Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(85 Posts)
Dwmxwg Mon 15-Mar-21 06:51:52

Good morning all from a dry north Surrey.
Very quick visit to mum and dad yesterday to deliver card and presents. Alway difficult to know what to get mum as she keeps reading the same books and is always wanting to give “things” away that she has been give over the years. Took lots of bird food for her feeders as she get pleasure watching them from her kitchen window.
Received beautiful gifts from my AC with kinds words written in their cards and home made cards from the boys. Roast dinner with DD and the boys ended a special day.
I am back at work this afternoon so just a tidy and bit of vacuuming this morning.
Bellasnana hope your procedure is soon done and you are back home
Wishing all a good day

Beechnut Mon 15-Mar-21 06:44:26

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. How lovely to wake up and it’s light. Also dry.

I had a great time with my daughter yesterday. The journey over seemed to take forever though as I got behind tractor and trailers a few times and my car hasn’t got the oomph (bit like me) to pass and I’m not really an over taker. I also had the unexpected pleasure of seeing my son in law.

Keep taking care all and sending my best wishes to those of you with procedures today and this week. I won’t say who in case I miss someone out ?

grandMattie Mon 15-Mar-21 06:44:23

Oh, good luck Bellasnana. Hope tour “-oscopie/s” go well with the desired results. ❤️

cornergran Mon 15-Mar-21 06:43:30

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s a chilly start to our corner of Somerset. The sky hasn’t decided whether or not to clear.

Quiet day yesterday. Family contact, flower delivery and a film sums it up. Good enough. Forgot to phone a friend as I had intended, feel guilty about that now and will call her this morning.

Good luck thoughts for bellasnana, soon be over now. My turn tomorrow so a food-less day for me. I know you’ll enjoy lunch grandMattie, the cake sounds delicious.

Take care everyone. Hope Monday is gentle with us all.

Nannytopsy Mon 15-Mar-21 06:43:09

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
The cat woke us at 5.30 and I was surprised to see how light it was. When the clocks change the days will be longer and fingers crossed for better weather to match!
Of course, both cat and DH have gone back to sleep. I intend to get up early today. We were in the middle of straightening a row of railway sleepers yesterday morning when DS and DGC arrived with flowers and gin. We walked up to the park and then it was time for the rugby so our job didn’t get finished. Never mind, today’s another day.
I hope S&C ‘s lambs were collected and good luck Bellasnana today and was it Corner too?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

grandMattie Mon 15-Mar-21 06:28:23

Good morning from a pink dry E Kent.
Had two unexpected calls from my DSs yesterday. Nice long chat with DS1 in India, me snivelling half the time, and a short call from DS2 inviting himself and his boy to lunch today. Which is why I have a cake in the oven at the moment! Apricot and (freeze dried) raspberry. Makes it look a rather lurid pink, but delicious.
DGS mum wrote a charming litt piece on her Fb page thanking me for the support over the years. More snivelling!
Got my lovely chaps to lunch today. What else can a woman want?
Hope today is filled with random ???????and brings relief to troubles and pain. ☀️❤️?

Pantglas2 Mon 15-Mar-21 06:27:50

Good morning Mick and all who follow - my first daffodils are open - DH says they’ve been hibernating cos of COVID!

A trot to Lidl later then I’ll catch up with everyone’s doings so hope you’re all up to no good and make me smile ?.....

Hiraeth Mon 15-Mar-21 06:26:09

Good morning Mick and everyone,
better weather in the UK than here in Germany . A wet, grey day is forecasted. Oh well, grandkids this afternoon we,re baking a birthday cake for my DD so that will be fun!
Enjoy today everyone

Ashcombe Mon 15-Mar-21 06:25:25

Good morning, Mick and all from a calm and fine Torbay. You seem to have coped well with the heart monitor, Mick.

Yesterday, I was very touched by the heartwarming comments received from so many on this thread regarding the beautiful crocheted blanket I received from my son's partner for Mothering Sunday. More than 20 of you made such lovely remarks that I shared them with the creator, who was equally delighted. My thanks to you all.

It sounds like many of you enjoyed your special day and the chance to reconnect with loved ones in some way. I had a good Zoom chat with DD1 and family, with DGS2 and DGD regaling us with tales of being back in school. DGS2 hates the earlier rising now required but enjoyed being with his teacher again. Heaven help him from September when he will need to be up even earlier to travel to the next town for high school!

Gagagran: you must be proud of your DD for volunteering at the vaccination centre. I hope your DH's continuing progress enables you to feel less worried.
Good luck to Bellasnana for today - not the best way to have spent Mothering Sunday, preparing for the procedure. I hope the potential lamb buyers turned up sheepandcattle and you’ve slept better.

Have a good week, everyone, and keep going towards the light of longer days and normal life resuming. ??‍?‍?‍?????‍♀️????????????‍♀️

12Michael Mon 15-Mar-21 06:22:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light and another dry and bright start to the day here in Brackley .
Looking outside its full of the signs of spring , even the trees are showing budding.
Today , my penultimate day of wearing my ECG mentor.
A little bit of exercise with it on such as housework and do a small shop , before settling down and watching cycling on TV .
Take Care,
Mick