Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Monday

(102 Posts)
12Michael Mon 05-Apr-21 06:07:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight situ outside but dry here at the moment here in Brackley , the forecast is for wintry showers for next few days .
Whether they appear locally is to be seen.
My day , will consist of a small shop early , followed by coffee and bickys.
Housework is immanent, with laundry and having brought a new shredder, get rid of allot of older documents .
Take Care,
Mick

Ellianne Mon 05-Apr-21 11:08:52

Thank you for the welcome. Sounds a nice thing to do.

Callistemon Mon 05-Apr-21 11:07:08

Good morning Mick and everyone. It is chilly here in S Wales but no snow and the sun is trying to break through.

We had a good number in church yesterday for the first of two celebrations of Mass.
You didn't get thrown out by the police, then Ashcombe like the worshippers at the Good Friday vigil in London?

I feel as if I need a trip to a garden centre too but may leave it for a few days in case there is a queue outside - we seem to have lost plants too, Marydoll and have gaps to fill. We need to decide what thrives best here which means nothing out of the ordinary!

Best wishes to all and especially to harrigran's DS and others who are unwell or suffering.

kittylester Mon 05-Apr-21 11:04:59

Good morning and welcome Ellieanne and olddudders.

When Mick first started his Gm thread in the dim and distant past (i think he came to GN from another forum where he had done a similar thing) people were very succinct in their posts. Usually just a greeting, a weather report and brief plans. The posts are much more expansive nowadays.

brook2704 Mon 05-Apr-21 11:01:10

A very warm welcome Ellianne it’s good that you can join us. It’s a lovely friendly thread kindly started by mick every morning
Yes just post whatever you like, most of us say a little bit about the weather and whatever plans we have for the day. Don’t worry though if you’ve nothing much planned as that’s ok too, just popping in to say hello is fine

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Apr-21 10:55:37

Hi Ellianne this is a lovely gentle friendly thread where we all look out for each other. Occasionally have a moan about our partners (good heartedly).

Ashcombe Mon 05-Apr-21 10:52:42

Welcome, Ellianne!

It’s a ritual with the folk on here to give a weather update from their part of the world (at least one poster is from down under) Other than that, we share plans for the day, family, hobby and health news plus, of course, photos.

It helps to start my day and I love the gentle ambience and supportive nature of the other posters. I hope you find it a pleasant place to be, too.

Nannagarra Mon 05-Apr-21 10:49:14

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is bright, windy and definitely not ‘sitting outside weather’.
Welcome oldudders. (I need to be more alert/attend the Marydoll Detective Agency as I hadn’t made the connection.) I must say your quilt is adorable Scentia. harrigran, I’m rooting for your DS and hope he’s soon well enough to return home.
Nothing much on the agenda here. I’m off to track down a flamingo and hope you do too.
?????

Nannytopsy Mon 05-Apr-21 10:46:37

Morning all! Another late starter here. DH has The Goons on very loudly, while he unpacks and reloads the dishwasher. DS et al came for a roast dinner yesterday and we just made so much mess!
There was snow in the air earlier but now it’s windy and I expect it’s cold. We have indoor jobs planned - the window cleaner is coming tomorrow so I must clean inside!
I have a pattern and a pretty cotton lawn so later I will cut out a summer dress for DGD. She expects it to magically appear ?.
Welcome Olddudders - we stayed overnight in Le Mans on our way to the Loire on our last visit to France. Oh for another visit!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Ellianne Mon 05-Apr-21 10:43:43

Good morning. I've never posted on this thread before but was drawn in by the Easter greeting. Now I see there are lovely photos too (and I love pictures) so can I join in occasionally too?
Is it early morning greetings about the weather and the day ahead?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 05-Apr-21 10:37:55

Our garden visit to DS has been posted, we now have snow flurries ❄️❄️ It’s not settling but not conducive to sitting outside???

Marydoll Mon 05-Apr-21 10:32:04

* Kalu*, MrMD already has McLaren's on the Calendar!
Oh no, he has just returned from the golf, it was unbearably cold, ? so the wimps have given up!!! ?

Kalu Mon 05-Apr-21 10:25:54

Good morning everyone. A late start for me this morning as I just have to go with whatever my sleep pattern decides, however it is a beautiful sunny day in Glasgow.......from my window as it is too blooming cold to go outdoors. Brr?

Not rushing out to our local garden centre just yet Marydollas I agree with Baubles, it will no doubt be heaving with visitors just glad of somewhere to go. If you feel more adventurous, McLaren Nurseries in Uplawmoor is my favourite when looking for something specific as they are suppliers to garden centres and supermarkets. Well worth a visit for you too Baubles.

Sorry to read you are taking a break Urms. I will miss your posts and hope it’s not too long until you join us again. ?

Have a pleasant day all.

Blossoming Mon 05-Apr-21 10:15:57

Good morning all from a bright and breezy Lancashire. Mr. B and I are going out! The weather forecast is for cloudy later but we don’t mind. I’m taking my trusty trekking pole with me but we’re not planning on doing much walking.

Hope today is kind to us all.

CherryCezzy Mon 05-Apr-21 10:04:59

Good morning everyone. It's back to good old reliable grey in the Gower today ?. I think I'll bank today's holiday for another time! That suits me just fine as I don't have any plans for today anyway.

Lovely quilt Scentia, no wonder your DGS was thrilled with it ?

What superb photos today Ashcombe but I have to say that the most striking visual today was the appearance of your DH, olddudders. Welcome olddudders ?.
Six months apart is a very long time, I hope you can be reunited very soon.
My brother and sister (in law) spent long periods apart when he was working on the other side of the world but none of that time was enforced. So difficult for you both.

Must away to start the day, even if I don't have plans, I can't loiter on this cosy bed any longer can I ? ?

Take care everyone and have a good Easter Monday ❤️

Taichinan Mon 05-Apr-21 09:54:21

Good morning all from the coldest the Angus coast has been this year - in spite of bright sun and blue skies. And there's snow on the hills as well! I haven't posted for the past couple of days because my posts resolutely refused to post - I have no idea why. So this is short. I hope all are as well as possible, that little Popeye is recovering and that those of you who enjoyed a'proper' Easter with family and egg hunts had a wonderful time. Lots of love ☀️???

Mapleleaf Mon 05-Apr-21 09:52:32

Morning everyone,

Bright and sunny here but very windy and very cold. Earlier this morning there was a very light dusting of snow on a neighbours conservatory roof and frost, but that has disappeared.

No special plans for today so will just wait and see what unfolds.

Our new garage door (roller) RATTLES loudly in the wind, so will have to have the fitters back to see if anything can be done about it. It's annoying, to say the least - it sounds as if the washing machine is on a permanent spin cycle!

Nice to hear from you, olddudders. Welcome to the thread. ?

Hope you all have the best day possible. Take care.

hollysteers Mon 05-Apr-21 09:48:40

Good morning Mick and all from a mixed up weather wise Suet on Sea on the northwest Lancashire coast. A friend coming round for coffee this morning and noticed some COBWEBS in the conservatory? that’s how lax lockdown has made me. Well that’s my excuse.
Strolled up and down our village yesterday after church and spoke to everyone whether they wanted it or not. When I’m out with my sister, she always says I’m more sociable than she is, but long periods on my own don’t bother me (although lockdown is too much) and I don’t like the phone much apart from using it for the necessaries.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I am getting more lethargic by the day. Probably having no trips in the diary. Cant live without the treats of days out etc. Must be patient.
Sending a hugharrigran and also to Cherry, Georgesgran and all with a shadow across their heart today,
Will read all your billets doux later, I’m going to put some mascara on, wow!

Stilllearning Mon 05-Apr-21 09:43:03

Nice to ‘met’ you oldudders, your talented wife adds greatly to this thread, best wishes for it not being too much longer of being apart.

Gingster Mon 05-Apr-21 09:39:18

Welcome olddudders and how interesting to hear of your background. I’d love to see some pics of your cottage and grounds. I think Ashcombe showed us a couple in the snow. It looks idyllic!

BlueSapphire Mon 05-Apr-21 09:37:13

Good morning from a grey Northampton, where it is trying to snow. I may (or may not) try to put some of the plants I bought on Friday into pots. Will see how I feel about being out in a cold and windy garden!

Despite the weather I have just ordered a summer dress, and some 'garden' sandals. I could not resist! I've ordered the dress in two sizes, as I have put on over a stone since last summer and am not sure what fits me any more! I shall probably keep both dresses anyway. I haven't bought new clothes for over a year.

It was a lovely sunny day at DD's yesterday and I enjoyed watching both of them working in the garden from the comfort of their conservatory.

Family quiz this afternoon - I must look for a set of questions. Apart from that and maybe a spot of gardening, no other plans for today.

Lovely pictures, Ash, and welcome to your other half.

Happy Easter Monday to all.

hulahoop Mon 05-Apr-21 09:33:53

Dxm working with a good team can make all the difference to a shift can't it . Lovely pics Ash hello to olddudders .Glad to hear your son is able to rest Harrigran .
We have had a sprinkling of snow but a lovely but cold day .
Have a good day ?

olddudders Mon 05-Apr-21 09:29:32

Thankyou for the kind welcomes!

A little background may be appropriate. I was widowed in 2012. Deb and I had retired here from Kent in 2004. Ashcombe and I knew each other slightly at school, and had corresponded recently via Friends Reunited. With Deb gone, and being alone in a foreign country, that correspondence led to us marrying in 2015, each keen to continue living as we were, but being together most of the time. Only Covid has stopped that being a fulfilling lifestyle for us both.

Chez moi is a tumbledown 1850 cottage in an acre, surrounded by farmland, and with just one neighbour, across the road. I know pics of gardens and countryside are popular here, and I may be able to offer a few. I am no great photographer, but have a collection of cameras and lenses - so few excuses!

Dwmxwg Mon 05-Apr-21 09:28:44

Some very lucky children (and adults) visiting today

EllanVannin Mon 05-Apr-21 09:26:41

Good Morning All x.
Sunny and bright but has been getting decidedly colder each day and it was perishing yesterday so I didn't move not even into the garden. Who wants to sit and freeze ?
Spoke too soon, it's clouded over---with signs of snow !

There won't be many out today I don't imagine, not bucket and spade weather.

A quiet day yesterday, wrote a couple of emails and returned an e-card to D in Oz who'd sent one earlier with a little tune. I'm to expect a phone-call from her in due course so that'll be nice to keep up to date.

How lovely to " see " the OH of Ashcombe a brilliant idea. Also Ashcombe's beautiful scenes too including that lovely tree.

I trust that Sheepandcattle enjoyed her day yesterday though I doubt she'd have paused for breath with the jollities and catering. Lovely though, I used to enjoy that.

A day for finishing all the left-overs with a lovely salad for later. The last of the hotx buns toasted for breakfast. I can't believe the amount of food I get through grin and I'm still no bigger than when I started----hollow legs.

Whether I get to see Ruby-Lou today I don't know though it's a possibility as she won't be returning to Durham until tomorrow. It would be nice to see her.

Thoughts to " our friends " and to those with struggles or pain. Take care everyone and remain safe. xx flowers

Greyduster Mon 05-Apr-21 09:22:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where the sun is doing it’s best to put in an appearance but it is very cold. DD and her menfolk came over for lunch yesterday which was a great joy. Although the sun was shining, the wind was icy so we weren’t able to sit outside but the conservatory was as open to the elements as we could make it to blow any germs away. GS is now head and shoulders taller than me (mind you, so is just about everyone else!) and his voice is breaking. It was the happiest four hours we have spent in a long time.
No idea what we will be doing today - wrap up and have a walk I expect. Whatever you are doing, have a safe and happy day.