Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Tue 06-Apr-21 06:07:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just getting daylight here in Brackley , but looks dry outside as well.
Today , get the bus to Bicester ,and spend an hour there , browse and shop , will be even better next week, but then having a haircut will be a priority for myself.
Have a nice day ,and take care,
Mick

Litterpicker Tue 06-Apr-21 14:17:05

Good afternoon from West Sussex where it’s cold again but not as bad down here as further north.

Very dozy today. Heading to allotment to dispose of amassed peelings and cardboard in the compost bin. Don’t think I will be staying long - what a wimp!

olddudders Tue 06-Apr-21 13:16:56

Ashcombe

Don’t worry, Doodle! He’s often called worse things than that, usually by me!! Thank you for explaining. ?

Indeed I am. Browbeaten and worse. If only! Ashcombe and I, having not seen each other in 6 months due to Covid, have every reason to be grateful to Zoom, which we share daily.

To try to explain my forum-name, the 'dudders' bit is a simple and commonly-used corruption of my surname, and the 'old' prefix was first applied by a colleague 50 years ago, when I really wasn't!

ann678tifney Tue 06-Apr-21 12:29:05

Hi everyone from a very cold NE. Had a lovely weekend meeting up with both DD. Had a surprise visit from DGD 2 and her lovely children, first time we have seen new DGGS. he is nothing like his sister. He is like his dad and his sister is a mini me of her mum!!! We are going on holiday with them in May, all being well, really looking forward to it. Start of my new working arrangements, 3 days instead of 5, I am looking forward to it, just worried about getting all the work done, but will see how it goes. My eldest DD is hoping her DS, get a pot on when he visits the hospital on Thursday, so that she can start getting out a bit more. He has been very good considering his age. Need to go and get an anniversary card for my DH for tomorrow, 48 years, seems like yesterday we got married. Welcome to all the newbies, and hope everyone keeps safe and well.

Ashcombe Tue 06-Apr-21 12:21:49

Don’t worry, Doodle! He’s often called worse things than that, usually by me!! Thank you for explaining. ?

grandmajet Tue 06-Apr-21 12:19:23

My train of thought exactly Doodle. I don’t even have dyslexia to confuse me, just a muddled brain!

Doodle Tue 06-Apr-21 12:14:10

Ashcombe I have dyslexia and often get hold of the wrong end of the stick as it were. I was puzzled yesterday morning about your posts about your OH. I first made the assumption that your OH was a woman then having found that your OH was in fact your DH I was even more puzzled by his choice of username. Only on reading your post today did I realise my mistake. I misread your DH’s username yesterday as old Udders blush. Hope you are reunited soon and welcome to GN old Dudders

CherryCezzy Tue 06-Apr-21 11:54:21

Good morning, just ?, everyone. It's chilly in the Gower, blue sky and fluffy clouds though. Yesterday's grey fell away nicely as Lins has indicated.

I'm a happy bunny today, my football team won yesterday and now we're in a very good position in the league. I hope it stays that way ?
Gardening on the agenda today, hacking away pruning the ivy. It's not on the house!

Thank you for the hug yesterday hollysteers it was lovely, and a big thank you to everyone who sending me well wishes as it can be hard and I do appreciate them ?

Take care and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

muse Tue 06-Apr-21 11:15:05

Hello from Cornwall.
Brrr.Just rushed in from the hail. Poor Mya has lots on her. Outside thermometer says -4°. It looks like sun is struggling to keep out. Planning some seed potting in the polytunnel later on. It will be interesting to see what the temp is like in there.

Arranged daughter and granddaughter's visit to us for late June. The two months will go by quickly I hope. Just booked (for the third time attempt) one of my 70th birthday presents from MrM. Helicopter ride. Two attempts last year were cancelled due to lockdowns regulations.

Cornwall Garden Society have just emailed to say the Flower Show has been cancelled. It is always a big huge affair at the Royal Cornwall Showground. Last year's was cancelled 3 weeks before the day, due to lockdown. They lost a huge amount of money. Didn't want to risk the show (arranged for July) being cancelled again due to more lockdowns. It would be the end of the society financially.

Lovely to hear good news from Marydoll and Sheep.

Georgesgran - sorry you've been let down by your garden chap, I'm thankful for finding one this year but he's now so busy can't get as regularly as I would like. My raised beds won't be finished now till end of May.

Now Easter is over for the holiday visitors here, I'm off to the north coast tomorrow with a small picnic to walk with Mya.

Have a trouble-free Tuesday everyone.

hollysteers Tue 06-Apr-21 10:44:56

Good morning Mick and all from a bright but chilly northwest coast.
The workmen started work on my roof today, so scaffolding up etc. I’m glad my son has come over. I know it sounds sexist, but I’m not the most practical soul and here alone, so I’m pleased he’s out talking with them about the ins and outs of the work to be done.
The cat is very upset at the upset and is sitting gazing at me with a ‘What’s going on?’ look on her little face.
Thoughts to harrigran, Cherry, Auntieflo, dragonfly, Georgesgran and a Hi to olddudders, who I thought was French...

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 06-Apr-21 10:35:51

Good Morning all from sunny but chilly Harrogate - got a wash on which I hope will dry outside!!

Harrigran what a worry for you with your DS ill, hope he has an improvement soon!
Sheepandcattle it's lovely that your wee GD 'helped' you on the farm.
It was good to hear the change in family attitude Marydoll It was as well that you told your family the truth about your condition.
I think I have a day of nothingness, but that could soon change when DH gets back from walking the dog

Keep well, look after yourselves and have the best day you can.

Megs36 Tue 06-Apr-21 10:26:25

Litterpicker thankyou yesterday!

Ashcombe Tue 06-Apr-21 10:22:23

Especially for you, EllanVannin, taken on Dartmoor.

EllanVannin Tue 06-Apr-21 10:12:25

Good Morning All x.
Similar weather to yesterday, sunny and cloud-filled " polystyrene " flurries now and again, but bloomin' cold. I do have a trip to the corner shop today for cat food and a fresh loaf so that'll entail a quick scurry then back into the warmth.

No sign of a soul over the weekend but never mind I know D is busy and it's been mad busy where she works too as she was saying the other day with ship-loads of people to-ing and fro-ing to NI, wagons too---and that's in between seeing to everyone at home. I worry as it's her 58th year and fear that things will get a bit much as time goes on, and no break either. Good job I'm not a demanding person.

Hoovering to be done today so that'll warm me up grin I'll make sure the cats are out of the way of it, they're terrified smile

Harrigran I hope they can get to the bottom of DS's problem and treat him accordingly. I can relate to the problem as the last time I was hospitalised in 2019, the hospital wrote SVT on the diagnosis ( Supraventricular Tachycardia ) quite a mouthful but they increased my medication and the last time I had this episode was after my first vaccination for Covid. They aren't nice and knock the stuffing out of you for days. Sending best wishes x. flowers

Angus beef stew today as it's just the weather for it, although saying that I did enjoy my salad yesterday.

I've read all the posts but don't ask me who's who grin or who said what but I wish you all well.
I did love the news from Marydoll and the change in DS, it was heartwarming to hear.
Also the happiness down on the farm with Sheepandcattle a lovely day all round. Hope there's success with another bull.
My greatest thrill years ago was in Scotland seeing the Highland cattle, so majestic. I was on holiday in Dunoon.

Have a great day all of you and stay safe. xx.

EkwaNimitee Tue 06-Apr-21 10:00:20

Good Morning, Mick and everyone from another brilliantly sunny day on the Cumbrian coast.
The downside of the sun is that it is showing up every mark on my large bay window. When I first cleaned them I thought the panes were just ordinarily dirty. I used my normal method of lightly soapy water, sponged on then squeezed off and polished up with newspaper. Well, that just unleashed a vast opaque smear of grease across the glass! Since then I've tried every method known bar a steam cleaner which I don't possess to clear the mess. I thought I'd won out but this mornings sun said not. I've just resorted to neat vinegar wiped over the grease patches remaining. I think the elderly gent who lived here before must have lived on greasy fry ups and never used the cooker hood fan. If the letting agents final check picks up on this, I'm going to complain that they should have been professionally cleaned before I moved in.
The rest of the day is to be spent tidying as a prospective new tenant is coming tomorrow to view and I must also get on with some moving admin. In between I shall be reading my latest detective novel. I like something not too challenging between the more serious stuff, like the account of the battle of Waterloo I've just finished.
Harrigran, I hope your DS gets some relief soon. I imagine you can barely stop worrying about him.
And the best possible day to you all.

hulahoop Tue 06-Apr-21 09:55:20

Good morning from West York's it's very cold another day of nothingness here , Gaga not surprised you are tired you have had a worrying year.Harrigran hope your son gets sorted soon .Glad you had a good day yesterday Sheep to all looking for their mojo hope you soon find it ?

Kalu Tue 06-Apr-21 09:54:16

Thanks for sharing the photo baubles, I love things like that and how lovely that someone has taken the time to make this, adding a wee bit of cheer for everyone.

Lovely to hear about your meet up with Dollie ? and, out for a drive to boot Marydoll. Just a pity DH spoiled your plan for an empty! ?

LauraNorder Tue 06-Apr-21 09:54:02

Good morning Mick and all from bright but cold Anglesey.
Nice to see Olddudders joining Ashcombe on here. My son lived in Mouliherne for several years, a beautiful part of France, hopefully you two will enjoy it together before long.
Hope things are going okay for you Grandmajet, I keep thinking about you and the horrid decision you have to make. Hope things are becoming clearer for you as you chat with others.
So many of you with heartache and troubles big and small.
Your garden full of golden daffodils Taichinan is stunning.
Hoping you all find your random pink flamingo today even it’s at the bottom of a pile of ironing.
?

Georgesgran Tue 06-Apr-21 09:52:20

Good morning from Durham where it’s sunny but very cold.
Booked my decorator yesterday and he can start in 2 weeks!
I’ve no idea what I want, so need to pick up some colour charts today. Having DH ill, plus Covid restrictions, most of the house is to do. It will be Bedlam, but lovely when it’s finished.
The new garden chap - now renamed The Scarlet Pimpernel didn’t show up (again) yesterday. He’s got ‘til the end of the week to redeem himself or he’s sacked!

Hope everyone has a good day. X

Blossoming Tue 06-Apr-21 09:39:33

Good morning all from a beautiful bright Lancashire. It’s much warmer than yesterday, possibly because the strong wind has dropped. Mr. B and I went for a drive over the moors yesterday, near where we used to live. We figured out everybody would be heading for the coast, so we went in the opposite direction! Actually it looked as though more people went shopping, as there were massive queues of cars waiting to get in the retail park that we passed.

It was beautifully quiet up on the moors, we saw a few sheep and no people. It’s off the tourist radar, being surrounded by small industrial towns.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Marydoll Tue 06-Apr-21 09:39:05

Grandmajean, we are all small, including her other grandparents. DH and all his brothers are tall, but obviously his genes are no match for the rest of us! grin
It is a great source of annoyance for DS1, that his younger brother is about 6 inches taller than him!

Grandmajean Tue 06-Apr-21 09:36:14

Marydoll I , too , have a tiny granddaughter - the youngest. Can't think where she gets it from - I am all of 4 feet 11 inches ! They don't seem to check children's growth any more.

Taichinan Tue 06-Apr-21 09:36:00

Two pictures I've been trying to send for days now. I'm trying aagain as my last post went at first click. So fingers crossed. The first is one of the lovely Charlie Mackesy's bon mot, and the other is of the annual daffodil takeover of my garden - goodness only knows what it looks like now, after yesterday's weather!

olddudders Tue 06-Apr-21 09:32:51

Thankyou! I hope to see my dishy pharmacist this week, and she may have some vaccine. I liver only about 5 km from the Orne frontier, so that is a good Plan B, thankyou.

Grandmafrench Tue 06-Apr-21 09:30:05

Just missed your post, Olddudders welcome to the GM thread. You’re still waiting for a vaccine? Maybe take up the challenge and vow to shop elsewhere ! Loads of appointments available in Orne and you’re allowed to travel for a vaccine, as long as you take a signed Attestation with you! Good luck anyway and stay safe.

Anniebach Tue 06-Apr-21 09:28:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x