Gransnet forums

Chat

Cycle of Pain

(64 Posts)
nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 13:29:41

Harry Windsor’s latest description of his life at the palace going on about genetic pain and suffering. Oh my, he really rubs it in. How difficult for his father and brother to have to cope with public comments like that. Why couldn’t he just say it privately if that is what he feels?

3nanny6 Fri 14-May-21 21:34:01

I expect it will be something prestigious and private.
At the end of the day Harry is still of Royal blood and Archie also has his connections to the Royal family whether people like it or not. Archie will need to have bodyguards/protection
and will not lead a life in total freedom.

Atqui Fri 14-May-21 21:32:40

My point was that Charles apparently hated Gordonstoun, and so he didn’t send his children there.

Atqui Fri 14-May-21 21:28:45

If Harry’s parents wanted the freedom to go to dinner parties and holidays abroad, I’m sure they could have found alternative arrangements to boarding at atop,public school

Atqui Fri 14-May-21 21:25:34

I wonder what kind of educational establishment Harry will choose for Archie?

3nanny6 Fri 14-May-21 21:06:01

No Atqui his father did not send him to Gordonstoun. On the other hand he was packed off to Eton College where William was already studying. Whilst being a prestigious educational facility it is never the less nothing more than a place to keep all the upper class little darlings away from home so any of the parents can have dinner parties and jet off here and there as and when. A friend of mine worked at Eton College and she said that many of the boys were unhappy and would rather have been educated and lived at home.
As for the local comprehensive or acadamy which is what the local schools are called these days those posh lads would never be able to hold their own in places like those.

Greeneyedgirl Fri 14-May-21 20:55:48

He’s probably been having counselling and feels like letting it all hang out. grin

Atqui Fri 14-May-21 20:50:14

At least Charles didn’t send him to Gordonstoun. Perhaps he’d rather have gone to the local comp. so that his father did not perpetuate the cycle of pain. I can’t see that Harrys childhood was anything like his fathers. As most people have said , if he craves anonymity and privacy, stop doing public interviews .

grandmajet Fri 14-May-21 20:46:28

I’ve always felt sorry for him and tried to excuse his outbursts against his family, but this time he’s just been completely horrible. I wondered if it was just the press exaggerating it, then I heard the recording of what he actually said. What a self centred, whining, over privileged little brat.

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 20:14:40

confused

Alegrias1 Fri 14-May-21 20:12:02

Ooohhh, this one was incognito.

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 20:04:00

Great posts Madgran and Peasblossom. Harry would do better to use his experiences to help others as he claims to be doing, rather than using them to publicly trash and humiliate his family.

He may well discover in the not too distant future that the only person he's ultimately trashed and humiliated is himself.

Peasblossom Fri 14-May-21 19:56:03

Well I’m sure they’ll discover (like we all did) that parenting isn’t as easy as think, once your child develops a personality and ideas if it’s own?

But if the proof of the pudding is in the eating Id say the Queen hasn’t done so badly as a mother. Her four children have stayed close, loyal and supportive of her. Their grief for their father appeared genuine. The majority of her in-laws speak of her with affection. Most of her grandchildren and their children consider themselves part of a close family and have created families of their own.

If there was such a toxic cycle of pain, such as Harry describes, I think things would look very different.

Madgran77 Fri 14-May-21 19:55:58

His problem is that William, Catherine and 3 delightful children are highlighting brilliantly how to go through a difficult upbringing/childhood experience, grow up, marry after very careful consideration, have 3 children, find a balance between public life/private life, create an appropriate challenge when needed (topless photos of Kate), but also work with the press and provide enough insight for the public to enjoy (delightful photos of family) and basically make it work for all! Harry choosing to go to America with his family ..OK, but it seems so unfair to then trash his family, talk on behalf of his father and brother about how they feel and generally wash the family linen in public, all in the name of "withdrawing from the Royal role!" and "being self supporting!" Self support without trashing family and speaking for others fine...but what is happening just doesn't seem right!!

Greeneyedgirl Fri 14-May-21 19:36:31

I get your point Smileless but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to make people aware of emotional damage in childhood, and its self perpetuating nature, and that it is possible to prevent it continuing. He reaches a huge audience by his celebrity status.

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 18:28:35

But on GN, the identity of not just the poster but the person or people they are posting about is unknown Greeneyedgirl and no one posting on GN is doing so to further promote their 'celebrity' status.

I don't understand how anyone can support what he's doingconfused.

Deedaa Fri 14-May-21 18:24:26

Their outpourings are beginning to sound like a bad Mills and Boon novel with a topping of LA psychobabble. DD is a geneticist - I'd love to hear Harry explaining Genetic Suffering to her.

Greeneyedgirl Fri 14-May-21 18:17:51

I think Harry is right. He may be well known but he’s a human being and just mirroring many similar posts about difficult a childhood on GN.

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 18:05:56

So do I Blossoming and I hope it's on H's and M's abilities and not on the only 'talent' H appears to have which is to trash and humiliate his own family.

His latest out burst is quite simply vile, and the only way he'll ever be able to understand the pain he has caused his father is if in the future, God forbid, Archie does the same thing to him.

Let's face it, Archie will have something to complain about that H never has; not having the relationship he could have had with his GF, GGM and extended family.

Chestnut Fri 14-May-21 17:59:15

Blossoming

I hope Harry and his family have a happy and successful life in the USA.

I agree. I would never wish them ill but I do wish they'd just go away and stop trashing their family. I'd rather they shut up and I never hear about them again.

Blossoming Fri 14-May-21 17:36:33

I hope Harry and his family have a happy and successful life in the USA.

Buffybee Fri 14-May-21 17:19:37

BlueBelle

Oh please could you give it a rest It’s NOT our business just leave them alone if you don’t like them why does every time they fart have to be chewed over

Are we only allowed to discuss people who we like now?
He’s being played like a fiddle to spout propaganda, for one thing and one thing only.
Money!
He’s a total disgrace to his family and this country and I, for one, wish he would just fade into obscurity.

lemongrove Fri 14-May-21 17:11:33

FrenchGranny

I thoroughly agree that it is not our business, so why does Harry ensure that the whole world does know about his private life. I could respect and understand his need to get away, but I can’t understand his negative comments in public on his own family!

Exactly.

Chestnut Fri 14-May-21 16:38:38

3nanny6 Any child brought up in that is damn well going to be f**king screwed in the head. If that was an ordinary child without his background they would probably be a drug addict by now.
So an ordinary child who loses his mother and then discovers his father loved someone else is likely to be a drug addict? I'm sure there are many people who have dealt with these issues who are not!

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 16:28:16

It's impossible to avoid. Like you eazybee I don't read the articles, the headlines and leaders are enough.

They clearly want people to talk about them don't they even if what they get up too is "sick making".

25Avalon Fri 14-May-21 14:13:36

All publicity is good publicity. He and M need to keep in the public eye for their business ventures to continue to prosper. If you find what he says sick making then don’t listen.