Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(1001 Posts)
earnshaw Sun 16-May-21 12:14:56

I was so saddened by the interview with harry and megan , why would two people who have got exactly what they wanted are happy to create such pain for others

theworriedwell Mon 31-May-21 09:20:55

trisher

I haven't I think ridiculed Charles at anytime. I have a certain sympathy for him, but I doubt if he had any real comprehension of how to father children. His own father being domineering and his grandfathers not being in his life.

Thanks Galaxy. I'm quite used to being accused of many things I am not. In a spirt of kindness and consideration of course.

Charles had other male figures in his life.

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 09:47:44

Diana told so many lies,

a bride walking down the aisle on her wedding day, 3,500 guests in the cathedral and she spots Camilla who was sitting quite a distance from the aisle, I do not believe this

Galaxy Mon 31-May-21 09:48:31

I do grin

trisher Mon 31-May-21 10:50:30

If I don't believe something someone says can I just accuse them of lying? Doesn't it require some evidence to do that?
Something it's impossible to prove anyway.

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 10:58:44

Yes, I should have said ‘I doubt she spotted Camilla in a crowd of 3,500 or I don’t believe her .

Grany Mon 31-May-21 11:24:39

25Avalon

Grany that is rather a biased article from an organisation that has one agenda. To put the record straight The Duchy of Cornwall is privately owned. It was set up in 1337 by Edward 111 as a personal endowment for his son, The Black Prince. A charter ruled that each future Duke of Cornwall would be the eldest son of the monarch and heir to the throne.

I live next to Duchy land purchased after WW2 and interestingly my deeds show the owner of the land as registered with The Land Registry to be Prince Charles. It is a feudal organisation run as a modern profit making mechanism and not all of us approve of the way it treats its tenants who are mostly too scared to speak the truth for fear of the rent going up. PC is a hypocrite when it comes to development of Duchy land and his environmental ‘ideals’ Were the monarchy to be abolished I am uncertain as to what the legal rights would be particularly with land registered to Charles and there is a hell of a lot of it but difficult to find out. If you want to know go to whoownsengland.org and an article “ What land does the Duchy of Cornwall own?”

The artical may be biased but true their aim is the abolishing of the monarchy replaced it with an elected Head of State.

They explain and cover comprehensively about the workings of the Duchy and how it is not private only when heir to monarch becomes Duke several years when this did not happen. A Duke cannot give it away, sell it or leave it in a will.

As regards tennents land on the Duchy dispite it now law that tennents have rights to buy, Charles doesn't want to comply.

When Duchy land is back with Crown Estate all belonging to the nation. Nation Estate. The law would allow tennents their right to buy their land.

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 11:42:52

Don’t worry Grany Harry will never be Duke of Cornwall

lemsip Mon 31-May-21 12:55:20

Diana knew it was another boy but didn't tell charles as she knew he wanted a girl....... look it up

Princess didn’t tell Prince Charles she knew she was having another boy.

Diana revealed to Morton: “I knew Harry was going to be a boy because I saw on the scan. Charles always wanted a girl.

Lucca Mon 31-May-21 13:11:52

“Diana told so many lies, “

Such a nice comment again.

Iam64 Mon 31-May-21 13:21:23

Diana - wicked witch
Charles - hard done to by wicked witch
William and Harry - Charles the good parent
Diana - the wicked Witch

Keep up ?

JaneJudge Mon 31-May-21 13:22:33

I do admire all of your stamina on this thread and subject

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 13:32:23

lemsip She didn’t tell him the baby was a boy because he wanted a girl, suppose she thought she could continue to keep
the sex a secret after the birth .

Namsnanny Mon 31-May-21 14:21:44

JaneJudge

I do admire all of your stamina on this thread and subject

Last man standing!grin

Callistemon Mon 31-May-21 15:06:52

964, 965

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 15:12:41

Re: 'last man standing'
It's got to be Annie, surely, it just wouldn't be right if it wasn't smile

theworriedwell Mon 31-May-21 15:15:43

lemsip

Diana knew it was another boy but didn't tell charles as she knew he wanted a girl....... look it up

Princess didn’t tell Prince Charles she knew she was having another boy.

Diana revealed to Morton: “I knew Harry was going to be a boy because I saw on the scan. Charles always wanted a girl.

Also a spiteful unnecessary thing to announce to the world. How to damage your child. I wonder if Charles has ever said he wanted a girl? Maybe she was projecting, no one knows but undoubtedly she hurt her son.

Callistemon Mon 31-May-21 15:16:40

When is the new baby due?
Anyone want to take bets on names?
Or would that be for a new thread?

Namsnanny Mon 31-May-21 15:19:24

Has to be a new thread surely?

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 15:19:56

She was so clever, how does a woman remain silent about her
scan results when part of a large family, we can agree if Charles didn’t know the results of the scan no one did surely ?

Callistemon Mon 31-May-21 15:21:31

www.thebump.com/b/most-popular-baby-names

The names seem most unfamiliar to me!

Braxton? Presumably a boy's name but immediately made me think of Braxton Hicks contractions!

Callistemon Mon 31-May-21 15:22:55

Namsnanny

Has to be a new thread surely?

Yes, this has meandered somewhat from Meghan and Harry to his Mum and Dad.

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 15:41:52

If I were in charge - I'd call the new thread simply 'Royal Chat'.
Then everyone can just chip in and not be accused of 'derailing' (yawn)

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 16:46:46

Or maybe op will do one of two of two things, or even possibly both:

A) Do the honours of coming back and closing the thread
Or
B) Start another vague H&M (^Megan^, of course) thread

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 16:48:12

I do apologise for my syntax.
What an absolute mess

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 16:50:52

Callistemon

When is the new baby due?
Anyone want to take bets on names?
Or would that be for a new thread?

We definitely need a thread for that!! ?
We could have a sort of sweepstake!!
Can I do it - please Callistemon?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion