Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Fri 23-Apr-21 06:09:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but cold outside here in Brackley this morning.
Did my Bicester yesterday , had a coffee plus snack , but the numbers seated outside were down , maybe nice weather but with a cold snap does not help , roll on indoors service .
Today , get some Milk and a few other things, then later watch my cycling on TV , as its a live event , it makes a change from seeing repeats or social distancing on channels .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Fri 23-Apr-21 07:45:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It's bright but cool in South Yorkshire. Not as cold as yesterday though. I made some scones yesterday and managed to burn my arm on one of the oven racks. I put a dressing on it but the pain woke me up in the night and I couldn't get back to sleep so I am like a zombie this morning, and we have to go out early, off back down to Meadowhall to pick up my re-energised iPad from the Apple shop. I wonder if they can re-energise me while I'm down there? They won't be able to recover my data though!
Sheep good news about Bogdon. Hope nothing stands in the way of your New Forest lunch. Enjoy!
Harri?.
Have the best day you can folks.

grandmajet Fri 23-Apr-21 07:58:55

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Nottinghamshire and today looks as if it will be even better.
Good luck with your scan today, urmstongran, it has come round quite quickly.
I have serious hair envy, grannygravy, I used to have a swishy bob; chemo has changed it to a brillo pad lookalike! Not attractive.
stilllearning, your friend’s loss puts my troubles into perspective - to lose a child, I can’t imagine the pain. I hope the day goes as well as it can.
Have a lovely time with your old friend, brook. Nothing like a good old chat to lift the spirits.
Yesterday DD1 and her young man spent the day in our garden. It is quite a drive from south norfolk, so it was lovely to see them. They brought a few pond plants for our eldest daughter who lives near here - they have a small pond plant business - so she will visit today to collect them, an added bonus. I plan to do very little today except sit under the sunshade and read a book!
Happy St. George’s day, everyone, relax and enjoy the sunshine.

dragonfly46 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:04:07

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire. It was like the middle of summer sitting in the park yesterday!
A walk to the bluebell wood today in the sunshine, I believe it is going to be very warm.

Oh Susan how horrid for you. I love my dentist although I have many crowns and certainly the interdental brushes are the way to go.

Your hair is gorgeous GG. I used to have curly hair but since chemo it is straight and much more difficult to manage.
Hope your scan goes well Urmston.

Yes I did indeed teach where you live Mary. I doubt I would recognise it now.

Have a good day everyone.

Ellianne Fri 23-Apr-21 08:05:19

I think I must have joined this thread at the best of times, everyone sounds positive and nearly normal! I feel sorry for those here who are struggling.
We ended up in Port Isaac yesterday and got caught up with filming of Fishermans Friends2. Loads of people dressed up as fish fingers!! We weren't allowed to take photos so I'll pop in a picture of the view instead.
Have a nice day.

Jaxjacky Fri 23-Apr-21 08:21:34

Good morning Mick and all from bright sunshine and +5 S Hants, it’s all very nice, but rain would be most welcome. Gg13 your hair is stunning, after my cut last weekend I need it to ‘settle’. Good news on Bogdon sheep, enjoy your lunch not far from us, we have the bestest friends in Lyndhurst. And I’m so pleased Urmst to hear Maw has found a new companion.
We are now the bubble for DD and GC’s, her previous one had to start some parental care 3 weeks ago, to that end GC’s are staying tonight, much excitement! I nipped out yesterday and bought garden jenga, tomorrow morning we’ll be washing my car, they’ve both had birthdays since they last stayed and are 13 and 8. DH finished work early yesterday and made a border to retain the soil next to our path with spare tiles, very pleasing.
Have a lovely day all. Always trying to count my blessings as I think of those struggling, misssing and sad. ???

Elizabeth1 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:22:02

Good morning all from another beautiful sunny day here on the east coast of Fife. I think it might be chilly out there but it’ll warm up later on in the day. Afternoons have been extremely warm allowing me to sit in the garden having lunch with my carer. Yesterday the sun chose to focus on my right cheek must position myself full frontal wink today so that both cheeks get the sun. The only thing naked will be my face.blush

hurrah I’ve got a date for my second vaccine and I’ve got a dental appointment next week plus a hotel weekend planned life’s looking good, happy days.

lots of virtual hugs and goodness to those who are anxious and lonely have a good weekend everyone flowers

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:22:06

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Oxfordshire, I hope it’s warmer than yesterday, the wind was so cold. We are off to DD2s house today to sort her garden as she has been with us since December and is starting to fret about the state of it, her house sharer says it’s all fine, but she wants to make sure, so I’m off to pack my gardening gloves etc.
She is hoping to be able to stay over for the night with the dog, but we will see how she copes with the stairs, last week she spent the day there and her leg gave way on the stairs, one x ray later ( to make sure she hadn’t broken her knee cap) and she is going to try again. Phew! Kids.......

Anyway, onwards and upwards, hugs to those who aren’t having such a good day.

Beauregard my SIL has put the posts on her Gazebo in concrete, she has one with a removable cover which she takes off for the Winter, anyway, it’s been there for years now and won’t blow away again ( the first year it landed in her neighbours garden narrowly missing the neighbours GCs).

amselerin Fri 23-Apr-21 08:22:47

Good morning Mick and all from sunny but chilly Luneburg. I greatly appreciate the good wishes on the purchase of my new home on the beautiful Merseyside..The lady selling the house left me a welcome card saying that it is a very happy home. All this made me happy and I can`t wait to be back in Britain. But not before my 2nd vaccination. This morning at 8 am I had my yearly check up at the doctors. All the tests were done and next week I shall hear the results.
Today I shall paint the radiator in the lounge. It is an old fashioned one so it is a bummer.
I wish all of you with worries or health problems that the problems maybe resolved quickly. My sister just phoned to say that all the children in her granddaughter`s class Take care had to leave school because one child had tested positive. Let`s hope this crisis ends soon. At least in Britain you all seem to be more cheerful.
Take care.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:23:13

Oops forgot to say urms so pleased that Maw is well and has a new pup.

Nannytopsy Fri 23-Apr-21 08:23:29

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Another sunny day in Suffolk. We are off to the coast today to take my Christmas telescope out for its first real test. I have always been a binoculars girl! We shall try to find a viewpoint with waders - unfortunately all the hides are closed on the reserves. DH can’t walk far , particularly today as he will have new dressings on his legs before we leave, which always leaves him in pain. Perhaps a pub lunch will help? ?
Glad Bogdon will be returning whence he came. Good news about MrH being in less pain, too.
Maw delighted to hear about Maisie. Happy days !
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gingster Fri 23-Apr-21 08:23:55

Good morning all from a sunny but icy Suffolk coast. The bird bath has a thick layer of ice on it.

Yesterday we did another 2 and a half ours staining the summerhouse. We should finish today and the second coat is just what was needed. We’re thoroughly fed up with it now though!.

We will have coffee with our neighbour down the track this morning. . She has put her bungalow up for sale. Her and her late DH built it themselves in 1965. She wants to move into the little town 2 miles away, for easier access to amenities. Strangely, she is going to buy my late SIL’s bungalow. It’s beautiful and needs nothing doing to it, but I know she will miss her seaside house with stunning views.

I thought of Cherry yesterday with her difficult neighbour. I could hear screaming on the beach and thought it was children. It went on and on so I went in the garden to look. A young woman was yelling at the top of her voice at two older people- man and woman. Maybe parents but perhaps carers . This went on for over two hours. My neighbour went down with two bottles of water and spoke to her, but she started screaming in her face. She phoned the police but no one came. There was pushing and shoving going on too. Apparently this had happened two days before as well. Very unsettling and my DH said ‘imagine living next door to her’. ?

I hope everyone has a calm day. ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:25:32

Stilllearning I cannot think of anything worse than losing a child.

Greyduster your Apple store post made me laugh ?

Alygran Fri 23-Apr-21 08:25:49

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is sunny again.
I’m expecting an electrician soon to add a socket in the lounge for a new fire and to repair the outside lights. The plumber (same firm) is coming to service the boiler later this morning too.
Shopping will have to wait till later.
Grey hope your arm is less painful as the day goes on.
Stillearning flowers for you and your friend.
Lovely walk yesterday along the River Swale near home.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Harris27 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:26:54

Good morning all. Our 44th wedding anniversary today so having a rare day off a bit off shopping and nice meal albeit a takeaway tonight. Sunshine and wine for me today and tonight! Happy Friday all.

Grandmajean Fri 23-Apr-21 08:32:50

Good morning from Cheshire. Sunny but cool ( again )
Love the hair ( style and colour ) GG13 I had mine cut yesterday. I colour it myself as don't really enjoy going to the hairdresser ( back wash a particular horror ) but it is now a neat pixie cut which suits my tiny frame. DH says he is insulted that I didn't want him to cut it permanently !
So many Gransnetters having worrying times. I think about you all and wish you well.

JackieBee1 Fri 23-Apr-21 08:42:49

Susan 56
So sorry about teeth. I've just made the difficult decision to change dentist. They used to be so good, but I have lost my confidence in them. I wonder if you could ask your consultant to define "mess"?
All the best flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Apr-21 08:43:48

Good morning all. 2° in Polmont and sunny. We are very lucky that it has warmed up all week but April, May and September can be lovely months in Scotland. Often the start of July coincide with rain. GG lovely haircut! I've lost most of mine at the front and it's wiry and too long at the back. I desperately need a haircut. I'm sorry to hear the dentist stories from many of you. I,too, had a bad experience with a dentist when I was a child which has made me wary. My dentist is not open for NHS patients yet but will gladly take private ones. I'm a bit cynical about them. Urmstongran good luck with the scan later. Sheepandcattle that's good news about Bogdon. However you've had the upset of his illness and costs of the vet etc.
Today is I have a visit to the chiropodist to look forward to. Because I'm diabetic I go every six weeks or so. Then it'll be home to water the pots in the continued absence of rain. Have a good day all.

BlueSapphire Fri 23-Apr-21 08:49:01

Good morning from another sunny ? day in Northampton. Hope it's warmer than yesterday; I attempted to sit out yesterday afternoon, but there was a chill east wind so retreated to the summerhouse. The cats came out to play as well but soon wanted to go back in. For those of you wondering why they don't have free range, they are pedigree house cats and need supervising; I worry that they'll escape, get lost or stolen; they are not streetwise cats!

It'll be another day of the same for me. I may ring the people we bought the summerhouse from for their advice. It should have been treated the year after we got it, but then DH died and I didn't get round to doing anything about it. I have noticed that rain has got in, so something needs doing. DD has said they'll help me with what needs doing.

Hope we all enjoy a bit of sunshine today.

Anniebach Fri 23-Apr-21 08:51:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EkwaNimitee Fri 23-Apr-21 08:54:12

Good morning Mick and everyone. The same message....yet another lovely day here in Carlisle.
I have to go into the city again to take my forms back to the GP. They've stopped doing it online at the moment. Apart from the single form you have to fill in, they wanted 7 pages filled with details including my hospital investigations etc. Too much to go in the space provided so I typed it up and then found my printer was not connected to the internet. Cue some Googling and fiddly keying in of password. Then I had to locate my passport, NHS card and a utility bill. All this took literally half a day. I've never had to provide all this info before, 6 months ago it was just the usual one form.
I love the hair, GG, mine used to look like that but now I'm a silver haired old lady and it's somewhat thinner!
I feel for you Harrigran. I hope you and your DH are finding little improvements day by day.
And the best possible day to all.

GrannySomerset Fri 23-Apr-21 08:59:48

We are having lunch in the garden with friends and are absurdly excited at the prospect. Need to think about what to wear, not something which has troubled me for months, though I fear the choice is limited owing to lockdown spread. But any kind of social event is a thrill and feels like the start of something.

Bad news about teeth, good news about bulls and hair cuts - what’s not to like?

ginny Fri 23-Apr-21 09:01:30

urms thanks for the update re Maw please pass on my best wishes.

Marydoll Fri 23-Apr-21 09:04:08

ginny, Maw stills reads our posts, just can't respond! sad

Urmstongran Fri 23-Apr-21 09:10:00

Yes it’s sad about Maw but it is nice to know she reads this thread every day!

Wonder if gillybob does too? If so, ? ? you are missed. x

LauraNorder Fri 23-Apr-21 09:15:57

Very good morning Mick and the rest of the grammingos.
Another beautiful day on the sunny Isle of Anglesey, blue sky with wispy strands of white unicorn dust.
Happy St George’s Day ???????
I’ll bet your granddaughter has another pair of socks like that in her drawer Baubles.
Lots of lovely photos again, Alygran and Ellianne, lovely views.
Glad the day for your neck scan has arrived Urms, hope all goes well and your mind can be put at rest.
Lovely news from Maw and the new dog Daisy.
GrannyGravy, what lovely thick hair you have, the colour looks wonderful.
Good news about Bogdon Sheep, I’ll bet that’s a relief, not such a great financial loss as first anticipated. Glad he’s better too, such a magnificent beast.
Sad for your friend Stillearning, she’ll need your friendship so much for the foreseeable future. Life can be so tough at times as reflected here on gn every day.
Hope a random pink flamingo flutters in to your life today everyone.
Must go and supervise Orlin, he’s putting up shelves, he thinks a spirit level is an academic qualification for ghosts. I shall instruct him in its proper use.