Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Wed 17-Mar-21 06:07:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but looking grey and dry this morning in Brackley .
Busy day for me , I will walk to supermarket do a shop , before returning home.
Will remove ESG monitor , and then prepare myself for a bus trip and back to Banbury to return the monitor to the hospital with diary etc in an envelope.
After lunch more cycling on TV , then relax .
Take Care,
Mick

dustyangel Wed 17-Mar-21 09:32:46

Good Morning everyone, and it’s a lovely sunny day like yesterday which was DH’s birthday. I married an older man he is exactly a week older than me! Marydoll it occurred to me it might simply be that your DH is worrying about you but unable to show it. Although like you and Ginster I have had concerns about my DH in the past. I think and hope with him that it is simply the amount of medication that he is on. Anyway I think he enjoyed his day yesterday, we had our monthly cleaner in and drove into the next county to the better freezer shop which has a mixture of European products including Tesco’s and Waitrose’s then came back to a gleaming house and some sweet treats. We shall need to rest and enjoy it today. ?

baubles Wed 17-Mar-21 09:30:13

flowers for Georgesgran, I missed that it’s today.

BlueSapphire Wed 17-Mar-21 09:24:22

Good morning everyone from a rather overcast Northampton, but at least it's dry. Just debating whether to put the washing outside, or use the tumble dryer. I have just stripped the bed, and the washing machine is on. Not much else planned for today.

Downloaded the form yesterday to apply for a postal vote, so may have a walk out to the postbox. And that's about it. The grass needs cutting, but it is still damp underfoot so will give it another couple of days to dry out. Also filled out the forms online to pay for garden waste collection again - my garden is so big I have to have two bins, which is a pain, so double the money.

Finished a cardigan yesterday and ordered some buttons, and am itching to start on my next project which I shall do this afternoon.

Take care everyone.

Grandmabatty Wed 17-Mar-21 09:21:21

Good morning all. A change from yesterday in Polmont. We have grey skies and it's only 6°. Bellasnanna and Grandmattie I know how you feel! I had a horrible bout of reflux last night. That makes two nights in a row. Ashcombe I hope your toe isn't too painful. I tripped on a kerb a couple of years ago, landed heavily and bruised/cracked ribs so now I'm very careful. Scentia my dgs hasn't played with other children much either. I hope you all have a good time. Sheepandcattle your care for your animals shines through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for wee Pinchy. Marydoll fingers crossed for you too, navigating rush hour traffic. I'm glad to hear Dolly has the all clear but sad to hear your concerns about your husband.
Today I will visit mum. She and dad were engaged on St Patrick's Day and every year he would give her roses. I've tried to keep that going since dad died. This afternoon I have a WhatsApp chat with friends. Every Wednesday I think I won't bother as I have nothing to say, but I always go on and we have a laugh. In between, I'll clean the summer house. It needs a hoover and the glass cleaned. ? For Georgesgran. Have a good day all.

Kalu Wed 17-Mar-21 09:13:26

Good morning from a mild overcast Glasgow, quite different to a beautiful sunny day yesterday but pleasant enough to have another day spent in the garden. Spray painting the shed completed, I finished off the fiddly bits, window frames yesterday and pleased with the result of a smarter looking shed. I wasn’t aware of your spray painting disaster Marydoll ?

So far so good at GD’s school with no positive cases as yet. Eldest GD, senior pupil, is supplied with test kits which have to be confirmed clear before attending school. She is delighted though that she and her two closest friends are allowed to meet up outside now. No doubt lots of non stop teenage talk will be enjoyed.

Have the best day you can all and best wishes to those with worries and troubles.

Taichinan Wed 17-Mar-21 09:12:46

Good morning everyone. It's a grey start to the day on the Angus coast, but there are patches of blue so I hope the promised sunshine this afternoon materialises - a friend is coming up for a set of tai chi and a cuppa in the front garden, sheltering from the north wind.
Grandmajet I am sure your little DGS will delight in another little one to play with. I can vividly remember the first time I met another child (I was three and lived out in the sticks and it was wartime). I was so amazed and totally happy. It must have been a particularly wondrous occasion for me to remember it so many years later!! I too watched 'Grace' on Sunday evening and thoroughly enjoyed it - I'm looking forward to this week's episode now.
Glad you're feeling better today Bella, and glad your procedure went off alright Cornergran.
What a traumatic day for you sheep. The photo of little Pinchy snuggling up with another lamb is so cute - I hope all goes well with his splints.
I too was taken by surprise with some little violas re-blooming (if there's such a word). And purple crocuses are blooming in profusion now that the golden ones have died back. Next it's the turn of the daffodils with more and more opening daily. Then it will be the azaleas and rhododendrons. How I love this time of year!
I hope your foot is feeling better today Ash. So glad your balance is good and you didn't go all your length. Remember to stay alert for kerbs - they lurk just waiting to catch an unwary foot, horrid things ?
Have a good day everyone ????

Nannytopsy Wed 17-Mar-21 08:55:30

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I’m glad you have finished with the heart monitor Mick and I hope the results are helpful.
Scentia Bradgate Park was very close to us, until we moved 18 months ago. Lots of happy memories.
Suffolk is overcast at the moment but the plan is to lay membrane between the vegetable beds and then spread gravel. If we can finish that job, we shall be very self satisfied!

Our new neighbour has replaced a very unstable wall but the new fence is huge and at about 8’ is rather imposing. A planting opportunity is the only positive way to look at it.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Wed 17-Mar-21 08:40:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a rather grey, cool South Yorkshire. It was quite warm yesterday - we sat at the garden table and had coffee while we were working out there. I have a mountain of ironing today and some face masks to finish off for GS. I made him some when all this kicked off last year and he says they are more comfortable than any others he has so asked if I would make him some more as they have to wear them for so long at school now. I hate sewing but couldn’t say no! Day one of my fasting diet went very well yesterday but my tum was rumbling fit to bust last night! I hope this works!
Sheep I hope the splints increase Pinchey’s chances of a life. I was sorry to read about your ewe. That’s hard.
Amselerin I’m glad to hear that your friend is comfortable. The hospital sounds rather nice - if hospitals can be nice!
Good to hear you are feeling more yourself today Bella!
Have a good day folks.

Alygran Wed 17-Mar-21 08:38:11

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s cloudy today.
DD2 went home yesterday so it’s very quiet here again. I’ll sort out the spare room and run the vacuum cleaner round. Paperwork to do for my charity then meeting another trustee for a walk and a chat later.
Georgesgran flowers
Stay safe everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 17-Mar-21 08:34:09

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry but chilly out. Himself just opened the front door to go to the bins. Brr! Workmen on site again replacing the decking. Drilling & sawing outside in the communal area. ‘Our bit’ is done and looks very smart. My next door neighbour is the final area to be tackled.

We are driving over to my stepfather’s this afternoon, taking his groceries and settling down for a couple of hours to chat and drink his whisky. I like Wednesday’s hehe!

Last night Himself was looking at Mr.O’Leary’s website. There are some great offers out there at the moment and we are very tempted. Thinking of a cheeky fortnight in July for a blast of sun, sea and my LWW friends, I’m missing them!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. That comment about the Irish and mañana made me laugh grandMattie. Happy St. Pat’s Day to all who celebrate it! Do we have Irish grans here? aggie I think?? Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x
☘️

Gingster Wed 17-Mar-21 08:24:09

Good morning and a Happy st. Paddy’s day to all of Irish persuasion ?. My Dh’s Parents were Irish and we spent many happy holidays there.

Ashcombe rest up and look after that toe.

Sheep how sad about Noel ?. I do hope Pinchy makes it. ?. I suppose you can’t get too emotional about your charges but it must be hard, when you have to decide when to say goodbye. ?.

Marydoll your DH sounds just like mine. Something s not right but can’t put my finger on it. I think we’ve mentioned this before. It’s so hard to find a doctor to have a chat with too! ?

Had my lovely SIL’s Zoom funeral yesterday. It was beautiful, simple and emotional. We were mentioned in the eulogy as being good friends to her, so that was lovely. ?

Today my old neighbour and pal of 45 years is coming over with her little pooch and we will walk the dogs. Goodness knows where to as all the fields, woods and commons are like quagmires. Never mind it will be nice to wander and chat. If it’s warm enough and dry, we will have a coffee in the garden afterwards.

Had a long chat to another old friend yesterday her GS is autistic and is getting harder and harder to cope with (9) . She is so worried about her daughter as she is a single mum with no support where she lives. Social services are dragging their feet with help for her. They stay with my friend every school holiday but she says it’s so hard. She has to deal with him 24/7 and I really don’t know how she survives. Some people have such problems. ?

Hoping you all have a pleasant day. Thinking of you all who have problems. ?

amselerin Wed 17-Mar-21 08:22:54

Good morning all from (maybe later) sunny Lueneburg.
I went and saw my friend in hospital yesterday. Very beautiful room with 2 beds and bathroom. She actually seemed to be relieved to be there. She still can`t walk. But she is actually relaxing enjoying the service: breakfast offer: rolls, boiled egg, cheese, fruit orange juice and various drinks. Her choice for lunch today is kale cabbage (which is very popular here in winter) and special sausage which we eat in winter with this cabbage (a little bit like haggis). She has now decided to go into an old age home. I am rather shocked about that. She is still youngish (83). They are giving her physio therapy today, but at the moment her legs just give way.
I told her about your good wishes. She really did`t expect that and was really touched. Thank you all. She always thought that I was a bit silly writing to people I don`t know. I realized as well that it is soo comforting to get sympathy.
I was sad and happy about Sheep this morning and *Marydoll you brought some smiles to my faces. All your posts give such pleasure and sometimes sadness.
Take care and keep well. x

Grammaretto Wed 17-Mar-21 08:22:40

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where we may be in for another warm sunny day! Yesterday was blistering by my standards I had to change into a dress and sandals. I planted the onions and chives.
A df sat in the garden and we drank tea and chatted in the sunshine. What could be nicer.
My walking pal has twisted her ankle so I hope that doesn't mean no more walks.
Marydoll I call all that driving and rushing about overdoing it
An emotional time for you sheep. I love the photo of Pinchy in a woolly cuddle.

Georgesgran flowers Thinking of you.

Lins1066 Wed 17-Mar-21 08:19:47

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast. Builders arriving shortly to begin some major gardening work, digging out borders, membrane and chippings laid and all edged with sleepers - which may be brown or green, whatever they could get. Large shrubs and a palm tree to be removed, and Mr Lins wants a raised veg patch. I can no longer help him in the garden,, so this will make it easier for him in the future. It is the same firm who laid a new patio for us last Summer.
Glad that corner is feeling better and had a good outcome yesterday. Marydoll relieved to hear that your family had negative tests. I hope that little Pinchey's splints work, I'm rooting for her, brave little lamb. Due to lockdown I haven't seen any lambs, so your reports and photos are eagerly awaited sheepandcattle I'm still a country girl at heart.
Thinking of all with pain and worries flowers
Stay safe everyone.

Stilllearning Wed 17-Mar-21 08:15:15

Morning from a calm but cloud covered S Lanarkshire. Happy St Patrick’s Day from me too!
What a cute picture of Pinchy sheepandcattle, I’ll try and send it to my sheep farming daughter, helpful hints from mum who knows nothing about farming, she’ll be thrilled!
No particular plans today except to try to get an appointment with my hairdresser which will probably mean a lot of time on repeat dial.
My thoughts are with Georgesgran on this hard day and good wishes to everyone else.

NannyJan53 Wed 17-Mar-21 08:07:15

Good morning from a mild Black Country, where the forecast is for sun later.

Meeting a friend for a walk this afternoon, as she reckoned it will be warmer by then.

I was texting my DIL last night, she said how she never thought she would say it, but she wants to go back to work! (she is working from home). I do admit to feeling rather fed up now, it seems to have been a long haul.

Hoping your toe doesn't give you too much trouble Ashcombe and will be striding out before too long.

Wishing you all a good day, with special thoughts of Georgesgran

Gagagran Wed 17-Mar-21 08:07:09

Morning all from a sunny south coast and warming up nicely from the 6.9c at 7am.

Absolutely nothing on the agenda other than caring for DH as his slow recovery continues. This is not going to be a quick fix but we will soldier on.

Enjoyed the update from the farm as ever, so thanks sheep and cattle. My favourite bit of Country File is Adam's farm and I often wish the programme was more about him and his farm than some of the other stuff they put on! My dad was born and brought up on a farm so I suppose there is an innate leaning towards it.

Capt. Sir Tom Moore said "tomorrow will be a good day" so I hope that today is too - for us all. sunshine

ginny Wed 17-Mar-21 08:05:11

Good Morning.
Hoping for reasonable weather as I am meeting DD3 for a distanced walk this morning.

? for Georgesgran.
Pleased some are feeling better and hope others soon are.

My on line medical group meeting went well yesterday, once I actually got in to it !
I did know much of the information they gave as it was the first meeting and basic. Sure the further ones will be helpful though.

Take care everyone and hope you all find a smile today.

Susan56 Wed 17-Mar-21 08:05:03

Good morning from Shropshire.

Not feeling great today.Flare up of health condition.

Thinking of Georgesgran today and all with sadness and worries?

dragonfly46 Wed 17-Mar-21 08:04:30

Good morning and as kitty says our part of the woods is grey.

I am having Reiki today at a local cancer support centre. It is supposed to put me in balance!
At least the car will get a good run.

baubles Wed 17-Mar-21 08:03:07

Good morning Mick, morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire, I’m hoping for another sunny day, yesterday was glorious.

I’ve loved your tales from the lambing shed s&g. I’m full of admiration for your stamina, physically and mentally, I’d be an emotional wreck I’m sure.

Marydoll good news about Dollie, no cases yet at my five year old’s school since they went back, fingers crossed it continues.

Glad you’re feeling better today Bellasnana and that your stumble didn’t turn into a fall Ashcombe.

Another day of pottering and walking, always so much more enjoyable in clement weather.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Gelisajams Wed 17-Mar-21 08:01:50

Good morning from a rather pleasant Morecambe Bay. My opticians phoned yesterday just as I was getting in the car. They had been broken in to, so were re scheduling my appointment. I said DH was in today, could we double up as cleansing between us wouldn’t be necessary. She agreed so I will try again shortly.
Instead off the eye test, we went a different walk than usual. We passed fields of sheep with lambs. In one field there were a dozen or so lambs gambolling about together. I wondered if they were a group of orphaned lambs as all the other lambs were close to a sheep.
Glad to hear Dollie has tested positive. It’s such a shame their schooling is so disrupted. My DS’s partner is a teacher and they have 3 classes back at home.
Ashcombe hope your toe sorts itself quickly. Those injuries, although not serious are so annoying. So sad the Alzheimer’s society didn’t get the contract Kitty they do such useful work.
Take care everyone and I hope everyone finds some???today.

LauraNorder Wed 17-Mar-21 07:56:52

Gosh I have fat fingers this morning. Hope your foot is better soon Ashcombe and you aren’t hobbling for too long.
Poor old Noel. Sad for you sheepand cattle. Glad that Pinchy has splints and is in with a chance.
Flowers are pretty Jax.
I’ve resolved to spend less time in bed and less time on gn. So I’m off to do some housework in time to some lively music, a bit of gardening and a long walk.
Pink flamingos are lurking, hope we all find a random one, ????

Bigred18 Wed 17-Mar-21 07:51:45

I was born on Merseyside and my dad always called me Tilly Mint!

LauraNorder Wed 17-Mar-21 07:50:16

Daffodils everywhere giving hope for a brighter future all round