Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(63 Posts)
Beechnut Sun 28-Mar-21 10:05:07

Hello

moggie57 Sun 28-Mar-21 16:09:56

forgot to put my clocks forward , oh well made the day go quicker. catching up on 402 emails ...

muse Sun 28-Mar-21 16:06:06

Good afternoon everyone. Cold blustery Cornwall.

Not only do I have to cope with loosing an hour, I also lost hours of sleep. Far too much bending yesterday as I wanted to get three plants moved which led to weeding. Sciatic pain really kicked in. Got up at 4:00 to walk around and do some stretches and take pain killers. Managed about 2 hours sleep in the end. Just taken an afternoon nap after a good walk with Mya. No driving as it is aggravating the nerve. Did a couple a laps in wood.

Spent half and hour ordering some more curtain material samples. Put 22 in the basket to then find I'm only allowed to order 10.

Had a very yummy chocolate brownie pudding (Sainsbugs) last night + salted caramel Cornish ice cream. Of course, there will be more tonight.

Off to read everyone's post today. Hope you're back on line Mick

baubles Sun 28-Mar-21 12:51:36

Oh there you all are! Good morning, I mean afternoon from dreich South Lanarkshire.

I’ve just had a very noisy FaceTime chat with DD and a couple of the DGCs. The oldest was delighted that her rugby coach says she’s faster than any boy on the pitch ( she’s the only girl in the team) and that she can run rings round any of them. One of the others was showing me her Minecraft world and the wee one was broom vrooming his cars along the table. Utter chaos but lovely.

I reckon we officially crossed the line yesterday from pet owners to mad dog people as DH paid £2 for a dog ice cream from the cafe in the park. grin She did enjoy it though.

I’m going to read all the posts now but sending good wishes to everyone with sadness, worries, or illness.

Until tomorrow lovely people. flowers???

Taichinan Sun 28-Mar-21 12:49:38

Gingster perhaps the birds are discombobulated by the clock change too! I too am unsure of magpies, no doubt because if the superstitious rhyme. They are very rare round here, but there is one that has been visiting my garden recently - one! - and I do wish he'd bring his mate. A little joy would be lovely!

Gelisajams Sun 28-Mar-21 12:34:39

A late good morning from a wet windy Morecambe Bay. Couldn’t get on earlier. Went off to church for the first time in over 12 months. Didn’t have the confidence to mix in the summer so stayed with zoom. However I do feel more confident having been AZed. We have decided to cautiously venture out.
Take care, stay safe everyone ???

CherryCezzy Sun 28-Mar-21 12:34:38

Afternoon everyone. The Gower is it's default setting of grey today.

I thought t was only me who had a glitch getting on gn this morning but obviously not, perhaps the Spring forward affected them more than it did me? That's not an easy task ?

Haven't been able to read anyone's doings, but I will. Have a decent Sun day ? everyone ❤️

mamaa Sun 28-Mar-21 12:27:06

Morning, well it is still re my body clock! Line Of Duty tonight ( excellent!) so I have posted a cheat sheet (on the tv page) which could be useful to us-re all the acronyms that might be used for reference grin.
I'll attach it here too, for those interested as it'll save having to go over to the other thread. Enjoy...

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 28-Mar-21 12:09:20

Good morning Mick and everyone, I couldn’t get on and then life caught up with me and I’m now having a late coffee.
Dismal and windy here in Oxfordshire today, hopefully better weather in the week.
I know it’s only me but I’m sure if I lived near the coast the weather wouldn’t bother me so much, DH is looking at Summer rents in the U.K. and has shown me several in the Countryside, I told him I’m sick to the teeth of the countryside and if I’m going away it’s to the beach or I’ll stay at home.

So, it seems we aren’t speaking..................

Have a good day everyone and hugs to those who are troubled. Good morning to Maw if she is popping in.

dustyangel Sun 28-Mar-21 11:58:51

I’m glad to see from Gingster’s post that I’m not the only one not able to get in this morning, so a quick ? to you and Mick and I’ll go and catch up with everyone else on however many pages!

dustyangel Sun 28-Mar-21 11:51:39

Good morning all from a blue skied Portugal. I make a point of saying that because for the last few days the sky has been a strange white colour. It didn’t even look like low cloud as you could still see the sun, back to normal today thank goodness.

The owners of house next door came up to work on their drive yesterday afternoon. Senhora is about my age and Senhor is probably ten years older in his late eighties and they both worked for well over three hours.
Their drive has been a glorious mass of grass and wildflowers that I had actually planned to plunder later. I’m glad I wasn’t caught in the act! I don’t think they would have minded but I didn’t have the energy to struggle with a conversation in their very broad Algarvian accents. We’ve struggled a bit over the years as we bought from a cousin in all innocence, the house and fields that they were hoping to aquire. However she was very kind when my son died and called and with no words piled oranges into my hands.
dragonfly I’m sure your friend will value your company on your walk and be able to talk out some of her shock.

Gingster Sun 28-Mar-21 11:47:43

Hello Mick ?

Gingster Sun 28-Mar-21 11:45:20

Good morning and another one here discombobulated by not being able to get gransnet. Oh dear, are we addicted!

I was woken at 5 (yesterday’s time) by magpies having a hoe down on the roof. There must be moss up there for them to peck at. Not keen on magpies! ?. Also seagulls screeching - we’re 5 miles from the sea so don’t know why they e come inland and then a gaggle of geese flying over . What’s going on with these birds!

Going for a coffee in DS1’s garden soon. It’s looking a bit overcast so we’ll wrap up warm and enjoy a short visit.

Little GD came for an afternoon of fun while DD worked yesterday. She’s full on and bright as a little button. We played the game Guess Who and I was charmed when she asked ‘has your person got light skin or dark skin’ . A sweet way of putting it, I thought.

I hope Mick comes on to say good morning ?

Have a lovely walk with your sad friend dragonfly . It will cheer her Im Sure. ?

Have a restful day Marydoll. ?

Take care..... we’re nearly there ???

GrannySomerset Sun 28-Mar-21 11:41:49

Despite losing an hour’s sleep I have adjusted all the clocks which need it, including the one in the car (normally leave it on GMT all year but got caught out by that), done two loads of washing and put tonight’s supper I the slow cooker. Now waiting for a man to advise on replacing our very necessary outside blinds. Suspect it will be an expensive upgrade but hand cranking them is becoming too hard so just pushing a button indoors would be wonderful.

Sorry Marydoll is still feeling fragile but hope we all have as good a day as we can.

Alygran Sun 28-Mar-21 11:38:14

Urmston I can recommend Monterey. DD2 and I stayed there on our drive from San Fransisco to LA in 2019.

Urmstongran Sun 28-Mar-21 11:29:12

I’d forgotten it was the Grand Prix this afternoon at 4pm Ashcombe. Himself loves it. I think it’s boring and would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch it! Mind you, I have my box series to continue so I’m a happy bunny.

270 stitches per row BlueSapphire? OMG, Give that woman a medal for sheer perseverance! I’d have no patience.
?

aggie Sun 28-Mar-21 11:26:50

Good Morning , don’t like this hour change , it takes me forever to drop the jet lag feeling , and it’s a wet Sunday !
Maw ??

EkwaNimitee Sun 28-Mar-21 11:24:55

Good morning, Mick and everyone from a wet Cumbrian coast. It's now making an attempt to brighten up.
I'm another who has tried for hours to get on only to get the bad gateway message. Did changing the clocks upset things?
I got up at my usual time but an hour earlier, you know what I mean!
Although my removers will be doing the packing , I have made a start on packing my clothes which has made me think I have far too many for my current style of life. Much was acquired for holidays and for trips out with my late DH. I should have a clear out but I can't bear to, I like them.
Getting at my suitcases meant heaving some heavy boxes about which has made me a bit wobbly. It's a good reason to resume my latest read. At a bargain price, I acquired the complete works of Conan Doyle for my Kindle. He didn't only chronicle Sherlock Holmes and write a novel or two, he wrote a lot! I'm reading one of these forgotten works and very good it is too. All the more interesting because it is set fairly near here, on the Wigtownshire coast.
I'll leave you all to hopefully enjoy the remainder of the day.

Kalu Sun 28-Mar-21 11:22:44

Morning everyone from a blustery Glasgow.

Plan for today, one thing at least, is to give my car a good run.
Driving around, within our LA boundary with nowhere to go except back home is now classed as a day out. ?No Particular Place To Go? is playing in my head at the moment. ?

Have a pleasant Sunday all. Hoping your enforced, literally, day of rest help you to feel a bit stronger Marydoll ?
Maw ?

ginny Sun 28-Mar-21 11:15:15

Good Morning. I’ve missed a couple of days , just didn’t feel up to much. Will catch up with all the news later.

Very breezy here in N. Bucks , dry but dull.
Nothing happening today, so I’ll get on with some crochet and maybe finish a book. ‘The Midnight Library ‘.
Hope you all find a ? today.

Blossoming Sun 28-Mar-21 11:05:14

Good morning all from a rainy Lancashire. As usual when the clocks change my body hasn’t caught up yet! I remembered to change the bedroom clock last night, everything else adjusts itself, isn’t technology wonderful? Anyway, I’m up, showered and dressed, n one of Mr. B’s old t-shirts and some yoga pants. Now enjoying a lovely mug full of tea and reading all your posts. We tested the new Ninja yesterday evening and it was most impressive, lovely chips fluffy on the inside and crispy on the edges.

Have a peaceful Sunday all flowers

grandMattie Sun 28-Mar-21 11:02:54

Good morning from a dry E Kent. There is a veil of cloud over the whole sky, which is now colouring peach in the dawn.

Thank you for all your generous offers to support Iris' walk. There is nothing set up yet, and she is still "in training" as her arms get very tired using crutches. Previously, she has preferred to hop or zoom around with her walker. I promise I’ll let you know on this thread when anything is set up – most likely in the Easter holidays.

Don’t know what is going on but I am having a lot of trouble logging in today. Finally logged in late, so shall read the posts in a minute.

Thought this might cheer people up.

Palm Sunday today. There is a service in the churchyard, but as there will no doubt be no singing, and I get terribly cold hanging around, we have watched DD online again.

Another day full of nothing. I am now assembling the squares for DGS’s quilt. He will love it – but being a teenage boy, very little causes him any visible emotion!

May your day be filled with sunshine and I hope you find an elusive flamingo in the emotional shade. X

Taichinan Sun 28-Mar-21 11:02:46

Morning Mick - glad you're there. Was it your email to Gransnet that got that pesky gate opened I wonder? Enjoy your walk Dragonfly ?
Good to hear of all the second jabbers Gagagran - not a dicky bird about them up here yet.

Urmstongran Sun 28-Mar-21 10:59:37

An ‘enforced’ late good morning from south Manchester where it’s raining. So different to yesterday’s glorious sunshine! I’ve just put beef & ale (a lá Delia) on a low light in the oven. Stepfather joins us around 1pm. Drinks first (mandatory) then food.

The last couple of days I’ve been binge watching ‘Big Little Lies’ and really enjoying it! I’m on series 2 of 2 (only half a dozen episodes in each) and the talented Meryl Streep has entered as the mother in law from hell. Excellent. I read the book by Lianne Moriarty years ago. She had it set in Oz but this production has it set in Monterey. Ooh, I’d like to visit. No better still I’d like a beach house there too! Imagine coming down your back steps to feel the sand under your feet with panoramic views of the ocean. Oh well, back to real life ...

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Good luck GG13 with that book. I thought it was pretty dire. Over-hyped nonsense and the ending was a muddle. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Nannagarra Sun 28-Mar-21 10:56:44

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is wet, an advantage for the gardener.
Been trying for flippin’ hours to get on this site!
Hope you had a better day yesterday, Marydoll, and that things settle for you.
Have the best day you can everyone.
?????

Grammaretto Sun 28-Mar-21 10:56:42

I have only just tried to log on but had an error message a couple of times.
A harsh wind today in the Scottish Borders.
I know what you mean about facemasks Gwenisgreat1. I must revisit some of mine or make some new ones.

I have 2 zoom meetings today. I would so much prefer to be able to sit around and chat properly, with a cuppa and put the world to rights..
Have a good day everyone