Gransnet forums

Chat

Cosmetic surgery - would you, have you?

(134 Posts)
Newatthis Wed 07-Apr-21 11:25:49

I've just read about Ben Affleck asking Jennifer Lopes where does she keep her 'fountain of youth' as she looks the same now as she did when she was much younger. Of course many celebs won't admit to cosmetic surgery. Would you have work done by a cosmetic surgeon or have you, if so what? and if so, have you told anyone other than family members?

BlueBelle Fri 01-Mar-24 08:20:05

This is an OLD thread restarted by scammers
Don’t fan the flames

Cossy Fri 01-Mar-24 08:17:36

No, never. Not unless I’d had an accident and required it or reconstruction from cancer.

I do have facials and regular colours at the hairdressers, I do have massages, but I wouldn’t ever have cosmetic surgery. Wouldn’t want to go through the pain and risks for vanity.

karmalady Fri 01-Mar-24 07:33:37

reported spam

ailacho Fri 01-Mar-24 07:24:42

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

edithjc Thu 29-Dec-22 04:18:25

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LancyDaniel Mon 24-Oct-22 11:06:55

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Dreamylady Sat 01-Oct-22 18:36:28

Never have and wouldn't in the future. I think I look around the age I am and it would sadden me if I felt I had to have cosmetic surgery to look younger, to be more acceptable to other people. There seems to be a trend towards looking your age and being more "authentic", embracing grays and wrinkles etc. these days and I'm glad about that.

Fleurpepper Sat 01-Oct-22 17:45:53

Haven't and wouldn't. All operations carry a risk and I am who I am, and proud of every line.

DanielMeos Sat 01-Oct-22 17:11:57

DiscoDancer1975 Thu 06-Jan-22 17:43:35

It’s not something I would plan to do, but who knows what’s round the corner?

Anneishere Thu 06-Jan-22 10:27:49

I am not sure really ? If I had the money I possibly may consider it especially my teeth. But I seriously would have to question myself as to why I would go under the knife ? to pull back my wrinkles behind my ears ??‍♀️ What for?? Or inject something on my lips to fatten them up - isn’t that rat poison they inject you with? ??‍♀️?

CanadianGran Mon 03-Jan-22 21:01:25

I haven't, but I would be tempted by laser tightening treatments if they were less expensive. My neck and jowl have become saggier in the last few years.

I tend not to spend money on myself for these types of things, including hair and nails.

Hippie20 Mon 03-Jan-22 19:43:10

I have had cosmetic surgery and fillers. People do judge you on your appearance and it is totally a person's choice whether they choose to have procedures done. It is a total fallacy that you can always tell when someone has had cosmetic surgery. The aim is to look refreshed and natural. If you can afford it and you want it who are other people to sit in judgement of you. I am still working at 66 and treated with respect. In part I believe because I do not look haggard and tired. I thinknit is much more common than people think.

moishegoyet Mon 03-Jan-22 18:27:51

FannyCornforth Fri 31-Dec-21 04:46:44

Reported

Rotoff1989 Fri 31-Dec-21 04:38:25

chachaflint Wed 06-Oct-21 16:29:45

Witzend Fri 01-Oct-21 18:05:04

TBH I think I’m past help now! But no, I never really considered it.

There was a picture of Donatella Versace on the front cover of a Sunday Times mag last week. Goodness knows what she’s had done, but IMO she looked grotesque.

SecondToNone Fri 01-Oct-21 14:36:04

Artaylar Mon 12-Apr-21 16:22:11

At 59 I'm lucky not to be doing so bad on the facial wrinkle front.

The problem is the lower half of my face is very ageing - marionnette lines at the side of my mouth and an increasingly ageing neck.

I've been thinking about having something done for a while, though would not go under the knife. I'm keeping my eyes open for some non surgical measures that might help and will probably try something over the next 6 months.

maydonoz Mon 12-Apr-21 15:21:52

No, have never thought of having any CS done and I would not entertain the idea.
I prefer the natural look for myself, but of course some people have it done and hopefully feel and look better for it.
However we do hear of some cases when people have had their lives ruined as a result of cosmetic surgeries that have gone wrong, even resulting in fatality, so it's a very serious decision to make.

Annaram1 Mon 12-Apr-21 11:43:59

Sparkling. I appreciate the fact that you think it is vanity to have fillers and botox. All I can say is that they are totally safe procedures and vanity or not I feel better psychologically when I don't see those long lines from nose to chin at the side of my mouth. The bacteria if in botox is dead anyway. You will think it vanity but as soon as Covid allows I will be going to the clinic to get fillers and botox, but not at the same tlime due to the expense. I should add that botox only lasts about 3 or 4 months but fillers last at least 9 months. Plus as you get more treatments over the years they seem to last longer. To those grans who are not biased against these procedures I can only say, give them a try.

Speldnan Mon 12-Apr-21 11:39:26

Haven’t and wouldn’t

Beswitched Mon 12-Apr-21 11:22:46

If I could afford to, I wouldn't mind getting some very minor work done. But I hate seeing young girls getting those awful lip fillers that they don't need and look really obvious. I also think some celebrities go too far and end up looking like plastic dolls that have been left too close to the fire.

Tangerine Mon 12-Apr-21 11:06:02

If there was some real problem, I would definitely think about it.

I don't think I'd have cosmetic surgery for something trifling. I suppose what is serious to one person is trifling to another.