Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday

(79 Posts)
harrigran Mon 14-Jun-21 06:32:37

Is everyone having a lie in ?

GrannySomerset Mon 14-Jun-21 17:18:18

Great pics, Marydoll. If you can’t post them there is little hope for the rest of the class.

Thank you for the supportive messages - makes me feel less alone and is much appreciated. GP brisk, sensible and supportive though no antidepressants - getting the right help in place is the answer, though I foresee considerable difficulty before we can do that. We now wait to be contacted about a needs assessment, so not sure how long that is going to take.

What a valuable community this is. There is always someone who has been there and can empathise, and that is so helpful.

Marydoll Mon 14-Jun-21 16:48:48

It worked, hurrah! In the distance is the shoogly, vibrating bridge!

Marydoll Mon 14-Jun-21 16:47:59

Just practising, wink. I can't get photos to post, so trying something different.

grandMattie Mon 14-Jun-21 13:49:24

As a child, when we were on holiday, there were mosquitoes as big as Spitfires. We were covered in bites and found that chlorophyll toothpaste was very helpful. We did look peculiar though! ?

Marydoll Mon 14-Jun-21 13:46:32

Borrheid, not Fishers, but the Scotland up the hill from the main street. It was supposed to be refurbished, but Covid put paid to that.
I was in the bookshop, two in at a time! Felt quite rushed, as there was a long queue outside. Came out with nothing. Booked for April, but this time, Mackays, no hills to climb! Phew!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed the break.

I have photos, but most won't upload.::I ?

MawBe Mon 14-Jun-21 12:54:37

Nannagarra

Grandamafrench - this might seem odd, but I inadvertently discovered toothpaste applied to bites soothes them. I must have used it by mistake thank goodness!
Not a good look but perhaps add it to your collection?

Hope you didn’t brush your teeth with the Anthisan grin

Borrheid55 Mon 14-Jun-21 12:50:13

Marydoll you must have been at Fishers hotel if you were trainspotting. There is a path at the rear of the hotel takes you to the station and the best charity bookshop!
DH is definitely improving- he’s just cut the grass. And its 30C in our very sheltered garden here in Ashford Kent . I did say if he goes back to work 6 weeks post gall bladder removal, then it’s down to the good nursing he’s had! District nurse said she thought 8 weeks.
Looking forward to the footie this afternoon- only cos Scotland is playing! Not looking forward to Boris at 18:00!
Hope all enjoying the good weather.

Lillian40 Mon 14-Jun-21 12:32:42

What beautiful weather we are having, from a very wet May to a very hot and sunny June. Great weather for plants and wildlife. I have always loved warm sunny summers with Blue sky and a tranquil feeling. Since I have reached 80 years old I seem to suffer in the sun and even feel sick with the heat, this is so annoying. I wonder if this is normal at my age or an underlying problem. I shall have to Google it to find out. I want so much to be out and about this weather.

Nannagarra Mon 14-Jun-21 11:57:16

Can also recommend these.

Nannagarra Mon 14-Jun-21 11:54:25

Grandamafrench - this might seem odd, but I inadvertently discovered toothpaste applied to bites soothes them. I must have used it by mistake thank goodness!
Not a good look but perhaps add it to your collection?

Doodle Mon 14-Jun-21 11:11:48

urms I think you’ll find a lettuce leaf and water make more difference than being on bread and water but I sympathise. My scales seem to be broken as I obviously can’t weigh that much….can I? ?
muse hope you can resolve your problem ok ?
Have a good day all

Scentia Mon 14-Jun-21 11:03:43

Gwen and nannagarra
Yes they are, I will use the narstunums flowers for cake decorating.

Grandmajean Mon 14-Jun-21 11:03:41

Grandmafrench that's quite a collection !

Urmstongran Mon 14-Jun-21 10:50:00

Dispiriting isn’t it Blossoming? ?

Blossoming Mon 14-Jun-21 10:40:25

Gosh Ashcombe what a scare! Hope your friend is OK. Have a lovely walk Alizarin good to hear you’re improving. Hope the appointment goes well Harrigran.

Urmstongran I daren’t step on the scales, think I should be on water without the bread!

hollysteers Mon 14-Jun-21 10:32:44

Nannagarra, great pics, I know that area, lovely.
GrannySomerset have been through the same myself, very upsetting.
Bit of a shock Ashcombe, not nice.

Grandmafrench Mon 14-Jun-21 10:32:40

All donations gratefully received.....?

Jaxjacky Mon 14-Jun-21 10:29:38

It’s a good shout GrannyS to admit and ask for some assistance, hopefully your GP will be fully supportive.
I didn’t thank harrigran for opening up, apologies, I really should post later when I’m more awake.
Hi Mick ✋hurry back, must be very frustrating.

Blossoming Mon 14-Jun-21 10:22:18

Yes, I am having a lie-in! We had a late night, it was so hot and difficult to sleep, and I had a bout of diarrhoea after eating pizza with cheese and ham for supper. I’m not supposed to eat it, it’s my own fault. I’m up, showered and dressed now so will read all your news while sipping lots of water. It’s a little cooler here in Lancashire at the moment.

Happy Monday ? and a big dollop of ❤️ to anybody who needs it.

Grandmafrench Mon 14-Jun-21 10:15:14

Enjoy your break, holly and take care of that knee.
Hope life calms down a bit gagagran and your DH’s surgery is successful. Take care and come back soon?
GrannyS what good advice you’ve given yourself. Don’t hold back with your GP so you get all the help you need. You’re just exhausted - and very honest. ?

Nannagarra Mon 14-Jun-21 10:12:55

Fingers crossed you get the help you need GrannySomerset. You sound at the end of your tether, understandably stressed out.
Are we looking at poppies, cornflowers and nasturtiums Scentia? I love all three but have forgotten to sow/buy the third this year. A good nudge for me. Thanks.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 14-Jun-21 10:11:05

I do see your Freddie Dwmxwg fairly well hidden.
Lovely photos Brook
Are those Nasturtiums? Scentia. I used to eat the seed pod thingies as a child.
That's a new hobbie for your Marydoll - trainspotting? Glad you enjoyed your break, pity about DD's car.

hollysteers Mon 14-Jun-21 10:06:45

Good morning everyone from a brightening northwest Lancashire coast. I’m going to stay with my daughter in In the south on Wednesday and then on to stay with my sister in London. Still reeling from the cost of the train fare! I’m also a bit agitato at the thought of so much travelling, chopping and changing after months of not much happening. Particularly with the wonky knee.
I had a lovely day in Chester yesterday and drove there, a triathlon was in progress so had to go all round the houses due to diversions to park at my friend’s house. Such a lovely city and a nice meal by the river.
Driving back on the motorways, there was a very low sun, epwhich I found disconcerting, although motorways are my favourite when driving, it’s the messing about at each end that bothers me.
Thoughts to harrigran, Cherry and anyone bothered in any way.

Grandmafrench Mon 14-Jun-21 10:06:10

Good Morning everyone from a cool and comfortable ?South of France……..well, until I go outside! I’m going to enjoy a swim in a moment but will definitely wear a tee shirt today to avoid risk of sunburn. My DH suggests maybe a hat and coat as well might deter biting insects. I seriously doubt that anything will deter them at present. Off to Pharmacy later where I shall update my stash of remedies and hope for a miracle. Given that the Pharmacists know that we had to drive 350kms to a town near Lourdes for my COVID Vacc., appointment, we’ve probably already overdone the ‘miracle’ comments! ?The photo to follow of current stuff includes a very good clothes spray, which you can use on a particular garden working outfit, say. It will protect you through 3 washes or 2 months wear. We have yet to do a proper trial of the ‘watches’. I actually ran out of those stinky nappy Ammonia pens, Jax. They used to work well substituting itching with ouching : ammonia does sting! My favourite odd remedy is a little blue clicker thing which delivers a tiny shock to the bite. Certainly takes the mind off wanting to scratch for a while. ?

Good for you going alone to see a film you fancy, Gingster. I’m sure you miss your lovely SiL very much. What a scare, Ash. I wonder what she would have done if she’d been alone - sometimes people’s stoicism can drift towards being somewhat too casual. You’ve certainly earned your Good Nursey badge. Well done and hope she’ll be lots better now.

When animals run away, it’s awful Amsel. So pleased she was returned safely.

Hope today brings better things for your brother, kitty. Such a shock for you all.

Glad you are making such good progress, Ali. Don’t rush it, though. Be kind to yourself until you’re strong again. Good you know how to pace, yourself, Ekwa, and after your recent life upheaval you are sensible not to push yourself with a few too many planting efforts.

Have a wonderful Scotland, Litterpicker. With Brook and others’ fantastic photos I reckon we could all be tempted by some travel northwards.

Cherry hoping you’re ok. I seem to recall that once before when EV went missing, that it was Maw or Mary who tracked news of her through a near neighbour and GNetter. Was that Glammagran or Glammananna? Can’t remember - but a very nice lady who sadly lost her little dog earlier this year. Just hope she’s ok and it’s ‘equipment failure’. (She better not have been banned! ).

I’d guess that sheep is either stretched out amongst the buttercups and her woolly women with a good book, or trying to fit 2 days work into one each day. I suspect the latter!

Everyone needs to stretch out and enjoy the good weather, drop those shoulders, relax, top up the Vitamin D levels, take it all as a holiday. And how we all really deserve that! You’ll have loads of time to struggle with housework and admin and things you say you ‘ought to’ be doing, once this spell of marvellous weather has passed.
Just take care everyone, have a happy Monday - and vow to not let life get you down.

To missing posters and those worried or unwell - a special Good Morning hug.
Come back soon, Mick ?‍♀️

Georgesgran Mon 14-Jun-21 10:02:51

Good morning from a bright, overcast Durham. An awful night for me too - awake at 4.20, so I watched lots of episodes of Border Control, fell asleep at 7.30 and woke at 9 - feel quite sluggish and disoriented. I have a visit to Ikea planned and a birthday present to get in Lakeland and want to return SIL’s coat that he forgot last night.
Hope Harri’s DH bloods are in order today.
Make the best of the weather (if you like the heat). X