Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Fri 23-Apr-21 06:09:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but cold outside here in Brackley this morning.
Did my Bicester yesterday , had a coffee plus snack , but the numbers seated outside were down , maybe nice weather but with a cold snap does not help , roll on indoors service .
Today , get some Milk and a few other things, then later watch my cycling on TV , as its a live event , it makes a change from seeing repeats or social distancing on channels .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmafrench Fri 23-Apr-21 14:58:00

Gwen in case it helps, I see that Marks are continuing with measurement and advice on bra fittings, but in a ‘no contact ‘ way. M&S online bra fit can offer you a time/appointment for an online consultation at home if you’re uncertain about their sizing.

B9exchange Fri 23-Apr-21 14:11:12

Late to the party as usual! grin

Greetings all, hope you are enjoying the sunshine, and hope all is going as well as it can for you.

No sign on the baby front, DiL is now 5 days overdue.....

Purplepixie Fri 23-Apr-21 13:48:11

A very late good morning and an early good afternoon. I got my eyebrows done for the first time in one year, yahoo. Now I look almost human, but not quite. Great news about your dog Maw Have a lovely day wherever you live and do stay safe.

Jaxjacky Fri 23-Apr-21 13:14:41

Lucky, lucky, lucky? Cherry and deserved!

aggie Fri 23-Apr-21 13:02:06

Hi Everyone , not sure what happened to the morning !
So delighted to see Maw has got another doggie companion ?

Annaram1 Fri 23-Apr-21 12:44:07

Hello dear Grans! Its a beautiful sunny day here in Sidmouth. This morning my friendly little robin was waiting for me as usual when I opened the curtains to the garden. I threw him some seed and immediately along came two fat pigeons and a squirrel and that was the end of the seed. Later on as I was in the sitting room I noticed that the robin was looking through my glass door as if to say "They ate it all and I'm still hungry!" so I gave him some more. I call him Scarface as he has a scar under one eye. He's such a dear.
I hope all grans suffering from illness and pain and with problems find that things improve as the day wears on.
Maw, I am so happy that you have another dog and wish you many years of companionship with her. I love dogs but can't have one now due to my disabilities.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 23-Apr-21 12:30:01

Morning everyone. Gorgeous here. Have sat outside for a bit. Have sent and received umpteen messages from my beloved children and friends. How lucky we are to have this form of communication. I don't do social media but WhatsApp has been a blessing. Big shop arriving later. Chucked in some healthy treats. Grammaretto - we might be neighbours! Wonder what bus you were referring to? Thinking of you all and as I have said before very grateful for being allowed to be a member of this little community. You lift my spirits and cause me to count my blessings.x

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 23-Apr-21 11:14:02

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate
Susan56 you do need to put in a complaint about your dentists, service. I, too, have horrific memories of childhood dentists! I do use a NHS dentist at the moment after my private dentist declared it would cost £1,500 for treatment which might help!! I got the treatment NHS for under £300!!
GrannyGravy13 with hair like that you look far too young to be a gran!
Great news, Sheep to be able to offload Bogdon. You have enough on your plate!!
Pleased Maw has a new companion, a dog will make a difference.
Sorry your are having such a difficult time Harrigran perseverance is the key.
Yesterday I was very daring and took a bus into town, bought a bra from M&S but it will have to go back - too small (ouch)
Today i will be having a pastry bake, then chatting to my sisters this pm.
Look after yourselves, and have the best day you can.

grandMattie Fri 23-Apr-21 10:43:49

*Laura”, perhaps Orlin might use one (spirit level) if he calls it a “bubble on a stick” as DS2 used to call it when small! I always thought it very appropriate.

Blossoming Fri 23-Apr-21 10:42:13

Good morning all from gloriously sunny Lancashire. Not much happening here today other than a little pottering, more garden tidying and some birdwatching in the sun. We have a regular stream of avian visitors to the garden. I’m breeding a sparrow colony, according to Mr. B. What this actually means is that I have 2 sparrow boxes on the house! Although last year the sparrows decided to build a nest under a bit of decorative overhanging roof and blue tits nested in the sparrow box. They come to the garden for water as well as food. The big pond is now drained for maintenance but we have a much smaller pond as well, so they’re using that now.

I hope this Friday is kind to us all. Happy St. George’s Day ?

CherryCezzy Fri 23-Apr-21 10:38:12

Oops! I wanted to say I'm happy that you have a new dog Maw ?, I knew a lady who had a dog called Maisie and she was a very sweet loving ?

CherryCezzy Fri 23-Apr-21 10:35:54

Susan on the one hand I think your consultant was rude and tactless but on the other has done you a favour. It's disgusting how your dentist hasn't basically done the job paid to do. I would put in a complaint and find another dentist.

harrigran, good news that your DH'S radiotherapy is helping one side but his lack of appetite must be distressing. I agree with Grandmafrench that, if possible, a doctor ought to prescribe an appetite stimulant ?

Thinking of you and your friend Stilllearning, nothing worse than losing a child ?

Love your hair GrannyGravy, great colour and in great condition. Wish mine was as sleek.

Happy anniversary Harris ?

It is indeed "once more" Shakespeare's birthday Grammaretto ?
Happy St George's Day to all English men and women far and wide (including my WP in Wales) ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Apr-21 10:35:15

mamaa

Not sure why I cant get the emojis up and on my post but here's a picture of us on our wedding day 40 years ago!

Beautiful picture, have a fabulous Anniversary ??

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Apr-21 10:34:01

Hello Maw I do hope that Maisie brings you great joy x

I must thank you for my Sahara addiction, unfortunately DH’s Credit Card is not so pleased ? (why use mine, when DH’s is infront in my wallet) ?

hulahoop Fri 23-Apr-21 10:33:57

Good morning from West York's it's a lovely day again Gg your hair looks lovely I have never been able to grow my hair past my chin ?Its good to hear Maw has got another 4legged companion .We are clearing out a small shed which is full of Gc bikes ,scooters 3rd hope there arn,t too many spiders ???take care everyone

muse Fri 23-Apr-21 10:31:27

EllanVannin
I just bought a BT Decor 2600 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker. Four days now and no calls. All calls are monitored before they come through to us.

mamaa Fri 23-Apr-21 10:31:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mamaa Fri 23-Apr-21 10:25:36

Morning all. I'm quite excited this morning as I'm awaiting a Rick Stein at home meal delivery. This weekend we will have been married for 40 years- can't think how as I'm still only 29 wink
Due to this past year's shenanigans all previous plans to celebrate our Ruby Wedding were put on hold and it became apparent that a large family get together wasn't going to happen so now its: dinner (with champers and wine) a deux courtesy of Mr Stein tonight, BBQ with DS and his little family in our garden tomorrow, and drinks in the afternoon with the neighbours on the actual day, again in the garden, on Sunday with a Chinese for us later for dinner.
All in all, we consider ourselves to be very lucky and we have 2nd jabs due at the end of next week. grin
Hope you find a flamingo or 2 in your day, but if not here are some flowers for those of us who might find today challenging for whatever reason.

muse Fri 23-Apr-21 10:21:49

Good morning from a sunny but chilly Cornwall. Coffee inside today. I'm sure it will warm up nicely soon.

Feel out of touch with all your news. Haven't been on GN for a few days.

Susan. Did the consultant say in what way your back teeth were a mess? I wonder if your dentist has ever suggested a hygienist. Some years ago I started with a private practice as struggled to find a NHS one in Cornwall. The dentist recommended I saw the hygienist there. She really sorted out my back teeth. It took two appointments but well worth it.

GG13 Beautiful. I hope my grey locks look as sleek in two weeks time after I've been for my appointment. Don't put the bedding plants out yet, we're not totally clear of frost.
Sheep Have a lovely lunch and fingers crossed nothing scuppers it. Well deserved.

Stillearning flowers flowers

Baubles Lovely news. I am a big fan of odd sockssmile. I buy most of my odd socks from Dedoles. Have my tiger ones on today.

Off to read more news from you all (only 1/2 way through). Have a careful day everyone.?

Dwmxwg Fri 23-Apr-21 10:20:59

Good morning from north Surrey. A bright and fresh day.
Have only caught up with page 1 of posts so bear with me if I have missed someone
GG13 I love, love your hair, colour and cut
glammagran congratulations on the birth of your grandson
amselerin how lovely to be able to divide your time between countries and see all the family
Brook like you I find the Fitbit is a real incentive to keep the steps up
harrigran I do hope your DH likes the taste of the supplement drinks, they are full of calories and essential minerals and vitamins and you. Can incorporate them into smoothies too
I have had a busy morning already. Boys up and off to school and then went to the gym (the more exercise I do the more energy I have). Off to visit mum and dad soon, they are easing themselves out of hibernation too and ventured out on the local bus this week! I am so pleased for them as lockdown/s has had a massive effect on their well-being
Had a call from work yesterday asking for help so I am now working Saturday and Sunday, but shifts have been scarce recently so am pleased to get them
Will catch up with rest of posts this afternoon, take care all and a Happy St George’s Day, the boys went off in their beaver and Cubs jumpers this morning ???????

Grandmafrench Fri 23-Apr-21 10:11:04

Good Morning everyone from a glorious St George's Day only celebrated by moi in this location! Sun and warmth, superb. Blossom everywhere, I am determined to have a good day, hope you all do too.

Laura Stop it! ? That poor man!

GG or GorjussGran beautiful hair. Harri maybe don't forget to ask the Consultant or GP about something prescribed which will act as an appetitive stimulant. He needs to keep up his strength. ?

Maw So kind, so clever, so sensible - and an absolute tribute to dear Hattie. Be happy together. x
Super news about young Bogdon, sheep - one less worry for you about your animal family.

Not the most helpful way to speak of your teeth, Susan. What does "mess" mean? Is that a medical term? My last Dentist told me that it's becoming almost impossible to find and employ really good dentists now. Together with the huge costs of treatment, it's a wonder we aren't all toothless. I'd definitely change my dentist, especially if you have health cover.

Ellianne you should never go to beautiful places without a fish finger costume! Have a brilliant time with your GC's Jax - you've waited so patiently. Best of luck later, Urms. Still so much sadness, hope you are all o.k. Grandmajet taking proper care of yourself today? Well done you.

Grey big ouch for you! No scone goes unpunished, obviously! Keep a tiny bottle of pure lavender oil nearby. I do. Dab on any unbroken skin after a burn and the pain relief is almost instant. Beech please remember that tired=grumpy!
Have a much better day today - out in your posh new frock.

Good Morningers all over, here there and everywhere, do what you do best on this sunny Friday and don't give up your search for happy times and Flamingoes. Stay safe, above all.

Hugs to you all from France ??‍♀️ - from a woman almost drunk on the scent of her neighbours' Lilacs. x

CherryCezzy Fri 23-Apr-21 10:05:49

Good morning one and all from sunny, breezy Gower.

Yesterday was a good day. Hurrah! ?.
Since I didn't get the opportunity to spend my Seasalt voucher on Tuesday and it was itching to be used my WP and me went down to the village. We had a good old wander and went into so many places that our hands were stinging from all the hand gel we used ?. We went into our favourite charity shop and picked up a couple of real bargains ?. Two beautiful limited edition prints framed by a fine art dealer. They were £5 each and are probably worth ten times as much each! Lucky ?. We also picked up a gorgeous hand crafted tile from the same shop, again £5. A bargain. Lucky ?. We went into the Gallery shop and managed to find the beautiful kitchen worktop saver that matches our coasters etc. Lucky ?. Then I finally got to spend my voucher. I found a gorgeous dress and a lovely top in the sale with an extra 20% off, in my size! They had my name written all over them. Lucky ?
When we arrived back home we were getting out of the car and saw our new neighbour just getting out of here. We stopped and chatted, as you do ?. We had, probably, the longest chat we've had since she and her son moved in. She, tentatively, raised the issue of our mutual neighbour. I have an ally!! She was telling me what our neighbour has put her through, some very unpleasant stuff, I had no idea. In the past when I've approached other neighbour's they have either told me they don't know anything or won't get involved so I gave up trying to garner their involvement. My new neighbour is all together of a different mind and we have set up a meeting, PCSO involvement, for one afternoon next week. We don't know which afternoon yet but will be notified. Lucky ?.
I'm having my second covid jab, last appointment this morning. Lucky ?

EllanVannin Fri 23-Apr-21 09:57:41

Good Morning All x.
This weather is just glorious so much so that I did my 1/4 mile walk through the cemetery to Asda. I surprised myself I must say as after having been on my backside for over a year that I was able to pick up where I'd left off with the walking, without effort. It felt good. Taxi back though with all the groceries grin

Had done some shredding before I left, then on my return carried on filling the charity bag. I was nearly in tears putting baby toys into the bag from the toy box I kept here when the GGC visited, but it was no use hanging on to them adding to the clutter. I still have a big Lego table and bag of Lego at the back of the settee though. I only scratched the surface winging out my clothes, it's ridiculous.

Susan how awful that the dentist didn't do a proper job on your teeth. They're so important for your physical health. Let's hope that a new one can sort things out for you.
It scares me to death thinking about it.

Hoovering to do while the cats are out in the sun, more shredding, then coffee in the sun.

I've had a few phone scam calls this week and the latest number at 08.59 this morning was---01604494552, Northampton number. I didn't speak and neither did the person on the other end. There have been a few other numbers which I've ignored, first one was about BT. I simply replace the receiver. Annoying !

Usual fish and chips later, nothing much changes for Friday meals as they always contain fish grin don't ask me why.

Hoping harrigran's patients are feeling a bit better during this fine weather----if you have it that is.
Anywone else not feeling up to it I hope things improve xx

Thoughts to the missing links flowers Have a good day all and stay safe.

annsixty Fri 23-Apr-21 09:53:17

Good morning all.
A very infrequent poster but I do read every day.
I was prompted to post this morning when reading about St George’s Day.
My H always came home from work with a red rose in his buttonhole.
His secretary ( no PA’s then) was very traditional and always celebrated the day.
They retired on the same day and within weeks she was diagnosed with a very aggressive and nasty cancer and died without ever receiving either of her pensions, they had both taken early retirement, we were so sad for her on all counts.

It was two years last Sunday since my H died , a very sad weekend.

So pleased you still read Maw, a special Good morning to you and a warm welcome to Maisie.

LauraNorder Fri 23-Apr-21 09:45:15

Sorry Maw, can’t seem to remember from one page to another. Maisie not Daisy. I’m sure she’s lucky to have you and vice versa