Gransnet forums

Chat

Multi tasking

(31 Posts)
Tizliz Sat 05-Jun-21 19:00:25

I thought my husband couldn’t multi task but he is cooking burgers and testing the smoke alarm at the same time !

Liz46 Tue 08-Jun-21 11:14:46

I jokingly had a whinge to my stepdaughter about her dad the other day.

A bit later I very nearly took a photo of him multi tasking to send to her but it seemed a bit mean.

Her dad was fast asleep in the garden with his mouth open, snoring, sunbathing and sleeping.

Craftycat Tue 08-Jun-21 11:07:13

Thank you- I needed a laugh this morning!

hazel93 Tue 08-Jun-21 09:02:27

No chance here either ! The upside being I can say " thinking of buying ....." while his brain is elsewhere and he simply grunts OK.
Happy days !

Tedd1 Tue 08-Jun-21 08:51:53

Loving all the posts. Really cheered me up

Tedd1 Tue 08-Jun-21 08:49:47

Hilarious!!

Liz46 Tue 08-Jun-21 07:15:45

Harmonypuss

I've not found a single man yet that can multitask with the exception of exactly what @Timetogo2016's DH does ?

Exactly!

Harmonypuss Tue 08-Jun-21 06:51:40

I've not found a single man yet that can multitask with the exception of exactly what @Timetogo2016's DH does ?

Lilyflower Mon 07-Jun-21 17:04:46

No multi tasking here, alas. The DH just walked out of the kitchen leaving the open cake to the mercy of flying creatures because he had to fetch his hat.

Sparky56 Mon 07-Jun-21 15:49:30

I’ve got one like that grandtanteJE65!!

Rumpunch Mon 07-Jun-21 15:43:34

My husband also says he multi-tasks just not at the same time. so if he's busy and you talk to him you will not get an answer there and then. An hour later when you have given up he'll answer your question - so he does hear you it just isn't important to answer straight away.

HillyN Mon 07-Jun-21 14:07:11

I don't know if it counts as multi-tasking, but my DH can sleep and watch TV at the same time. When I turn the TV off he wakes up and declares, "I was watching that!"

Funnygran Mon 07-Jun-21 13:52:43

When my DH is doing Suduko it’s almost impossible to break his train of thought, he will look up but he’s obviously not listening. I’ve started to write down anything I really want to say so I don’t forget and so I can have a meaningful discussion when he’s finished!

grandtanteJE65 Mon 07-Jun-21 13:16:17

My sister once took the book Daddy was reading out of his hands before telling him something important.

He looked utterly flabbergasted, but the rest of us knew that he could carry on a perfectly sensible conversation with any of us while reading a book.

The snag being that afterwards he couldn't remember the conversation, but could quote the book verbatim.

My DH can definitely NOT multi-task. It has taken him a fortnight just to get off his backside and tidy HIS TOOLS off our table before his sisters and brothers-in-law come this Wednesday,

I have in the same space of time, hoovered the entire house, washed the kitchen, bathroom, wash-kitchen and hall floors. Polished the hall floor, planned the menu, scrubbed the front and back door-steps, cleaned the bathroom and done all my usual shopping, housework and cooking as well.

kentmaid Mon 07-Jun-21 13:11:39

My husband boasts he is perfectly capable of multi-tasking. He just does it one task at a time!!!

Witzend Mon 07-Jun-21 09:11:27

My dh has a particular ‘patiently listening’ expression he puts on when his mind is completely elsewhere. So at least I will know that he hasn’t taken anything in, and I’ll have to tell him again later.
Before anyone says it, it’s no use saying, ‘You’re not actually listening, are you?’ - long experience has taught me that!
Still, he’s not a bad old bugger really - no plans to trade him in yet.?

Tizliz Mon 07-Jun-21 09:01:44

This is really annoying - you accuse them of not listening then they repeat verbatim what you have said for the last 10 mins! Doesn’t mean they have ‘listened’ properly though.

Lollin Mon 07-Jun-21 05:13:36

My Dh often sips his tea while listening to me and can then suddenly remark on something someone said on the radio. The thing is he isn’t too bad at telling me what I just said!

nanna8 Mon 07-Jun-21 02:40:00

Mine can’t multitask at all. If you talk to him when he is concentrating he just doesn’t hear you at all. Have to be careful in the car !

boheminan Sun 06-Jun-21 20:56:51

Mine can have a deep, world changing conversation with me whilst playing kiddies games on his laptop!

3dognight Sun 06-Jun-21 20:23:35

Mine can cook tea and talk to his mates on the phone at the same time!

Megs36 Sun 06-Jun-21 20:18:25

To everyone ????

lemsip Sun 06-Jun-21 09:59:38

Tizliz ha ha ha,

Puzzler61 Sun 06-Jun-21 09:56:09

My DH sits tapping on the computer ?‍? watches a football match or golf on TV ? alongside, and often has an i-pod in his lugs ? playing music ?
I’ve told him he will have brain-burnout.

Witzend Sun 06-Jun-21 09:19:16

timetogo2016 ??

timetogo2016 Sun 06-Jun-21 09:15:25

My dh only multi tasks in bed,he can sleep,snore and break wind at the same time.
Sorry if it`s tmi on a Sunday.