Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal Chat - All Welcome! ?

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 01-Jun-21 06:59:50

An Multi-Purpose Thread for All Things Royalty Based.

All are Welcome: Pro; Anti; Monarchist; Republican; a Strange Contradictory Mix; and Don't Knows.

All Topics are up for Discussion:
Both High Brow and Low -Constitutional; Gossip and Innuendo;
Family Members Old and New; Fashion to Infidelities.

You get the idea. ?

God Bless this Ship and All who Sail in Her! ?

Ellianne Thu 10-Jun-21 19:30:22

Here

FannyCornforth Thu 10-Jun-21 19:40:29

Fergie also wrote some books about a doll/girl called 'Little Red', who I think was based on herself (!)
I must admit, I do have a very soft spot for Fergie.

Callistemon Thu 10-Jun-21 19:46:26

Alegrias1

Oh God, no, my fault, I completely misunderstood, you're right. Should have been to Terribull.

I do apologise.

My fault for trying to read this on my phone flowers

Terribull you are very norty, getting me into trouble.
?

I must admit, I do have a very soft spot for Fergie.
I did until she got back with His Royal Wotisname.

Callistemon Thu 10-Jun-21 19:47:03

Ps the latter was to FannyC

Whatdayisit Thu 10-Jun-21 20:31:32

Budgie had 39 episodes on TV in the 90s.
I think The Bench will struggle to match Budgie's success.

Grany Thu 10-Jun-21 21:16:24

As this is about all things Royal

Royal Rewilding

Experts say that the world needs to ‘rewild’ - where land is restored to its natural landscape - an area the size of China by 2030 just to have a chance of tackling the climate crisis properly. And did you also know that the British royal family owns huge swathes of land in the UK? [1]

That’s right. More than 100 experts, academics and public figures are calling on the royal family to 're-wild' their land by restoring long-destroyed landscapes like forests and swamps. It’s a great way to encourage more wildlife - and will be vital in helping tackle the climate crisis. [2]

Prince Charles and Prince William have a history of supporting environmental causes - so we know they care about this issue. [3] Now it’s time for them to match their words with action, by ‘rewilding’ their own land. But they’ll only act if they know that we - the public - think they should.

Restoring natural landscapes that have been damaged by human use is a fantastic way of boosting wildlife and fighting the climate and biodiversity crisis - because more diverse land like forests and swamps absorb and store carbon dioxide really effectively. [4]

Rewilding one family’s land wouldn’t usually make much difference to the climate crisis - but when you’re the biggest landowning family in the country, it can make a massive difference. [5] That’s why it’s up to all of us to ask the royal family to do the right thing - and restore their land to its natural form.

So, will you sign the open letter now, asking the Royal family to listen to the experts - and commit to restoring their land to its natural form? Use the button below:

speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/royal-rewilding-ol?bucket=email-blast-10_6_2021_roy_rw_flt&utm_campaign=10_6_2021_roy_rw_flt&utm_medium=blast&utm_source=email

Calendargirl Thu 10-Jun-21 21:23:31

tickingbird

Seeing the Queen being presented with the DoE rose I was quite taken aback by how old and frail she looked. I think it was because she just had a dress and cardigan on and not dressed how we are used to seeing her.

With all that’s going on in her world she probably longs to join her husband,

Well, I thought she looked lovely in her summer dress and cardigan, simply dressed for a warm day receiving the rose.

And no, I bet she has no desire to join her husband just yet, I should think she feels she still needs to be steering the royal ship through turbulent waters.

mokryna Thu 10-Jun-21 21:46:35

She will be meeting the ‘new’ Americans this weekend, a refreshing change from the last lot, don’t you think?

Lucca Thu 10-Jun-21 22:18:27

mokryna

She will be meeting the ‘new’ Americans this weekend, a refreshing change from the last lot, don’t you think?

Absolutely!
By the way that thread where someone was talking about the queen having to meet “those American muppets”…did the OP ever return to explain her description ?

Callistemon Thu 10-Jun-21 22:35:50

So, will you sign the open letter now, asking the Royal family to listen to the experts - and commit to restoring their land to its natural form? Use the button below

No.

Harry and Meghan had the perfect opportunity to be ambassadors for The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy.
Prince Charles has done much to rewild, Highgrove being a good example.
The Queen and David Attenborough made a documentary 3 years ago entitled The Queen's Green Planet and we learned how the

Do keep up at the back.

Callistemon Thu 10-Jun-21 22:36:58

We learned how the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were involved in conservation in Windsor Great Park.

How much have you done?

SueDonim Thu 10-Jun-21 23:25:44

I drove past the Balmoral estate about four hours ago. It looked pretty wild already. I think I saw a couple of wolves and some bison. Though they could have been dogs out for an evening walk and some local deer.

maddyone Thu 10-Jun-21 23:32:27

Thanks Ellianne, I remember who Budgie is now. I’ve never bought a book written by a celebrity. I think there are better authors of children’s literature.

FannyCornforth Fri 11-Jun-21 08:46:35

maddyone

Thanks Ellianne, I remember who Budgie is now. I’ve never bought a book written by a celebrity. I think there are better authors of children’s literature.

Budgie will always be Adam Faith to me ??

Alegrias1 Fri 11-Jun-21 09:25:56

Anyone got any comments on the fact we've only seen the back of little Wilfred's head in the photos from Cornwall? Remind you of anything?

Mollygo Fri 11-Jun-21 09:29:47

Maddyone I agree about there being better authors of children’s literature than for example, the author of Budgie.
There are some very talented ghost writers out there and I suppose it pays well, but it always seems a bit deceitful of both the author and the famous person published as the author.
On the other hand, it’s very hard to get work published, so if I had chance to be backed by some famous name I wonder if I’d turn it down.

Ellianne Fri 11-Jun-21 10:06:29

Alegrias1

Anyone got any comments on the fact we've only seen the back of little Wilfred's head in the photos from Cornwall? Remind you of anything?

I was rather hoping for pictures of Dilyn the dog digging in the sand.

maddyone Fri 11-Jun-21 10:14:09

You’re right Alegrias we’ve only ever been allowed to see the back of little Wilfred’s head, and yes, he has a shock of golden curls. It’s probably a security issue as the children of people in the news can be targets, hence I have no problem with not being allowed to see little Archie’s face either.
Do you think Dilyn the dog has accompanied BJ and Carrie to Cornwall Ellianneor would his behaviour not be up to scratch do you think? grin

Blossoming Fri 11-Jun-21 10:51:05

FannyCornforth

maddyone

Budgie will always be Adam Faith to me ??

Yes! I loved that programme. Mr. B reduces me to tears of laughter sometimes by singing the theme song, which included the chorus ‘titty bum bum’. grin

Whatdayisit Fri 11-Jun-21 10:51:49

Phew i am glad to get back on the royal chat thread i feel like you need a suit of armour on the Lillibet thread!

Alegrias1 Fri 11-Jun-21 10:53:05

I agree with you wholeheartedly maddyone. But do you remember the name calling and criticism on here when the pictures of Archie came out?

Ellianne Fri 11-Jun-21 11:06:02

Do you think Dilyn the dog has accompanied BJ and Carrie to CornwallEllianneor would his behaviour not be up to scratch do you think?

He would probably try to h**p all the sniffer dogs at work, which wouldn't be helpful!

Sorry!

maddyone Fri 11-Jun-21 11:10:12

I do enjoy seeing the Cambridge children and following them growing up, but I wouldn’t have a problem if we were not allowed to see them either. I understand why people like to see the royal children but it is not a right, it’s a privilege if the parents choose to share with us. Yes I do remember the comments about not seeing Archie Alegrias and I think one way it could be avoided would be to not release modern ‘romantic’ (for want of a better word) black and white pictures showing a foot or whatever. Better to ask the press to not take any pictures of the child’s face and release very little themselves. I remember last summer, one picture of Carrie and Boris on holiday in Scotland with the baby in a carrier, so no view of his face. Then there were equally unkind comments that BJ and Carrie weren’t t really in Scotland! Those in the news will always have these type of comments made, so it’s best for them wherever possible to stay out of the news. Impossible though if you’re the Prime Minister, but the child’s right to privacy should always be respected. Harry and Meghan did allow us to see Archie on his first birthday though.

maddyone Fri 11-Jun-21 11:14:10

Ellianne grin

Callistemon Fri 11-Jun-21 11:22:11

SueDonim

I drove past the Balmoral estate about four hours ago. It looked pretty wild already. I think I saw a couple of wolves and some bison. Though they could have been dogs out for an evening walk and some local deer.

grin
?????

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion