Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Wed 31-Mar-21 06:10:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another twilight start here in Brackley this morning but remains dry.
Yesterdays trip out went OK , called in the bakery shop I use when there cafe is open and got some Hot X buns .
Did a small shop in Sainsburys , anyway noticed the lack of new potatoes on the shelves ,normally by now we would have Jerseys royals on the shelves but nothing yet .
I brought myself a new paper shredder , people were out as seats in the town centre were busy .
Take Care,
Mick

LauraNorder Wed 31-Mar-21 14:09:03

Marydoll, very brave in so many ways

LauraNorder Wed 31-Mar-21 14:08:18

For Auntieflo practicing last year at RAF Valley, Anglesey

grandMattie Wed 31-Mar-21 13:40:58

Well done “coming out”, Marydoll. It must have been exhausting acting “fine” all the time.
Regarding hot cross buns, I make the dough in the machine. Easy.
And the bread maker, I have trained my own DH to make his own bread by printing out the quantities in minute detail and laminating the sheet. Job done!

Nannagarra Wed 31-Mar-21 13:02:37

You're such a brave lady, Marydoll. Now that you've been honest you may feel under less pressure. Have a good day. xxx
brew smile

EkwaNimitee Wed 31-Mar-21 12:42:29

Well, it's Good afternoon really from a brilliantly sunny and warm Cumbrian coast. I've been a busy bee from quite early on that's why I'm late. I just wanted to wish Marydoll the best possible day. Marydoll, your 'novellas' would grace a newspaper column...perhaps you should have taken up journalism!

Blossoming Wed 31-Mar-21 11:59:10

I’m glad you’ve spoken to the clinic about your post-vaccine symptoms EllenVanin . You were so very poorly, I wouldn’t be too keen on a second jab in your position. I hope they can sort this out for you flowers

Auntieflo Wed 31-Mar-21 11:42:59

Good morning*Mick*, Annie and all.
Great excitement in the AF house this morning, as The Red Arrows were due to fly over at around 11.10. So opened the front door so that we could hear them coming, and there they were, and gone in a few seconds. DH managed to snap a couple of shots on his phone. Well done DH.
There were 9 planes in formation, 5 at the front and 4 behind.
That's my excitement for today, done and dusted.
DH is off for his 2nd covid jab soon, in town, and we will do a couple of errands.
Marydoll, so brave of you to do all the explaining at long last.
flowers for you.
S&C, your bull will be much happier now he has comfy feet. Well done the hoof man foe spotting the problem.

Stilllearning Wed 31-Mar-21 11:35:02

A late good morning from sunny S Lanarkshire, hooray, even if it’s only for today.
Happy Birthday Gelisajams, have a lovely day.
What a beautiful place to have a caravan Ashcombe, and glad you were able to catch problems in time.
A lovely gesture to Iris sheep I’ll bet she’ll be thrilled when she finds out.
Well done your GD, Kalu, something to make you happy too.
I meant to say after you told us about your knee that I am being more careful now when I secretly dance along with the Red Nuns Jerusalema video someone sent me? I want to teach/stun my grandchildren when we eventually get together!
Marydoll you are having such a tough time, I can only say you are added to my list x
Enjoy the good weather everyone

muse Wed 31-Mar-21 11:31:31

Marydoll. These days, I'm a big advocate of saying "I am not OK" to my family. I do choose the time though. I don't want to burden them if they have their own ailments and worries.
There was a thread a while back about saying we are not OK. Your time is now to say that. We hide things too much from others.

GrandmaFrench glad the fog has disappeared. Our local forecast said last night it had been 23° in Cornwall yesterday. In our little patch of Cornwall it was that for about a couple of hours then cloud and 13° the rest of the day. Warm today but cloud cover. Thank you for your ever thoughtful posts.

Grandmabatty. Any whisky + Ginger Wine is MrM's favourite tipple.
Grandmajet ? Brilliant

The night's sleep gets better. Going to start on weeding the rockery today. Just 1/2 hr x 2. Might do the 25 min drive to the north coast tomorrow if I cope with the weeding today. Mya deserves a walk on path that over looks my favourite beach.

Thinking of those whose shielding ends tomorrow. Take care.

hollysteers Wed 31-Mar-21 10:58:19

Good morning Mick and all from a bright Lancashire northwest coast. Sounds as if you had a successful venture out Mick. Hopefully life is going to get even more exciting in the coming days, as long as the continent bucks its ideas up and gets its numbers down.
I was sorry to read about Pinchy and Bull Sheep. I once fancied a farmer as a young thing ,but glad nothing came of it. I like to gaze at the countryside rather than get up early and all that goes with it.
Lovely day in the garden yesterday, reading and ruminating.
Today is the final entry day for an open art exhibition, so have photographed and measured my opus. It will be an online exhibition, so that’s new, Can’t wait to get back to gallery visiting (and their cafes!) Its rather hazy now, so maybe no sunbathing today.
Hope Marydoll feels better and thoughts to anyone troubled.
Will read through later, it’s become a must do!
Book, cat and sun in garden yesterday

EllanVannin Wed 31-Mar-21 10:55:41

Good Morning All x.
Another beauty out there, more washing to make the most of it.
It's my second jab today and I'm so apprehensive and anxious because of how I was less than a week after the first. It's really scaring me to think that it has also affected a few more with blood clots. I wish I'd told the GP when it happened. It was too much of a coincidence that my previous and last hospitalisation for A/Fib had been December 2019-----then perfectly fine until February this year, which was worse with pains down both arms and dizziness that lasted 3 weeks.
Was it worth it ? To my mind, no. It scares me.

I'm going to have to phone the medical centre up I think before I work myself up into a frenzy and explain to them just what happened.
I've actually just rang the centre and have to go and discuss the reaction with them. Ah well, it's better than not turning up.

Trust me to be different !!
Anyway, time for me to speak up I suppose as I never go near a GP, but I'd be happier without a second jab.

At least it sounds as though Bogdon's been sorted out, thank goodness. Poor thing must have felt uncomfortable for a long time so good on the vet for finding out the problem. They're cleverer than GP's because their "patients" can't speak to tell them what's wrong. Plenty in store for Sheepandcattle to keep her out of mischief now grin.

After getting all geared up for my bus ride to the bank yesterday, when I got there it was closed ! At least the cash machine was working. I'd even looked online beforehand at the opening hours but there was no indication that it was closed on a Tuesday, until I read the faded notice on the door of the bank. I then just got the bus straight home because there was a lot of people about.

I then had a bite to eat and sat in the garden for the rest of the afternoon chatting to neighbours.

Anyway, hope everyone's well, and rest up Marydoll don't do any more than you need to do. Take care and stay safe xx

gillgran Wed 31-Mar-21 10:42:49

Sorry, I got all my symbols muddled.! Marydoll&All, flowers. x

Kalu Wed 31-Mar-21 10:39:46

Marydoll, you made the right decision telling friends and family what your situation is. It saddens me this is something you have had to do dear friend. ?

gillgran Wed 31-Mar-21 10:39:22

Good morning to you all from a sunny, warm Cambs.,

[flowers} for *Marydoll" & all of you with extra worries.

Take Care Folks

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 31-Mar-21 10:36:56

Marydoll you may be raging but you are also very brave. RA is a dreadful disease. The relief you must feel after taking the hard step of telling your family must be immense. You’ve given them the opportunity to spoil you, and no doubt they will be doing so with gusto.

It’s a cloudy but warm day in North Hampshire. To my delight as I’m really not at all green fingered, some seeds that are being nurtured on my windowsill have started to grow! Now I feel encouraged to plant some more. I just wish I enjoyed gardening like so many of you, but sadly, as most of my efforts seemed doomed to failure, I’ve just never got the hang of it. Now I need to find out what to do with them next!

Wishing you all, wherever you are, a good day and a riot of flamingos ??

Marydoll Wed 31-Mar-21 10:36:33

grandmajet use these symbols -- on either side of the sentence/ word you wish to strike through. No spaces on either side of the word, but spaces between the symbols. - -.

Blossoming Wed 31-Mar-21 10:33:39

Good morning all, another sunny day in Lancashire. I slept well last night, hope things are now settling down again. Or maybe it’s because I didn’t climb any ladders. Mr. B bought some hot cross buns with apple and cinnamon yesterday. We had them for tea last night, It was so hot here we didn’t feel like eating a heavy meal.

Glad people mostly enjoyed their trips out yesterday, I really do feel more hopeful this week.

CherryCezzy Wed 31-Mar-21 10:32:41

Marydoll, for once I have no tales to tell (probably a relief to some readers). Yes, but only because you had the rest you need! You did the difficult but necessary thing yesterday telling your family the depths of your illness ???????

Grandmafrench, you know what they say (whoever they are) - it's important to have sense and it's good to have humour ?. Thank you for the hug, you are always so kind ?

grandmajet Wed 31-Mar-21 10:26:10

hello Just checking I’ve learned to do bold!
Can’t get strike through though! Can anyone help?

dustyangel Wed 31-Mar-21 10:00:59

Good morning all, a much brighter day but very windy and the question is do I sweep up the orange sand left by a five minute shower yesterday,(that tanker must have shifted a lot of dust) or wait for the promised downpour tomorrow?

Grandmafrench Wed 31-Mar-21 09:52:40

Sun out like magic.Deep blue skies, no more fog.
grandmajet what are you like? ? ?
I heartily second your comment to Mary. Have an easy day with your Blackpool illuminations, Marydoll, one of your lovely family will be able to locate some buns - no need for tiring times in the kitchen. Save your energy for supervising! ?
Cherry your sense of humour trumps everything. Hugs to you.
harri the moment I hear “should have”, my hackles are up and fire-breathing is imminent. So pleased that compassion and actual common sense saved your DH’s day. ??

hulahoop Wed 31-Mar-21 09:50:33

It's a beautiful morning here in York's Marydoll it must have been a hard day for you yesterday but you have done it now hope it's a weight off your shoulders .
Happy birthday Gelisjam ??.It's lovely to hear people are meeting up ,but I must confess to feeling a bit jealous I shake myself and tell myself it's only 2weeks some some people have a lot longer .
Have a good day ???

baubles Wed 31-Mar-21 09:49:57

Marydoll, I took so long typing my post that yours appeared in the interim. It’s a good thing to have shared the extent of your illness with your family and friends, you shouldn’t carry that burden alone.

You are one brave woman. flowers

GrannyGravy13 Wed 31-Mar-21 09:41:35

Marydoll I do think this pandemic has made a fair few of us contemplate our own mortality. You dear lady have been very brave keeping the extent of your illnesses to yourself, it’s now time to share your load with family and friends who love you dearly ????

Marydoll Wed 31-Mar-21 09:40:34

Thank you all you lovely people, I'm not brave at all, just blooming raging at what this invidious and destructive RA is silently, stealthily and invidiously doing to me!

It has been exhausting, covering up. My friends were concerned that I was avoiding them, thought I didn't want their friendship and it was making things worse, when I actually needed them. However, being the special friends they are, they never gave up on me!
I thought I was protecting my family, but I wasn't. They have been worried sick, not knowing is worse.

Most of my life was spent looking after my elderly, (married late in life) demanding and cold parents and I didn't want that life for my own children.
So here is my advice, Carpe Diem, don't waste a moment of your life and make the best of what you have.
I would never verbalise this to anyone, so thank you you for indulging me!

On a lighter note, we have no bread, so I have just instructed MrMD (lots of huffing and puffing) on how to use the breadmaker. That was first and hopefully not the last! grin.
We are under a new regime. I wonder how long before the troops rebel and there is a coup! ?