Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday, deputising for *Mick*.

(58 Posts)
Marydoll Sun 13-Jun-21 06:26:00

Wakey, wake everyone!!

muse Sun 13-Jun-21 12:17:07

Good afternoon Mary and all. Thank you Mary
It’s too hot to be energetic Ali. A saunter is in order ?
Beechnut I read it years ago. Found it difficult (emotionally) to read in places. Not my usual choice but kept reading. I say no more
Mary. Do you know if the fault is at Mick’s or GNHQ’s end? Can he read these posts? The email I had from GNGQ said for him to email a different address (mumsnet) and they would sort it out. I’ve sent it onto Maw . I know she’s doing all she can to help. Enjoy your holiday.

Apart from walks with Mya and a call to my darling daughter in half an hour,I’ll keep in the shade today. DD has been told to self isolate. She’s tested negative. Due here in 2 weeks!!

Stay safe in the sun everyone. ?????

gillgran Sun 13-Jun-21 10:17:32

Good Morning to you all from another hot day in Cambs.,

Great photos, thank you for those.

I'll be out of touch from this evening, until late Tuesday or Wednesday. We are off to the NW Norfolk coast, we have to have a smart meter fitted. I know it will be useful that E.ON will be able to read our meter regularly, but we have been reluctant to go ahead.
(We've made excuses not to have one, such as we are a holiday home there & it is remote).
We don't have a smart meter here, at our main home, so we will see how it goes.

Caring thoughts for Auntieflo, Cherry, & all of you who have added problems. flowers. (& where is EV)?

dragonfly46 Sun 13-Jun-21 09:44:33

I too loved The Kite Runner.

Grandmajean Sun 13-Jun-21 09:36:47

Good morning all from not yet sunny Cheshire, but heat and sunshine promised later !
DS and DD took Grandson to the Monsal trail ( Bakewell / Buxton ) yesterday. A great day out ( bikes fastened to car ) for all ages as no traffic but bikes , horses and walkers. They had a wonderful time .
Not much happening here today so will relax and read all posts. Thank you Marydoll for opening. Enjoy Pitlochry. Lovely little town. May be there in July.

Dogsmakemesmile Sun 13-Jun-21 09:35:08

Good morning from an increasingly warm Scottish Borders. Lovely to hear of everyone else's plans for day ahead. Hoping to buy some geraniums for a window box. Listening to Broadcasting House on R4. Always find it informative and reassuring plus quirky at times. Going to make a banana and chocolate marble cake later. Not sure if it is a great combo but have been asked to bake one for family member. Have a good day.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 13-Jun-21 09:30:29

Good Morning all from Sunny Harrogate!
Yesterday had an emergency call from DD2, she had a migraine, could we pick up DGS and can he stay the night with us! Again I had him sleeping in my bed, I really should practise sleeping with an octopus, it might be easier.
DD2 has been to pick him up, feeling much better - it seems I'd dressed him in his PJs, they were very decorative
Must go, I'm hoping to make it to church this am, will probably fall asleep!!
Hope to catch up with your goings on later!

Have a good day, folks.

Gingster Sun 13-Jun-21 09:11:47

Good morning all from a beautiful day here on the Suffolk coast. It’s going to be a scorcher! ?

I expect the beach will be fairly busy today. It’s never crowded as we’re off the beaten track here. A day in the garden for me. Footie for DH - I will potter and read my book. I’ve got a chicken already in the oven, so we’ll have it cold with salad and new pots.

Hope everyone on holiday is having a great time and enjoying the change of scene. With gorgeous weather too. ?

Hope everyone who is poorly are feeling a bit better and on the road to recovery. ☺️

Enjoy today. ???

GrannySomerset Sun 13-Jun-21 09:07:26

Bright and beautiful morning but nothing in prospect for today apart from getting DH washed, shaved and dressed and dealing with whatever minor crisis emerges - getting red wine out of the sitting room carpet is top of the list since last night’s efforts were not wholly successful.

Hope all those away from home have a lovely time and good journeys, and that those of us not doing much enjoy it.

B9exchange Sun 13-Jun-21 09:03:06

Good morning all, we have sun in SW Herts, looking to be a scorcher! You sound a busy lot today, thoughts for those with worries on their shoulders. Off to Church in a minute, then Farmers Market, then late lunch with DD and DGDs as a thank you for doing her garden and restoring DGS to his room yesterday, which has just been decorated and new wardrobe and drawers fitted. He had retained nearly all his clothes for the past 10 years, the local charity shop is in for a haul!

Nannytopsy Sun 13-Jun-21 09:00:17

Kitty I am so sorry to hear about your brother. The hope he improves rapidly.

Nannytopsy Sun 13-Jun-21 08:58:35

Good morning Marydoll & Mick and all who follow.
Lovely morning in Suffolk and fresh so far. I think we shall be seeking shade later!
I loved the Kite Runner but I did need most of a box of tissues.
We BBQed a joint of pork last night which was lovely but I used the wrong rub and the outside was very salty. This morning I am very thirsty.
Lots of exciting rugby yesterday afternoon and our team won! So different to the team who were nearly relegated last year.
I hope the day is kind to everyone. If you are off on your travels, enjoy!

NannyJan53 Sun 13-Jun-21 08:57:56

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

We had a BBQ last night (just the two of us) and sat out until 10pm! The photo is our garden from the patio. With trees at the back making it look like we are in the countryside, not near a town!

We are off to the caravan in Somerset today, where we spend a night before travelling off to Bude for a week. Never been there before, so looking forward to it.

I hope Mick can sort out his tech problem and be back soon. Thank you to Marydoll and Maw for the help.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

Anniebach Sun 13-Jun-21 08:57:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Stilllearning Sun 13-Jun-21 08:53:28

Morning from sunny Ayrshire where I am still having a lovely break but definitely home this afternoon.

Thanks for cheery opening Marydoll, I’m thoroughly impressed by your technological advice but didn’t understand a word of it!

Lovely trousers grandMattie, my eight year old granddaughter would absolutely love them.

Enjoy your trip to Perth Grammaretto.

I’ll try to add a picture of the sea where I am, you can just see Arran in the distance, and wish everyone a very good day ??

Alygran Sun 13-Jun-21 08:49:32

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another sunny day here.
I have a bit of ironing to do then I’m going to the farmer’s market in town. Lunch in the garden then read my book!
Have a good day everyone.

aggie Sun 13-Jun-21 08:46:40

Good Morning all, very overcast here , not a breath of wind , I have all the doors and windows open to try and cool down
Another nothing day planned , I did a bit of watering in the garden yesterday , this usually results in a down pour but not a drop this morning !
Thinking of a few missing posters , I hope all is well
Haste ye back Mick

Grandmabatty Sun 13-Jun-21 08:44:11

Good morning all. Polmont is warm but cloudy. There are lots of interesting photos today to look at!
Yesterday was housework and washings day and I'm glad I got it out of the way. Marydoll I love Pitlochry. Are you managing a trip to the theatre? Alizarin that is a rather scary seagull. Harrigran I'm glad you had a good day and your dh felt well enough to join in.
Today we are having a family breakfast at a lovely place at the foot of the Ochil Hills. They aren't taking bookings so fingers crossed we can get a table. Apart from that, I have to drop off a birthday gift to a friend and then I'll have a quiet potter. Have a good day all.

cornergran Sun 13-Jun-21 08:41:56

Morning All, a sunny start to our corner of Somerset, the perennial breeze will be welcome today.

Gardening accomplished yesterday, no traffic jams and a very enjoyable BBQ all made for a good day. Today? No bending that’s for sure! May push a long handled hoe around our borders then a day busy doing nothing in the sun before paella later.

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and Sunday is kind to us all.

ginny Sun 13-Jun-21 08:41:36

Good morning. Another sunny one near Ely, where we are enjoying breakfast alfresco.
Lovely day around Ely yesterday, history, walking and food.
Lazy day today . A short walk for me and a longer one for DH and DD2. Will head home this evening after making the most of this beautiful weather.
Thoughts with all who have troubles but wishing all a good day with a smile along the way.

Lins1066 Sun 13-Jun-21 08:38:01

Good morning from a blue skied and sunny S Welsh coast, yesterday was a similar day by 11 am too. Lovely to catch up with one of ours and his lovely partner, we had lunch in the garden.
I had pain last night after sitting so long but it was worth it.
Mr Lins planted up some pots with Cosmos to put in the front garden, they tolerate they shade there really well. Sam enjoyed being in the garden with him and pinching things from the shed.
Have a lovely holiday Marydoll, like old times seeing you opening up the thread.
I hope your brother improves and gets better soon kitty.

A BBQ, a perusal of the papers and a stroll today, nothing too taxing.
Wishing everyone a pleasant day and thinking of our absent posters ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Jun-21 08:26:54

Oops posted to soon.

Apparently after several glasses of vino on Friday night with our friends I agreed to a cruise in August. I love being near the water but have a phobia of being on it, I cannot even watch Titanic or any of those boat films. I shall be on a mission this week in the bookshop to purchase numerous self help books to get me on the flipping boat!! (It’s only going round the British Isles)

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Sar53 Sun 13-Jun-21 08:25:25

Good morning from Leamington where the sun is shining and the sky is blue.
Thanks for opening Mary, I'm glad you are enjoying your break.
I watched DGD2 play football yesterday morning , sadly they lost to a much better team. Shopping in the afternoon with DGD1 and a visit to an ice cream parlour, then DD1 met us with DGD3. I looked after the girls whilst daughter and SIL had an evening out.
This afternoon we are having a BBQ and my cousin is joining us, I haven't seen him for nearly a year.
I will be watching the football later. I hope Christian Eriksen makes a full recovery.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone xx

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Jun-21 08:23:56

Morning all.

Alzarin take things easy with your new hip, slowly slowly.

Marydoll pleased you are enjoying your break, hopefully it will recharge your batteries!

The sky is clear blue and it’s already warming up, we shall BBQ later when DD and the GC arrive, (I have made burgers as ordered). No doubt there will be swimming and requests for the bouncy castle to be knflated

brook2704 Sun 13-Jun-21 08:18:25

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a warm cloudy start to the day
Thanks for opening up marydoll and I hope you continue to enjoy your break in Pitlochry
We’re off walking today in Glenmore, I think we’re doing a circular route to Loch Uaine which is known as the green loch as the water has a teal green tinge to it, and then up to Ryvoan Bothy for the views. Should be a good day!
I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday, enjoys the good weather and take care everyone when out and about ?

Blossoming Sun 13-Jun-21 08:15:33

Good morning all, grey skies here in Lancashire right now but sunshine forecast for later. The little sparrows are chirping away just above our bedroom window, Mr. B wil be feeding them shortly. I have taken my meds and am ready for a cup of tea. Love the jazzy trousers grandMattie, pottering sounds like an excellent idea Alizarin and beechnut. I think I shall be doing much the same. Following on from the successful cull of the underwear collection I need to put away some of the winter things into moth proof covers in the airing cupboard. This will give me more room for summer dresses, of which I have an ample sufficiency so am trying not to buy any more!

Happy Sunday all ?