Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Sun 14-Mar-21 06:09:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley but its a dry start , I am also getting used to sleeping with the ESG monitor as to positioning etc in bed for comfort .
on 3 more days to wear it .
This being the anniversary of lockdown , having been reflecting over what has occurred over the last 12 months .
Take Care,
Mick

Auntieflo Sun 14-Mar-21 11:38:52

Good morning, and a happy Mothers Day to all mums on here.
To Mick and a special hello to Annie
We have listened to our on line service, and I do enjoy our minister's voice, and earlier on DH had Alexa play some really good worship music.
Yesterday we visited our daughter and SIL, where we had a lovely few hours and we felt very spoilt. They have some really comfy chairs, and I offered to swop our two sofas for two chairs ?
I will have to pop back and read the previous posts, as if I don't do this now, it will be mid afternoon before I get round to it.
So to one and all, have a good day, and enjoy yourselves

hollysteers Sun 14-Mar-21 11:35:57

Good morning Mick and all from the Northwest coast. Yes Mick, a whole year of this strangeness and I feel it’s put years on me?
But lovely flowers and chocs for Mother’s Day with irises, my favourite.
Quiet day ahead, a tidy up, exercise and carry on drawing.
Watched a documentary about the Spencer family last night. V interesting and I fancy a trio to Althrop (Must pronounce it properly ?)
Hope you all have a nice Mother’s Day and thoughts to the troubled.

Purplepixie Sun 14-Mar-21 11:28:58

Happy Mothering Sunday from a grey and breezy East Midlands. No family gatherings but lovely flowers and cards delivered by our faithful delivery people. Have the best day that you can as there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

annsixty Sun 14-Mar-21 11:03:49

Good morning all.
Grandmajean in spite of being a wrinkly 83, with very white hair and a walking stick, I still have to show proof of age to Amazon when my D sends me my favourite tipple.
Cold, wet and breezy here, my S, not known for signs of affection at all, left me this lovely gift this morning.
I was very surprised and happy.
It is jams chutneys and sauces.

grandmajet Sun 14-Mar-21 11:01:30

Jaxjacky, that’s just lovely!

Grandmajean Sun 14-Mar-21 10:45:47

Happy Mothering Sunday all. Have Zoomed with DS and two of the DGC. Expect to see DD briefly in our driveway later. DS says "something" arriving between 12.30 and 1.30. I will have to prove I am over 18 ( shouldn't be difficult ) so suspect it's wine !

Taichinan Sun 14-Mar-21 10:43:15

How lovely Jax.
Thank you Grandmafrench and Brook - never done this before, so it's a bit of "something different"! I'm going to par-cook the sausages in case they char before they're cooked through. Should be fun ??

brook2704 Sun 14-Mar-21 10:30:57

How lovely jaxjacky such a thoughtful special treat!
Taichinan I’ve serious fire pit envy .... please let us know how good the sausages are!! ... ?

ginny Sun 14-Mar-21 10:25:58

Good Morning. Still a bit breezy but dry at the moment here in N. Bucks.
Looking forward to a walk with DD2 in a while.
Thought this photo might make you smile. Sun in Law delivered DGS 5 to his Mum (DD3) in a box, where he popped out to give her the T-shirt.
Hope you all find a ?today.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 14-Mar-21 10:16:29

Morning Mick and all

Since my Mum died nearly four years ago, I find Mothering Sunday touched with sadness, thinking of all who no longer have their dear Mums ??

Lots of FaceTime today with AC and my sister

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

maydonoz Sun 14-Mar-21 10:12:42

Good morning all and happy Mothers' Day on this lovely bright, sunny morning from Welwyn, Herts.
I'd like to offer a special thought to all those who have lost their Mums particularly in the past year and also to Mums who have lost children.
It's been a very busy week, mostly with extra care for DGC, so instead of the usual 3 days, we had 5 due to Dil's appointments. However, all is well and we look forward to a "normal week" next week.
Following yesterday's washing, ironing is waiting (mostly pillow cases) so shouldn't take long, then prepare shepherd's pie for lunch, with a diced beef base rather than mincemeat and a side of baked stuffed pepper from yesterday.
Wishing you all a good day.

Grandmafrench Sun 14-Mar-21 10:09:02

Good Morning from wind blown, blue and sunny S of France.
Happy Mother’s Day to you all.
I shall hope to have a small celebration on 30th May....??

Soon be done and dusted, corner and bella. Wishing you a completely uneventful outcome and a small medal for going through all the necessary nonsense.

Many Happy Returns, Lins ???

Have the most exciting and cheering garden fun, Taichinan
I’m off to make chocolate pots and something with lamb....DS coming to eat.

Whatever you’ve planned - squeeze the very last drop of enjoyment out of it, everyone. You deserve the best....please don’t forget that!

Stay safe and well and sane. To all sad or struggling, huge hugs to you. ?

A Flipping Flamboyance of Flamingoes to you all??????????????????‍♀️???????????

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 14-Mar-21 10:03:19

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate - Happy Mothers day to all flowers
Happy Birthday Lins [cake]

Today promises to be busy, have virtual church to attend, DDs are coming after lunch so no idea what they have cooked up, don't know if Dgd will be with them. Decided I'd better bake eith scones or cup cakes for them. Have sorted out photographs so shall present the ones with DD1 to her and DD2 to her, the ones with both they can look at and decide what to do about them. Since today could be showery, and meddling Dgd could be here, decided to tidy a little back room (of my paints) so we can be dry there.

GrandMattieI know what you mean about treading on eggshells with DDs, I have to watch what I say or do!
Beautiful blanket Ashcombe
Hope your procedures go well Bellasnana

Have a good day, everyone. Keep safe

EkwaNimitee Sun 14-Mar-21 09:56:13

Good morning, Mick and everyone. It's a dreary, damp day on the Cumbrian coast. Funny how Sunday seems to get more dreary days than others in the week! When my shifts found me working Sundays, I would feel sorry for the Mon-Fri folk having one of their precious days off spoilt.
I'll spend part of the day researching the new furniture etc I need for the new home. It's frustrating that lockdown means I can't go and look in the stores. I'm also missing the excellent DIY skills of my late DH who fitted bedroom furniture, made shelves etc to suit our requirements . Now it's a case of buying ready made stuff - it generally takes two to put flat packs together-or paying people to come in. It will be fine in the end though, I'm sure.
I love your beautiful blanket, Ashcombe. My late MiL was very talented at crochet. I still have a lovely shawl she made me.
Well, that's it for now, I hope the sun shines for us all, literally or otherwise.

Blossoming Sun 14-Mar-21 09:53:22

Good morning all. It’s a dull grey day in Lancashire again. The days seem to merge into one another at the moment.

Jaxjacky Sun 14-Mar-21 09:46:36

I just had to pop back, our granddaughter just sent me a photo of the tray she and her brother have prepared for their Mum with the goodies I dropped over earlier. Welling up here...

LauraNorder Sun 14-Mar-21 09:37:10

Good morning Mick and all from dry but dull Anglesey.
Happy Mothering Sunday to one and all ?
Happy birthday ? Lins, hope it’s a good one ?.
Hoping we all find a random pink flamingo ? today.

baubles Sun 14-Mar-21 09:33:55

I’ll do my best stilllearning grin. On a clear day when I’m out walking I can see across to the hill near you. It looks as though there are still patches of snow?

Taichinan Sun 14-Mar-21 09:20:46

Already lost a post this morning - not a good start!! Happy Mother's Day from a much greyer than forecast Angus coast where the fire bowl is waiting to be lit in preparation for a lunchtime sausage sizzle with DD and DGDs. Specially for you, Mattie we're warming up with cream of curried sweetcorn soup, and the sausages will be accompanied with a curried rice salad ? - all with a view to keeping warm. (We're toasting marshmallows afterwards). I just hope the novelty is enough to see us through!
Having wasted so much time already typing and losing a post, I must dash now. Wishing everybody the best day possible, with special love and thoughts for those who are not able to be with family today. ????

Gelisajams Sun 14-Mar-21 09:19:32

Happy Mothering Sunday everyone from a grey Morecambe Bay and Happy Birthday to Lins?
I received 2 cards a couple of days ago. One was from Moonpig and the other in a handwriting I didn’t recognise. I was trying to guess which of my 3 boys had sent them. I got it completely wrong! Mr reliable was the one who hasn’t sent, I suspect that could be to to do with his wife being unwell, and the Moonpig one was from DS2 who is usually oblivious to commercial promptings!
Zoom church shortly then we are off out. A trip to B and Q, to collect a dehumidifier for DS2. Excitement! I might get a wander round the garden bit if it’s open.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

hulahoop Sun 14-Mar-21 09:17:31

Must remember to preview before I post should be arn,t we .

Grammaretto Sun 14-Mar-21 09:17:29

Happy Mothering Sunday from the Scottish Borders.It wasn't really warm enough but I sat outside to drink my tea and watch the nesting birds.
Happy Birthday to Linns cupcake wine
I am hoping for a gentle day today of quiet pottering.
Yesterday was momentous. DMiL was brought to see me for the first time since before our DHs died last year. It was her birthday so we drank champagne and ate cake.
Later DS & co arrived without warning and showered me with gifts. DGS is now almost as tall as his dad and his voice is breaking!. he still climbs trees and rushes around like a puppy

Aw, is that the last lamb Sheepandcattle? Is it a girl?
Hoping everyone has a nice day and no anxieties Bellasnana listen to your own advice.

Mapleleaf Sun 14-Mar-21 09:17:04

Good morning from a bright, breezy and cool South Yorkshire.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mums out there ?.
My niece called round with some beautiful tulips yesterday along with some home made scones with jam and cream to have afternoon tea with my DH. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness and so wanted to give her a hug but ofcourse can't do that just yet, so had to make do with a few words at the door and an air kiss.

Bellasnana not too long to wait now and it will be all over and done with ?.

That looks a lovely warm blanket, Ashcombe. What a thoughtful gift.

Sending best wishes to all of you, and birthday greetings to all of you with a birthday today.

Take care.

hulahoop Sun 14-Mar-21 09:15:34

Happy mothers day to all .?to those estranged.
A quiet day here would normally go to one of Ac but hopefully won't be long for all of us .Everyone having tests tomorrow the prep is the worst isn't it.
My dil crocheted me a blanket a few years ago sent we lucky .Happy birthday Lins ??

Greyduster Sun 14-Mar-21 09:12:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is trying hard to break through for Mothering Sunday in South Yorkshire and it seems a little less blowy. DD and her menfolk will no doubt be over at some point, but I hope that she herself is getting some pampering this morning - she certainly deserves it. Not much on the cards - I hope to get out into the garden as I have some seedlings and plants to pot on. Roast chicken for dinner.
Happy Birthday, Lins?; enjoy your day.
Alygran nice to hear you have your daughter sharing the weekend with you.
Lovely blanket Ash - like Sheep I wish I could crochet but I can’t get the hang of it!
Bella good luck for tomorrow - don’t envy you the prep, but you’ll be fine.
Have a lovely day folks!