Gransnet forums

Chat

National Trust question

(10 Posts)
Ellianne Sat 20-Mar-21 17:04:00

I can't remember, did the NT allow you to use the car parks and walk round the grounds last year? At least that would have been something.
We adopted donkeys for DGC's Christmas 2019 presents x 4 but the sanctuary closed March 2020 and has never reopened since. A big shame, especially as it all outside in the fresh air. We haven't been notified of any extensions.

Sara1954 Sat 20-Mar-21 15:57:23

Our entire family are NT members, and normally we get our money’s worth, so I’m not too bothered about going nowhere last year.
We’ve visited a couple of local ones this year, but sadly are still unable to all meet up.

Cabbie21 Sat 20-Mar-21 15:48:30

My NT membership will renew unless I stop it, but I view it as a charitable donation, for which I may or may not get some benefits. The renewal is at 2019 prices, as a goodwill gesture on their part, and includes free entry for a couple of non-member friends accompanying me. I can’t see that I shall be able to use that, however.
On the whole I feel they do good work so I am happy to continue to support them through the pandemic.

timetogo2016 Sat 20-Mar-21 15:42:17

Fare enough Whitewash.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 20-Mar-21 10:59:22

timetogo2016

Could you not ask for a discount Whitewash on your renewal or a refund ?.
I think you should be entitled to one or the other.

No we didn’t as we were happy to support the NT but I think one years worth of support without use of the NT is sufficient?.

Be good though once we can get out and about. I’m champing at the bit.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 20-Mar-21 10:51:16

Not as far as I know, but we joined National Trust Scotland (we did live there at the time) it was cheaper than joining in England?

timetogo2016 Sat 20-Mar-21 10:47:39

Could you not ask for a discount Whitewash on your renewal or a refund ?.
I think you should be entitled to one or the other.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 20-Mar-21 10:41:54

I renewed my membership last year and only went to one property, and that was a garden.

This year we are delaying renewing until we know for sure we can make use of our card.

BigBertha1 Sat 20-Mar-21 10:38:39

Not that I know off. The RHS was dong a special offer if that's of any interest.

infoman Sat 20-Mar-21 10:35:36

As it seems we will be spending a lot more time in the U.K this summer.
Would any one be aware if the National Trust are doing any "two for the price of one" memberships offers ,or anything similar?
Thanking you in advance