Gransnet forums

Chat

Wear a hat day on Friday

(31 Posts)
Santana Wed 24-Mar-21 09:14:02

My GS is wearing a hat to school on Friday to raise awareness of children with brain tumours. He is 5 and always loved hats, so has chosen a gold sparkly trilby which lights up. I'm pleased he feels confident enough to be expressive!
Started me thinking about hats and what a lot of memories they invoke.
Straw hats with ribbon for Sunday school, and knitted ones with a hidden hairband and a long pom pom.
WI meetings when ladies left their hats on.
The aunty who wore one back to front at my sister's wedding.
School hats with badges and boaters. Fur ones that tied under your chin.
I expect we all have hat memories. My neighbour wears his mum's gardening hat when weeding to remember her.
I still have some special occasion hats, and weekend hats, and crochet hats.
Do you have hat memories?

Ashcombe Thu 25-Mar-21 11:49:42

I hope Tanith sees this as her DGS has just undergone surgery for a brain tumour.

Redhead56 Thu 25-Mar-21 14:26:42

I had to wear a hat as it was part of my uniform I hated it because it flattened my curls.

LauraNorder Thu 25-Mar-21 14:41:35

I shall definitely don a hat on Friday to think of brave little Louis, Tanith’s grandson who is recovering in hospital.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Mar-21 10:39:46

I have a choice - wear a hat which starts my BAHA hearing aid screaming, or not wearing a hat - I choose not to wear a hat!

BlueSky Fri 26-Mar-21 11:08:06

Bless! ?? No words really why it should happen to children.sad
I’ve been told I look good in hats and I do wear them all year round. My DH looks ghastly so we used to have a laugh in shops (pre Covid and lockdown) when he tried them on! ???