Gransnet forums

Chat

Shoes how many do you own!

(34 Posts)
Sallywally1 Sat 01-May-21 10:02:07

I have loads, especially sandals and have just ordered another pair, in navy. I bought them from Gabor. I have wide, quite sensitive feet and Gabor do some stylish ones.

My OH thinks I have too many shoes, but I do like an outfit to match! He says he has a brown pair and a black pair and that’s enough!

Redhead56 Sat 01-May-21 12:03:58

Including sandles which I don't wear a lot about thirty pairs. Six of them are lined up in the hall all flat and frumpy. It's all I can wear now if we go out I can get away with tiny kittten heels or Mary Jane style shoes.
When I was young I wore Airwear for work or other flats. Nights out I wore good quality patent leather shoes the heel wasn't extremely high like they are now. I was looking for something only yesterday and said to DH I must give all these shoes to charity.

Amberone Sat 01-May-21 12:37:33

I was decluttering during lockdown and have 22 high heels in boxes in the wardrobe, some hardly worn, and all beautiful. I have hardly worn high heels since retiring but couldn't bear to get rid of them. They are now in the charity bags.

Apart from that there are three pairs of high boots (worn all Winter), two pairs of ankle boots, four pairs of Hotter flats, and three pairs of sandals. Also some flip flops and trainers. Never wear trainers anymore so they should really be in the bin, not fit for a charity shop.

grannytilly2511 Sat 01-May-21 13:11:19

Far too many , about 40 to 50 pairs
Some I haven’t worn for years , but just can’t bear to part with them . Heels are far too high for me to walk in now .
That includes boots and sandals

Judy54 Sat 01-May-21 15:00:22

Around 30 to 40 pairs. I also have small feet size 2 and tend to buy them when I see them and hang on to them. Almost impossible to buy such small sizes in UK other than really expensive ones. Have brought some lovely shoes back from Italy and Spain (some years ago) and still using them today. I adore shoes but can only buy what I see in my size rather than choosing something I love say for a special occasion.

Sallywally1 Sat 01-May-21 17:22:14

Not sure how many I’ve got, they are all over the place! Some I can’t wear due to various past injuries, but am reluctant to throw them out. As well as being wide one of my feet is strangely wider just below the little toe, so that often rubs. I have a lot of hotter sandals, but wish they did a larger variety of wide, shoes.

For years I put up with shoes which were too narrow, until I realised the problem was my feet and not the shoes, though I have never been able to wear tottery high heels! Shoes used to rub on the back of my heel routinely and cause agony. I’ve never understood why lots of women put up with sore feet for the sake of glamour. A man never would.

Nonogran Sat 01-May-21 17:53:35

Try being tall with size 9 feet! A long "aristocratic" English foot, as once described to me in Rayne, London.
I buy what I can get but have about 25 pairs in their boxes, all labelled for quick reference.
I wear most of them during the course of the year.

Grammaretto Sun 02-May-21 09:04:07

So that's why I feel like one of Cinderella's sisters when I try on shoes in any high street shop. I am not an Aristocratic English lady! Nonogran grin

I used to buy ecco shoes when they were made in Denmark (I have broad European feet) but then the company moved their manufacturing to Portugal where I am convinced that someone in the factory there couldn't believe the width of the shoes and altered the lasts. Hmph!!

I have to choose very carefully and the ones I have just bought online may have to be returned to Hotter.

Aztra Mon 03-May-21 10:07:58

4 PRS trainers 13 prs shoes 5prs sandals 6 PRS ankle boots 2 PRS long boots none of em older than 2 yrs