Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Sun 18-Apr-21 06:13:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright and dry start here in Brackley ,but maybe a bit chilly outside .
Yesterdays trip out went to plan , but got back home to see the the important section of the funeral .
The eating outside in buckingham , saw most of its cafes doing likewise , I went to my regular one there, but aprt from the air chill a nice dayout.
Take Care,
Mick

Boonsbabe Sun 18-Apr-21 23:37:36

Thanks for the acknowledgements, that was kind of you all. The weather remained sunny and warm so we grabbed a coffee and checked out worktops - oh we know how to roll!!! Sprucing up the utility has been first on our long list of to-do's for quite some time. Next is the kitchen and new doors but navy or white? Leaning towards the navy but will have to check out flooring before making a final decision.

CherryCezzy Sun 18-Apr-21 13:35:50

Happy birthday Grandpafrench ????

B9exchange Sun 18-Apr-21 13:08:03

Good morning from sunny Hertfordshire. I too welled up at the funeral yesterday, so well done, made me very proud to be British when we can organise things like this. Just wanted to give the Queen a cuddle!

Experimenting with my new Ninja Foodi for lunch, roast chicken hopefully.

No news from DiL who is due to give birth today. After her terrible experience last time, will be a bit on tenterhooks for the next two weeks.

Hope today will be a good one for all of you.

Roses Sun 18-Apr-21 11:47:08

Good morning from a slightly overcast Chester, welcome to the new posters.

Going to my sons for Christmas dinner today so no food to cook tonight

I've just watered my garden as big cracks have appeared in the ground, whatever happened to April showers?

Hoping for a happy day today as l was quite upset after watching the funeral yesterday, and remembering my husband's all those years ago

Hoping all of you with illness or sadness have a better day

hollysteers Sun 18-Apr-21 11:03:48

Good morning Mick and all from a now cloudy northwest coast.
I need to motivate myself today after sloth yesterday. The funeral went off very well (I wore my black knickers) even though rather strange. The carriage with cap and gloves, the modified Range Rover (what will happen to that now, will people be lining up to use it?) made it very moving. The ELGAR churns me up.
I’m very pleased that two pieces of mine have been accepted for an online Art exhibition. Only returned to art through lockdown after art school in my twenties and then another career. I have a craft trolley waiting to be put together so I can shift art stuff from my dining room table so proper civilised meals can be eaten when I have company.
Lovely poem by Simon Armitage and nicer to read than hear his voice? I sat near him in the Manchester Art gallery coffee shop, when he came in I was writing, guess what, a poem! Should have passed it over to him.
Thinking of harrigran, Cherry, Marydoll and anyone with troubles.

Taichinan Sun 18-Apr-21 10:56:34

Beautiful goldfinches, Blossoming.
And forgot to say Hi and Welcome to Boonsbabe- looking forward to hearing more about you and of course the weather where you are ?
Sorry your neighbours ranting is starting up again Cherry. Take care ?
I just love, love, love that flamingo byke mamaa! ?

Susan56 Sun 18-Apr-21 10:53:59

GrannySomerset,sorry you are having such a difficult time?

Ryaig0722 Sun 18-Apr-21 10:48:42

Hello all , just joined today so just saying hello, north Leicestershire dry and a short walk I think ?

aggie Sun 18-Apr-21 10:45:24

Having brushed th floor I’m having a rest , I can’t cope with my “Henry” he gets stuck and I trip over the hose ! I did remember to dust first ?

Taichinan Sun 18-Apr-21 10:44:22

I saw this on FB yesterday and thought it was beautiful in both it's simplicity and sentiment.

aggie Sun 18-Apr-21 10:41:43

Great quote Jaxjacky ?

Taichinan Sun 18-Apr-21 10:40:51

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday, almost back to normal.
The sun is trying its hardest to break through the cloud here on the Angus coast, and small patches of blue sky keep appearing - and then hiding again. But at least there's no wind!
Having been so smug on Friday because I had sorted out the 'problem' with my central heating (by changing the batteries in the thingy), I have now run out of oil!! What an idiot I am! Can't order more until Monday, so I shall just have to wear extra layers in the house and take them off when I go outside. A reversal to the norm!
I was out all day yesterday, which was such an amazing feeling of freedom. I went first of all to M&S for a food shop, and then for a haircut, then to my niece's for lunch in the garden and then to my great-niece's garden to view the building site which will soon be their new kitchen extension. It was so wonderful just to BE with family again! In fact it has been a wonderful week because of course DD and her entourage were here for the BBQ last Wednesday as well.
My niece and I watched the funeral together. It was magnificent in its military precision and music, but I felt it so sad that the family could not be closer together to hold the poor Queen in their embrace. She must have felt Philip's loss so acutely and felt so alone. She's such a tiny little thing.
Now off I must go into the cold depths of the house. I'm definitely in your camp Aggie when it comes to housework and I absolutely love that picture Urms - it says it all! However today might be the day for a bit of floor washing just to keep warm. Or not. ?
Thinking of all you in poor health or with loved ones who are suffering. I hope today brings moments of relief and the sun shines through the dark clouds for a while ?. The rest of you, enjoy your happy doings today and keep a look out for ☀️????

Jaxjacky Sun 18-Apr-21 10:34:12

aggie Quention Crisp ‘there’s no need for housework, after four years the dirt doesn’t get any worse’

mamaa Sun 18-Apr-21 10:30:31

Perhaps I should add that I couldn't 'credit' the photographer as not sure where I saw it but its not mine, nor is the bike! grin

Blossoming Sun 18-Apr-21 10:14:37

Nearly forgot to share these lovely goldfinches with you. I need sleep!

CherryCezzy Sun 18-Apr-21 10:14:35

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower. Another beautiful day, Yay!

Today I'm definitely doing that ivy! My gardening has seriously lapsed so I'm going to get stuck into that shortly before my WP does the job himself blush. It'll certainly give me a break from my neighbour's rantings as she's started up again ?. Later I will make a pie for dinner tonight, my WP's choice today.

I haven't read everyone's posts this morning as my neice1 rang earlier in a bit of a pickle. Very unlike her as she's so fiercely independent pickles or not she doesn't seem help or advice.
I did notice, how could I not, the wonderful photo of your DGS climbing a tree Gwenisgreat ?. My great-nephews love climbing trees too.
harrigran I hope the message you missed hasn't upset you too much ???

Missing Bellasnana and Lins and would love to see gillybob back.

Have a good Sunday everyone and keep safe ❤️

Mapleleaf Sun 18-Apr-21 10:13:51

Good morning,

The sun is trying to get out now after a greyer start than yesterday. We managed to get some jobs done in the garden yesterday including planting the potatoes in their sacks, and general tidying and sorting. The pepper plants arrived yesterday too, so potted them on and they are residing in the kitchen along with the tomato plants until all risk of frost is past, then they can go outside into the mini greenhouse.

I watched the main part of the D if E funeral, and agree that it was moving. The music was just right, and like many of you, "Enigma" always brings a tear.

Welcome, Boonsbabe.

Another pottering day ahead. I've got bedding almost finished in the washing machine, so will put that outside to dry and then make a banana cake to use up a couple of very ripe bananas.

Take care everyone ?.

LauraNorder Sun 18-Apr-21 10:10:43

Love the flamingo cycle mamaa.

LauraNorder Sun 18-Apr-21 10:06:44

Good morning Mick and all from a rather overcast Anglesey.
The funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh was perfect for him. The readings, the prayers and the music, the military presence and the relative simplicity. I thought it personal, moving and emotional. Even Orlin shed a tear. Our poor Queen, I do hope someone was able to hug her and hold her tight for a while.
Welcome to Boonsbabe, hope we see you often on here. Always nice to get to know new members.
GrannySomerset flowers for you although I’m sure an extra pair of hands would mean more.
flowers for so many of you struggling stoically through life, you all have my admiration.
Wishing everyone a flamingo filled day.

Grandmabatty Sun 18-Apr-21 09:59:38

NannyJan53 I've sent you the recipe.

aggie Sun 18-Apr-21 09:56:50

I love that ! thanks Urmstongran ?

Auntieflo Sun 18-Apr-21 09:55:21

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Another bright, sunny and chilly morning here in our bit of Berks.
I watched the funeral yesterday, and it was incredibly moving, but Prince Philip had got it so right for himself.
As Grandmafrench said, the stillness just added to the poignancy. I just hope that Her Majesty got all the hugs she needed once they were home again.

I had my 2nd vaccine jab on Friday morning and have had no side effects. Probably because of all the other meds I am swallowing now ?
DH will be off to Church soon, and I will listen on line. Then maybe 15 minutes in the garden, to pull out a huge patch of that sticky 'goose grass' weed, that is so annoying me.
Last night I put together the ingredients, that need soaking, for a cake, and will finish that off when I am up and dressed.

aggie, get your cleaner back. We need our lovely neighbour back, who stepped in last year. She did it as a favour, we paid her, but she is a busy mum, so we should get someone who could come regularly.

We had the quote through for some electrical work that needs doing. Not as OUCH as I thought it might be, but there are a few additions that we have asked for. So an amended quote will be needed. ?it's not too much more.

Going to look for something to keep my fingers occupied, as now my knitting is finished, I am at a loose end.

Have a good day one and all, especially Gilly if she is reading.

Blossoming Sun 18-Apr-21 09:52:53

Good news all from a still bright and sunny Lancashire. Once again sat in bed drinking tea after a disturbed night.

mamaa Sun 18-Apr-21 09:50:53

Morning all, gosh you are all ‘up and at em’ this morning. I’ve had a lie in and now feel very lazy.

Same sentiments as you all re the funeral- felt for the Queen.

Have attached a picture I came across yesterday- a mode of exercise which could catch on with the ‘goodmorningers’ I reckon.

Have as good a Sunday as you can peeps.

hulahoop Sun 18-Apr-21 09:45:02

Good morning from West York's.Went for walk with dd and gs yesterday must admit I didn't watch funeral saw some of it via iPad ,when I saw queen alone it made me think of how many have had to do that this last year .
Nothing happening here today although think some dusting may be on the cards.
Harrigran hope message not too upsetting .
Take care everyone ?