Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Mon 29-Mar-21 06:08:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start but looks dry out there in Brackley this morning.
Today , small shop early , then some housework , lunch, a nap ,as no cycling on TV until midweek nothing much.
I am looking forward towards the coming days , when I will local travel in a way on the buses , and hopefully see people I have not seen since late last year .
Take Care ,
Mick

Craftycat Mon 29-Mar-21 10:46:43

Sunny in Surrey & the washing is on the line!

Urmstongran Mon 29-Mar-21 10:32:02

Hi Grannyme! ??

muse Mon 29-Mar-21 10:29:40

Good Morning from a grey Cornwall. I was hoping for sunshine. Perhaps later.
Slightly better night. Being surrounded by cushions helped with support. Woke up a few times but repositioned myself and back to sleep. Got through with no painkillers.
Marydoll that plug hole sounds cavernous grin. Well done with your eyebrows.
Jax. Seen the lovely news of your win (inheritance) comp. grin
GrandmaFrench. I love to hear MrM singing. He has a very melodic deep baritone voice.

Now we can all travel for miles and miles ! I can't ! Must wait till the sciatica eases as it's so painful to drive. Sod's law. Walks and stretches are lined up for the day. Catching up with LoD this morning. Recorded it as I needed an early night. So tired.

Welcome to the newcomers. There seems to be a lot at the moment, Stay safe everyone,

Mapleleaf Mon 29-Mar-21 10:20:46

Good morning all.
It's bright and blustery in South Yorkshire but not cold - a nice drying day, which is a good thing as I've got a load almost ready to go out.
May potter in the garden today. Looking forward to seeing my friend for coffee in the garden later this week. It's meant to warm up nicely for the next few days, so the ideal time to do it now we are allowed ?.
Take care everyone, and welcome Grandmadinosaur.

hulahoop Mon 29-Mar-21 10:13:00

Hi from West York's it's still windy but it's supposed to pick up in next few days .We will hopefully sit outside even though nobody can come in .Your eyebrow saga made me smile marydoll.Take care everyone ?

BlueSapphire Mon 29-Mar-21 10:09:08

A late good morning from a grey and windy Northampton. Nothing much to report here, another Groundhog Day really.

Had a walk to the postbox yesterday and attempted to use the cashpoint but annoyingly it was out of service. May ask DD to stop at one for me at the weekend.

Expecting a parcel from Boots this morning - decided to treat myself to some new beauty products last week, so will be looking forward to trying them out. Not that I'm going anywhere for anyone to see the new me!

Hope everyone meeting family, friends or going out today has a lovely time. Take care.

EllanVannin Mon 29-Mar-21 10:09:05

Good Morning All x.
Thank goodness the wind's dropped. It's 12 degrees at present so positively hot compared to last week. The cats are affected by the wind and were unsettled so I was up in the early hours as one of them had misplaced the net curtain rod so I had to get the step-stool to put it back in place.

The cat had been hankering to get out so I let it out of the window and the other two followed. It was blowing a galeinside until they came back in. They were pests

Washing will blow nicely today, neighbour left hers out yesterday all night and it's all wrapped round the line. grin

A bit of tidying up then a short walk to the post box so nothing strenuous. Could do with washing my hair while the atmosphere is warm as it takes ages to dry. Then I must phone D to see if she's got a free hour to take me for my 2nd jab on Wednesday. If so, we might even get to go to M&S for Easter shopping while we're at it.

Hope everyone gets their appointments over and done with in readiness for a family meet-up weekend. I'd like a change of scenery to see the GGC at D's house as Ruby-Lou will be staying for the weekend.

Have a good day all, take care and stay safe. xx

Welcome to Grandmadinosaur flowers

dustyangel Mon 29-Mar-21 10:05:35

Good mooring all, cloud at the moment but the sun should break through soon. I’ve only read as far as Ashcombe’s second post before I need to join in! I too love that poem and need to say it to myself if I see the moon in the night. But as for showing the Fridge who is the boss ....I opened ours yesterday evening and the handle which is known to be weak snapped off in my hand. According to DH, I was standing in the wrong place! And holding the wrong part of the plastic handle! . It has been working well and being a large fridge freezer will not be cheap to replace. I suspect that if it can’t be mended it will be opened by loosening the seal until we find a good alternative.
I shall find that smile by catching up with the rest of you.

Grannyme6 Mon 29-Mar-21 09:58:53

Good morning everyone. Dry here in Essex, but yet to see the sun.
Thanks for the nudge Urmston, I’m still here but have very little to contribute at the moment - knee deep in chaos with two rooms emptied whilst DH decorates - a shame the project wasn’t started weeks ago when we couldn’t go anywhere. Hey-ho, hopefully it won’t be long before we’re straight again.
We’ve had problems with our push down - pop up plug in our downstairs loo *Marydoll’. I finally managed to unscrew the top having drenched the area with Viakal. The basin is useable of course but doesn’t look great without the ‘plug’.
My good wishes to all.

Urmstongran Mon 29-Mar-21 09:58:52

Well I’ve been on another thread GrandmaFrench this morning and taken a right battering - for daring to say the covid situation is bad in France.

Kalu Mon 29-Mar-21 09:56:29

I liked your telling me to behave Marydoll. ? cheeky besom, you are the world’s worst for behaving! It appears the day has arrived when I will have to make do with tapping my feet and a bit of body shoogling ! I have visions of us supporting each other to enjoy our coffee meet up. My knee is louping. Ouch! Sonos and Spotify ?

Singing and dancing is so therapeutic Grandmafrench. I sing in the car too. Other driver must surely think I have lost the plot which I have during this pandemic. I will take some fun wherever I find it. ??
I am in touch with friends and neighbours in Southern Provence who despair at the current situation there.
Fingers crossed all goes well for Ludo. ?

Taichinan Mon 29-Mar-21 09:54:07

Good morning Mick and all who have followed. It's very windy on the Angus coast (and forecast to get windier) but surprisingly warm. I've been noticing that bright white moon the past couple of nights Gagagran but have never heard of "Worm Moon". Somehow I don't equate worms with a moon - I shall Google it later to find out why.
Isn't it lovely how poems we were made to learn at school come back to us now. My favourite is "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness ....."
DGD had a lovely time at her 'party in the barn' on Saturday night. She sent me lots of photos (a much censored selection I'm sure!) of them with some horses, and also with a new born lamb. I rather think this was before the music and wine started flowing! I told her I met her Grandpa at a 21st birthday party in a cow byre - but that's another story!
Lots of little jobs to get on with today, none of them connected and leading naturally from one to another, so a list has been made. Now all I have to do is remember to look at it!
Have the best day you can everyone. The end seems very much in sight for you all in England and I hope you all enjoy your regained freedom and the sun shines and the flowers bloom.? for whom this time is difficult, and for everyone ????

GrannyOwl5 Mon 29-Mar-21 09:50:17

Morning everyone from the sunshine coast of north Kent. Mild with a clear blue sky. Welcome Grandama?

Exciting day ahead. DH is off this afternoon to play golf with his golfing mates. There’s been lots of excited texts, polishing of golf shoes and clubs. Have to be careful when in the garden that I don’t get my head taken off by energetic practice swings.

My exciting news is..... I am going out ?. I am getting into my car this afternoon and driving to DD’s house on the other side of town. DH will meet me there and we will have an outdoor meal with DD and family. Will wash and clean my car this morning in celebration!

Hope you all have a good Monday. Stay safe

Urmstongran Mon 29-Mar-21 09:33:22

Your eyebrow tale made me laugh Marydoll! I read once re eyebrows that they don’t have to look like twins but should at least look like siblings!!
??

Pittcity Mon 29-Mar-21 09:30:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Going to be warm here for the next few days so I've got washing on to hang out.
Only one delivery to wait for today, a new loo seat!
Once that has arrived we're going to arrange to meet two DGS who are staying with their other grandparents for some of the school holidays. They happen to live about 5 minutes from the park too, but on the other side. It's a big park. Our first group of 6 in the lockdown easing.

Much love to all x

EkwaNimitee Mon 29-Mar-21 09:26:27

Good morning, Mick and everyone and welcome to Grannydinosaur!
It's a dull grey morning here on the Cumbrian coast and rather breezy. No sun today, I think.
I didn't have a good start this morning, I rang for a appointment with the doctor. Normally, the phone is answered right away and you get an appointment in 3-4 days time. Now, you have to start ringing at 8am and when you get through, the appointment will be that day. Naturally, everyone is doing that so you generally don't get through until all the appointments have gone maybe after half an hour or so of re-dialling. I had this at my previous GP and it was deeply frustrating . I told the receptionist that it was a retrograde step and she agreed. The staff are rather disgruntled about it but can do nothing. Several local practices have amalgamated so I suppose this is the result. Do they ever listen to the opinions of those below on the front line...the receptionists and patients?!
Meanwhile, it's laundry and housework day with a bit of clothes packing. Ashcombe, I am having the removers do the packing with the exception of my clothes so life should be easier. They have supplied me with suitable boxes for my personal stuff but the amount of clothes! I am going to have to toughen up and get rid of some when the charity shops re-open but that's after I move unfortunately .
Wishing you all some sunshine today, literally or otherwise.

Greyduster Mon 29-Mar-21 09:12:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it's breezy. DH has just had a text inviting him to book his second vaccination, so I expect I shall get mine soon as we both had the first on the same day. Cleaning and ironing for me today, and washing down the garden furniture as DS and his missus are visiting on Wednesday. It's a year since we were last together.
Welcome to you Grandmadinosaur! Have a good start to your week folks.

Grandmafrench Mon 29-Mar-21 09:11:01

Good Morning everyone from sunny and blue ??.

Well, big day has arrived for lots of you and certainly Lins who had a head start on all ‘the Rosbifs’ in England. (We’re not called that any more in France - not since Mad Cow Disease in my experience!)

Welcome Grandma?, may you have some fun on this thread. Did you mention the region you’re posting from? Sorry if you did...if I go back to check, I’ll lose this post.

Oh Kalu not even a little harmless fun allowed. That’s so unfair. I’ve done it to a foot on more than one occasion. I now sometimes need to dance (and sing) in the car. Empty road, sunny day, great music.....even get DH to join in! I know.....but age and shoe sizes are easy to confuse, and in this weird life, I’ll take as many daft moments of fun that come my way, thank you.

I hardly dare say it, but I am concerned that another lockdown may be coming our way here ?. Truly hope I’m wrong but what about a vaccination programme, chaps? Is that too much to ask? A small child or even a monkey might have worked out the link by now. In the meantime and whilst everyone’s flexing their muscles, bragging, threatening, and sniping like teenagers the figures are just going up and up.

I’m off to catch some rays in the garden. And phone the Vet to make arrangements for another battery of tests for Ludo. Need to get his meds right.

Have a good day, everyone. I absolutely insist - find those smiles and enjoy! To all who can’t, who are sad or unwell, please catch my warm wishes and hugs coming your way.

Keep Safe! ????‍♀️?

Gelisajams Mon 29-Mar-21 09:09:37

Good morning from a windy Morecambe Bay. It’s calming down a bit now after keeping me awake howling during the night.I’m sure our timber framed house was shaking!
I’ve got a couple of severe eczema patches which are not being soothed by any lotions or potions at the moment so that didn’t help me to sleep either.
Going into church was strange yesterday after doing zoom for the last year. I didn’t have the confidence to go during the few weeks in summer when it was allowed. Our area always had a lot of cases. Thankfully numbers here are quite low at the moment.
Not much planned for today. Maybe a trip to the garden centre. That always cheers me up even if it doesn’t do my bank balance any good.
Glad to see Marydoll is up to posting a novella! Don’t overdo it!
Take care, stay safe everyone and hopefully you will all find a flamingo ???

Gingster Mon 29-Mar-21 09:06:14

Good morning and it’s greyish skyes here in Essex. Hopefully the sun is on its way?. DD and smallest Gd have an arranged picnic in the park with other mums and friends from school, so I hope the weather stays fine for them.

Had a lovely coffee catch up in DS1’s garden yesterday (a day early as they will be working this week) . The girls 11 and 14 had grown into young women . It’s amazing how much you miss not seeing them for a few months. One of the twin GS’s popped round to pick up some batteries for his game. He too has grown like a weed and now towers over us. Poor little old grannies that we are ?

I was dozing in the armchair last evening and DH came through telling me to come into the garden to see the moon. It was bright as a beacon and popped out of the clouds to show its face. Brilliant. ! ?

The spice confusion reminded me of years ago when my DM made a bread pudding. Her baking was always a bit or hit or miss, but this was a beauty - moist and full of fruit . .... until we tasted it. ‘Mum’ I said ‘did you put curry powder in this, instead of cinnamon?’ We all saw the funny side as did she. We still talk about it some 30 years on.

Isn’t sociability a strange thing! My DH gets more unsociable as he gets older. Lockdown has suited him down to the ground. I’m super sociable and love nothing more than to be with family and friends, always on the look out for joining different groups or clubs. In the main, we do our own thing but it can cause disputes with gatherings and invitations. ?

I’ve started watching Big Little Lies Urms and enjoying it. I like a recommendation.

Wishing you all a ‘good ‘day
????

Anniebach Mon 29-Mar-21 09:04:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannySomerset Mon 29-Mar-21 08:55:57

Second jab for me later this morning in our local surgery, so a really happening day for once. DH gets his on Thursday and is very keen though it won’t make a huge difference to the way we live. Looking forward to having neighbours in for a garden cuppa if nothing else!

Meanwhile I had better get the day started or nothing will happen.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 29-Mar-21 08:53:37

Morning Mick and all

Well what an eventful day we had yesterday, DD rang at lunchtime in tears she had rolled her ankle on the stairs and was unable to weight bare, so DH took her to A & E I had the imp fortunately no break but torn ligaments and crutches for up to six weeks!!! They have moved in as she cannot cope with a 14 month imp a six yr old whilst being in pain on crutches!!!!

Off to sort out the imp!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Susan56 Mon 29-Mar-21 08:49:37

Good morning from Shropshire.

Welcome Grandmadinosaur??

Today is my in-laws 70th wedding anniversary??Ten years ago we had a lovely meal to celebrate with the whole extended family.This year we have arranged to have a welsh afternoon tea delivered, hope no one else has had the same idea!

Hopefully a quiet day today getting ready for our early start tomorrow.

Hoping Cherry and Mary have both had a restful night and are feeling brighter.

Have a good day all and thinking of all with illness,worries or sadness.??

Alygran Mon 29-Mar-21 08:47:38

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Dark clouds and high winds again today. The weather looks better from tomorrow.
The river burst its banks yesterday and the path I used on Saturday was under water. I think it must have been snowy up in the dale again.
Off to the garden Center this morning then to collect a couple of new jumpers I ordered on Saturday.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.