Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Mar-21 06:14:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley ,but there is a sign of brightness in the sky.
Today , usual shop and do my own Fish & Chips in the oven , before a nap and watch cycling on TV, GB hopes look good in Spain .
Did some shredding yesterday , having stockpiled things , the shredder got hot, so staggered the shredding , maybe a new one next week .

Talking of Next week , local travel is allowed so will officially go to my usual haunts hopefully and catch up with people I know on the bus journeys .
Take Care,
Mick

Elizabeth1 Sun 28-Mar-21 15:52:11

Where’s my post?

LauraNorder Fri 26-Mar-21 21:35:18

Thank you NanKate.

NannyJan53 Fri 26-Mar-21 17:46:27

Thank you NanKate we are all thinking of her and hoping she is ok.

NanKate Fri 26-Mar-21 17:02:41

Just to let you know I have just emailed Gillybob and sent good wishes to her from 19 of us ! What a great group we are. ?

Taichinan Fri 26-Mar-21 14:03:33

Holly happy birthday for yesterday!
And Muse, Amselerin is a poster I'm missing.

Jaxjacky Fri 26-Mar-21 13:12:42

Laura you must be so pleased to have light without a blue hue and a view.
EV I share your keen sense of smell, I drive DH nuts as like a pointer I stop dead, what’s that smell?. Stood us in good stead when we had a gas leak though.

Nannagarra Fri 26-Mar-21 12:39:20

Ashcombe - love your photos and link to the site. I’m delighted that your DH is about to get a jab. ?
Thinking of Mrgaga, Cherry, dragonfly46, Maw, Hattie and Auntieflo.
Marydoll - keep on posting, sharing and offloading; we’re all here for you, brave lady.
The sun’s now shining. Yes....!

dustyangel Fri 26-Mar-21 12:33:59

It’s no good photos won’t post, I’ll try again later.

dustyangel Fri 26-Mar-21 12:31:27

Good morning all. Another day with the sky covered by cloud not cold though, evthough the thermometer has Ben banished to the north east corner of the house it’s still registering 18.5°. I’ve have some photos of ‘our’ sheep to show you . Not ours at all of course but grazing on our land. That first sheep was definitely a Pinchy at heart. A determined character. The last photograph showing a different time of year show the difficulties the shepherds here have. They walk the sheep in the traditional way.
Grandmafrench I’m enjoying your tales of your work in the pool far more than you are enjoying doing it. It amuses me when people think a swimming pool just sits there and looks after itself. Apart from problems in a country where the earth moves frequently, water is a living entity and changes all the time.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Mar-21 12:24:23

Yes! ‘eat your tea’!! Mum’s didn’t pander in those days and tie themselves in knots did they? haha!

Welcome to you HannahLoisLuke ? that bird box looks very pretty. You are obviously talented. Nice to have you join us!

Blossoming Fri 26-Mar-21 12:18:34

Muse it’s from Weird Fish. I have a few of their summer dresses, they’re good quality organic cotton and wash well.

Beechnut Fri 26-Mar-21 12:14:00

Urmstongran

EV I just ❤️ your sense of humour ‘nose like an anteater’ just had me giggling away! No wonder you’re one of my besties.
?

EV’s ‘Eat your tea’ set me off ?? and before that the mosquitoes jokes from Jax.

CherryCezzy Fri 26-Mar-21 12:06:40

Good morning everyone, well it is still morning as I'm typing. It's turned into a lovely Spring day here in the Gower.
It's been one of those mornings ? for me so I'll catch up and read everyone's posts later as I've only scanned through so far.

dragonfly what shocking news for your friend and her family. You have clearly been shaken by it too. All you can do is be there for her like the good friend you clearly are ?

My thoughts are with Auntieflo today as she gives her dear brother his final send off ?

I hope Louis is making a progressive recovery and I keep him in my thoughts.

Hope you all have a decent Friday, sending positive vibes to those of you currently unwell or going through tough times. Keep safe everyone ❤️

hollysteers Fri 26-Mar-21 12:05:37

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest Lancashire coast. You are sounding cheerful Mick with better prospects on the horizon.
Many thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday, it was lovely even in lockdown as cards, presents and a couple of doorstep visits made the day very enjoyable. My bubbled son came over and cooked spaghetti carbonara, so I was waited on and felt like a Duchess.
I popped round to a friend, son’s godfather, whose wife died recently to take a card and not having seen him for a little while, a completely different person answered the door! White hair, longer and a beard. He looked so handsome and distinguished. He is taking it very well as his wife had been an invalid for years. So as far as appearances go, some people look better and some worse. I feel about 98?
I hope you will be reconciled with your DH soon Ashcombe and thoughts to Cherry for no more seizures, Dragonfly and anyone with worries.

muse Fri 26-Mar-21 11:57:38

Such a lot of good news Gagagran. So lovely to read your post today.
Busy day for us both Grandmafrench. My body is just about holding out. Good job we can get replacement parts. Think I'm due for a knee. What annoys me most mornings is I have to add so much to my body to survive. Contact lenses / hearing aids / part dentures / hand support (some days both hands).
Marydoll. What a brilliant doctor you have. Take care.
Sheep. Looking forward to your cattle photo tomorrow.
Blosssoming . Lovely dress. Is it an M+S one? I love that length.
EV wondrous sense of smell.

Cold start in Cornwall but sunny. I do fear that the rain will be back. Damp walk with `Mya this morning.

Just reading about the changes due next Monday. ~Mick mentioned about travelling further.
The 'stay at home' guidance will also be dropped, and replaced with 'stay local'. However there aren't specified rules on how far someone can travel to meet outdoors.
I love the three different walks I can do with Mya. They are all within 10 mins drive of home (2 on the way to the shops). Does local mean I can now drive 13 miles to our nearest beach? It normally takes me about 25 mins. Mya loves the beach but not the sea. Not been for nearly 5 months. Daughter (51) over the moon. She is getting her first vaccine tomorrow.

Last thought. I continue to be worried when hearing of missed posters.

HannahLoisLuke Fri 26-Mar-21 11:56:04

Morning Mick and everyone. I don’t usually post on this thread but often enjoy reading it. Started wet and windy in Warwick but calmer and brighter now. Finished painting a cheap bird box and about to make some new cushion covers.
Mick, I don’t think you need a new shredder, they all get hot after a few minutes and you have leave them for about thirty minutes to cool dow. Like you I have a pile of shredding to do which will then be added to my compost bin between the layers of grass cuttings.

Taichinan Fri 26-Mar-21 11:42:44

Good morning Mick and your hundreds of followers. Did you know there were 107 posts on this thread yesterday?! I read them all between 2.30 and 4.00 this morning because I was wide awake, and enjoyed them so much. What a 'Thing' you have started. Anyway, it's been a little bit of everything except snow so far this morning on the Angus coast, with sun at the moment and a very strong cold wind. This is just a blip in the weather though - onward and upward towards Spring now.
Grandmafrench you say you love it when mention of a place makes another Gran pop up who knows it. Well, Grandmafrench, today I AM that other Gran. And not once, but twice! The first was mention of Singapore and curries by BlueSapphire. We lived there for a couple of years in the late 60s and the Officers' Mess curries were to die for! So many happy memories came flooding back. Singapore and Malaysia are by far my favourite places on the planet.
Scroll further down and then up pops Nell8 and mention of Newport-on-Tay, where I lived from the age of 8 until I left to go to Singapore with DH! I hazard a guess we are of a different generation though Nell - I don't recall a Nell8 on the school bus to St Andrews ?. Feeling the love, Grandmafrench?!
As usual I can't remember who I wanted to mention on the way through my read. Ash what lovely flowers from your very kind and thoughtful DD. So glad your DH has news of his jab - it must make you both so much more hopeful that the Day of Reunion is not too far off now.
Marydoll you are one very strong, brave lady who I admire greatly. Your DH's stance, head-in-sand, is so understandable, poor soul. Keep up your lovely long posts which do not in the least display one-upmanship - just resilience and humour. ??
So sorry to hear your friend has lost her husband so suddenly Dragonfly. But isn't it wonderful that he had no prolonged suffering and was able to live his life to the last minute. At least it was with that thought that I comforted myself when my dear partner died, and I am still comforted by that. But it is such a shock to those who are left behind. ?
It sounds like little Pinchy may well have to endure her splints for some time, Sheep, but she does seem a happy we thing and growing fast. Good look with the bull and cows later!
Thinking of you as you prepare to move Ekwanimity. It reminds me of the many "March Outs" we did from Married Quarters. At the last one I had somehow missed clearing one drawer in a chest of drawers and I can still picture DH stomping down the road arms overflowing with fancy dress costumes, of all things! He had been sent next door to borrow a duster to dust the offending drawer, and I can tell you he was less than amused!! Sounds like your landlord might have been a Families Officer in a previous life, so good luck.
How lovely that you now have an unobscured view of a non blue tinted world from your windows Lauranorder. A whole new world is out there.
I know I have missed so many 'mentions', but all I can do now is send love and ? and ? to those and their DHs in need of them. Have the best day possible everyone. I'm off now to make myself beautiful acceptable to receive my Tesco delivery. No tai chi outside today! ??--☃️--???

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Mar-21 11:21:33

Oops!! for Dragonfly flowers

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Mar-21 11:20:52

Good Morning all from cloudy Harrogate, we had torrential rain earlier

Marydoll thank you for that info - my DD will, if she hasn't already, lay into them!! My DGS is definitely indiviual, but showing every sign of being as intelligent as the rest. He loves school and is learning. Mind you it could be because all the girls full over him because he is small - what's not to love!!
EkwaNimitee I love Carlisle, its a very compact city with it's gorgeous Museum and Art Gallery. It's one of the halfway places I meet my school friend.
Love the cartoon JJ grin
Oopsadaisy hope it gets easier for your DD
Ashcombe hopefully you can make plans soo to see your DH! My niece who lives in the south of France was all set to get a vac when they withdrew them!! Never heard of the hat wearing to support Brain Tumours, unfortunately I have the choice of hat wearing or hearing. Hats clash with my BAHA Hearing aid.

Elizabeth1 Fri 26-Mar-21 11:18:56

Hi.
nell6 how lovely it is to hear from someone who used to stay quite close it feels like a kinship and the good news is my DSs gp isn’t too concerned about her mole he’s going to lop it off in a few days. Hugs to the thin dog ? please get well soon.

LauraNorder Fri 26-Mar-21 11:10:00

Love the dress Blossoming

Urmstongran Fri 26-Mar-21 11:02:50

EV I just ❤️ your sense of humour ‘nose like an anteater’ just had me giggling away! No wonder you’re one of my besties.
?

hulahoop Fri 26-Mar-21 10:37:26

Good morning from West York's it's raining here this morning not going out anyway .Oh has gone to hospital for procedure today so say here waiting for call when it's over .
Grandmajet hope hope you soon get some answers from multidisciplinary meeting.
Ash good to hear oh is getting first habits a move forward..
Marydoll glad to hear good chat with Dr helped .
Auntie Flo hope you have a better day .

mancgirl Fri 26-Mar-21 10:36:05

Nankate please add my best wishes to Gilly

mancgirl Fri 26-Mar-21 10:33:22

A late good morning from a damp Manchester. I got a new phone on Wednesday so was between the 2 waiting for the switchover. My old phone broke, phone shops not open so went to Tesco. 2 lovely young men had me sorted with a new handset in no time. Not quite no time but they were very patient smileI'm now catching up with 3 days posts. What a lot going on! When I saw 6 pages yesterday, I thought Gilly had returned to us. Always looking out for her - feels like we really shared her life. As I do now when reading all your stories. Marydoll don't be upset, it can't be you. Always entertaining, like lots of posters on here. Love the farmyard stories and all the other chatty posts. Read about your wobble day Urmston I was feeling the same that day. Wondering and worrying will things ever get to some semblance of normality. Anyway, it's Friday, the weekend starts here, as they used to say on Ready, Steady, Go, introduced by my, wish I could look like her, Cathy McGowan. Have a good weekend. I'll get to grips with my new phone. flowers for the those not feeling well, (((hugs))) for those with extra cares and worries.