Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(5 Posts)
rafichagran Sat 12-Jun-21 19:20:42

Hello Rufus
Yes a lovely day here today, left my partner watching sport, and I went out, had to buy a dress, then went into a coffee shop for coffee and a toastie.
Went home and just enjoyed laying on the settee.
I remember Dixon of Dock Green as a very young child, your 'Evening All' made me remember. Sleep well.

Megs36 Sat 12-Jun-21 18:24:11

Hello Rufus,Im late to the party again, guess you are in dreamland…
Had a few good things lately meeting up with family and friends. HOWEVER
OurFreedom date looks like it’s going to be July now, there goes wedding plans for grandson on July 2nd although there is faint hope that when Boris ‘talks’ on Monday he may extend some of the restrictions ,ie only 30 guests. Our whole family , some not seen for nearly a year were invited as well as a lot more guests so hope for the best.
Hope your weather is improving and that you are getting lots of snaps of the new baby.
Cheers ????????

Jaxjacky Sat 12-Jun-21 15:55:52

Hi Rufus, Chris Tarrant is welcome to those temperatures brrrrr. Lovely here, now on regular watering duty, allotment and garden, we’re not allowed to use a hose on the allotment, so it’s back and forth with the watering can, hoping MrJ offers to help today. No eating out plans here, we’re not regulars to eateries, bbq for two tomorrow, I’ll prep, he’ll ‘cook’, reminds me, better get the bangers out of the freezer. Our local held a sweepstake last night for the Euros, £2 a go, I got Spain, MrJ Belgium, makes it more interesting.
Get your jab Rufus, easy peasy, nasty sneaky Covid gets everywhere, we need you protected, like an endangered species ?.
Wales need another goal, must get bangers out…what a busy life!
Take care ?

Aveline Sat 12-Jun-21 15:29:51

Rufus2 you get along to get that vaccination asap!! No excuses.
Hard to believe you can't get through a helping of cod in parsley sauce in one sitting.
Guess what? I'm eating out again. A Japanese restaurant with friends tonight and a family birthday tea-party tomorrow pm.
Forthcoming attractions for next week include a one hour pre op phone call from the hospital on Tuesday. Virtual BP and ECG? The telephone physio assessment was odd enough.
Oh well. Onwards. Hope your nasty bout of weather has improved btw.

Rufus2 Sat 12-Jun-21 15:21:51

Evening all! As PC Dixon of Dock Green would say!
Seems like you are all eating out again, splashing out on fine food which is good to hear; reviving the economy. I’m doing my bit too; had the remainder of my Cod and parsley sauce left-overs from last evening. hmm

Rafichagran Don’t worry about misquoting your age, although I was a bit surprised; I’d put you at being even younger based on my ability to “read” behind postings!
Your London weather looks good according to our TV weatherman 27C

We had Chris Tarrant on TV again this evening. this time on the East Orient
rails crossing Turkey, with temperatures of minus 35C being mentioned. Very pretty snow and ice everywhere! No Thanks!

Aveline You’re being rather irreverent! “Ginge and Whinge”! indeed! shock
At least Harry has Royal blood even if he’s no longer on the payroll

I see that Royal Ascot starts on Tuesday; do you need an invite to get into the best parts.? Fascinators will be worn!

Received my personal invitation letter from the Federal Govt inviting me to show up for my first jab! Decisions, decisions! I suppose my GP will be on my tail soon. if he’s got the vaccine!

The Pandemic tracers are still trying to find missing links over recent tiny clusters of new cases, but their job is not made any easier when idiots can still find ways to circumvent travel restrictions.
Talk is now of a possible OZ/Singapore bubble, which will be good.

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo