Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(439 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 03-May-21 11:39:22

it turns out that the publicity shy couple were so keen on privacy that they didnt even want the £38 million wedding we were forced into paying for them, blimey, they could have said something earlier, like before the public coughed up a fortune for security, A list celeb guests and more melodrama than an x factor sob story, they are now claiming they wanted none of that because " it didnt feel like their day ", but they went through it anyway, bless em. They told Oprah that they actually had a private exchange of vows three days before, just the two of them were present as well as the archbishop of canterbury - perfectly normal behaviour, , now that they have aired all their laundry in public to the whole world, they are off to work on that private life they claim to crave, At least until the next big interview comes up

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 13:31:05

He who must not be named and all his celebrity pals done good:

The event raised $53.8 million (£38.8 million) for Covax, which is working to to ensure vaccines are shared fairly among all nations, rich and poor. Organisers said it was enough to help purchase almost 10.3 million vaccine doses.

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 13:33:34

lemongrove

Namsnanny

I think it is the love of arguing allied with something else, I have my own theory on that
Me too!smile

wink

Ooohhhhhh do share please

Atqui Mon 03-May-21 13:34:00

Oh dear! What is TAAT ? Please?

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 13:35:33

Atqui

Oh dear! What is TAAT ? Please?

Doing it is a cardinal sin and almost as bad as being MM ?

lemongrove Mon 03-May-21 13:38:52

Iam64

lemon grove, there are some things we will never agree on, H and M being one of them. I’m off to do something relaxing. It’s pouring with rain, cold and windy here. Dog walk wet and muddy, both dogs showered and almost dry so the kitchen has that happy wet dog aroma - this too will pass. Enjoy the bank holiday everyone - as an aside, I rather enjoyed Harry’s celeb appearance at the vax rally ???

Yes, there are several ( maybe many) things we can’t agree on Iam64 but we always manage to be civil about it.?Raining here too and have a baking afternoon planned.

Ellianne Mon 03-May-21 13:41:08

Alegrias1

^The event raised $53.8 million (£38.8 million) for Covax, which is working to to ensure vaccines are shared fairly among all nations, rich and poor. Organisers said it was enough to help purchase almost 10.3 million vaccine doses.^

That is very commendable Alegrias. Seriously.

What is strange though, and yes I have just watched it, is that he was introduced as "Prince" Harry and the video screen behind him displayed his title "The Duke of Sussex."
It somehow doesn't sit right that he is living off the old titles he wishes to be removed from.

Smileless2012 Mon 03-May-21 13:45:31

Great that the event was so successful.

If not for his titles I very doubt he'd have been invited to attend Ellainne.

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 13:46:45

Even as a grumpy old monarchist I know that Harry is entitled to those titles unless the Queen removes them. He was born a Prince and remains a Prince until he dies.

Maybe the Queen doesn't see any point in taking their titles away. Maybe she doesn't feel so antagonistic towards them as some would have us believe.

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 13:48:29

Oh no - grumpy old republican! Not monarchist!!

What have I done..... shock

Smileless2012 Mon 03-May-21 13:49:48

You could be right Alegrias. Maybe she's also aware that without his titles he might not find it quite so easy to be financially independent.

Ellianne Mon 03-May-21 13:50:49

That wasn't my point Alegrias. I meant Harry's desire to cling onto anything to do with the royal family when it suits but to criticise its workings and its members when it doesn't.
I've no idea whether GGM feels antagonism towards Harry or not.

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 13:52:14

I'm so not getting into this argument.

Ellianne Mon 03-May-21 13:54:05

Alegrias1

I'm so not getting into this argument.

That's fine * Alegrias*. I was just affording you the courtesy of a polite, sensible reply .

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 13:55:35

Appreciated Ellianne

Mildmanneredgran Mon 03-May-21 13:55:59

Alegrias1

^The event raised $53.8 million (£38.8 million) for Covax, which is working to to ensure vaccines are shared fairly among all nations, rich and poor. Organisers said it was enough to help purchase almost 10.3 million vaccine doses.^

OK, that's great. So where are all those vaccine doses? Do we get to see where they get shipped to, and visual proof of them being delivered and used?

timetogo2016 Mon 03-May-21 13:57:52

WHO ?.
Stopped reading about h n m months ago.

Atqui Mon 03-May-21 13:58:57

Well , I googled it and TAAT seems to be a global cigarettes manufacturer using tobacco alternative . I did ask nicely ?

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 14:00:41

Why does it matter what he may be living off? I mean it’s not as though he’s alone in that is it ? If that is indeed the case. He’ll never not be the Q’s grandson and the next king’s son and one after that’s brother will he? You can’t eradicate any of that title or no title. Yes I know, ‘snot fair is it?

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 14:00:59

Mildmanneredgran

Alegrias1

OK, that's great. So where are all those vaccine doses? Do we get to see where they get shipped to, and visual proof of them being delivered and used?

Well the event was only last night so they probably haven't bought them yet confused

Honestly, is that a serious criticism? The event was for COVAX. The Pope was involved FGS.

Urmstongran Mon 03-May-21 14:01:06

It means either ‘thread about a thread’ or ‘talking about a thread’.
I’m not quite sure which Atqui but you are very welcome.
Thank you for your patience.
Your call means a lot to us.
?

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 14:01:15

Atqui

Well , I googled it and TAAT seems to be a global cigarettes manufacturer using tobacco alternative . I did ask nicely ?

Sorry - thread about a thread

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 14:01:35

Atqui
Thread about a thread (taat)

I'd love to know lemongroves and nams theory too?
So much secrecy ?

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 14:02:01

Like buses!

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 14:02:24

FannyCornforth

Atqui
Thread about a thread (taat)

I'd love to know lemongroves and nams theory too?
So much secrecy ?

Well secrecy is one word for it ?

Lucca Mon 03-May-21 14:08:33

Ok I’m back as it’s raining.... hands up iam64, suziewoozie and others......who has ever said h and m can do no wrong ? Or that they are “sacred cows “?
Not me for sure,