Gransnet forums

Chat

Cycle of Pain

(63 Posts)
3nanny6 Fri 14-May-21 14:13:30

Harry was always only the second son which meant he would never be King perhaps he felt he was going to be at a loss from something he would have wanted to be.
Going on to a different generation now but his great aunt Princess Margaret also had to deal with her demons as she was never going to be Queen, and many times in the tabloids she was written about as the Rebellious Royal and did she not end her life quite reliant on alcohol.

I am not saying that Prince Harry is right with some of the things he is saying/doing but yes he did lose his mother in horrific circumstances and later his own father spilling his emotional guts that he had always loved Camilla which says a lot about what he thought of Diana.
Any child brought up in that is damn well going to be f**king screwed in the head. If that was an ordinary child
without his background they would probably be a drug addict by now.

eazybee Fri 14-May-21 14:10:25

They choose to make it our business, quite deliberately.
Every day for the past six days there has been an article in the Daily Telegraph starting with the sycophantic Bryony Gordon talking about H's issues, reports on H's and then M's pronouncements on covid , M working for Proctor and Gamble, the judge's comments on M's court case, their move to or possible away from Spotify, and today H's mental health issues and advice on how to bring up your children, again. All that gleaned from the headlines and leaders alone, I don't read the articles.

But DO NOT say they are entitled to a private life because they do not want one; they demand endless publicity and celebrity, except that it is now notoriety.

FrenchGranny Fri 14-May-21 14:07:49

I thoroughly agree that it is not our business, so why does Harry ensure that the whole world does know about his private life. I could respect and understand his need to get away, but I can’t understand his negative comments in public on his own family!

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 14:03:10

Yes it is AmberSpyglass and for those who have experienced it, I wonder how they feel about a fellow 'sufferer' using his alleged experience to publicly trash his well known family, and ensure that he keeps himself in the limelighthmm.

AmberSpyglass Fri 14-May-21 13:58:58

Generational trauma is a recognised thing.

Smileless2012 Fri 14-May-21 13:54:25

If only he was just farting on American TV BlueBelle and MerylStreep it would be far less offensive wouldn't it.

His self pity is as embarrassing as it is tiresome and if he wasn't the 'unfortunate emotionally abused' GS to our Queen and son to our future king, no one would be interested in him anyway.

nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 13:53:42

Well Trump is getting more and more support, could talk about that.

MerylStreep Fri 14-May-21 13:47:41

BlueBelle

Oh please could you give it a rest It’s NOT our business just leave them alone if you don’t like them why does every time they fart have to be chewed over

Very good ?

ExD Fri 14-May-21 13:46:42

Oh go-on BB, its almost as good as poking fun at Boris et al.

Santana Fri 14-May-21 13:44:26

Whilst I did feel sorry for him when his mum died, I think it's about time he got over himself and moved on with his life.
We all suffer from genetic suffering in one way or another, but don't bang on about it in the press.
All rather self absorbed and tiresome now. Suppose the publicity helps with his self promotion excerise now that he isn't living off the British taxpayer.

nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 13:43:46

Why do they go public? Why ?

BlueBelle Fri 14-May-21 13:31:55

Oh please could you give it a rest It’s NOT our business just leave them alone if you don’t like them why does every time they fart have to be chewed over

nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 13:29:41

Harry Windsor’s latest description of his life at the palace going on about genetic pain and suffering. Oh my, he really rubs it in. How difficult for his father and brother to have to cope with public comments like that. Why couldn’t he just say it privately if that is what he feels?