Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(439 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 03-May-21 11:39:22

it turns out that the publicity shy couple were so keen on privacy that they didnt even want the £38 million wedding we were forced into paying for them, blimey, they could have said something earlier, like before the public coughed up a fortune for security, A list celeb guests and more melodrama than an x factor sob story, they are now claiming they wanted none of that because " it didnt feel like their day ", but they went through it anyway, bless em. They told Oprah that they actually had a private exchange of vows three days before, just the two of them were present as well as the archbishop of canterbury - perfectly normal behaviour, , now that they have aired all their laundry in public to the whole world, they are off to work on that private life they claim to crave, At least until the next big interview comes up

Ali08 Wed 17-Nov-21 13:12:04

Theworriedwell
Great quote from your GP. I suspect nowadays the poor chap would be in very hot water for being so honest!!

lilypollen Sat 13-Nov-21 22:35:46

Royal has-beens. Take away the Sussex titles they are abusing. British press don't give them column inches but hang on, they sell papers or clicks.

Bluebellwould Sat 13-Nov-21 22:10:41

I criticised the fit of the dress not her weight. I was surprised that someone who is well off and can afford a designer dress would not have it fitted properly particularly over the nipples. Unless of course, the exaggerated protuberance over the nipples was deliberate. As someone who slops around in comfortable clothes I wouldn’t know fashion if it bit me on the bum so what would I know?

Sparklefizz Sat 13-Nov-21 11:48:28

I don't believe a word she says, she's been caught out in so many lies. I was a fan at first but after the Oprah interview, I find I just can't like her.

Calendargirl Fri 12-Nov-21 17:56:54

I agreed with your weight comment Peasblossom, but I knew that having had a baby earlier in the year would be mentioned also.

wink

Peasblossom Fri 12-Nov-21 17:33:08

weight post not weight list.

I must have typed pist and autocorrect turned it into list.

Interestingly I just typed lust and it turned it into pist.?

Peasblossom Fri 12-Nov-21 17:30:25

My weight list was made with a certain amount of fellow feeling. I couldn’t help noticing, especially round the hips and tum.
I guess I noticed it because I’m bottom heavy too. ?

theworriedwell Fri 12-Nov-21 17:11:32

lemongrove

I think a good clear red colour suits fair skinned people really well.I have a couple of red tops and always look more vibrant in them than paler colours, so I should buy more really.

You've never seen me in red then, well you wouldn't as I wouldn't wear it. I can remember borrowing a very nice red dress from my sister when we were teenagers, it didn't look the same on me as it did on her, she was like my dad in colouring and I was like my mum.

theworriedwell Fri 12-Nov-21 17:09:11

*Hmmm, can you imagine the furore if a white doctor had said ‘I can’t believe how black some of you black people are when you take your clothes off’ !
Nice of you to take it in good part though.* I don't think being black would make him keep doing blood tests for anaemia though. We got on well, he delivered one of my children when I had a home birth and if we met him out in town he always introduced my son as "One of my children" to whoever he was with.

theworriedwell Fri 12-Nov-21 17:06:25

Calistemon

I'm still trying to shift mine, theworriedwell!

The weight seemed to drop off after the first ones but at 37 it just didn't.

Took a while with mine but it did happen eventually. I'll never have a 23" waist again though.

lemongrove Fri 12-Nov-21 16:47:31

I think a good clear red colour suits fair skinned people really well.I have a couple of red tops and always look more vibrant in them than paler colours, so I should buy more really.

lemongrove Fri 12-Nov-21 16:45:36

theworriedwell

Josianne

This fair lady wears red well, theworriedwell.
I do at Christmas!

It's a nice dress, I'm probably paler than her, yes that almost blue white that some redheads have. Red just seems to emphasise how pale I am.

I once had a lovely Indian GP, he was forever doing blood tests on me as he was convinced I was anaemic. One day he told me he'd been told off about how many blood tests he was doing and he said, "I can't believe how white some of you white people are particularly when you take your clothes off." I thought it was funny but I suppose some people would be offended.

Hmmm, can you imagine the furore if a white doctor had said ‘I can’t believe how black some of you black people are when you take your clothes off’ !
Nice of you to take it in good part though.

Riverwalk Fri 12-Nov-21 16:18:13

Peasblossom

My word she’s put on some weight, hasn’t she? I thought so in that straight dress in New York and this one just confirms it.

Just an observation. People in glass houses and all that….

A bit mean to mention her weight - she had a baby only a few months ago. Are new mothers fair game?

I didn't like the dress, regardless of the weight.

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 15:49:06

I'm still trying to shift mine, theworriedwell!

The weight seemed to drop off after the first ones but at 37 it just didn't.

theworriedwell Fri 12-Nov-21 15:41:26

I think it takes longer to shift baby weight when you are an older mum, well it did for me. When I had my first at 18 I was back in normal clothes when I left hospital, 20 years later with number 4 it took ages and effort. Just not fair.

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 15:29:31

The weight police will be after you Peasblossom.
I was polite! ?

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 15:28:00

Peasblossom

My word she’s put on some weight, hasn’t she? I thought so in that straight dress in New York and this one just confirms it.

Just an observation. People in glass houses and all that….

In Meghan's defence, she has not long given birth (5 months ago) and all those celebrities who look stick thin a month after having a baby are either naturally skinny or poor role models for other new mums.

She looks fine to me although I didn't much like the dress the other one was better and more flsttering.

Calendargirl Fri 12-Nov-21 15:20:19

The weight police will be after you Peasblossom.

I assume you meant Meghan, not Nicole?

eazybee Fri 12-Nov-21 15:09:12

I think the dress was borrowed, probably at the last moment, which was why it didn't fit.

maddyone Fri 12-Nov-21 14:06:56

in the pictures posted…..

maddyone Fri 12-Nov-21 14:05:56

I don’t wear red either, but it looks lovely on other people. The dresses Nicole Kidman is wearing the pictures posted look lovely, but they fit her well.

Peasblossom Fri 12-Nov-21 14:05:24

theworriedwell

Josianne

This fair lady wears red well, theworriedwell.
I do at Christmas!

It's a nice dress, I'm probably paler than her, yes that almost blue white that some redheads have. Red just seems to emphasise how pale I am.

I once had a lovely Indian GP, he was forever doing blood tests on me as he was convinced I was anaemic. One day he told me he'd been told off about how many blood tests he was doing and he said, "I can't believe how white some of you white people are particularly when you take your clothes off." I thought it was funny but I suppose some people would be offended.

?

Ive got that blue/white redhead skin. It think it’s because all the veins show through,

When I was having a massage in Madagascar the girl said “Oh you have lovely blue skin. You can wear anything.’

Josianne Fri 12-Nov-21 13:57:56

Thank you .

theworriedwell Fri 12-Nov-21 13:57:50

Actually choosing colours is hard, pale just makes me invisible and bright colours make me look paler. Good job I'm not bothered.

I would like my DDs colouring though, black hair, dark eyes, tanned complexion. No blue veins showing.

theworriedwell Fri 12-Nov-21 13:56:23

Josianne

And my ginger dog wears red too!

But he's not deathly white like me. He's very handsome as well.