exercise, have to keep a diary for 5 days as well.
Mick

Sheepandcattle Sat 13-Mar-21 07:29:09

Morning Mick and all from a very gusty, blowy Wiltshire. The rain seems to have stopped for now though but I hate the wind 😡. I’ve attached a photo of Pinchy, who I wrote about yesterday with her poor wonky front legs. She’s a feisty character though and can almost self-feed now from the milk machine that I have (which keeps the milk formula at the correct temperature and has the teats attached to a board so that the lambs can feed ad lib). I’m giving her lots of practice at this as, once she can manage independently, I won’t have to go down to the shed at 4am to ensure she gets an early morning feed ( which will be a blessing!). 2 more of ‘the stragglers’ lambed yesterday, both single lambs, so only 8 possibles left to lamb. I think I’ll have a few more lamb as some of them get very excited when another goes into labour, which indicates that their maternal hormones are on overdrive.
Yesterday my mojo came crashing down and exhaustion caught up with me. Every bone and muscle seemed to be protesting, probably due to the clearing and cleaning frenzy I’d had the day before! As a result I was in bed by 8pm, leaving DH to do the nighttime checks and feeds. I’m feeling more myself today thankfully.
I’m pleased that your appointment went well yesterday Mick and hope that the monitor shows positive results when it comes off. Wishing the best Saturday possible to you all, especially those feeling worried or anxious.

Pittcity Sat 13-Mar-21 07:35:25

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Jab day for DH and me!!
DS is picking up a new car this morning so I shall be chauffered in style.
Otherwise it's a day of unpacking and shopping. We have no internet or TV for a few days so there are no other distractions. We do have unlimited mobile data so that I can keep in touch.

Much love to all x

Nannytopsy Sat 13-Mar-21 07:37:04

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Glad the hospital trip was a success and I hope the monitor give results.
It is still very blowy here but the rain has stopped for the time being. We are doing jobs in the garden this morning then it will be rugby for the rest of the day and more tomorrow. Sadly I have finished the knitted blanket but I do have a wool stash. And a fabric one ...
I hope the day is kind to everyone and England win at rugby 😀

kittylester Sat 13-Mar-21 07:38:21

Morning all from a changeable North Leicestershire where we have sunshine one minute and clouds the next.

Aiming to do the census today and that's about it. Takeaway Turkish meal tonight.

Dwmxwg Sat 13-Mar-21 07:39:47

Good morning from north Surrey. Another who was kept awake by the wind last night.
Compiling a shopping list for DH’s trip to Tesco this morning. DD has requested roast tomorrow for Mother’s Day dinner so need to get the meat and trimmings for that.
I discovered yesterday that my DGD who is 6 months old and just started on solids has a flamingo 🦩 bib and that her sister, age 3 calls them “fingoes” 😊
Cleaning is on my agenda this morning and then putting my feet up with the newspaper and rugby
Hope Pitcity’s move went smoothly
Wishing all a good day

brook2704 Sat 13-Mar-21 07:39:56

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a sunny but very frosty start to the day with some light fresh snow on the hills
Pleased you got your monitor fitted ok mick hope all is well
Sorry to hear you’re feeling so anxious bella try not too worry too much (hugs)
Today we’re meeting DD2 and DGC at Brodie Castle, a local National Trust property. It’s only small compared to other properties elsewhere and not really a castle, just more of a large house. But there’s a playground for the children and some lovely gardens with big trees where they like to play hide and seek. I’m also overly excited to hear that the cafe will be available for takeaway and the toilets are open this weekend too. Thank goodness for the little things!
It’s good that you got a diagnosis Scentia I hope the meds help you to improve soon.
Enjoy your craftwork Kalu!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles and hope the day is gentle, take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 13-Mar-21 07:40:37

sheepandcattle your posts both cheer me up and make me feel incredibly lazy poor little lamb I hope her legs straighten.
Good morning everyone from a very windy, but dry again, Oxfordshire, oh sun has just appeared! Nothing much to do today, had a bed changing/washing and cleaning frenzy yesterday, so I can have a rest over the weekend apart from cooking meals, DD1 posted some magazines for me to read so I can do that without feeling guilty.
mick good to know they are keeping an eye on you at the hospital, take care.
Have a good day everyone and virtual hugs for those who need one and those who have moved house and are surrounded by boxes.....

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Mar-21 07:40:43

Morning Mick and all

Well it’s been a windy and wet night, woke me up at 3.30am, finally got back to sleep around 5.30am 😡

Nothing exciting here, popping down to the butchers and then pick up bread and milk.
Might do some ironing but the majority is bedding which I dislike more than the clothes!!!

Sending (((hugs))) to our poorly and missing friends.

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️

Nannytopsy Sat 13-Mar-21 07:43:51

Glad your move went ahead Pittcity - did everything go to plan? Enjoy your shopping - all those cupboards to restock!
Scentia at last you have an answer. I hope you are lucky and get the meds sorted out quickly.
Pinchey looks very sweet - let’s hope her determination wins through!

Grammaretto Sat 13-Mar-21 07:44:15

Good morning from the rainy Scottish Borders. It's supposed to clear later. I hope so as DBiL is proposing to drive DMiL to my garden for a birthday cuppa and cake. We shall see but having been allowed her first visit since last year (Thanks Nicola) I would hate her to get pneumonia now.

Your monitor fitting seems to have gone smoothly Mick that's good. I wore one last year for several weeks as part of the Biobank trials. I took blood from my finger last night to test for covid antibodies . It took 2 goes to get enough .
but showed that I have a few but not a lot! I will have to get the 2nd dose before I am fully protected.

Scentia is hypothyroid when you have an underactive thyroid? Tired and depressed? I would have thought you the opposite - you are always on the go.

I love our family Saturday night quiz too Sar53 it's a joy to see them although the older DGC usually wave and scuttle off. They are becoming teenagers. The wee ones are in bed.

What's your craftwork Kalu?

All the best to Cornergran and Bellasnana with their hospital outings and best wishes to grandMattie for Iris..

Hope you all have a good weekend.

harrigran Sat 13-Mar-21 07:47:30

Good morning from a grey and rainy NE.
A little housework today but not much else.
Yesterday's meal was a disappointment, we opened a bottle of Aloxe Corton, premier cru in anticipation of our steaks but they were tough. Never mind the wine was superb.
DH has three trips to hospital next week, two of them in one day, worrying as he is classed as extremely vulnerable.
Have the best day you can.

dragonfly46 Sat 13-Mar-21 07:50:46

Good morning from blustery Leicestershire.

Been away for a while trying to cope with several crises. Hope fully they have settled now if only temporarily.

My DD had a mole removed and we heard yesterday it was precancerous so we are so pleased they decided to take it away.
DS has moved and secured a job for the next seven months.

All in all I am able to breathe again.

Now what exciting thing shall I do today? I could do the census form like kitty.

baubles Sat 13-Mar-21 08:01:53

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s a watery looking sky, however if there’s no hailstorms it’ll be a better day than yesterday. Dog walks have been severely curtailed by the weather for the past few days so I’m hoping for an improvement today.

All the best to everyone with medical stuff going on, and to all the little ones back at school. Our eldest two go back on Monday, feelings are mixed at the moment.

We may start painting the kitchen later, DH taped everything off yesterday after we’d had an outing to Homebase, I found myself wandering around all the aisles looking at all sorts of things which ordinarily hold no interest, such is my level of boredom.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.